PDA

View Full Version : Heat: How long can Lebron keep this up, tbh?..

HarlemHeat37
11-17-2013, 02:57 AM
I'm not a big fan of the guy, but I can't help but notice what he's been doing so far this season, tbh..

Through 10 games, his True Shooting is 70% :wow:wow..

He's currently shooting 62% from the field..the highest FG% for any player in NBA history on 15+ shots per game is 60.4% from Kareem and McHale..to make it even more laughable, neither of those niggas shot 3s, while King James is currently shooting 50% from 3 on over 3 attempts per game:lmao..

How long can he keep up the historic efficiency, tbh?..

HarlemHeat37
11-17-2013, 02:59 AM
If he does maintain this pace all season, expect Dad Killer to drop another interview talking shit, tbh:lol..

TDMVPDPOY
11-17-2013, 03:01 AM
hopefully they dont hand him the mvp

they gave nash the 2nd one after posting up very good efficiency, but his numbers was down compared to the previous season, 2 wrongs dont make a right, no repeat plz

lebrons stats are down but his efficiency is up, i dont believe in the word coasting he has been using since last year and this year, if his coasting he must explain the losses in the playoffs last season and the game losses this season, coasting means too eary and automatic win

AussieFanKurt
11-17-2013, 03:02 AM
I'm confused. You said you aren't a big fan but call him King James. I've never heard someone impartial to him call him that

HarlemHeat37
11-17-2013, 03:04 AM
I'm confused. You said you aren't a big fan but call him King James. I've never heard someone impartial to him call him that

It's his official nickname, tbh, everybody calls him that..

BanditHiro
11-17-2013, 03:08 AM

doesn't LeBron translate to king or something?

hater
11-17-2013, 03:15 AM
yes there are sometimes legendary regular season players. but when push comes to shove and the playoffs come (the real season, as called by the great ones) then Lebron needs all the help he can get.

say a top 10 SG in NBA history, and the GREATEST SHOOTER in history? yes they help, a LOT and sometimes will bail him out. he's not a great playoff player tbh

HarlemHeat37
11-17-2013, 03:26 AM
Of course he needs all the help he can get..he's only 1 of 3 players in history to win a title while leading his team in points, rebounds, assists and either steals or blocks in the playoffs:lol..

1 of 4 players in history to win a title with his #2 guy averaging less than 16 PPG:lol..staaaaacked:lmao..

lefty
11-17-2013, 03:30 AM
doesn't LeBron translate to king or something?

no it's just another black name

Stabula
11-17-2013, 04:44 AM
no it's just another black name

lulz

TheRealCB
11-17-2013, 05:59 AM
Of course he needs all the help he can get..he's only 1 of 3 players in history to win a title while leading his team in points, rebounds, assists and either steals or blocks in the playoffs:lol..

1 of 4 players in history to win a title with his #2 guy averaging less than 16 PPG:lol..staaaaacked:lmao..

Is Nowitzki on that list?

apalisoc_9
11-17-2013, 06:03 AM
Looks like lebron would dominate the league till his late 30's tbh.

People don't realize his game has changed a lot since he arrived in the NBA.

I don't even see lebron use his strenght that much anymore and he still dominates. Dude could be be 40 and still average 20ppg.

AussieFanKurt
11-17-2013, 06:09 AM
It's his official nickname, tbh, everybody calls him that..

self given nicknames are cool aren't they

Brazil
11-17-2013, 07:15 AM
I'm not a big fan of the guy,

:lol

Captivus
11-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Lebron is machine.
How many players could average a triple-double if they wanted to?
He is proving he can be in the GOAT discussion.

benefactor
11-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Looks like lebron would dominate the league till his late 30's tbh.

People don't realize his game has changed a lot since he arrived in the NBA.

I don't even see lebron use his strenght that much anymore and he still dominates. Dude could be be 40 and still average 20ppg.
His frame is too large to play that long. At 28 he's already been in the league ten years. I'll give him five more seasons before that 260lbs of pounding starts to take a serious toll on his knees. He probably won't be done at 33, but he will have slowed significantly.

TrainOfThought5
11-17-2013, 08:26 AM
If hes smart he'll start dropping weight after 30. 5 pounds each year like Timmy to stay fresh.

TDMVPDPOY
11-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Lebron is machine.

saying he could avg triple double and doing it is another

just ask magic and robertson who didnt walk the talk...they went out and did it, i think bird was also close to avg triple double

dont give me this shit he can do it but doesnt wanna bullshit, cause if said his going to go out there and do it and fails,people will jump on him every opportunity...

jeebus
11-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Well if he keeps playing on scrub teams like the heat where his only backup is either a pot head or some guys in their late late 30s, he'll be done way sooner. He definitely won't be productive like how MJ was his entire career.

hyhy
11-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Its only 10 games. And any NBA player can shoot that % when the defender is standing 2 foot away from him to prevent him from driving. Once his physicals are gone he is gone. His fundamentals are not even good. taking three steps to layup all the time :lol

RsxPiimp
11-17-2013, 10:33 AM
42 % FG in The Finals

Is there a guy much more disappointing than Lebron in the Finals? His averages has been less than stellar, in fact its downright embarassing for someone whose touted as Jordan's replacement :lol. In 4 Finals trips, he has shot a career 42% on the field. He dropped the ball against Dallas and wasn't even that much impressive in San Antonio until Ray Allen saved his career. I won't even go into details how shot 35% in a sweep against SAS :lol

So really, besides the OKC series in which he was excellent but not magnificent by any means, against a group of unexperienced players may I add, the onus on Lebron is he couldn't perform consistently in the Finals? :lol

I get that Lebron is an a amazing talent who can score efficiently, but I don't think any of his stans can escape the fact that Lebron shoots the same percentage as Kobe in the biggest stage :lol

Michael Jordan.
11-17-2013, 11:02 AM
42 % FG in The Finals

Is there a guy much more disappointing than Lebron in the Finals? His averages has been less than stellar, in fact its downright embarassing for someone whose touted as Jordan's replacement :lol. In 4 Finals trips, he has shot a career 42% on the field. He dropped the ball against Dallas and wasn't even that much impressive in San Antonio until Ray Allen saved his career. I won't even go into details how shot 35% in a sweep against SAS :lol

So really, besides the OKC series in which he was excellent but not magnificent by any means, against a group of unexperienced players may I add, the onus on Lebron is he couldn't perform consistently in the Finals? :lol

I get that Lebron is an a amazing talent who can score efficiently, but I don't think any of his stans can escape the fact that Lebron shoots the same percentage as Kobe in the biggest stage :lol
Kobe. Who actually shot 40% in the finals and 30% twice on the biggest stage. LeBrons game 7s are much better than Kobe's.

DMC
11-17-2013, 12:10 PM
hopefully they dont hand him the mvp

they gave nash the 2nd one after posting up very good efficiency, but his numbers was down compared to the previous season, 2 wrongs dont make a right, no repeat plz

lebrons stats are down but his efficiency is up, i dont believe in the word coasting he has been using since last year and this year, if his coasting he must explain the losses in the playoffs last season and the game losses this season, coasting means too eary and automatic win

Nash was given the MVP for a couple of reasons:

1. The SSOL system heavily favored his style of play, meaning excellent on the offensive end, nothing on the defensive end. It won games.
2. The team suffered when he went down for a few games, sending the signal that he was the main cog in the system, a system that had the best record in the league.

