PDA

View Full Version : The early season bench press

Nero5
11-16-2013, 06:22 AM
So, the way I currently see it is that the bench guys are getting it done more than the previous two seasons, maybe more. Timmay is playing, well I won't say crap, but definitely like an old man nearing retirement. Perhaps the added sex from the GF is tiring him out?...hell it would me from the looks of things and I don't have to run any further than to the fridge! The only issue for me is Pop - he's never seemed a big bench guy - 2 maybe 3 off the bench and that's it.
So what is the short-term future - the bench remains vital while Timmay does his final grand tour, or someone kicks some life into him?

Baam
11-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Who knows...

He's 37 what do we expect... Duncan and Gino are bound to get worse...

But yeah relying on the depth to make up for it might be good in the RS but in the POs it's another story...

Last year Popo had no problem benching Duncan in the POs (and he could mostly because Boris was playing very well), this year he got Beli to give himself the option to bench Turnobili especially after his game 6 performance...

But if it's the "plan", it's hard to be that confident in the team's POs chances...

TJastal
11-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Who knows...

He's 37 what do we expect... Duncan and Gino are bound to get worse...

But yeah relying on the depth to make up for it might be good in the RS but in the POs it's another story...

Last year Popo had no problem benching Duncan in the POs (and he could mostly because Boris was playing very well), this year he got Beli to give himself the option to bench Turnobili especially after his game 6 performance...

But if it's the "plan", it's hard to be that confident in the team's POs chances...

Well it's going to be up to the younger guys to step it up when inevitably Duncan and Ginobili will run out of gas. Green, Splitter, Leonard especially. Let's not forget some of the bench guys either, who appear to be finally forming a cohesive unit, thanks to Pop thankfully putting away his obsessive thirst to play mad scientist with lineups and rotations. It's going to take a collective effort from everyone to win this year, and it will be much tougher what with all the improved teams out west (rockets, warriors), and also out east (pacers). Last season 2013 (odd year) was the spurs best, (and perhaps, last) chance to land #5. The spurs somehow managed to be injury free while many playoff teams suffered key injuries, and it seemed mediocrity permeated throughout the league. It's going to be a rougher road for sure this time, but as long as the spurs can remain healthy they will have a respectable shot.