PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe Will Dominate the League Upon His Return

Calispursfan11
11-14-2013, 07:22 AM
I used to despise the Mamba simply for the impediment to success he has presented to the rest of the league including the Spurs. But as he has aged, I have reluctantly grown to really appreciate the Mamba. I truly believe that he will be back soon and that he will not only be at the level he was at last year, but better. He will inspire this young, talented squad to a playoff run and potentially take them deep into the playoffs. The Mamba knows that his window is closing but unlike Nash who is clearly done, Kobe has a superstar level year or two left at this level of dominance or above. Make no mistake. Not since Jordan has there been a combination of such a mentally tough and driven, well conditioned, physically superior athlete in the NBA. Kobe will be back and with a vengeance even if only to make the naysayers look dumb. Look out everyone including the Heat, tbh. I hear footsteps and it's the Lakers when Kobe returns in a couple of weeks tbh... You laugh now, but I will bump this thread when my prophecy comes true.

AchillesHeel
11-14-2013, 07:24 AM
I have no doubt that Kirby will be productive upon return and that the Lakers make a push for the playoffs, but going beyond that is just asking for a bukkake come April, tbh.

Calispursfan11
11-14-2013, 07:28 AM
I am in the school of the Lakers are actually significantly better right now without Dwight and Nash even minus Kobe. Add Kobe and that equals "Lakers of old lite" with Pau, Farmar and Kobe. True, age has slowed them just a bit and they've lost a few pieces like Fisher and Metta but when Kobe returns, part of that championship core is still there. Add gifted role players like Hill, Henry (albeit a chucker), Johnson and Blake and you have a pretty dangerous team tbh...

Juggity
11-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Might be the worst take I've heard in the last month

Duncan2177
11-14-2013, 11:27 AM
I used to despise the Mamba simply for the impediment to success he has presented to the rest of the league including the Spurs. But as he has aged, I have reluctantly grown to really appreciate the Mamba. I truly believe that he will be back soon and that he will not only be at the level he was at last year, but better. He will inspire this young, talented squad to a playoff run and potentially take them deep into the playoffs. The Mamba knows that his window is closing but unlike Nash who is clearly done, Kobe has a superstar level year or two left at this level of dominance or above. Make no mistake. Not since Jordan has there been a combination of such a mentally tough and driven, well conditioned, physically superior athlete in the NBA. Kobe will be back and with a vengeance even if only to make the naysayers look dumb. Look out everyone including the Heat, tbh. I hear footsteps and it's the Lakers when Kobe returns in a couple of weeks tbh... You laugh now, but I will bump this thread when my prophecy comes true.
Funny that this is from a spurs fan. Wishful thinking

ambchang
11-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Honestly, this year's Lakers has similar talent with the 2006 or 2007 Lakers. Low 40s win total, 1st round exit.

whitemamba
11-14-2013, 12:41 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/mah-nigga.jpg

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
11-14-2013, 12:49 PM
What??? In NBA 2K14.

Splits
11-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Spurstalk has it's own Cracker Jax

HarlemHeat37
11-14-2013, 02:55 PM

OP is known for his atrocious/vanilla basketball takes, tbh..

Spur-Addict
11-14-2013, 02:58 PM
rLwKKkSkgSo

hater
11-14-2013, 03:00 PM
at his age, coming back from injury will be extremely difficult. Even if he comes back at his last level before the injury, it won't be nearly enough to do jack squat much less make the playoffs. Although the level of the NBA has dropped and it is in laughable state, the Western median has gone up a little which means Kobe would have to score 30pts/game to even smell the playoffs. Good luck with that. it won't happen.

plus the "mamba" already owns the china market. the mos gigantic market in the the world. all he will be playing for is to extend his reigns in that market, for his contract and his scoring records. thats it and that's all. and that's a big IF. I would not be surprised if his leg explodes 3 games into his season.

Calispursfan11
11-14-2013, 03:11 PM
OP is known for his atrocious/vanilla basketball takes, tbh..

Lol, Heat Fan.

spurraider21
11-14-2013, 03:48 PM
I seriously question Kobe's ability to stay in front of the most basic of crossovers upon his return

Arnold Toht
11-14-2013, 03:50 PM
He's a cat of a different breed, that Kobe.

The Gemini Method
11-14-2013, 05:20 PM
This board will lose a great deal of its luster when the day comes that Kirby and Jim call it a career. Both are 1st round HoF ballers and both keep this board exciting! tbh. I think he should take it easy and come back next year when we stacked@##$$#/

HI-FI
11-14-2013, 05:23 PM

Calispursfan11
11-14-2013, 08:58 PM
As I said, the naysayers will pay for their skepticism.

ElNono
11-14-2013, 08:59 PM
stop posting

Calispursfan11
11-14-2013, 09:01 PM
stop posting

I don't think I am the one with the posting problem Mr. 72k lol.

ElNono
11-14-2013, 09:02 PM
https://shop.lifesmokevapors.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Homemade-Vanilla-Ice-Cream.jpg

Bill_Brasky
11-14-2013, 09:03 PM
not gonna happen, OP will probably try to claim anti jinx and be laughed at even more.....

StrengthAndHonor
11-14-2013, 09:05 PM
It's best to put expectations low. My guess, 22-23 ppg, 41% FG, 4 rebs, 4 asst. Lakers miss the playoffs.