DMC
11-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Its only 10 games. And any NBA player can shoot that % when the defender is standing 2 foot away from him to prevent him from driving. Once his physicals are gone he is gone. His fundamentals are not even good. taking three steps to layup all the time :lol

Why aren't more people doing it then? Did you really just say once an athlete's physical abilities are gone, he's no longer effective? How fucking wrecked are you upstairs clowns anyhow? Trying to drag the best in the league down so you don't feel as shitty about losing, that doesn't make sense. You'd think you'd want to say you lost to a juggernaut, one you almost beat, instead of saying you lost to a guy who isn't that good to begin with.

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm not a big fan of the guy, but I can't help but notice what he's been doing so far this season, tbh..

Through 10 games, his True Shooting is 70% :wow:wow..

He's currently shooting 62% from the field..the highest FG% for any player in NBA history on 15+ shots per game is 60.4% from Kareem and McHale..to make it even more laughable, neither of those niggas shot 3s, while King James is currently shooting 50% from 3 on over 3 attempts per game:lmao..

How long can he keep up the historic efficiency, tbh?..

Best player in the game and it's not even close ...but you lost me after I'm not a big fan ...and the slurping sounds ..

Those numbers are impressive , but just watch the games he is coasting for short stretches and still dominating. Without an injury to James no one is beating the Heat.

hyhy
11-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Why aren't more people doing it then? Did you really just say once an athlete's physical abilities are gone, he's no longer effective? How fucking wrecked are you upstairs clowns anyhow? Trying to drag the best in the league down so you don't feel as shitty about losing, that doesn't make sense. You'd think you'd want to say you lost to a juggernaut, one you almost beat, instead of saying you lost to a guy who isn't that good to begin with.

Didnt u read what I said? When you have the physicals of this size + refs not calling on your 3 steps layup, if a defender defends the normal way, its a free layup every time. Thats why they stand 2 feet away and just let him shoot instead. This has nth to do with whether we lost or not. Cant I just not be impressed with a player because I feel he has so much more potential than what he is showing? I am not buying into the hype that he is the best player. I believe he is the player with the best size at his position yes, but fundamentals and skills wise, no. And why i said that once his physicals are gone he is gone, is not a general athlete way. Its just saying that all he is reliant on is his physicals. Thats all.

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Lebron is machine.

What?! He already is ...but he can build a stronger case. He still needs at least 5 to be close to MJ. But I have said for 3 years he has An outside shot for GOAT

AaronY
11-17-2013, 12:49 PM
"Subtle.."

Captivus
11-17-2013, 01:05 PM
saying he could avg triple double and doing it is another

just ask magic and robertson who didnt walk the talk...they went out and did it, i think bird was also close to avg triple double

dont give me this shit he can do it but doesnt wanna bullshit, cause if said his going to go out there and do it and fails,people will jump on him every opportunity...

I hear you. The fact that you are bringing those names up, is whats interesting. Those are GOATs comparisons.

What?! He already is ...but he can build a stronger case. He still needs at least 5 to be close to MJ. But I have said for 3 years he has An outside shot for GOAT

I agree, although, at least 5 sounds like a lot. I would say 4, assuming he owns Jordan in rebounds and assists.

RsxPiimp
11-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Kobe. Who actually shot 40% in the finals and 30% twice on the biggest stage. LeBrons game 7s are much better than Kobe's.

I don't care much about Kobe, it is a proven fact that Kobe is also NOT a solid Finals performer. I honestly enjoy watching Kobe's style of play and I don't care much about his accolades and despite of what his die hard fans say, Kobe absolutely disappoints in the Finals minus one series against Orlando, but I'm not here to talk about his inefficiency. I'm here to discuss and hear from Lebron fans why his career 42% FG shooting in the NBA Finals is overlooked :lol

I hear all this MJ comparison talk which definitely shows the age of most posters here, but I would love to at least a solid rebuttal, no deflection and reasonable take what has Lebron done to merit so much praise when he's been a mediocre in the Finals throughout his career.

35%
41%
47%
44%

Would Jordan have had fewer points in a Finals series thus far than Danny Green? Could you imagine Jordan having a three-game stretch in the NBA Finals where he would shoot 7-for-30 from outside the paint, like James has in the first three games against the Spurs? Somehow, I don’t think so (Mind you, Lebron outdid himself shooting 30% twice in a single NBA Finals series) :lol

Think about this: In a season where Jordan’s Bulls reached the Finals, the lowest scoring average he had in those six post seasons was 30.7 points per game. These are just numbers that LeBron James cannot approach.

One could argue that NBA Finals games where a series is tied are the most important. And if that’s truly the case, Jordan’s numbers in those games over his career dwarf James’ stats:

Even Series Games FG % 3 FG % Points Reb Assists FTA Win %
Jordan 10 50.6 48.3 33.7 6 6.2 8 80
James 8 42.3 30.6 20.5 10.1 6.25 4.1 37.5

I know, Lebron stans will point that MJ had bad shooting nights and he certainly had those. But MJ never failed to show up. That Seattle series was his worst finals series IMO. It was a defensive struggle and he was matched up against one of the 3 or 4 greatest on the ball defenders of all time IMO and he still averaged 27 pts, 5 rbs and 4 asts on 42% shooting. LeBron on the other hand allowed himself to be taken out of games by the renowned defender Boris Diaw and Kawhi Leonard. Boris Diaw?? Do you realize that LeBron scored less than 20 pts as many times in the 2013 playoff run as MJ did in his entire 179 game playoff career? And the 5-19 was an outlier. For his playoff career he shot 49% while going for 33 pts 6 rbs and 6 asts. AVERAGED!! :lol

Clipper Nation
11-17-2013, 01:37 PM
I don't care much about Kobe
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DMC
11-17-2013, 01:59 PM
I don't care much about Kobe, it is a proven fact that Kobe is also NOT a solid Finals performer. I honestly enjoy watching Kobe's style of play and I don't care much about his accolades and despite of what his die hard fans say, Kobe absolutely disappoints in the Finals minus one series against Orlando, but I'm not here to talk about his inefficiency. I'm here to discuss and hear from Lebron fans why his career 42% FG shooting in the NBA Finals is overlooked :lol

I hear all this MJ comparison talk which definitely shows the age of most posters here, but I would love to at least a solid rebuttal, no deflection and reasonable take what has Lebron done to merit so much praise when he's been a mediocre in the Finals throughout his career.

35%
41%
47%
44%

Would Jordan have had fewer points in a Finals series thus far than Danny Green? Could you imagine Jordan having a three-game stretch in the NBA Finals where he would shoot 7-for-30 from outside the paint, like James has in the first three games against the Spurs? Somehow, I don’t think so (Mind you, Lebron outdid himself shooting 30% twice in a single NBA Finals series) :lol

Think about this: In a season where Jordan’s Bulls reached the Finals, the lowest scoring average he had in those six post seasons was 30.7 points per game. These are just numbers that LeBron James cannot approach.

