PDA

View Full Version : Is this year championship or bust?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Discuss?

Skull-1
11-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Stupid poll, per par.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-16-2013, 10:49 AM
^ still have this nigga blocked and he continue to respond :lmao

:cry fuck manu i wet dream about him every night
:cry i love tgy
:cry manu :cry

barakz21
11-16-2013, 11:03 AM

I gotta agree with Skull on this one. It is stupid, only because..... Aren't the spurs always championship or bust? But I am in no way attacking you or the poll. :toast

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-16-2013, 11:04 AM
I gotta agree with Skull on this one. It is stupid, only because..... Aren't the spurs always championship or bust? But I am in no way attacking you or the poll. :toast

idk what his comment said. but kudos.. got me on that one lol

Baynes
11-16-2013, 11:22 AM
its been 10 games.......

Spanklin
11-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Not with Popovich coaching like a tired old man, running the same old plays that everyone knows like the back of their hand. Where did his ingenuity go? I think he quit. Lucky for us the players ignored him in the fourth last night and pulled one out.

TrainOfThought5
11-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Spurs have been championship or bust for over a decade.

DesignatedT
11-16-2013, 12:12 PM
How long you been a Spurs fan OP? Every year since 99 has been championship or bust.

The Spurs maintaining that belief throughout their fan base is what has made them the best franchise in all of pro sports.

TrainOfThought5
11-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Tbh 98 was a championship or bust year as well. We were great with DRob and crew

barakz21
11-16-2013, 12:38 PM
idk what his comment said. but kudos.. got me on that one lol

Stupid poll per par, that's what he said

DMC
11-16-2013, 12:53 PM
I don't know. What do you mean "or bust"? You need to give the other side of the coin if you want anyone to agree or disagree.

All I know is I was satisfied with the fact that Boris took some shots in the last game, hit or miss, that Marco is moving the ball and looks good out there and that we are playing defense. If that can continue, we'll be ok. I don't care about anything else right now, too early.

Skull-1
11-16-2013, 12:56 PM
You have continued to lie about ignoring me despite referencing everything I write directly. Now that you got called out you say, "I don't know what he wrote." :lmao

What makes you think I am responding for your benefit any way? You're not smart enough to get it. You think too highly of yourself, per par.

You protest too much, liar.

Skull-1
11-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Stupid poll per par, that's what he said
He knows what I said. Don't let him fool you.

spurraider21
11-16-2013, 02:44 PM
It's been championship or busy since Duncan was drafted. Were too good a team to think "well we made the conference finals so that was a great season." While I did enjoy the ride last year, Nobody was content with going 7 games into the finals

benefactor
11-16-2013, 03:26 PM
To say that it's championship or bust just because Duncan is still here is naive. He defied odds last year but he's working on borrowed time. Winning one more would be amazing...and they have a good shot at getting back to the finals with the current state of the West...but let's face it, it's more likely we see Duncan fall off a cliff and the era end as we are seeing him do what he did last year. None of you seem to grasp just how unprecedented what Duncan did last year is. Him repeating it at his age would be not only be remarkable, it would be borderline miraculous. His offensive and defensive impact at 36/37 years is something no other big man has ever done. Look up the per 36 numbers if you don't believe me.

Stop acting like this 2007. Should the Spurs make the WCF? Absolutely. Should they win and go back to the Finals? There is a very good chance. Can they beat a healthy Miami team? I'd give them about a 35-40% chance(that's being pretty generous tbh)...and depending on if Indiana continues to look dominant I'd give them a 50/50 shot against them. Saying championship or bust suggests they are favorites and if you truly believe they are then you are a blind homer.

Skull-1
11-16-2013, 03:52 PM
I have long said Tim will get worse not better due to age. The entire team save Leonard for that matter.

Arcadian
11-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Aren't the spurs always championship or bust?

In a sense, yes, but it's even more so this year because of the team trajectory over the past few years. It has been building up for a while, and now the final step is to win the championship.

Stabula
11-16-2013, 04:43 PM
In a sense, yes, but it's even more so this year because of the team trajectory over the past few years. It has been building up for a while, and now the final step is to win the championship.

elmanutres
11-16-2013, 04:44 PM
after last year absolutely. Simply for the protection on the spurs big 3 legacy. If they don't win a championship soon, people will overlook the 4 titles and simply point out 2013. Sad but people are just assholes. If we win another then it can somewhat negate 2013. It will still be in history but at least people will not ignore the 5 titles (if we win). Plus if we win it against the heat (im rooting for them to go back to the finals to get revenge) it will definately make up for 2013. It's risky though cause if we go back to the finals and lose against the heat again we would probably be to the heat to what the jazz were to the bulls in the 90s. But it's a risk I'm willing to take.

benefactor
11-16-2013, 04:57 PM
:lol...come on now. No one is going to overlook four titles. The Spurs choking will always be a blemish on the record...like they choked against Dallas...but it in no way tarnishes the legacy the Spurs have built in the Duncan era.