Calispursfan11
11-14-2013, 09:12 PM
https://shop.lifesmokevapors.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Homemade-Vanilla-Ice-Cream.jpg

I'll see your vanilla and raise you

http://images.elephantjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/moth-to-solar-flame.jpg

LOL

DMC
11-14-2013, 09:43 PM

You're a fucking idiot. Roll back over and continue sucking off your boyfriend. When we want something from your mouth, we'll just ask him for it directly.

Calispursfan11
11-15-2013, 12:35 AM
You're a fucking idiot. Roll back over and continue sucking off your boyfriend. When we want something from your mouth, we'll just ask him for it directly.

I remember how this ended for you last time... Are you ready for some more?

Calispursfan11
11-15-2013, 12:38 AM
Amazing how all you self-professed veteran posters (DMC "cough" Pakiboy "cough") are too dense to understand what this thread is all about. Amazing. Some of you claim to have college educations even. WOWWW.

NRHector
11-15-2013, 12:40 AM

There's help for addiction, please get some

jimbo
11-15-2013, 04:27 AM
:wakeup

lefty
11-15-2013, 04:37 AM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfeld-Quote.gif

DMC
11-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Amazing how all you self-professed veteran posters (DMC "cough" Pakiboy "cough") are too dense to understand what this thread is all about. Amazing. Some of you claim to have college educations even. WOWWW.

"Hey look yall, I was trolling... see that, I was trolling. I got my troll on, was really reelin' them in and yall didn't know it... I'm ellte"

You try too hard, so just keep sucking that dick, something you're good at that at least you get something for.

HarlemHeat37
11-15-2013, 11:24 PM
"Hey look yall, I was trolling... see that, I was trolling. I got my troll on, was really reelin' them in and yall didn't know it... I'm ellte"

You try too hard, so just keep sucking that dick, something you're good at that at least you get something for.

:lmao..

ElNono
11-15-2013, 11:25 PM

banderas.gif

Calispursfan11
11-16-2013, 02:05 AM

If you spent less time responding to my posts and swallowing Harlem's paki cum, your wife might be borderline satisfied. As it is, she's probably been sucking on someone like technique's rod or at least feeling like it. She doesn't want a small-dick asshole intellectual who spends all his time on a stupid internet board. She wants some nice, Technique-like douchebag sausage up her ass. Cheers :toast

Calispursfan11
11-16-2013, 02:11 AM
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2ic2p91.jpg

DMC
11-16-2013, 10:39 AM
If you spent less time responding to my posts and swallowing Harlem's paki cum, your wife might be borderline satisfied. As it is, she's probably been sucking on someone like technique's rod or at least feeling like it. She doesn't want a small-dick asshole intellectual who spends all his time on a stupid internet board. She wants some nice, Technique-like douchebag sausage up her ass. Cheers :toast

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2ic2p91.jpg

Make several reposts about how others spend too much time online. Then let's discuss Kobe's return to greatness bro... you too can be a forum oracle (not really).

baseline bum
11-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Only thing Kobe's going to be dominating is the ball every possession tbh

ace3g
11-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
(http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA)After seven months rehabbing a torn Achilles, Kobe Bryant has returned to Lakers practice, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Splits
11-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
(http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA)After seven months rehabbing a torn Achilles, Kobe Bryant has returned to Lakers practice, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant says he would be healthy enough to play right now if there was a playoff game.“I feel like I’m ahead of schedule, (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9983765/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-says-achilles-improving)” Bryant told former teammate Rick Fox in an interview for NBA TV, via ESPNLosAngeles.com. “If there was a playoff game tonight, I’d play. I’d play. I don’t know how effective I’d be, but I would play.

:cry Warrior :cry

:lol playoffs

jeebus
11-16-2013, 04:57 PM

:lmao

One half ass practice in and he's already chucking, bricking, nuking team chemistry, and making his teammates worse.

Killakobe81
11-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Not good for team tank ...he could help us win a close game we might ordinarily lose.

DMC
11-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Not good for team tank ...he could help us win a close game we might ordinarily lose.

Like he did last season?

Killakobe81
11-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Like he did last season?

Yep just like last year ...we miss playoffs without him busting his ass and tearing his Achilles in btyhe process.

DMC
11-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Yep just like last year ...we miss playoffs without him busting his ass and tearing his Achilles in btyhe process.

Now he's a martyr. He quit just 2 games shy of the playoffs because he didn't want to be part of this:

NBA Playoffs - Western Conference First Round

Gm.
Date

Opponent
Score

Series Status

Streak

Apr 21, 2013
Lakers
@
San Antonio Spurs
L
-

Spurs lead
-

lost 1

Apr 24, 2013
Lakers
@
San Antonio Spurs
L
-

Spurs lead
-

lost 2

Apr 26, 2013
Lakers
vs.
San Antonio Spurs
L
-

Spurs lead
-

lost 3

Apr 28, 2013
Lakers
vs.
San Antonio Spurs
L
-

Spurs win
-

lost 4

El Nono called it months in advance; Kobe would have some season ending injury to avoid the playoff embarrassment of either not making it or getting destroyed. There was a 50/50 scenario where he wanted to rack up points towards a record, but didn't want to be shamed. The solution was for him to get his points then exit just prior to the embarrassment. Oh but he had a Achilles tear. Right.

Stabula
11-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Kobe will never be the same at his age with a torn achilles but the biggest drop off will probably be defensively.

Baseline
11-16-2013, 08:50 PM
If you mean leading the league in shots taken, yes, this could happen.