One could argue that NBA Finals games where a series is tied are the most important. And if that’s truly the case, Jordan’s numbers in those games over his career dwarf James’ stats:

Even Series Games FG % 3 FG % Points Reb Assists FTA Win %
Jordan 10 50.6 48.3 33.7 6 6.2 8 80
James 8 42.3 30.6 20.5 10.1 6.25 4.1 37.5

I know, Lebron stans will point that MJ had bad shooting nights and he certainly had those. But MJ never failed to show up. That Seattle series was his worst finals series IMO. It was a defensive struggle and he was matched up against one of the 3 or 4 greatest on the ball defenders of all time IMO and he still averaged 27 pts, 5 rbs and 4 asts on 42% shooting. LeBron on the other hand allowed himself to be taken out of games by the renowned defender Boris Diaw and Kawhi Leonard. Boris Diaw?? Do you realize that LeBron scored less than 20 pts as many times in the 2013 playoff run as MJ did in his entire 179 game playoff career? And the 5-19 was an outlier. For his playoff career he shot 49% while going for 33 pts 6 rbs and 6 asts. AVERAGED!! :lol

I didn't read all that nonsense,

However, why does one superstar have to be exactly like another in order to be as good a player? That seems to be a general mental roadblock for many of you. Players have different strengths and weaknesses, and it's how they impact the game that matters, not how they match up stat for stat against another player. Only dipshit stat fags like you who know jack shit about the game drag all that worthless shit into a discussion. Each player, James and Jordan, led their respective teams to championships. We know what Mike did, and James is still going. Kobe is done, so that's your main issue here (and the issue of a few other shitty posters) to semen shield your fake ass hero and try to make him relevant by playing confirmation bias stat games.

The cock suckage here is at all time levels, dude, and that's due to being in the fucking grave in Lakers land. You zombies need to get a grip.

DMC
11-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Didnt u read what I said? When you have the physicals of this size + refs not calling on your 3 steps layup, if a defender defends the normal way, its a free layup every time. Thats why they stand 2 feet away and just let him shoot instead. This has nth to do with whether we lost or not. Cant I just not be impressed with a player because I feel he has so much more potential than what he is showing? I am not buying into the hype that he is the best player. I believe he is the player with the best size at his position yes, but fundamentals and skills wise, no. And why i said that once his physicals are gone he is gone, is not a general athlete way. Its just saying that all he is reliant on is his physicals. Thats all.

Blah blah blah refs
Blah blah blah physical

He's the best player. You don't have to buy into it.

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Why does a thread about how great Lebron is playing turn in to a Kobe thread? Lebron is great Kobe is great
. But they don't need to be compared constantly.

DPG21920
11-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Lebron is the best basketball player ever already IMO. No worse than top 3.

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Lebron is the best basketball player ever already IMO. No worse than top 3.

Wow DPG bold statement. I say you can't say he is the greatest yet. Top 5? Think you could argue he is already there or close. imany have Bird top 5 and I think james has passed him tbh

DPG21920
11-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Wow DPG bold statement. I say you can't say he is the greatest yet. Top 5? Think you could argue he is already there or close. imany have Bird top 5 and I think james has passed him tbh

To me, for everything he does, on both sides of the ball (despite trophy count) he is the best player ever. He is the most physically dominant, overall skilled and versatile player. He can win in any system because he can play every system. Plus, once you've won a couple titles/mvps the ring count thing becomes less important overall. I have no doubt in my mind that top 3 is the lowest you can put Lebron.

DMC
11-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Why does a thread about how great Lebron is playing turn in to a Kobe thread? Lebron is great Kobe is great
. But they don't need to be compared constantly.

Because the only reason many of you Lakers fans deny Lebron's place in the stack is because you still have unrequited love for Kobe. That's very obvious, Killakobe81.

Ever see those ESPN US Map polls? They ask "who's the best player in the game today" and the entire nation is red for (Lebron) except Oklahoma and LA, and we know why, and they are wrong.

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 02:46 PM
To me, for everything he does, on both sides of the ball (despite trophy count) he is the best player ever. He is the most physically dominant, overall skilled and versatile player. He can win in any system because he can play every system. Plus, once you've won a couple titles/mvps the ring count thing becomes less important overall. I have no doubt in my mind that top 3 is the lowest you can put Lebron.
I guess for me I'm talking about career not prime. I never saw wilt so I wouldn't put wilt over James...but prime wise kareem and mj for sure. Shaq in 2000 and hakeems back2back were comparable primes. Career wise I still give magic a slight edge but if James stays healthy he may only trail Jordan. But if he is great as you easy and I think in a league with no one close to him as a rival and with a hof teammate just past his own prime lebron has to get at least 5 to be goat. 5 plus the stats and accolades may give Lebron the edge. Rings still matter.

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Because the only reason many of you Lakers fans deny Lebron's place in the stack is because you still have unrequited love for Kobe. That's very obvious, Killakobe81.

Ever see those ESPN US Map polls? They ask "who's the best player in the game today" and the entire nation is red for (Lebron) except Oklahoma and LA, and we know why, and they are wrong.

But what am I denying? I called Lebron borderline top 5 definitely goat SF and better than Bird. Not only today, but two years running. He had only to ring before I gave him full credit. I bet the times I have said he has an outside shot at goat is probably in the 20s ...again that aint me ...its like me comparing you to the homers upstairs. I enjoy Kobe i am a fan, but his prime is long past. Not a Lebrton fan but I appreciate his greatness.

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 02:55 PM
And don't get why folks have to be so extreme. Kobe has a beautiful game and lebron a more efficient and dominant one.
Either way hh post was about James not Kobe.

Clipper Nation
11-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Kobe has a beautiful game
Maybe to you, but selfish chucking certainly isn't a "beautiful" game to me, tbh....

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Maybe to you, but selfish chucking certainly isn't a "beautiful" game to me, tbh....

Shot selection is shaky. But speaking of form, foot work and fundamentals. Do not be dense. Again let's refocus on James being a potential GOAT Kobe tried but fell short. James still has a real shot.

DPG21920
11-17-2013, 03:03 PM
5 rings is such a random number? How on Earth do people arrive at these ring counts? Once you win multiple, it becomes less important IMO. Especially when you have multiple MVP's and are in rare company with multiple MVP's/Finals MVP's in the same season.

DMC
11-17-2013, 03:04 PM
And don't get why folks have to be so extreme. Kobe has a beautiful game and lebron a more efficient and dominant one.
Either way hh post was about James not Kobe.

Just for clarity, where do you rank Kobe?

