PDA

View Full Version : Week 11 Black QB Report Card: Chimpin' Ain't Easy

Chief Brody
11-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Avantes and Gents, with the continuous regression of the black QB it's becoming a little too easy to inject some humor into their plight--so just watch the tape if you're looking for comedy.

The Good:

Russell Wilson - Very efficient outing from Game-Manager Wilson, including an admittedly beautiful TD pass to Doug Baldwin right before the half. Marshawn Lynch and the defense accounted for 4 of the 5 Seahawks TDs, but that was just window dressing imo. Fun Fact: He's completed over 19 passes just twice this year. Grade: A

E.J. Manuel - Possibly his best game as a pro to date--getting no help from the running game in the process. This counts as 3/5th's a win since it came against the most embarrassing QB in the league, though. EJ's next 3 games are against opponents with a combined 5-25 record. If he can't win all of those then it's safe to say he can't make it in this league. Grade: A

Cum Newton - Fantastic, clutch performance. Watershed game for him...hopefully he can shed his black skin and win a SB. Grade: A+

The Bad:

Robert Griffin III - As bad and as fucked up as the Rams (and their QB situation) are, you gotta think their GM is patting himself on the back with each passing Cornbread performance. The Redskins D was bend but don't break, his running game gave him 150 yds of support, and STILL RG3 went <50% passing with 2 turnovers and the inexplicable game-sealing interception. How long till we see Kirk Cousins selling $5 foot-longs? Grade: D-

Jason Campbell: 27/56, 248 yds, 1 td, 3 ints. This was a brutal outing, especially considering that 175 of those passing yes came in garbage time. I like Campbell, but this was his chance to resurrect his career and put the Browns on the fast-track to the AFCN title. He failed miserably. Grade: F

The Ugly:

Colin Kaepernick - 127 passing yards, including an unfathomable 4.1 YPA:wow He had 1 int, but the defense dropped 2 other picks. He has barely broken 200 passings yes in the last 2 games COMBINED. That goal-line stand in the SB will haunt him forever, since it's blatantly obvious he'll never be back to the big dance as a starter ever again. Grade: F

Geno Smith - Great googlymoogly…remember when I said we were cheated by him not playing last week? Well, Curious Geno did not disappoint, given 2 weeks to plan his next national embarrassment. I was watching the 1:00 games at Flanigan's Bar down here in South Miami, and it was packed with Jetfans. When CG threw that pick-6 to Searcy, one of the Jets fans muttered under his breath, "Where did they find this fuckin' mulignane?" For those who missed it, here's the play that Jet fan was alluding to--fast forward to the 0:34 second mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAQofvcl264

Try to slow it down and it's like watching the Zapruder film…back, and to the left. back, and to the left. Grade: F

DNP:

Terrelle Pryor - monkeyball watched McGloin ruin the Texans D like Sandusky ruined his childhood.

Dog Bludgeoner - He's worth mentioning because Chip Kelly won't stop mentioning him. Maybe it's a ploy to keep Foles motivated, who knows.

Josh Freeman - How bad must his self-esteem be? Not only was he run off the Bucs (who are playing inspired ball since he was jettisoned), but he can't even find playing time on the biggest QB black hole in the NFL. When one-armed Christian Ponder went down last week, what were you all thinking? Freeman time, right? Oh no, turns out he can't even beat out Matt Cassel. Is he not getting a fair shake? The Vikings HC is black, too…yikes.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-18-2013, 01:41 PM
What people fail to realize is that Cam can put up numbers when he needs to. His rookie year, he went to the Pro Bowl and passed for 400 yards 5 times. That's not what wins games, as he was asked to do it all. They are a rushing team, and rely on their defense, unlike the past two years, and just need Cam to make appropriate plays.