HarlemHeat37
11-16-2013, 04:57 PM
To say that it's championship or bust just because Duncan is still here is naive. He defied odds last year but he's working on borrowed time. Winning one more would be amazing...and they have a good shot at getting back to the finals with the current state of the West...but let's face it, it's more likely we see Duncan fall off a cliff and the era end as we are seeing him do what he did last year. None of you seem to grasp just how unprecedented what Duncan did last year is. Him repeating it at his age would be not only be remarkable, it would be borderline miraculous. His offensive and defensive impact at 36/37 years is something no other big man has ever done. Look up the per 36 numbers if you don't believe me.

Stop acting like this 2007. Should the Spurs make the WCF? Absolutely. Should they win and go back to the Finals? There is a very good chance. Can they beat a healthy Miami team? I'd give them about a 35-40% chance(that's being pretty generous tbh)...and depending on if Indiana continues to look dominant I'd give them a 50/50 shot against them. Saying championship or bust suggests they are favorites and if you truly believe they are then you are a blind homer.

I agree with most of this, but I disagree with your definition of championship or bust, tbh..IMO, it doesn't mean that the Spurs should be favoured, it just means they're built to win a title, which has been the case since the first championship, tbh..

Especially after last year, where 1 Pop decision literally took a title away from the Spurs, of course it's championship or bust this year, what else is there?:lol.. OP has made some of the shittiest threads the past few weeks, tbh, God..

It also helps that the league is weaker than it has been in a long time, and the West is at it's weakest point since the 90s..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-16-2013, 05:06 PM
op has been making these shittiest threads lately

:lmao you're just salty cause i called you out on not only your bandwaggoning faggot shit with lebron, but being a bandwaggon bitch in particular (heat, spurs, broncos? cmon now)

also, you must have such an extraordinary outside life considering you seem to be following me around and put so much effort to attack my posts when i hardly acknowledge you

grats tho

benefactor
11-16-2013, 05:08 PM
If we are being honest though, they weren't always built to win a title in the Duncan era. There have been various issues in several of the years that they didn't win that were glaring and not addressed...especially between '07 and now.

I've always seen the championship or bust mentality...especially among Spurs fans...is one of entitlement. A feeling that they deserve to win the title more than another team simply because they are the Spurs and they have Tim Duncan. I can agree with you that this team is built to win a championship, but they are not the favorites. If I say championship or bust, I'm lining up more with the latter than the former.

benefactor
11-16-2013, 05:10 PM
I will meet in the middle with this...if healthy, the Spurs not getting back to the Finals would be a huge disappointment.

Skull-1
11-16-2013, 05:51 PM
:lmao you're just salty cause i called you out on not only your bandwaggoning faggot shit with lebron, but being a bandwaggon bitch in particular (heat, spurs, broncos? cmon now)

also, you must have such an extraordinary outside life considering you seem to be following me around and put so much effort to attack my posts when i hardly acknowledge you

grats tho

The irony of this guy ^ calling someone else a homer is too rich... :nope

^ Thinks too highly of himself. :rolleyes

^ Thinks people actually give flick what he posts. :lmao

TrainOfThought5
11-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Tbh, is there a better team in the western conference that could beat us 4 times out of 7?? I dont see it.

Spursfanfromafar
11-16-2013, 06:01 PM
I agree with benefactor. If the Spurs make the finals, it should be an optimal result considering the state of the Western Conference. The Thunder are weakened as ex-Spurs whizkid Sam Presti seems to have lost control over his Harry Potter charms for the franchise. The Clippers don't have a great bench and I don't think they are as good as the Spurs when both are healthy. The Warriors, I think, will be the Spurs' biggest challenge and even their bench has been weakened with the loss of Jack & Landry; so I expect a tough fight when the playoffs come. The Grizzlies stupidly got rid of a great coach and the tyro who manages them now has them confused. Maybe they will figure it out, but they seem one-dimensional and not upto the Spurs.

The Rockets, are still one season away from being a true WCF contender.

So, the Spurs should make it to the NBA finals, if all things stand as they are on paper. The hope is that the Pacers & Bulls wear off the Heat and in the unlikely event of an EC upset and a Heat defeat in the playoffs, I like the matchup that the Pacers and Bulls present to the Spurs but Pacers as they stand now are 50-50 with the Spurs, no doubt.

I still hope the Spurs make atleast one deadline (trade/waiver) acquisition that takes care of any remaining weakness over the course of the season. If they do that, they will be primed again for a last year like run repeat.

TampaDude
11-17-2013, 09:13 AM
:lol...come on now. No one is going to overlook four titles. The Spurs choking will always be a blemish on the record...like they choked against Dallas...but it in no way tarnishes the legacy the Spurs have built in the Duncan era.

We didn't choke last year. 2006, well, yeah, Manu's brain fart...

spurs10
11-17-2013, 11:59 AM
While I understand people saying it's always "Championship or bust," this year will be different. The 'determination' this team possesses will be on a differentl level because of last year's horror story. They have always been motivated to win, they just never been here before. I think they will have another weapon in their psyches to work with this year.

Will they be able to hold up? Who know? One thing is for sure, they are angrier and more determined than ever. 'I pity the fool' that faces a healthy Spurs team in the playoffs!

Again, I acknowledge that is not a given

PlayNando
11-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Yes.

ohmwrecker
11-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Every year is LOB or bust.