Clipper Nation
11-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Shot selection is shaky. But speaking of form, foot work and fundamentals.
Shot selection is arguably the most important fundamental of all, imho.... you can have all the footwork in the world but if you play selfish basketball, ignore your teammates and chuck up bad shots, it doesn't mean much, tbh....

ambchang
11-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Lebron will never be goat. Too much failure for him to ever surpass either MJs

CitizenDwayne
11-17-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm not a big fan of the guy

Arcadian
11-17-2013, 03:50 PM

You're not accounting for the fact that centers are more valuable than guards/forwards. I will always take Wilt/Kareem/Hakeem/Russell/Duncan/Shaq over any small forward regardless of how good he is, simply because centers are more valuable.

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Just for clarity, where do you rank Kobe?

2nd greatest SG ... Top 3 Laker ...

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Shot selection is arguably the most important fundamental of all, imho.... you can have all the footwork in the world but if you play selfish basketball, ignore your teammates and chuck up bad shots, it doesn't mean much, tbh....

Its a flaw but 5 rings speaks volumes.

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 04:20 PM
5 rings is such a random number? How on Earth do people arrive at these ring counts? Once you win multiple, it becomes less important IMO. Especially when you have multiple MVP's and are in rare company with multiple MVP's/Finals MVP's in the same season.

Its not random kareem has 6 mj has 6 ...lebron has to get close 5 is ass close to 6 you can get ...he gets that close then maybe the other stuff will matter. MVP and finas mvp is spurlasnd bullshit. Because Malone/media robbed MJ or David beat Hakeem for regular season mvp does it change how great those championship seasons were? Especially when we watched dream shit on Robinson and MJ on Malone when it mattered most ...getting rings?!

DMC
11-17-2013, 04:23 PM
2nd greatest SG ... Top 3 Laker ...

Way to dodge the question. Where does he rank all time in the NBA?

DMC
11-17-2013, 04:25 PM
You're not accounting for the fact that centers are more valuable than guards/forwards. I will always take Wilt/Kareem/Hakeem/Russell/Duncan/Shaq over any small forward regardless of how good he is, simply because centers are more valuable.

That depends on what system you run. Some farm implements are more valuable than an Audi. Doesn't make it a better vehicle.

DPG21920
11-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Its not random kareem has 6 mj has 6 ...lebron has to get close 5 is ass close to 6 you can get ...he gets that close then maybe the other stuff will matter. MVP and finas mvp is spurlasnd bullshit. Because Malone/media robbed MJ or David beat Hakeem for regular season mvp does it change how great those championship seasons were? Especially when we watched dream shit on Robinson and MJ on Malone when it mattered most ...getting rings?!

It is random. That's my point. People just do what they want with the rings. So now 4 rings isn't good enough, but 5 is? How on Earth do you arrive to that conclusion? Why would he not have to tie the 6 rings? Or beat them? Why is one short of 6 the magical number? Its arbitrary.

MVP's/Finals MVPs is not arbitrary "spurs fans stuff". They matter. Like rings, they are a part of the equation.

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Way to dodge the question. Where does he rank all time in the NBA?

Dude I have said that shit plenty on here. Haven't adjusted mine to account for Lebron. But nothing to hide I have him slightly ahead of Duncan however Tim is my Goat pf and makes my all time starting 5. Kobe is top 10 out of guys I have seen play ...borderline top 5 but I don't factor wilt oscar or Russell who ni never saw ..,otherwise he is lower.

DMC
11-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Dude I have said that shit plenty on here. Haven't adjusted mine to account for Lebron. But nothing to hide I have him slightly ahead of Duncan however Tim is my Goat pf and makes my all time starting 5. Kobe is top 10 out of guys I have seen play ...borderline top 5 but I don't factor wilt oscar or Russell who ni never saw ..,otherwise he is lower.

So you put Lebron borderline top 5 and Kobe borderline top 5. That's all I needed to know.

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 04:34 PM
It is random. That's my point. People just do what they want with the rings. So now 4 rings isn't good enough, but 5 is? How on Earth do you arrive to that conclusion? Why would he not have to tie the 6 rings? Or beat them? Why is one short of 6 the magical number? Its arbitrary.

MVP's/Finals MVPs is not arbitrary "spurs fans stuff". They matter. Like rings, they are a part of the equation.
I think like amb said it will still be Mj even at 5 I just said he would need at least 5 to make that case. For me it would take 6. Bases on what I have seen and the points you made I would give it to him at 6 finals failure s and all ...but for most mj supporters he would need 7 and they would find some other reason like impact on the game ...or lack of competition.
h

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 04:35 PM
So you put Lebron borderline top 5 and Kobe borderline top 5. That's all I needed to know.

Yep. But Lebron still has goat potential Kobe does not ...

DMC
11-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Yep. But Lebron still has goat potential Kobe does not ...

Only a Lakers fan would put Kobe and Lebron at the same level.

RsxPiimp
11-17-2013, 06:02 PM
I didn't read all that nonsense,

However, why does one superstar have to be exactly like another in order to be as good a player? That seems to be a general mental roadblock for many of you. Players have different strengths and weaknesses, and it's how they impact the game that matters, not how they match up stat for stat against another player. Only dipshit stat fags like you who know jack shit about the game drag all that worthless shit into a discussion. Each player, James and Jordan, led their respective teams to championships. We know what Mike did, and James is still going. Kobe is done, so that's your main issue here (and the issue of a few other shitty posters) to semen shield your fake ass hero and try to make him relevant by playing confirmation bias stat games.

The cock suckage here is at all time levels, dude, and that's due to being in the fucking grave in Lakers land. You zombies need to get a grip.

Of course you read all that, you decided you can't come up with a decent rebuttal so in the end you decided to pretend you didn't read the very same facts you use (numbers, PER, efficiency) that makes a player a cut above the rest.

DMC
11-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Of course you read all that, you decided you can't come up with a decent rebuttal so in the end you decided to pretend you didn't read the very same facts you use (numbers, PER, efficiency) that makes a player a cut above the rest.

What your stats don't take into account, you neophyte fuck, is that Shaq commanded a double and triple team for most of his tenure with the Lakers, allowing Kobe free access to open shots and drives to the paint. No one in Miami demands a double team except Lebron. So where Kobe was benefiting from Shaq's dominance, Lebron is the dominant one and still manages to get numbers, just like Shaq did.

Killakobe81
11-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Only a Lakers fan would put Kobe and Lebron at the same level.

LeBron is how many years behind Kobe? Fact that he is already considered as good or better than Kobe and in goat convo is amazing. You don't like Kobe. We get it. I have no issues with James.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-17-2013, 07:02 PM
What your stats don't take into account, you neophyte fuck, is that Shaq commanded a double and triple team for most of his tenure with the Lakers, allowing Kobe free access to open shots and drives to the paint. No one in Miami demands a double team except Lebron. So where Kobe was benefiting from Shaq's dominance, Lebron is the dominant one and still manages to get numbers, just like Shaq did.

DMC is fucking retarded and a joke to this forum

BRO STOP POSTING AND LEAVE LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD YOU STUPID FUCK! :lmao

HarlemHeat37
11-17-2013, 07:11 PM
How did Kobe's name enter this discussion, tbh?:lol..we're discussing the best player in the league and his attempt to make efficiency history, not a currently irrelevant player that is coming off a season where he was the leader of arguably the most disappointing team in the history of the NBA..relax..

whitemamba
11-17-2013, 09:02 PM

how many game 7s has lebron been in and how many has kobe been in?

