PDA

View Full Version : With L.Brown as Coach will Knicks reach playoffs?

milkyway21
07-27-2005, 02:36 AM
Reports: Brown accepts Knicks job
FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 hour ago

NEW YORK (AP) - Larry Brown has been offered a contract by the New York Knicks to become the franchise's 22nd head coach, his agent said Tuesday. And according to reports in the New York Times and Newday, the wandering coach will indeed make Madison Square Garden his new home.

"(He's) made his decision that he wants to coach the Knicks," Glass told the Times. "Now it's up to the Knicks and myself to come up with an arrangement that works for both parties."
According to both the Times and Newsday, that arrangement could be hammered out as early as Wednesday, with a formal announcement of the hire likely happening Thursday.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3830358

now that he reportedly accepted the Knicks job, are they a threat in the East. Will they make the playoffs after 3-yr playoff draught? :rolleyes

TheTruth
07-27-2005, 02:40 AM
Yes, and they made it in 2004 and were swept by the Nets.

milkyway21
07-27-2005, 02:42 AM
I'd like the Knicks to reach the playoffs, not just for Malik but I like this team...a complete opposite of the LALa land.

milkyway21
07-27-2005, 03:34 AM
from ESPN, on Larry Brown's new coaching job

There is little question Brown's arrival can indeed lead to that sort of improvement right away. For all the drama he generates and that history of wearing on his stars -- and his bosses -- Larry's résumé says so. Brown has taken every NBA franchise he has ever coached to the playoffs, all seven of them.

That's a league record.

and Brown loves a challenge.....but besides health problems the East has improve their rosters for the next season-Indiana, Nets, Cavs..

then, there's Miami & Detroit.

Sounds like a lot of work.