Clipper Nation
11-18-2013, 01:45 PM
What people fail to realize is that Cam can put up numbers when he needs to. His rookie year, he went to the Pro Bowl and passed for 400 yards 5 times. That's not what wins games, as he was asked to do it all. They are a rushing team, and rely on their defense, unlike the past two years, and just need Cam to make appropriate plays.
Translation: when Cum was asked to be a real quarterback, he and the Panthers failed.... now that he's been demoted to a game manager, they're winning (regular season) games, tbh.....

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Translation: when Cum was asked to be a real quarterback, he and the Panthers failed.... now that he's been demoted to a game manager, they're winning (regular season) games, tbh.....

Lol OR maybe it has to do with us having the 30th rank defense two years ago and the 25th ranked last year... hm?

Spur-Addict
11-18-2013, 01:48 PM
http://www.gq.com/images/copilot/entertainment/sports/201309/wilson-opener-628.jpg

spurraider21
11-18-2013, 01:51 PM
take away Lynch's 23 yard run and he had 16 carries for 25 yards :lol

Lynch's first TD... the drive was 4 plays. first play was a 3 yard pass to Lynch, then a 44 yard pass to Baldwin, and a 27 yard pass to Lockette before Lynch punched it in. :cry all Lynch
did you see the play where Wilson shoveled it to Lynch for a TD? probably not, but thats a play you credited to Lynch in your write up. you're going out of your way on this one

Clipper Nation
11-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Lol OR maybe it has to do with us having the 30th rank defense two years ago and the 25th ranked last year... hm?
The defense being better should theoretically be even more of a reason not to turn Cum into a game manager, tbh.... the fact that they've made him into one anyway speaks volumes, imho....

Chief Brody
11-18-2013, 01:59 PM
I gave Wilson an "A," what more do you want, crybaby?:lol

You're welcome to dispute any factual errors if in fact Lynch/Defense didn't score 4/5 Seattle touchdowns, or RW has more than 19 completions in over 2 games this season. File a complaint and if it's erroneous I'll acknowledge it in next week's issue.

spurraider21
11-18-2013, 02:05 PM
its cool though. i'm fine with intellectual dishonesty for comedic purposes

Chief Brody
11-18-2013, 02:05 PM
OT, but Aaron Dobson only needs 168 rec yds to top Louis Murphy's best season. If he scores 4 more TDs he'll have more than Murphy has in his career. Just a lesson to our newer posters to be mindful of their football opinions.

Chief Brody
11-18-2013, 02:06 PM
its cool though. i'm fine with intellectual dishonesty for comedic purposes

Were either of those lies? Please provide evidence to the contrary if so.

The Gemini Method
11-18-2013, 02:07 PM
The A is a nice gesture--but the fact that one of Lynch's TDs came off an improvised play by Wilson should at least be acknowledged to him. Because if it were Manning or your Tom Terrific the media would've fellatio'd (as well as the fan of those two teams...) the hell out of the play. Would've been just another token to the brilliance of whomever else. However, it is a funny read and I know that if Cum goes ape on the Patriots, it'll make for great reply copy.

jeebus
11-18-2013, 02:08 PM
:lmao people getting worked up over truthbombs

spurraider21
11-18-2013, 02:09 PM
I wasn't referring to those specific stats. Sure, Lynch punched it in 3 times, but in 2 of those drives he was not a major part of the offense. He just punched it in. I would hardly credit Seattle's offensive production to Lynch considering Wilson accounted for 74% of their yardage on offense. If Wilson throws the team into a goal-to-go situation and Lynch punches it in, I would have a hard time telling you "that was all Lynch." You seem to have no reservations in doing so

spurraider21
11-18-2013, 02:10 PM
:lmao people getting worked up over truthbombs
:cry jebes pls

HarlemHeat37
11-18-2013, 02:18 PM
All he said was that they scored 4 of the 5 TDs, he also even said it was window dressing, tbh:lol..