LkrFan
11-17-2013, 09:10 PM
There's two sides to that coin old chap. Kobe was no slouch during the 3-peat. :nope

DMC
11-17-2013, 09:24 PM
LeBron is how many years behind Kobe? Fact that he is already considered as good or better than Kobe and in goat convo is amazing. You don't like Kobe. We get it. I have no issues with James.

We? lol

Chill bro, your homerism and attempt to disguise it is duly noted.

DMC
11-17-2013, 09:25 PM
There's two sides to that coin old chap. Kobe was no slouch during the 3-peat. :nope

Of course, butter bar, what you didn't obviously get because you haven't asked a 1st shirt yet is that Kobe was free to roam while Shaq commanded double and triple coverage. Did that fly over your head like the last promotion, like the real officers out there jet jockeying?

LkrFan
11-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Of course, butter bar, what you didn't obviously get because you haven't asked a 1st shirt yet is that Kobe was free to roam while Shaq commanded double and triple coverage. Did that fly over your head like the last promotion, like the real officers out there jet jockeying?

:lmao

Their games were symbiotic. Luckily for Laker haters like yourself, Shaq's jealousy prevailed, and Kobe had to evict him, breaking up the greatest 1-2 punch in NBA history. Remember, you guys didn't do anything special to deal with Shaq. An aging Admiral, Kevin Willis, Oberto, etc. comes to mind. But for Kobe, you guys went out and got the premiere perimeter defender in the NBA: Bruce Lee Bowen. If Kobe is so beta, explain why no such provisions were made for the most dominant bigman this side of Wilt? ;)

DMC
11-18-2013, 01:06 AM
:lmao

Their games were symbiotic. Luckily for Laker haters like yourself, Shaq's jealousy prevailed, and Kobe had to evict him, breaking up the greatest 1-2 punch in NBA history. Remember, you guys didn't do anything special to deal with Shaq. An aging Admiral, Kevin Willis, Oberto, etc. comes to mind. But for Kobe, you guys went out and got the premiere perimeter defender in the NBA: Bruce Lee Bowen. If Kobe is so beta, explain why no such provisions were made for the most dominant bigman this side of Wilt? ;)

2000 NBA Finals

Shaq- 38 PPG, 17 RPG, 2.5 APG, 2.7 BPG, 61% FG 96/157----6 games
Kobe-16 PPG, 5 RPG, 4 APG, 1.4 BPG, 36% FG%, 33/90----5 games

2001 NBA Finals

Shaq- 33 PPG, 16 RPG, 5 APG, 3.5 BPG, 63/110 57% FG-----5 games
Kobe- 24 PPG, 8 RPG, 6 APG, 1.4 BPG, 44/106 41% FG------5 games

2002 NBA Finals

Shaq- 37 PPG, 12.25 RPG, 4 APG, 2.75 BPG, 50/84 60% FG----4 games
Kobe-26 PPG, 5.75 RPG, 5 APG, .75 BPG, 36/70 51% FG-------4 games

Total average stats for 3 championships (15 games)=

Shaq=36 PPG, 15.4 RPG, 3.7 APG, 3 BPG, 209/351 60% FG, Double coverage
Kobe=20 PPG, 6 RPG, 4.6 APG, 1 BPG, 113/266 42% FG, Single coverage

2004 NBA finals 5 games loss
Shaq= 27 PPG, 11 RPG, 2 APG, .6 BPG, 53/84 63% FG
Kobe=23 PPG, 3 RPG, 4 APG, .6 BPG, 43/113 38% FG

hyhy
11-18-2013, 01:17 AM
Never the best player until he stops travelling every time he layups

HI-FI
11-18-2013, 01:28 AM
2000 NBA Finals

2001 NBA Finals

2002 NBA Finals

good shit.

LkrFan and other Kobetards will always throw Shaq and MVPau under the bus. Why I don't know. I think they coveted MJ for so long, getting a much shittier, rapist version of MJ blinded them from the real MVPs of their teams.

PlayNando
11-18-2013, 01:38 AM
LeBron has really stepped up the PED abuse in the last few years, tbh. Makes sense why he's doing better. Larger jaw + receding hairline = better stats.

LkrFan
11-18-2013, 02:28 AM
2000 NBA Finals

2001 NBA Finals

2002 NBA Finals

Great Shaq stats. It still doesn't answer my question though. Why didn't the Sp*rs make provisions to deal with him? They guarded him as a center by committee to let him get his. If need be, Pop would throw Tammy on him in a close game in the 4th.

I'm PO'd with Shaq for the above numbers you posted because he should have been able to sustain them for much longer than his fatass did. Instead he never reached his full (GOAT) potential. That's how he, like Tammy, ended up on the short end of the 5>4 schtick. :downspin:

LkrFan
11-18-2013, 02:31 AM
good shit.

LkrFan and other Kobetards will always throw Shaq and MVPau under the bus. Why I don't know. I think they coveted MJ for so long, getting a much shittier, rapist version of MJ blinded them from the real MVPs of their teams.

He never reached his (GOAT) potential. He pissed it away. Then he threw Dr. Buss, the Lakers org, Laker fans, and especially Kobe under the bus because of his eviction. He never would have been evicted in the first place if he were professional. He'd have at least 7 rings if he would have spent more time in 24-Hour Fitness instead of Krispy Kreme donut shops that were open 24-hours/day. Fuck Shaq.

HI-FI
11-18-2013, 02:36 AM
He never reached his (GOAT) potential. He pissed it away. Then he threw Dr. Buss, the Lakers org, Laker fans, and especially Kobe under the bus because of his eviction. He never would have been evicted in the first place if he were professional. He'd have at least 7 rings if he would have spent more time in 24-Hour Fitness instead of Krispy Kreme donut shops that were open 24-hours/day. Fuck Shaq.

The Ingratitude!

LkrFan
11-18-2013, 02:51 AM
The Ingratitude!

N:lolt even. Fuck Duncan, as long as Shaq retired behind Kobe in rang totals, it's all good. Shaq threw Kobe under the bus, then backed the bus up, then ran him over again when it was not unecessary. They could have done so much more if Shaq were professional. Say what you want about Kobe, but he never leaves his clip empty. If he is going down, he's going down shooting. He always left it all on the floor. The same cannot be said about Shaq.

I found it funny how all of a sudden he found motivation in South Beach. Shaq 4, Kobe 3. Kobe lost to Boston in '08. Shaq: Kobe, how my ass taste? Then Kobe went b2b without his fatass. He did it with MVPaussy. Shaq then went to Nash's team. Then he went to LBJ's team. Then he went to the fucken Celtics to join PP, KG and RA. All in a futile effort to tie Kobe in rangs. He failed each time. He's forever on the tail in of 5>4. If Kobe never wins another ring, he can retire a happy man. Kobe will be vindicated. Shaq says the 5>4 schtick doesn't bother him - saying some bullshit about he would be more hurt if Duncan won more - he's lying through his mumbling ass teeth. It bothers him to no end. Notice how he doesn't talk shit on Kobe no mo? I've noticed. Just like Kobe, Laker fans like myself feel vindicated that Dr. Buss made the right choice between the two.

