PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Melo calls out Harden..

HarlemHeat37
11-15-2013, 02:14 AM
Anthony acknowledged frustration with the officiating Thursday night after Harden attempted 18 free throws in the Houston Rockets' 109-106 victory over the New York Knicks.

Asked if it was tough that the Knicks sent Harden to the line often when they got close, Anthony replied, "We didn't put him on the line, they put him on the line."

Harden led the NBA in free-throw attempts last season and is third this season. He was 16-for-18 Thursday, while Anthony, his teammate on the 2012 U.S. Olympic team, was 9-for-11.

"You look at that, you see the way that some guys get their calls," Anthony said, "and for me, I've got to get cut, you've got to see blood for me to get a call down there. So that's where the frustration comes from." -

This should be interesting, tbh..

D-Wade
11-15-2013, 02:21 AM
Melo only telling the truth here. If he was harden at the end there he'd be going to the line to complete the 4 pt play.

lefty
11-15-2013, 02:22 AM
lol

AchillesHeel
11-15-2013, 02:23 AM
This is so true, and sadly whenever players come out and complain about the officiating, they get fined, like Rose. It's stupid how many calls Harden gets every game, if Melo was on Harden and he took that 3, bet you 10 times out of 10 it would have been a 4 point play.

Clipper Nation
11-15-2013, 02:25 AM
If that was Durant, forget the 4-point play, Stern would have invented a new rule on the spot and given him a 10-point play :lol

Katherine Robinson
11-15-2013, 02:25 AM
Hopefully more players vocalize their frustration with officials favoring James Harden more than what drawing fouls and flopping can produce.

HarlemHeat37
11-15-2013, 02:30 AM
Hopefully more players vocalize their frustration with officials favoring James Harden more than what drawing fouls and flopping can produce.

Durant is worse than Harden IMO..

Katherine Robinson
11-15-2013, 02:32 AM

That might not be true this season.

RsxPiimp
11-15-2013, 02:38 AM
Harden is worst than Durant, never thought someone would take Durants mantle :lol. Harden shot more FT's than Durant in the OKC-HOU despite Durant putting up more shots.

HI-FI
11-15-2013, 02:39 AM
Melo with the bold truth bombs. Imagine if Harden was still with OKC, shit I'm so grateful for new CBA + bad move by Presti.

scanry
11-15-2013, 02:45 AM
It's ridiculous to see players get calls of this nature.

Sean Cagney
11-15-2013, 02:47 AM
Does not surprise me at all.

Leon Black
11-15-2013, 04:14 AM
That might not be true this season.

Shut up faggot

DAF86
11-15-2013, 04:42 AM
The hability to draw fouls is a skill, tbh. Melo is more popular than Harden and the Knicks are more popular than the Rockets, I doubt the refs have a bias in favour of the least popular players/teams, tbh. If a player sells you a call well then you have to call it, it is what it is.

BTW, lol at that retarded Melo foul on Howard, that was the difference in the game.

Chinook
11-15-2013, 05:22 AM
That three wasn't a shooting foul. It was clear on the replay that he went into his shot after he felt contact. It would have been a terrible call to give him the four-point play for that.

Sportstudi
11-15-2013, 05:26 AM
This is so true, and sadly whenever players come out and complain about the officiating, they get fined, like Rose. It's stupid how many calls Harden gets every game, if Melo was on Harden and he took that 3, bet you 10 times out of 10 it would have been a 4 point play.

Not a huge fan of Melo, but he's absolutely right. The calls Harden gets are an utter joke. And that's basically the same story night in and night out. Just a disgrace for the game. Harden is a horrific shooter, he lives by the charity stripe.

Sportstudi
11-15-2013, 05:29 AM

Durant was worse, but by now it's Harden. And Harden can't even shoot. Except for the 11-12 season where he shot .491 the rest of his career it has been a brick festival. Without the charity stripe he wouldn't score anywhere as much as now.

mystargtr34
11-15-2013, 05:49 AM
Melo is a bitch but he has a solid point if you look at the amount of contact Melo needs for a foul call compared to the Harden its pretty funny. Harden basically moves his hands/body into defenders and has the ability to flail while still having control of his shot hence the and-1s.