He also gave GMW an A..not sure what spurraider is upset about, tbh..

jeebus
11-18-2013, 02:19 PM
:cry jebes pls
never!

spurraider21
11-18-2013, 02:22 PM
All he said was that they scored 4 of the 5 TDs, he also even said it was window dressing, tbh:lol..

He also gave GMW an A..not sure what spurraider is upset about, tbh..
good call imo. i didn't catch the window dressing comment earlier

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-18-2013, 02:26 PM
The defense being better should theoretically be even more of a reason not to turn Cum into a game manager, tbh.... the fact that they've made him into one anyway speaks volumes, imho....

That would make sense.. except we have the only two running backs to EVER rush for 1100 yards a piece in a season.... so I think we should stick with our roots... his stats will come

spurraider21
11-18-2013, 02:28 PM
That would make sense.. except we have the only two running backs to EVER rush for 1100 yards a piece in a season.... so I think we should stick with our roots... his stats will come
i agree. teams committing to the run isn't necessarily an indictment on their QB's. last year the Patriots were 2nd in the NFL in rushing attempts

Holden_Caulfield
11-18-2013, 02:44 PM
geno what the fuck :lol that shit is worse than any game gabbert ever played :lmao

Clipper Nation
11-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Interesting how you like to hype up Cum and his stats, but as soon as the team gets good, you put more trust in the defense and running game to make plays and win games than you do in Cum, tbh....

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Interesting how you like to hype up Cum and his stats, but as soon as the team gets good, you put more trust in the defense and running game to make plays and win games than you do in Cum, tbh....

I'm just saying I'm a Panthers fan, not just a Cam fan. Newton isn't even like the monkeyballers you guys refer to. He hasn't even ran very often this year. He is a good quarterback and a great team captain. We wouldn't have gone 6-3 without him.

Clipper Nation
11-18-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm just saying I'm a Panthers fan, not just a Cam fan.
And I'm saying it's a quarterback's league, yet you openly admit that the defense and running game are more key to the Panthers' success than Cum is, tbh.... for someone who has all those records and stats, you and the Panthers' coaching staff are shockingly okay with Cum just being a game manager, tbh.... if he's anywhere near as elite as you've pumped him up as, he would be the primary reason for the Panthers' record while the defense and running game would be secondary....

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-18-2013, 03:56 PM
And I'm saying it's a quarterback's league, yet you openly admit that the defense and running game are more key to the Panthers' success than Cum is, tbh.... for someone who has all those records and stats, you and the Panthers' coaching staff are shockingly okay with Cum just being a game manager, tbh.... if he's anywhere near as elite as you've pumped him up as, he would be the primary reason for the Panthers' record while the defense and running game would be secondary....

I love how you completely ignore the five game winning streak and his stats in those games.

Lincoln
11-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Not sure how griffin got a D but ok. This was by far his worst game as a redskin and he was complete SHIT for 3 quarters. He overthrew receivers by 5 feet (Paulson opening drive, moss in the 4th) and under threw as well (Paulson on a fucking 4th and 1! and Aldrich Robinson who bailed him out on the TD)

He had 26 passing yards at the half against the 30th ranked pass d :lmao. He literally doubled his yardage with the DY TD. His game ending pick was completely retarded because he tried to throw it away thru the end zone on his back fucking foot (not sure why u run a screen play on 3rd and 2 either).

He deserves a fucking F- for this shitfest

-one note tbh, the d was getting obliterated and bending and breaking until the fourth when chip let off the gas. But yeah they played a good fourth and Alfred went ham until Philly realized we were literally running the ball 1st 2nd and 3rd down to hide the black passer

Robz4000
11-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Truly, yesterday was a giant step back for the African American race. Well written once again, Chief Brody. God Bless...

Lincoln
11-18-2013, 04:31 PM
And next season is griffins make or break year IMO, he will have a completely upgraded Line and wr corp with our 33 mill and he will get a complete offseason and camp/preseason to see if he can find that poise and accuracy/vision he had as a rookie.