Pecking order:
Kobe - 5
Shaq - 4
Duncan - 4
Wade - 3
LBJ - 2
_irk - 1

You gotta Neal with that shit son. And to think you guys were 28.2 seconds away from re-writing history has gots to stang. :lol

HI-FI
11-18-2013, 03:02 AM
N:lolt even. Fuck Duncan, as long as Shaq retired behind Kobe in rang totals, it's all good. Shaq threw Kobe under the bus, then backed the bus up, then ran him over again when it was not unecessary. They could have done so much more if Shaq were professional. Say what you want about Kobe, but he never leaves his clip empty. If he is going down, he's going down shooting. He always left it all on the floor. The same cannot be said about Shaq.

I found it funny how all of a sudden he found motivation in South Beach. Shaq 4, Kobe 3. Kobe lost to Boston in '08. Shaq: Kobe, how my ass taste? Then Kobe went b2b without his fatass. He did it with MVPaussy. Shaq then went to Nash's team. Then he went to LBJ's team. Then he went to the fucken Celtics to join PP, KG and RA. All in a futile effort to tie Kobe in rangs. He failed each time. He's forever on the tail in of 5>4. If Kobe never wins another ring, he can retire a happy man. Kobe will be vindicated. Shaq says the 5>4 schtick doesn't bother him - saying some bullshit about he would be more hurt if Duncan won more - he's lying through his mumbling ass teeth. It bothers him to no end. Notice how he doesn't talk shit on Kobe no mo? I've noticed. Just like Kobe, Laker fans like myself feel vindicated that Dr. Buss made the right choice between the two.

Pecking order:
Kobe - 5
Shaq - 4
Duncan - 4
Wade - 3
LBJ - 2
_irk - 1

You gotta Neal with that shit son. And to think you guys were 28.2 seconds away from re-writing history has gots to stang. :lol
:lol at your "name on the front, not name on the back" phony routine. if anything, son you gotta learn to quit The Ingratitude!. You might as well start putting Robert Horry above the Cancer in that case, since Kobe's 5 doesn't belong in the same breadth as what Shaq and Duncan did. Shit Dirk's 1 ring was more impressive than I've ever seen out of Kobe, real talk.

You also sound salty as shit son. I told you to lay off those chimichangas, fuck up your blood pressure. I know you in Japan, try out some sushi and shit, quit eating food from your pueblo son.

btw, we might still make history son. Hate to see the saltiness from you if we do ring again.

Mikeanaro
11-18-2013, 03:09 AM
LeBron has really stepped up the PED abuse in the last few years, tbh. Makes sense why he's doing better. Larger jaw + receding hairline = better stats.

Yeah, same with DWhore, sometimes he has ripped muscular arms and a week later baby arms

ezau
11-18-2013, 04:35 AM
Shot selection is shaky. But speaking of form, foot work and fundamentals. Do not be dense. Again let's refocus on James being a potential GOAT Kobe tried but fell short. James still has a real shot.

It's a sad day for Laker fans to see Lebron finally and convincingly overtake Kobe in overall rankings:lol First, Laker fans had Magic as the GOAT until MJ happened. Then, Laker fans were banking on Kirby to overtake MJ, then Lebron happened:lol

LkrFan
11-18-2013, 04:46 AM
:lol at your "name on the front, not name on the back" phony routine. if anything, son you gotta learn to quit The Ingratitude!. You might as well start putting Robert Horry above the Cancer in that case, since Kobe's 5 doesn't belong in the same breadth as what Shaq and Duncan did. Shit Dirk's 1 ring was more impressive than I've ever seen out of Kobe, real talk.

You also sound salty as shit son. I told you to lay off those chimichangas, fuck up your blood pressure. I know you in Japan, try out some sushi and shit, quit eating food from your pueblo son.

btw, we might still make history son. Hate to see the saltiness from you if we do ring again.

:lol - that was funny - classh:lolle

I'll always be salty about Shaq. He left so much on the table that it ain't even funny. Hate seeing talent wasted and potential go unrealized.

ezau
11-18-2013, 05:19 AM
:lol - that was funny - classh:lolle

I'll always be salty about Shaq. He left so much on the table that it ain't even funny. Hate seeing talent wasted and potential go unrealized.

Thought you guys were 'happy' when Shaq left:lol

LkrFan
11-18-2013, 05:39 AM
Thought you guys were 'happy' when Shaq left:lol
For the record, I was happy he left. I was just pissed that inconsistent ass Odumb was the centerpiece of what we got in return for him. We should have gotten more. Then Odumb didn't amount to shit until Pau showed up.

Never denied my disdain for Shaq. We were supposed to win more than we did. Shaq's jealousy fucked it up. Imagine how you'd feel as a fan if Duncan pulled the same shit Shaq did. That's all I'm saying.

TDMVPDPOY
11-18-2013, 06:03 AM
why is lebron held to a different standard when compared to jordan but kome has lower standards to meet jordan?

so does this mean lebron has already exceeded kobe and is equal or greater then jordan?

kobefags love to play the hgh game, going balls deep into white ladies is like some superstitious shit niggas love to rejuvenate themselves is just the same as hgh

dfens
11-18-2013, 06:27 AM
LMAO bringing the lakers into this :lol We gonna get wiggins so be allright.
y'all mad the heat is just going up tbh. 3-peat and finals repeat coming. stay mad.

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/oh-man.jpg

koriwhat
11-18-2013, 06:56 AM
Again let's refocus on James being a potential GOAT... James still has a real shot.

you want to know why he never will be? stats aside, he plays in a water downed league. jordan played with the big boys and if you weren't around in those days to see what he had to go up against, youtube him! just like dirk being able to throw 'bows and get sent to the stripe, he'll never be anything more than a god damn ryan anderson with the refs in his pocket (bold statement but you get the point).

koriwhat
11-18-2013, 06:58 AM
For the record, I was happy he left. I was just pissed that inconsistent ass Odumb was the centerpiece of what we got in return for him. We should have gotten more. Then Odumb didn't amount to shit until Pau showed up.

Never denied my disdain for Shaq. We were supposed to win more than we did. Shaq's jealousy fucked it up. Imagine how you'd feel as a fan if Duncan pulled the same shit Shaq did. That's all I'm saying.

imagine if people actually wanted to play side by side with kobe.

Seefourdc
11-18-2013, 08:02 AM

Pecking order:
Kobe - 5
Shaq - 4
Duncan - 4
Wade - 3
LBJ - 2
_irk - 1

So does that mean it also goes
Robert Horry 7
Michael Jordan 6

Idiot.

DMC
11-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Great Shaq stats. It still doesn't answer my question though. Why didn't the Sp*rs make provisions to deal with him? They guarded him as a center by committee to let him get his. If need be, Pop would throw Tammy on him in a close game in the 4th.

