PDA

View Full Version : Jazz: Thoughts on Pau Gasol

whitemamba
11-13-2013, 03:40 AM
Shooting a sold 38% from the field, grabbing 10 RPG, and a dazzling 2 assists PG, he's also moving slower than ever, his game is softer than a fresh clitoris… Since we are tanking, I say, as a thank you, we let him enjoy this last year, and call it quits. He is not half the player he used to be, very sad.

whitemamba
11-13-2013, 03:55 AM
where is spur fan with the MVPau chants

ElNono
11-13-2013, 03:58 AM
you couldn't bump the other thread, tbh? :lol

MVPau leading the team to another win, per par....

LkrFan
11-13-2013, 06:48 AM
Shooting a sold 38% from the field, grabbing 10 RPG, and a dazzling 2 assists PG, he's also moving slower than ever, his game is softer than a fresh clitoris… Since we are tanking, I say, as a thank you, we let him enjoy this last year, and call it quits. He is not half the player he used to be, very sad.
:lmao

DMC
11-13-2013, 08:44 AM

No, but Kobe is.

whitemamba
11-13-2013, 12:40 PM
you couldn't bump the other thread, tbh? :lol

MVPau leading the team to another win, per par....

I wanted to bash him in a fresh thread, he deserves it tbh..

No, but Kobe is.
You usually have something more productive to say..

TDMVPDPOY
11-13-2013, 12:45 PM
lol lakerfags with the excuses

pau will lead the lakers to a better record then what kobe can muster without a 2nd option...which in the end is the same result lottery bound

Leetonidas
11-13-2013, 12:46 PM
So Kobe shoots 25% in a Finals Game 7 and Lakerfan sucks his balls

Gasol shoots 38% during the regular season ~10 games in and they shit on him

Typical :lol

Leetonidas
11-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Plus I've said it before...MVPau is old now, he's not the player he was from 2008-2012. Shitting on an older big man for not carrying a team of scrubs and D'Antoni at the helm makes a lot of sense :lol

whitemamba
11-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Your focusing on game of that series? Do the lakers win that series without Kobe? Pau has been on a shit decline since the dallas series, Kobe had been playing some of his best basketball up until his injury… Kobe has way more mileage than Pau, and definitely rounded up more injuries than Pau, yet stupid spur fan still slobbers the cock that is Pau, to take shots at kobe, pretty sad.

Brazil
11-13-2013, 12:55 PM
MVPau is doing a favor to LA... dat tanking job is nicely done... too bad kobe gonna cost LA some wins because of some useless records

whitemamba
11-13-2013, 01:03 PM
MVPau is doing a favor to LA... dat tanking job is nicely done... too bad kobe gonna cost LA some wins because of some useless records

tanking at 4-5? my man.

The Gemini Method
11-13-2013, 01:07 PM
This is Xavi Rock Chalk Jay Hawk Henry's team now...on the reals.

ShowtimeFan
11-13-2013, 01:26 PM
This thread appears after Pau played well last night, WTF? I'm hopeful it's a sign of things to come and Pau might turn things around.

Brazil
11-13-2013, 01:45 PM
tanking at 4-5? my man.

that's not on him tho, shooting career low, doing nothing on D, 2 assists per game when he is one of the best passing big man in the league... he is doing the best he can

Brazil
11-13-2013, 01:45 PM
This thread appears after Pau played well last night, WTF? I'm hopeful it's a sign of things to come and Pau might turn things around.

imho he forgot you guys were tanking yesterday, shit happens

hater
11-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Kobe + Gasol were a very good pair and should have been handed the reigns to the Lakers for at least 6 years. Instead, they try to introduce losers like Bydumb, Coward and Nash to make some kind of frankenstein team.

not saying Kobe + Gasol tandem would have won any more championships but at least they would not have gotten swept

Leetonidas
11-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Kobe has way more mileage than Pau, and definitely rounded up more injuries than Pau, yet stupid spur fan still slobbers the cock that is Pau, to take shots at kobe, pretty sad.

