PDA

View Full Version : man ate his dog to survive in wilderness

InRareForm
11-12-2013, 09:23 PM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/wild_things/2013/11/12/man_and_dog_vs_bears_and_the_wild_outrage_that_a_s tarving_man_ate_his_dog.html

Koolaid_Man
11-12-2013, 09:45 PM
I hope I would have had the courage to kill myself....my dog is my only weakness in life...

FkLA
11-12-2013, 09:57 PM
This saddens me tbh. What an ungrateful bastard.

xmas1997
11-12-2013, 10:08 PM
That is tough. I don't think I could do it. I would probably just starve.

CubanSucks
11-12-2013, 10:32 PM
That's depressing but I've never been in the brink of starvation so I'll shut my mouth. All the self righteous pricks up in arms should do the same

DeadlyDynasty
11-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I'm a pussy when it comes to animals dying. I guess it's their innocence. People are inherently scumbags so their deaths just dont affect me.

xmas1997
11-12-2013, 10:50 PM
My dog ran off today and went to doggie jail so I'm debating. I had to get a choke chain. He freaks when he sees deer.

But what happened to the cheese? :lol

FkLA
11-12-2013, 10:52 PM
That's depressing but I've never been in the brink of starvation so I'll shut my mouth. All the self righteous pricks up in arms should do the same

A dog that was loyal at home and that saved you from a bear is practically family. I'd rather starve than turn cannibal and eat my family tbh.

Biernutz
11-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Would a weenie dog taste better than a German Sheppard. Just what do you
people think your eating when you eat Vietnamese buffet. Do you see any dogs
around the area. All kidding aside if your stranded some where and you are starving
and you can't get any food that dog could save your life.

DMC
11-12-2013, 11:12 PM
I love dogs. I'd have only eaten a leg at a time.

HI-FI
11-12-2013, 11:25 PM
if the dog started to turn on him, like started viewing him as piece of steak as well, then maybe I could understand it. but if the dog was still guarding him, then it's pretty fucked up.

chunticakes
11-12-2013, 11:31 PM
self preservation is our most primal instinct. we can't really sympathize with this guy until we find ourselves in a similar life or death situation.

with that being said, i don't know if i would be able to eat my dog like that. i'd rather starve.

i'd much rather kill a person and eat them but that's just me.

tlongII
11-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Tastes like chicken.

CubanSucks
11-13-2013, 12:01 AM
A dog that was loyal at home and that saved you from a bear is practically family. I'd rather starve than turn cannibal and eat my family tbh.

STARVING. BRINK OF DEATH. EASY MEAT RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

I seriously think us first worlders underestimate what it feels like to starve. And don't forget, if you're starving the dog's probably not doing so well either. He probably put it out of its misery as well

until that person's begging for their life and you realize how much more valuable human life is. Sorry, dog's going first. Again, I'm guessing considering I've never been in that scenario

DJR210
11-13-2013, 12:12 AM
http://static.ifood.tv/files/photos/Wierd_Food_-_Dog_meat.jpg

xmas1997
11-13-2013, 12:13 AM
It's sad but remember that plane that wrecked and everybody started eating everybody? A soccer team?

Or some shit like that.

I guess I'll be the first to admit I would do it. If you have kids and you need to live. Yes. I would do it.

self preservation is our most primal instinct. we can't really sympathize with this guy until we find ourselves in a similar life or death situation.

with that being said, i don't know if i would be able to eat my dog like that. i'd rather starve.

So then you would eat your children?

Floyd Pacquiao
11-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Gotta do what you gotta do tbh. It's just a dog anyways.

Rogue
11-13-2013, 04:44 AM
humans would do anything for themselves to survive, just like what we learned from The Island (2005 film, starring Ewan McGregor and my goddess). Humans would even take other humans' lives in order for themselves to survive imho

chunticakes
11-13-2013, 06:01 AM

its a good thing i don't have children. but i'm sure Avante would have no quarrels with eating children.

CubanSucks
11-13-2013, 08:43 AM
humans would do anything for themselves to survive, just like what we learned from The Island (2005 film, starring Ewan McGregor and my goddess). Humans would even take other humans' lives in order for themselves to survive imho

Wow, excellent point. I never thought of it that way.

DMC
11-13-2013, 08:48 AM
if the dog started to turn on him, like started viewing him as piece of steak as well, then maybe I could understand it. but if the dog was still guarding him, then it's pretty fucked up.

lol I got the image of those cartoons were they see each other running around as a hotdog or a steak or cooked turkey.