I'm PO'd with Shaq for the above numbers you posted because he should have been able to sustain them for much longer than his fatass did. Instead he never reached his full (GOAT) potential. That's how he, like Tammy, ended up on the short end of the 5>4 schtick. :downspin:

There were no "Shaq" provisions other than fouling him. You double teamed him, that's all you could do. It's not like you could bring in a Shaq stopper, he was playing for the Lakers already.

Teams who Shaq destroyed in the Finals, why didn't they make provisions for Shaq? Someone who averages 36 points a game, 17 rebounds or so... you have to make provisions for that. Them's Jordan points numbers, Better than Hakeem rebound numbers.

Michael Jordan Finals Career Average:

YEAR
Opponent
G
MPG
FG%
3P%
FT%
ORB
DRB
RPG
APG
SPG
BPG
TO
PF
PPG

1990-91
Lakers

1991-92
Trail Blazers

1992-93
Suns

1995-96
Supersonics

1996-97
Jazz

1997-98
Jazz

Finals

Hakeem's Finals stats: 32.8 PPG, 11.5 RPG, 5.5 APG, 2.0 SPG, 2.0 BPG

1990-1991, that was just sick. The only way we ever see that again is if Lebron does it, and he has the ability. He just has teammates that can also score the ball.

So you tell me, what provisions could anyone "bring in" to deal with that? We had the 1st overall pick in Duncan, and he play Shaq very tough, but in those years during the 3peat, no one could touch Shaq.

DMC
11-18-2013, 09:29 AM
why is lebron held to a different standard when compared to jordan but kome has lower standards to meet jordan?

so does this mean lebron has already exceeded kobe and is equal or greater then jordan?

kobefags love to play the hgh game, going balls deep into white ladies is like some superstitious shit niggas love to rejuvenate themselves is just the same as hgh

Lebron led his team to the Finals 4 times and won 2 of those. Kobe arguably led his team three times and won two of those. There's so disagreement about his role, but just for arguments sake it's 3 Finals appearances for Kobe, 4 for Lebron. 2 rings, 2 Finals MVPs, but 4>1 for season MVP in favor of Lebron.

If Lebron goes back this year, it will be the first time in a while that a team made 4 consecutive Finals appearances. The Lakers almost did it but missed 2003. Had they not missed that and had Kobe not tied the team up in his rape trial fiasco, and had Kobe passed the ball during the Finals, the Lakers could have had a 5peat.

Killakobe81
11-18-2013, 09:36 AM
How did Kobe's name enter this discussion, tbh?:lol..we're discussing the best player in the league and his attempt to make efficiency history, not a currently irrelevant player that is coming off a season where he was the leader of arguably the most disappointing team in the history of the NBA..relax..

this I agree with whole-heartedly except the most disappointing team part,which is an exaggeration. The 2004 Lakers were worse considering Shaqobe was in their prime and they added Malone and GP who are a greater combo even at their advanced age than Nash/Pau ...

Lebron has been amazing and yet few are making a huge deal tbh ... and if season ended today and he did NOT get MVP it would be a travesty on par with Malone over MJ, David over Hakeem and Nash winning back2back over Lebron/kobe.

m>s
11-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Pretty subtle and ever for a n!gger

Killakobe81
11-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Lebron led his team to the Finals 4 times and won 2 of those. Kobe arguably led his team three times and won two of those. There's so disagreement about his role, but just for arguments sake it's 3 Finals appearances for Kobe, 4 for Lebron. 2 rings, 2 Finals MVPs, but 4>1 for season MVP in favor of Lebron.

If Lebron goes back this year, it will be the first time in a while that a team made 4 consecutive Finals appearances. The Lakers almost did it but missed 2003. Had they not missed that and had Kobe not tied the team up in his rape trial fiasco, and had Kobe passed the ball during the Finals, the Lakers could have had a 5peat.

Kobe was a major part of that ... Colorado, shaq feud but Shaq was big part of that as well.
And assuming Lakers 5peat is a as dense as saying MJ 8 peats if he doesnt retire for baseball. So disrespectful to Rox and Spurs who I think still win at least one of those titles stoping MJ's 8 peat or Shaqobe 5 peat ...

TDMVPDPOY
11-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Kobe was a major part of that ... Colorado, shaq feud but Shaq was big part of that as well.
And assuming Lakers 5peat is a as dense as saying MJ 8 peats if he doesnt retire for baseball. So disrespectful to Rox and Spurs who I think still win at least one of those titles stoping MJ's 8 peat or Shaqobe 5 peat ...

saying the lakers couldve 5 peat...is like saying the spurs couldve 5 peat also....

DMC
11-18-2013, 06:34 PM

Pretty sure Shaq had nothing to do with Colorado. Kobe took too goddamn many shots, as made evident by the stats I posted. You have guy who's unstoppable in the paint and you chuck up long range jumpers and deny him the ball. That's what Shaq was pissed about, Kobe's glory hounding cost him a ring.

DMC
11-18-2013, 06:35 PM
saying the lakers couldve 5 peat...is like saying the spurs couldve 5 peat also....

You have to 2peat first. Lakers 3peated, and one Finals miss and they were right back in the Finals.

DMC
11-18-2013, 06:40 PM
this I agree with whole-heartedly except the most disappointing team part,which is an exaggeration. The 2004 Lakers were worse considering Shaqobe was in their prime and they added Malone and GP who are a greater combo even at their advanced age than Nash/Pau ...

Lebron has been amazing and yet few are making a huge deal tbh ... and if season ended today and he did NOT get MVP it would be a travesty on par with Malone over MJ, David over Hakeem and Nash winning back2back over Lebron/kobe.

Eh..no. They made the Finals that year. You cannot call that "the most disappointing year" when your totally staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked team struggled to make the playoffs and got swept in the 1st round by the oldest, tiredest shit birds in the league.

DMC
11-18-2013, 06:41 PM
DMC is fucking retarded and a joke to this forum

BRO STOP POSTING AND LEAVE LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD YOU STUPID FUCK! :lmao

Made him bring out the all caps.

ezau
11-18-2013, 08:42 PM

Kobe wanted to be alpha, Shaq gave the keys to him and look at what happened: 4-1 drubbing by the Pistons in 04. Let's stop this revisionist bullshit and call a spade a spade: Shaquille O'Neal was the best player of the threepeat Lakers, not Kobe.

Rogue
11-19-2013, 12:12 AM
How long can Lebron keep this "up"? you mean his hairline?

Killakobe81
11-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Eh..no. They made the Finals that year. You cannot call that "the most disappointing year" when your totally staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked team struggled to make the playoffs and got swept in the 1st round by the oldest, tiredest shit birds in the league.

Eh I don't give a shit what you think on this im the Laker fan you are not..besides I'm speaking what was most disappointing to me.

DMC
11-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Eh I don't give a shit what you think on this im the Laker fan you are not..besides I'm speaking what was most disappointing to me.

Well no, you said it's an exaggeration that last season's team was the most disappointing ever then gave the 2004 team. Now you're saying that, because you personally were more disappointed in 2004, that means anyone else who calls last season the most disappointing Lakers season ever, maybe in all of sports history, is exaggerating. So then the term "disappointing" universally means when YOU were disappointed, not when the team most failed to meet high expectations?