The difference is that Lakerfan acts like Kobe is top 5 all-time and so this is to be expected then, he SHOULD be better than a big man that your fan base is always crapping on. And that last line is so fucking ironic considering that's exactly what Lakerfan does to Kobe to take shots at Pau, and he's on your own fucking team which makes it even more sad :lol

And no the Lakers don't win a title without Kobe those years. But replace him with someone like prime Brandon Roy or Dwyane Wade and they most likely still do. The problem is that you're trying to take one of the supposed all-time greats completely out of the lineup and ask if they'd still win the title. Well no shit they wouldn't. Duncan wasn't going to win a title in 2003 without Parker or Ginobili but he still was by far and away the best player of that team.

The real issue is that you and your entire fan base shits all over Pau to try to prop Kobe up constantly. He was 0-12 in the playoffs before he joined up with Kobe. Well what the fuck did Kobe do? Missed the playoffs and had a 4-8 record when he did make it to the first round? Because that's much more impressive?

The Lakers needed both. But what Gasol brought was much more valuable than Kobe's chucking and scoring. The Lakers had stacked teams in the 3 years they made the Finals, you can't tell me that replacing Kobe with a similar SG wouldn't yield similar results. But replacing Pau with any big man not named Duncan, Nowitzki, or Garnett would've got them nowhere. My point is, you should appreciate what both of them bring to the formula instead of trying to downplay the importance of one to prop up the other one as well as blaming any shortcomings on Pau and giving Kobe a pass.

ambchang
11-13-2013, 05:04 PM
2012-13 season after nine games, aka Kobe with MVPau and D12 (you talking DPoY): 4-5

2013-14 season after nine games, aka MVPau without Kobe and D12, but with a hobbled Nash: 4-5

Hmm .....

Killakobe81
11-13-2013, 05:10 PM
2012-13 season after nine games, aka Kobe with MVPau and D12 (you talking DPoY): 4-5

2013-14 season after nine games, aka MVPau without Kobe and D12, but with a hobbled Nash: 4-5

Hmm .....

LOL if same roster sure you could discern a lot from that ... but it's not.

However, glad Pau played well last night. Despite my issues with his play the past 3 years ... I want Pau to get back to form whether we trade him or sign him to a deal commiserate with his current value. I would hate to lose him for nothing. Highly skilled though declining big ... he helped us get 2 chips.

HI-FI
11-13-2013, 05:17 PM
whitemamba with the sodium bads again. MVPau is still clocking in, trying to do his best. he's obviously way past his prime, not the same guy who could carry Kobe to the championships 3 years in a row. Least MVPau is still competing at his age instead of having a blown out achilles.

Bynumite
11-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Gasol is not that old, he's 33. If you're going to play the age card, look at Kobe's age, mileage and the great numbers he put up last season.

Second, spurfan acts like Pau magically started playing like shit in 2013 when that is not the case. He started declining while still being coached by Phil and when Dirk took him to school in 2011.

Bynumite
11-13-2013, 05:57 PM

Hmm .....

Pau with Dwight, Nash and no Kobe: 1st round sweep, 4 double digit losses

ambchang
11-13-2013, 06:59 PM
LOL if same roster sure you could discern a lot from that ... but it's not.

However, glad Pau played well last night. Despite my issues with his play the past 3 years ... I want Pau to get back to form whether we trade him or sign him to a deal commiserate with his current value. I would hate to lose him for nothing. Highly skilled though declining big ... he helped us get 2 chips.

Yeah. The 11-12 roster was clearly better. Unless you want to claim jodiemeeks > D12.

So in other words, Kobe made the lakers worse.

ambchang
11-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Gasol is not that old, he's 33. If you're going to play the age card, look at Kobe's age, mileage and the great numbers he put up last season.