DMC
11-13-2013, 08:49 AM

Dog isn't a hoven animal, you're safe bro.

Michael Jordan.
11-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Yeah wouldn't even be a tough choice. Only a dog anyways.

O.J. Simpson
11-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Paging pawe

lebomb
11-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Thats a doggone shame..........

Sportcamper
11-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Highly Skilled Canadian Outdoorsman ? Prolly was only a mile from a main road… :lol

Trainwreck2100
11-13-2013, 01:14 PM
shit happened all the time during the depression.

I. Hustle
11-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Sounds like a regular lunch for a lot of posters here.

The Gemini Method
11-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Gotta do what you gotta do to survive--if it came down to it, those who are PETA whining would do the same. It's do-or-die and Fido gots to go...

AchillesHeel
11-13-2013, 02:08 PM
People have done a lot worse to survive.

mrsmaalox
11-13-2013, 03:23 PM
I don't think I could kill my dog and then eat him, but maybe if he was already dead it wouldn't be as terrible. You know that dogs wouldn't hesitate to eat us if we were already dead! I had a dog who actually did that :lol

Trill Clinton
11-13-2013, 04:13 PM
so this frost king was an outdoorsman stranded in the wilderness and didn't have any skills to hunt his own game??? his dog scared off a bear and he gets repayed by his puss ass owner with a stone to the cranium.

this guy couldn't have been starving or dehydrated that bad to have the strength to kill his dog with a rock, skin it, clean it and cook it lol. i hope this nasty mofo didn't eat the dog raw, fur n all. just sick.

this story is shady as fuck.

xmas1997
11-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Jesus Christ xmas, NO. I would eat the dog so my kids would still have a Dad in their life.

:lol
Sorry.
Must be that cheese I got off of eBay.

CubanSucks
11-13-2013, 04:44 PM
so this frost king was an outdoorsman stranded in the wilderness and didn't have any skills to hunt his own game??? his dog scared off a bear and he gets repayed by his puss ass owner with a stone to the cranium.

I'm sure the owner was the only thing on the dog's mind when faced with a huge creature coming their way.

this guy couldn't have been starving or dehydrated that bad to have the strength to kill his dog with a rock, skin it, clean it and cook it lol.

He was supposed to wait to that point? This vague line you're drawing would've been too late to do anything

answer me this, faggots, what would've happened to the dog if he didn't do this? Let's say he spares the dog and starves to death. That dog is either A: going to come to a different gruesome ending, another animal that doesn't fuck around, a fall, etc., or B: going to have it's own slow and miserable death like the owner.

thought so, bitch

Trill Clinton
11-13-2013, 05:17 PM
he is an outdoorsman, fam. were his legs broke? was he trapped? did he eat the dog raw or did he cook it? its just odd that this guy couldn't set up a couple squirrel traps or ate some wild mushrooms and greens. this is stuff ya learn in the weeblos. if he was in bad condition as he claims, wouldn't the dog be in worse off shape? i refuse to believe a mutt can outlive a outdoorsman stuck in the wilderness:lol

HarlemHeat37
11-13-2013, 05:30 PM
:lol Trill going IN, tbh..

It is very questionable that this nigga couldn't find anything to eat or concoct a plan that would provide him with anything to eat, even if it's just sufficient enough to get him by..if he was willing to eat his own dog, it's not like he's a picky eater anyways:lol..

I'm not an outdoorsman, but I'm pretty sure if I had my dog with me, we could find and kill a fucking squirrel or groundhog, or whatever the fuck, tbh..

CubanSucks
11-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Ever consider that he's just a shitty outdoorsman? I didn't read the story, is he just a glorified camper? I agree he should be able to do those things as an "outdoorsman" but I'm applying my points to anyone not savy enough to survive in the wilderness which I'm assuming includes this guy

Trill Clinton
11-13-2013, 05:53 PM
word. novice outdoorsmen should not be allowed to bring pets with them when they go on into the wilderness. kinda fucked up dude couldn't outlive a mutt and dude was starving so bad and close to death but he was able to make some puppy stew:lol

Koolaid_Man
11-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Ever consider that he's just a shitty outdoorsman? I didn't read the story, is he just a glorified camper? I agree he should be able to do those things as an "outdoorsman" but I'm applying my points to anyone not savy enough to survive in the wilderness which I'm assuming includes this guy

at what point do you start eating your shit...lemme guess you already had some packed up for the trip :lol