LkrFan
11-15-2013, 05:53 AM
$20K fine forthcoming just for telling the truth. :lol

Bill_Brasky
11-15-2013, 06:34 AM
That three wasn't a shooting foul. It was clear on the replay that he went into his shot after he felt contact. It would have been a terrible call to give him the four-point play for that.
just like it was a terrible call to give floppen 3 FTs on a bricked 3 where he fell down

Michael Jordan.
11-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Melo doesnt foul Howard and this isn't a story. Btw I don't see him complaining about the hack-a-rule.

KaiRMD1
11-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Melo telling the truth, the same thing we all saw. It's not a skill to get to the free throw line.

Michael Jordan.
11-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Seems like a few still butthurt from 12.

ambchang
11-15-2013, 08:40 AM
That was most definitely a four point play. Larry Johnson got that on a MUCH longer continuation in 1999, why is it all of a sudden not a continuation now?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Melo only telling the truth here. If he was harden at the end there he'd be going to the line to complete the 4 pt play.

:lmao your username
:lmao the irony

Bulaien999
11-15-2013, 10:25 AM
He fouled him, stopped then made his motion and got fouked again. He was already going to the line

Killakobe81
11-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Melo telling the truth, the same thing we all saw. It's not a skill to get to the free throw line.

Unfortunately ...it is. Harden is the best at it. Stern needs to counsel these refs to stop awarding it. But unitl he does ... it is a skill. i hate it, think it's bitch made and I would want to punch a guy playing pickup, trying to get those fouls. But since the refs are "giving" him those calls, he is smart for doing so. Without it Rox at LEASt lose two more games and are outside the playoff hunt if the season ended today. With his plays Rox will probably win what 12 games primarily because of Harden's aggressiveness, flops and bad calls? This is on stern. He needs to step in for "basketball reasons" ...

Killakobe81
11-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Seems like a few still butthurt from 12.

No need. Howard looks like shit on offense. still the best rebounder in the NBA and a great shotblocker. But his season is going perfect hor Howard haters. He was getting neutralized by Bargiani and his own limited post game last night ... tbh.
Rox look good but Howard is failing on offense.

Like I said above I cant blame Harden for playing smart. It's bitch -made but effective. funny thing is some bitching about it on here fully supported Manu's flops ... or Fisher's fake charges.

Bill_Brasky
11-15-2013, 10:36 AM
melo refuses to flip which is one of the only things i respect about him. gets all his points legit instead of being a flailing little bitch....

D-Wade
11-15-2013, 11:23 AM
:lmao your username
:lmao the irony

Not really dude. Just drawing attention to the guy who supposedly is on top of the SG chain these days when by this point in his career wade had already shown balls of steel in the playoffs since his rookie season and lead his team to a ship (instead of choked in a no pressure 3rd fiddle role).

Michael Jordan.
11-15-2013, 11:25 AM
No need. Howard looks like shit on offense. still the best rebounder in the NBA and a great shotblocker. But his season is going perfect hor Howard haters. He was getting neutralized by Bargiani and his own limited post game last night ... tbh.
Rox look good but Howard is failing on offense.

Like I said above I cant blame Harden for playing smart. It's bitch -made but effective. funny thing is some bitching about it on here fully supported Manu's flops ... or Fisher's fake charges.
I wasn't referring to you or Lakerfan, Killa. I was referring to the spurfans that are still hurt about Harden taking a shit on them on the way to the finals for doing the exact same things Ginobli does. Hypocritical.

Michael Jordan.
11-15-2013, 11:25 AM
melo refuses to flip which is one of the only things i respect about him. gets all his points legit instead of being a flailing little bitch....
Gets all his points chucking his team out of games. Agree.