If not then it's cousins time. He's not a pro bowler IMO but he is above a game manager which is all u need to be in this offense and hopefully improved defense.

Clipper Nation
I love how you completely ignore the five game winning streak and his stats in those games.
I love how you ignore that all but one of those teams has a losing record..... those teams have a combined record of 16-34, and that's inflated by the Niners :lol

Then there was the 5-1 stretch at the end of last year that the media slurped Cum for, during which he lost to the pathetic 2-14 Chiefs and beat a whopping one over .500 team :lol

Lincoln
Truly, yesterday was a giant step back for the African American race. Well written once again, Chief Brody. God Bless...

Do you miss Alex smith tbh or do you prefer kraep?

Robz4000
11-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Do you miss Alex smith tbh or do you prefer kraep?

Both suck tbh. It's time to bring in the savior Colt McCoy.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-18-2013, 04:33 PM
I love how you ignore that all but one of those teams has a losing record..... those teams have a combined record of 16-34, and that's inflated by the Niners :lol

Then there was the 5-1 stretch at the end of last year that the media slurped Cum for, during which he lost to the pathetic 2-14 Chiefs and beat a whopping one over .500 team :lol

The Chiefs and Broncos have respectively played a completely garbage schedule, yet all I hear is 'slurp, slurp', slurp, "Oh, Manning!"', yet when Cam Newton does it and actually has a better QBR in three of the five games in that streak... he gets shit on.

Clipper Nation
11-18-2013, 04:38 PM
The Chiefs and Broncos have respectively played a completely garbage schedule, yet all I hear is 'slurp, slurp', slurp, "Oh, Manning!"', yet when Cam Newton does it and actually has a better QBR in three of the five games in that streak... he gets shit on.
The Chiefs have been routinely criticized as frauds by the media and the NFL fanbase for their soft schedule and facing backup quarterbacks every week, so not sure why you're even bringing them up.... the Broncos have played an easy schedule too, but Peyton has proven a lot more than Cum throughout his career, has actually beaten good teams convincingly when it matters even despite his playoff failures, and the Broncos just won their biggest game of the season so far :lol

jag
11-18-2013, 08:30 PM
This counts as 3/5th's a win since it came against the most embarrassing QB in the league, though.

What you did there...

I see it.

The Reckoning
11-18-2013, 08:32 PM
lol at how hyped kaep was before the season...

spurraider21
11-18-2013, 08:56 PM
INC:

Cum Newton - Ok Cum, you have a golden opportunity to beat a great team and an elite QB. I'd like to see you go over the 249 yd passing mark or perhaps complete a pass more than 20 yards downfield too. I believe in you.
getting there :lol

jimbo
11-18-2013, 09:25 PM

Tbh Brady's first two superbowls were because of the D. I anticipate it to be the same for Cam's first two.

spurraider21
11-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Tbh Brady's first two superbowls were because of the D. I anticipate it to be the same for Cam's first two.
treacherous waters you are in, considering the big name posters are pats fans :lol

jimbo
11-18-2013, 09:28 PM
treacherous waters you are in, considering the big name posters are pats fans :lol

I figured I might as well credit the D rather than the cheating.

Clipper Nation
11-18-2013, 09:28 PM
It's a different league now than it was back then, thanks to the pussy-ass commissioner and owners, tbh....

dirkdirkastan
11-18-2013, 11:44 PM
Bills just 4 games out in the AFC East. DD's the real winner here.

Holden_Caulfield
11-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Bills just 4 games out in the AFC East. DD's the real winner here.
they get a free win against the tanking jags, bills moving up :lol

Spur-Addict
11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
http://www.gq.com/images/copilot/entertainment/sports/201309/wilson-opener-628.jpg

Guess who had the second highest passer rating in Seahawk history last game? That guy^^^^^^^^^

:hat

leemajors
11-19-2013, 12:58 PM
couldn't top Dave Krieg, could he?