I learned something new today.

DMC
11-19-2013, 09:00 AM
ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/page/5-on-5-Lakers-130429/nba-playoffs-2013-breaking-lakers-end) hosted a round table discussion after LA was eliminated, and asked the panelists whether this was the most disappointing team ever.

Chris Palmer: I honestly can't think of a more disappointing team. The expectations were so high, and they failed to meet them on every front. But it's as much about how poorly they handled the failure as the failure itself. The organization simply got nothing right this season.
Darius Soriano: In terms of results versus expectations, this Lakers' team may be the most disappointing team ever. Of course injuries, the coaching change and the passing of their owner played a part in why things went wrong and must be part of the post-mortem. But if judging their performance in a vacuum, it's hard to think of a more disappointing group.
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/000/900/141/hi-res-167232358_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=433&q=85

I agree—this was, without question, the single most disappointing season of all-time. The Lakers were supposed to win a title, or at least contend, and barely made it to the first round.
Next season could be just as bad, but without the title predictions. Howard is exploring free agency and has shown no indication that he’ll be back in purple and gold next season. Bryant is out indefinitely with that Achilles injury. Nash is another year older and Gasol isn't happy in LA. Who will D’Antoni turn to next season?
It could get ugly in 2014, but how much worse can it get? After all, it’s hard to disappoint when you're following the greatest single-season flop in the history of the NBA.

Killakobe81
11-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Well no, you said it's an exaggeration that last season's team was the most disappointing ever then gave the 2004 team. Now you're saying that, because you personally were more disappointed in 2004, that means anyone else who calls last season the most disappointing Lakers season ever, maybe in all of sports history, is exaggerating. So then the term "disappointing" universally means when YOU were disappointed, not when the team most failed to meet high expectations?

I learned something new today.

All of what posted on here is opinion, unless you are posting stats, ring counts or some other number. You saying the 2013 Lakers is the most disappointing team or even more disappointing...how is that factual and not an opinion?! Please enlighten me with your infinite wisdom ...

I do believe that saying last years team was the most disappointing is an exaggeration because even as a Laker fan, I never thought last year's team was a title contender ...and said so all last year. look it up. in fact, I said WCF was the likely ceiling 2nd round loss most likely. You can ask HH, El or DPG if you are to lazy to look it up. I did believe that the 2004 squad could of won it all even AFTER Colorado ...but not after the Shaqobe feud resurfaced. That was a disappointment because despite it all they still made it to the Finals ... but every game was a chore with all the media controversy surrounding their feud, and Phil, Kobe and Shaq all having uncertain futures. That was a HORRIBLE way to go in to a year with title aspirations.

But in L.A. the Matrix reloaded shirts were selling like hot-cakes. I bought that hype in 2004 because Shaq/Kobe were in their prime. LAst year Kobe, Dwight and Nash were all damaged goods tbh ...plus Mike is no Phil ...only naive fans thought that was a title team. Did I think they would be a 7 seed? No. that is disappointing. but what they finish a round below what was expected?

If you and the others here were foolish enough to buy the hype that ESPN, SI were giving last year's Lakers shame on you. And maybe you also bought in to this year's Nets or the Rox as legit contenders too

Killakobe81
11-20-2013, 09:29 PM
ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/page/5-on-5-Lakers-130429/nba-playoffs-2013-breaking-lakers-end) hosted a round table discussion after LA was eliminated, and asked the panelists whether this was the most disappointing team ever.

Chris Palmer: I honestly can't think of a more disappointing team. The expectations were so high, and they failed to meet them on every front. But it's as much about how poorly they handled the failure as the failure itself. The organization simply got nothing right this season.
Darius Soriano: In terms of results versus expectations, this Lakers' team may be the most disappointing team ever. Of course injuries, the coaching change and the passing of their owner played a part in why things went wrong and must be part of the post-mortem. But if judging their performance in a vacuum, it's hard to think of a more disappointing group.
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/000/900/141/hi-res-167232358_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=433&q=85

I agree—this was, without question, the single most disappointing season of all-time. The Lakers were supposed to win a title, or at least contend, and barely made it to the first round.
Next season could be just as bad, but without the title predictions. Howard is exploring free agency and has shown no indication that he’ll be back in purple and gold next season. Bryant is out indefinitely with that Achilles injury. Nash is another year older and Gasol isn't happy in LA. Who will D’Antoni turn to next season?
It could get ugly in 2014, but how much worse can it get? After all, it’s hard to disappoint when you're following the greatest single-season flop in the history of the NBA.

Still an opinion, so what does that prove? Same as someone arguing what hurt was more disappointing 8, 6 or .4 ... 6 seems like the obvious answer but some Spur fans say they did not even expect a title ...so it didn't hurt as much as other losses. Again that is based on opinion and personal feelings no way to prove that ...

DMC
11-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Still an opinion, so what does that prove? Same as someone arguing what hurt was more disappointing 8, 6 or .4 ... 6 seems like the obvious answer but some Spur fans say they did not even expect a title ...so it didn't hurt as much as other losses. Again that is based on opinion and personal feelings no way to prove that ...

You say "opinion" then "prove".

Those two terms are in conflict. What can be determined is consensus, and consensus is that it was the most disappointing season of all time, probably for any team in the history of sports dating back to even before the early Olympians and the gladiators.

Killakobe81
11-21-2013, 07:11 AM
You say "opinion" then "prove".

Those two terms are in conflict. What can be determined is consensus, and consensus is that it was the most disappointing season of all time, probably for any team in the history of sports dating back to even before the early Olympians and the gladiators.

That was my point can't be proven. And how can you really be a disappointment to someone who does not even root for a team ...honest question? For example nets are performing below expectations but am I disappointed in them? I thought they were a potential 4 seed ... Right now they out of playoffs ...but to Brooklyn a disappointment. For me just a wrong prognostication ...

Lol Gladiators ... I'm done. You just trolling I gave my thoughts you have yours

Killakobe81
11-21-2013, 07:19 AM
Oh one last thought how can a season when one of your best players gets charged with rape, not be the mist disappointing? Sure they went further ...and charges were dropped but he tainted his rep, the Lakers brand strained his marriage and added fuel to the fued by snitching (allegedly) on Shaq. It was the drama that bugged me it sucked the joy out of the season even when they won ...

DMC
11-21-2013, 05:39 PM
That was my point can't be proven. And how can you really be a disappointment to someone who does not even root for a team ...honest question? For example nets are performing below expectations but am I disappointed in them? I thought they were a potential 4 seed ... Right now they out of playoffs ...but to Brooklyn a disappointment. For me just a wrong prognostication ...

Lol Gladiators ... I'm done. You just trolling I gave my thoughts you have yours

lol

Kool Bob Love
06-20-2014, 06:05 PM
It's for that ballin.

IrisHockey
06-20-2014, 06:19 PM
:lol Koony

Kawhi
06-20-2014, 06:22 PM
All the way.

Kool Bob Love
06-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Harlem and thunderup don't even fuck with you no more.