Killakobe81
11-15-2013, 11:33 AM
I wasn't referring to you or Lakerfan, Killa. I was referring to the spurfans that are still hurt about Harden taking a shit on them on the way to the finals for doing the exact same things Ginobli does. Hypocritical.

My bad. We are in agreement. if you supported fisher or Manu flops ... then be mad at the refs not Harden. He is taking advantage of teh shoddy reffing. My thing is I dont believe they are favoring Harden or Durant as a conspitracy ...the refs are just shitty. They favor stars even more than they did in the past ... rooks get screwed and they are rewarding players like Harden, Paul and Durant when THEY are the ones initiating contact. They also support homecookin' as well ...they just suck. but they suck on BOTH sides. So rarely does a team lose SOLELY based on refs. However it does seem Rox are getting a huge advantage here, but it wont matter when they face the Heat.

Michael Jordan.
11-15-2013, 11:49 AM
My bad. We are in agreement. if you supported fisher or Manu flops ... then be mad at the refs not Harden. He is taking advantage of teh shoddy reffing. My thing is I dont believe they are favoring Harden or Durant as a conspitracy ...the refs are just shitty. They favor stars even more than they did in the past ... rooks get screwed and they are rewarding players like Harden, Paul and Durant when THEY are the ones initiating contact. They also support homecookin' as well ...they just suck. but they suck on BOTH sides. So rarely does a team lose SOLELY based on refs. However it does seem Rox are getting a huge advantage here, but it wont matter when they face the Heat.
Yeah. The Rockets won't realize their full potential until McHale is gone and I've been sayin it since last year. Guy cannot draw up a single play. The stretch he was gone last year, Kelvin Sampson took over and the team went something like 6-3 or 7-2. He would do a much better job, and the team wouldn't rely so much on free throws if they had an actual offense. ISO Harden is going to either get him hurt, or cost games.

Clipper Nation
11-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Tbh, Melo's selfish volume chucking is arguably worse than Durant and Harden's ref reliance.... KD and Harden fuck over the other team with their flopping and BS calls, but Melo fucks over his own team whenever he goes into black-hole mode and freezes out his teammates, tbh....

Killakobe81
11-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Yeah. The Rockets won't realize their full potential until McHale is gone and I've been sayin it since last year. Guy cannot draw up a single play. The stretch he was gone last year, Kelvin Sampson took over and the team went something like 6-3 or 7-2. He would do a much better job, and the team wouldn't rely so much on free throws if they had an actual offense. ISO Harden is going to either get him hurt, or cost games.

JVG would be amuch better coach because he would demand more of Dwight and Harden. But my guess to please Dwight and to a lessor extent Harden they will get a "players coach" or a young assistant type they can be buddies with.

Chinook
11-15-2013, 12:37 PM

Not that I've been a supporter of Ginobili's flops, but I don't think their comparable to what Harden does. Ginobili flops to draw offensive fouls and blocking fouls usually without going into a shot. He doesn't drive with the sole purpose of drawing contact. What Harden does is more like what Parker does into when he's injured or being lazy (see the second half of the Finals).

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Not really dude. Just drawing attention to the guy who supposedly is on top of the SG chain these days when by this point in his career wade had already shown balls of steel in the playoffs since his rookie season and lead his team to a ship (instead of choked in a no pressure 3rd fiddle role).

Wade gets injured too much. It happens. Ginboili once was one of the best shooting guards in the league, and still is in someways, but he's not gonna get the hype like someone Harden, or the new gen guys.

Rogue
11-15-2013, 07:33 PM
signing a yellow scrub also comes with benefits imho, despite the money wasted. NY could've matched Houston's offer for Jeremy Rin but they didn't, they let him walk. Only time will tell whether it was a good decision or a bad one for the team's long-term interest.

ElNono
11-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Melo = :cry

Michael Jordan.
11-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Melo = :cry

Basically. Same dude who layed on the floor for five minutes waiting for a call.