DeadlyDynasty
11-19-2013, 01:04 PM
lee, with the incendiary roadside bomb goods:lol

benefactor
11-19-2013, 01:28 PM
sweeptheleg.gif

Spur-Addict
11-19-2013, 01:38 PM
:lol

Yeah, Seahawk history isn't exactly rich with exemplary QB play. Still an accomplishment nonetheless tbh

Holden_Caulfield
11-19-2013, 01:52 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-STQBQ40Geec/UVmyKBSVJzI/AAAAAAAALK4/FcCZkz7q5LU/s1600/clap.gif

Robz4000
11-19-2013, 01:58 PM

Banderas.gif

The Gemini Method
11-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Dave Krieg the Bible Thumper had the Great White Hope aka Repub-receiver Steve Largent...such was a high time for the Hawks. But times they are a changing! In DangeRuss we Trust!!!

Spur-Addict
11-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Dave Krieg the Bible Thumper had the Great White Hope aka Repub-receiver Steve Largent...such was a high time for the Hawks. But times they are a changing! In DangeRuss we Trust!!!

League record for wins by a rookie QB in his first two years is 22. He's closing in on that LOL

The Gemini Method
11-19-2013, 02:22 PM
League record for wins by a rookie QB in his first two years is 22. He's closing in on that LOL He survived pretty much unscathed through the horrid O-line and his quote the other day about wanting to learn, getting ready to be better every day, and to watch film until his eyes bleed makes his brand of monkeyball (albeit mulatto ball) all the more better.

Spur-Addict
11-19-2013, 02:42 PM
He survived pretty much unscathed through the horrid O-line and his quote the other day about wanting to learn, getting ready to be better every day, and to watch film until his eyes bleed makes his brand of monkeyball (albeit mulatto ball) all the more better.

He took some hits during that time period as well. His scrambling to extend plays on the run, and make throws down field is quite impressive. Perfect mesh with his in the pocket ability tbh. He's a tireless worker.

Percy has the full go VS the Saints so it'll be interesting to see what wrinkles they put in for him.

spurraider21
11-19-2013, 03:33 PM
League record for wins by a rookie QB in his first two years is 22. He's closing in on that LOL
a young game manager racking up wins only counts if its Brady or Rape

DeadlyDynasty
11-19-2013, 03:34 PM
:cry

spurraider21
11-19-2013, 03:37 PM
:lol if my team sucks ass i'm going to live vicariously through others.

I've had to endure half a season of monkeyball and now have to hope UDFA Matt McGloin can do something. there is literally no stimulating conversation about the raiders right now. let me have wilson

Spur-Addict
11-19-2013, 03:59 PM
a young game manager racking up wins only counts if its Brady or Rape

LOL Yeah you know how it goes here.

Pelicans78
11-19-2013, 04:02 PM

Who has the record? Marino? I think he went 7-2 in his first year and 14-2 his second. I think Flacco had 20.

Pelicans78
11-19-2013, 04:05 PM
I thought Big Ben won 13 his first year and 11 in his second year.

Anyway, Wilson is more than a game manager. He's a really good QB, especially since the second half of last season. Durable as well since he's well-built. His height will be always be an issue just like Brees, but he can compensate with his accuracy and mobility.

Spur-Addict
11-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Who has the record? Marino? I think he went 7-2 in his first year and 14-2 his second. I think Flacco had 20.

He's tied with Marino right now at 21. Big Rape has the record at 22.

Pelicans78
11-19-2013, 04:07 PM
He's tied with Marino right now at 21. Big Rape has the record at 22.

He'll get that record easily. Pretty impressive.

The Gemini Method
11-19-2013, 04:12 PM
I thought Big Ben won 13 his first year and 11 in his second year.

