PDA

View Full Version : OT: QUICK! need fantasy help!!!

mudyez
11-17-2013, 08:20 AM
So one of the GM's in my league cut Ryan Anderson last week and I picked him up....now he wants to trade for him :D

I'd get Gordon Hayward straight up for Anderson.

Should I do it?

My team looks like this:
Rose
Westbrook
Bledsoe

Leonard
K.Thompson
J.Butler
Korver
W.Chandler

Love
Horford
Anthony Davis
Drummond

(yeah, I'm pretty happy with that team...sadly drafted Rose over P.George)

I'd like to do it (as I really like Hayward as a player and its always fun to make another GM look bad^^), but I need to get some second opinion!

Mal
11-17-2013, 09:52 AM
I`d go for it. Hayward in contract year in weak Utah team. He`ll have plenty of shots.

Brazil
11-17-2013, 09:58 AM
If you don't mind fg%

TheRealCB
11-17-2013, 11:32 AM
So one of the GM's in my league cut Ryan Anderson last week and I picked him up....now he wants to trade for him :D

I'd get Gordon Hayward straight up for Anderson.

Should I do it?

My team looks like this:
Rose
Westbrook
Bledsoe

Leonard
K.Thompson
J.Butler
Korver
W.Chandler

Love
Horford
Anthony Davis
Drummond

(yeah, I'm pretty happy with that team...sadly drafted Rose over P.George)

I'd like to do it (as I really like Hayward as a player and its always fun to make another GM look bad^^), but I need to get some second opinion!

Is that a 3-man league?

mudyez
11-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Is that a 3-man league?

lol...no...its 10team/9cat

Its 9 guys (actually 8+and gal) who I know, but some never played in a fantasy league before and the girl selected Ricky Rubio in the first round (before drafting better after her boyfriend kind of took over). Even with my team I cant be sure of a win, as one other team got really lucky as well (got Durant+George and has some nice other pickups).

I picked 9th and the guy at 10 was really bad (I got Love in the second round...and had to leave Paul George on the bord...got Davis+Horford at my second go around)...felt like B2B picks.

spurraider21
11-18-2013, 12:58 AM
hayward has been handed the key's to Utah's offense, meaning he will get big numbers but mediocre efficiency. if your team has some good FG% guy'd id do this in a heartbeat. although Rhino would get monster value if he got dealt to Houston

mudyez
11-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Thanks guys...I confirmed the trade...If Hayward breaks his neck tomorrow, I'm still where I was before getting Anderson for free :)

mudyez
11-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Follow up question:

Someone would trade me Rondo straight up for Kyle Korver.

He struggles a bit and I talked him into the Korvers 3Pt shooting over the next weeks, while Rondo won't play at all.
I'm one of the strongest teams in the league and may be able to gamble with an eye on my playoff roster.

My plan is to make him wait until tomorrow, so I'll get all of Korvers Kames this week, while the trade is pending (I'm #1, playing #2 this week).

Question 1: Losing Korver isn't high risk, but is Rondo worth losing a contributer until something like X-Mas?

Question 2: Should I jump on it NOW, before he realizes, that he can get more than just Korver from another GM?

Question 3: Will I have any friends left, if Rondo plays like the old Rondo kome January?

Raven
11-19-2013, 09:26 AM
:lol is this a league where you get points for shooting yourself in the groin? who would trade rondo for fuckin korver :lol:lol:lol you have more than enough depth to hold onto rondo until he comes back, he'll be up to speed just in time to get your team to destroy any other in the play offs

mudyez
11-19-2013, 09:31 AM
:lol is this a league where you get points for shooting yourself in the groin? who would trade rondo for fuckin korver :lol:lol:lol you have more than enough depth to hold onto rondo until he comes back, he'll be up to speed just in time to get your team to destroy any other in the play offs

...reading this, makes me think the trade will get vetoed :(

mudyez
11-19-2013, 09:46 AM
in all fairness...my biggest opponent has a very strong lineup as well:

Lillard
I. Thomas
E. Gordon
Ariza

Deng
P. George
Durant

Vucevic
Lopez
Monroe
Faried
J. Smith
D. Jordan

(hm, before writing this, it seemed stronger to me ^^)

mudyez
11-19-2013, 01:21 PM
I decided to ask him, if he'd like Wilson Chandler AND Korver (either 2for1 or he gives me Webster, which I'd cut)...I will not keep Chandler forever anyway and that 2for2 trade rises the chance other managers wont veto (the Durant+George guy even vetoed Anderson/Hayward).

Plus if Chandler does well, he will be on a fantasy team, I don't have to fear.

mudyez
11-19-2013, 02:21 PM
forget that!...will do korver/rondo straight up...Toby Harris will be back sonner than expected and I had to cut Chandler to get him. Tobias is a gamble worth taking I guess.