Second, spurfan acts like Pau magically started playing like shit in 2013 when that is not the case. He started declining while still being coached by Phil and when Dirk took him to school in 2011.

Which explained why the lakers started to suck since 2011, because their MVPau can no longer carry him.

Pau with Dwight, Nash and no Kobe: 1st round sweep, 4 double digit losses

Kobe with Odom and Butler, no even have to chance to be swept in the first round.

Bynumite
11-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Which explained why the lakers started to suck since 2011, because their MVPau can no longer carry him.

So you mean to tell me that when your 2nd best player decides to play like he's in the WNBA your chances of success drop significantly... shocker tbh.

Kobe with Odom and Butler.

:lol

ambchang
11-13-2013, 08:14 PM
So you mean to tell me that when your 2nd best player decides to play like he's in the WNBA your chances of success drop significantly... shocker tbh.

:lol

Missing the playoffs in his prime is indeed :lol worthy.

Also, Kobe played well = missed playoffs.

Kobe not playing = made playoffs.

MVPau played well = b2b

MVPau played poorly = Lakers suck.

I guess we all know who is the difference maker on that team.

ElNono
11-13-2013, 08:16 PM
MVPau could be cashing the checks and ducking his children, or faking some injury to avoid playing with scrubs, but no, he still goes out there, competes every night... warrior, tbh

lefty
11-13-2013, 08:17 PM
yes

As the team leader, Pau is stepping up, making sure his team has a good draft pick next season

Of course, Kirby wouldnt give a fuck, he would just try to score 50 every night

Pau is an ALPHA MALE !!!!!!

Thebesteva
11-13-2013, 08:21 PM

Pau hasnt been the same since Kobe's wife Shang Tsung'ed his soul in 2011.

DMC
11-13-2013, 08:39 PM
MVPau could be cashing the checks and ducking his children, or faking some injury to avoid playing with scrubs, but no, he still goes out there, competes every night... warrior, tbh

And he keeps bring in the Laker fans to ST per par etc fwiw

whitemamba
11-14-2013, 04:13 AM
The difference is that Lakerfan acts like Kobe is top 5 all-time and so this is to be expected then, he SHOULD be better than a big man that your fan base is always crapping on. And that last line is so fucking ironic considering that's exactly what Lakerfan does to Kobe to take shots at Pau, and he's on your own fucking team which makes it even more sad :lol

And no the Lakers don't win a title without Kobe those years. But replace him with someone like prime Brandon Roy or Dwyane Wade and they most likely still do. The problem is that you're trying to take one of the supposed all-time greats completely out of the lineup and ask if they'd still win the title. Well no shit they wouldn't. Duncan wasn't going to win a title in 2003 without Parker or Ginobili but he still was by far and away the best player of that team.

The real issue is that you and your entire fan base shits all over Pau to try to prop Kobe up constantly. He was 0-12 in the playoffs before he joined up with Kobe. Well what the fuck did Kobe do? Missed the playoffs and had a 4-8 record when he did make it to the first round? Because that's much more impressive?

The Lakers needed both. But what Gasol brought was much more valuable than Kobe's chucking and scoring. The Lakers had stacked teams in the 3 years they made the Finals, you can't tell me that replacing Kobe with a similar SG wouldn't yield similar results. But replacing Pau with any big man not named Duncan, Nowitzki, or Garnett would've got them nowhere. My point is, you should appreciate what both of them bring to the formula instead of trying to downplay the importance of one to prop up the other one as well as blaming any shortcomings on Pau and giving Kobe a pass.

son this thread had nothing to do with kobe.. seems like your more obsessed than our fan base..

whitemamba
11-14-2013, 04:15 AM
whitemamba with the sodium bads again. MVPau is still clocking in, trying to do his best. he's obviously way past his prime, not the same guy who could carry Kobe to the championships 3 years in a row. Least MVPau is still competing at his age instead of having a blown out achilles.

what a solid argument.. damn you kobe, you stupid fuck, why did you tear that a chillies!!?