Anyway, Wilson is more than a game manager. He's a really good QB, especially since the second half of last season. Durable as well since he's well-built. His height will be always be an issue just like Brees, but he can compensate with his accuracy and mobility. I noticed Drew Breezy looking up at the bottom of his facemask. Is this something new or has he always done that? Interesting and if Wilson can achieve what Brees has done as an undersized QB, then Seattle will be a force to be reckoned with for a foreseeable future.

BUMP
11-19-2013, 04:16 PM

The Chiefs have been routinely criticized as frauds by the media and the NFL fanbase for their soft schedule and facing backup quarterbacks every week, so not sure why you're even bringing them up.... the Broncos have played an easy schedule too, but Peyton has proven a lot more than Cum throughout his career, has actually beaten good teams convincingly when it matters even despite his playoff failures, and the Broncos just won their biggest game of the season so far :lol

Not to mention everyone pretty much knows that the Broncos are a top 3 NFL team that has just as good a shot as anyone else at the title. The Panthers are still a relatively unknown so the jury is still out on them

BUMP
God my takes are becoming more and more vanilla with each day tbh

Pelicans78
I noticed Drew Breezy looking up at the bottom of his facemask. Is this something new or has he always done that? Interesting and if Wilson can achieve what Brees has done as an undersized QB, then Seattle will be a force to be reckoned with for a foreseeable future.

I've noticed Brees do that the last two seasons, especially since the interior o-line has downgraded. Usually the Saints have had excellent guards and center since Brees has been there so I'm not sure if its due to worsening o-line or if he's always done. I never noticed it until last season.

The Gemini Method
11-19-2013, 04:17 PM
God my takes are becoming more and more vanilla with each day tbh Kinda like the Chiefs' offense, no?

BUMP
11-19-2013, 04:18 PM
that has to be a record for the quickest quote ever tbh

dirk4mvp
11-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Sucks, BUMp, you were at once a decent poster if I recall correctly.

Brazil
11-21-2013, 10:52 AM
Campbell should go in the Ugly category imo

symple19
11-21-2013, 11:00 AM
http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/f16f1736a222e20dcba3731b5bb92fb2_large

DeadlyDynasty
11-21-2013, 11:04 AM
http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/f16f1736a222e20dcba3731b5bb92fb2_large

:lmao

symple19
11-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Both suck tbh. It's time to bring in the savior Colt McCoy.

Please tell me you're kidding.

Robz4000
11-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Please tell me you're kidding.

Much like Vince Young, all he does is win. He'll also wet the pants of any girl within a ten mile radius.

symple19
11-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Much like Vince Young, all he does is win. He'll also wet the pants of any girl within a ten mile radius.

:lol

Holden_Caulfield
11-21-2013, 01:55 PM

http://likegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/03/clap-gif-5.gif

AchillesHeel
11-21-2013, 02:44 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/589434/robin-lopez-o.gif

symple19
12-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Another bump for our new Jaguar friends :lol

HI-FI
12-03-2013, 07:48 PM
what happened to the BQB Report Card? did mods take it down due to its truth bombs or DeadlyDynasty been too lazy?

spurraider21
12-03-2013, 11:43 PM
what happened to the BQB Report Card? did mods take it down due to its truth bombs or DeadlyDynasty been too lazy?
i think with Cum and Wilson's recent successes against Brady and Brees, with Pryor no longer entertaining us, campbell being out, it lost its luster. it would basically just laugh at knee, manuel, and geno

Lincoln
12-04-2013, 12:07 AM
i think with Cum and Wilson's recent successes against Brady and Brees, with Pryor no longer entertaining us, campbell being out, it lost its luster. it would basically just laugh at knee, manuel, and geno

Knee actually had a good game last week (prob only his 3rd or 4th of the year)

Play calling and his line fucked him. I've trashed him quite a bit this season but I gve him credit when it's due. I can't blame the loss on him.

dirkdirkastan
12-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Give some love to EJ Manuel. 18-33 for 184 yards and 4 int. He continues to show Buffalo he's the real deal. Give him a year or two and this league is gonna be scared shitless.