PDA

View Full Version : Lucky as hell SOB's!

TheWriter
07-27-2005, 05:02 AM
Heat wave prompts summer school 'snow day'

By KATHY MATHESON
Associated Press Writer

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- A blistering heat wave gave Philadelphia summer school students the equivalent of a snow day Tuesday as temperatures climbed into the upper 90s and so many homeowners cranked up their air conditioners that their power grid set a record.

As a large swath of the United States suffered through another miserably hot day, several western states and parts of the Midwest began to feel the relief of a cold front pushing out what had been days of triple-digit temperatures.

But for the East, the cooler temperatures weren't expect to arrive until Thursday.

I don't know if I should feel sorry for them or hate on them for getting off of school because it was in the upper 90's.

TheTruth
07-27-2005, 05:31 AM
man, i wish my high school cxld classes when the temp got into the high '90s

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 08:56 AM
I lived up north for 80% of my childhood. Central A/C and even window units are few and far between... most people just use box window fans and cieling fans during the summer....... so I would much rather have spent the day at school in hte A/C then at home in the basement face pressed to the cool concrete......

SWC Bonfire
07-27-2005, 08:56 AM
They sure are lucky, going to summer school....

King
07-27-2005, 08:57 AM
I lived in DC, and we were sent home one day when it hit like 95. In the van my parents bought up there, we had to install AC when we moved down here. It's not an automatic thing (or wasn't) on cars.

1Parker1
07-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Let me tell you something about dumbass Philadelphia. I have gone to school in this district since Kindergarden. My HS in Philly didn't have AC either.........and NOT ONCE did we get school cancelled.

They are spoiling kids these days............

1Parker1
07-27-2005, 08:58 AM
They say its going to be 97 here but feel like 110....local news even said that some schools that have AC still cancelled classes...to conserve energy! That's Philly for you! :rolleyes

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 08:59 AM
I lived in DC, and we were sent home one day when it hit like 95. In the van my parents bought up there, we had to install AC when we moved down here. It's not an automatic thing (or wasn't) on cars.

In Conn. we never ever owned a car that had A/C. that was an option you had to pay x-tra for.

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 09:00 AM
They say its going to be 97 here but feel like 110....local news even said that some schools that have AC still cancelled classes...to conserve energy! That's Philly for you! :rolleyes

goodjob! send those kids hoem so they can dehydrate and suffer heat exhaustion out of school's jurisdiction. :tu