PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe fully cleared

spurraider21
11-18-2013, 02:24 PM
but isn't expected to play yet. i wonder what he's waiting for, his teammates need him

http://lakernation.com/kobe-bryant-cleared/

lefty
11-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Their next game is against the Warriors

Obviously Kobe is waiting to play a shitty team so his comeback will look heroic

What a pussy :lol

D-Wade
11-18-2013, 02:35 PM
I expected him to come back against the Heat on Christmas Day... It'll either go really good or really bad... Probably really bad.

hater
11-18-2013, 02:36 PM
just admit it fellas. y'all all be tuning in to Kobe's comeback game. He will draw bigger audiences than any games this season yet.

he will draw in mass media from china, where he is the kang.

still, IMO the first 5-10 games will be dangerous for kobe, the possibility of one of his legs exploding again is very high in that timeframe imo

Bulaien999
11-18-2013, 02:38 PM
This is great!! Non laker fans can't lose, if lakers improve but stay mediocre no wiggins but if they don't improve Kobe will wreck that team chemistry and cap room

Medvedenko
11-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Good to see the face of the NBA back soon. I say early December as he just began practicing and needs time acclimate himself within the system and tailor his talents to mesh with this group of Lakers.

lefty
11-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Good to see the face of the NBA back soon.

:lmao

Splits
11-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Medvedenko;6952929]Good to see the face of the NBA back soon. I say early December as he just began practicing and needs time acclimate himself within the system and tailor his talents to mesh with this group of Lakers.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/027/476/kobe.jpg

hater
11-18-2013, 03:08 PM
sorry fellas, but Kobe IS still the face of the NBA

for some reason the rest of the world just can't digest Lebron or Wade tbh

lefty
11-18-2013, 03:10 PM
No fucking way

LeBron is the face of the NBA

The best player in the league by far, 2 time defending champion, spectacular player

Kirby is popular only in China

hater
11-18-2013, 03:12 PM
No fucking way

The best player in the league by far, 2 time defending champion, spectacular player

in the US? maybe, but IMO the international NBA market has overtaken the US or is close to it. Lebron just can't be digested for some reason. Especialy in China and Asia. Wether it has to do with Lebron being too big for Asians to identify themselves with, or he's just not likeable, I don't know. But Kobe is kang outside the US, and inside he's easily #2. thus overall, the face of the NBA (I'm talking marketing-wise btw)

lefty
11-18-2013, 03:14 PM
how do u know Lebrn is not liked outside of the US

hater
11-18-2013, 03:17 PM

I didn't say not liked. Just not marketed as much. Traveling abroad I see too many Kobe billboards/ads/commercials and products not to notice.

Splits
11-18-2013, 03:17 PM

Cant find the poll but ESPN took one worldwide for the finals last year and the Spurs won in dramatic fashion. I think every country voted for them to win.

Killakobe81
11-18-2013, 03:20 PM
No fucking way

Kirby is popular only in China

Most ballers I know prefer Kobe strictly from a skills/fundamental perspective. But as a player even most REALISTIC Laker fans admit Lebron is NOW better.
and you can be the best player and still not be the "face" where you watching the NBA for Duncan 2005?

hater
11-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Cant find the poll but ESPN took one worldwide for the finals last year and the Spurs won in dramatic fashion. I think every country voted for them to win.

good point. although this is not a sign fans like the Spurs, just that the Heat and Lebron have not been embraced like the Jordan Bulls or even the Kobe Lakers IMO

something about that Heat team, IMO it was the way it was assembled and the way they carry themselves.

Killakobe81
11-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Lebron despite some minor flaws should be appreciated for his talent, and the work he puts in to maximize his god given talent AND his ability to improve on his flaws (jumper, post-game) ...

I think it's hard for SOME People to root for the biggest strongest fastest guy ... which is why Nash (great player underrated athlete) was so popular with media/fans.
James has won over SOME maybe eve a majority of his critics.

hater
11-18-2013, 03:25 PM
agree Lebron is underappreciated. His game is not finese, just pure brute force.

He is no ferrari like Jordan or even a maserati like Kobe, he's more like a Mustang. Pure muscle but no pannache.

still he could possibly be embraced once he wins a couple more championships and performs a few more heroics.

Stabula
11-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Lebron will always be hated for his shady ring-chasing decision.

lefty
11-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Lebron will always be hated for his shady ring-chasing decision.
I have no problem with LEbron leaving Cleveland for Miami

He carried that sorry ass team and city to the Finals, spent 7 years there trying to win a title

Then he goes to Miami to win a title; he earned that right; plus, where would you rather live? Cleveland or Miami ?

But, it's OK when Magic says he won't play for the Bulls if they draft him, because he wants to play for the Lakers and with the best player in the NBA (Kareem).

The only thing I didnt like was the whole "decision" on ESPN thing, that was really not cool; but the decision itself ? I have no problem with it

AchillesHeel
11-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Lebron is the face of the NBA, Kirby's just a household name.

Thebesteva
11-18-2013, 04:23 PM
just admit it fellas. y'all all be tuning in to Kobe's comeback game. He will draw bigger audiences than any games this season yet.

still, IMO the first 5-10 games will be dangerous for kobe, the possibility of one of his legs exploding again is very high in that timeframe imo

A lot of in the closet Kobe fans here. I guarantee you Clitoris Nation watches Kobe games and is disgusted in himself like this faggot right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2nnI3rT6ss

HarlemHeat37
11-18-2013, 04:44 PM
He's waiting for:

- the Lakers to be coming off a loss
- the Lakers to play a shitty team

Pretty simple, tbh..

Brazil
11-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Outside the US I agree with medvedenko Kobe is the face of the nba, that's the case in China biggest market, that's the case in Latin America. In Europe idk

HarlemHeat37
11-18-2013, 05:38 PM
There's no face of any league in today's era of sports, tbh..leagues don't need one player to represent their sport like Jordan did, everybody has access to videos, interviews, etc of any player they enjoy..leagues no longer need an ambassador to promote the game, fans can learn and view anything about the game on the Internet..

As for most popular player, of course it's Kobe, he has the most delusional, cult following of any player in sports history, including Dad Killer..it's the only thing I admire about him, he's the greatest media manipulator in sports history, he has single-handedly dictated his own legacy through the media:lol..

If he had chosen a different route, he could have easily been a successful politician, maybe even president, tbh:lol..

tlongII
11-18-2013, 05:50 PM
LeBron's jersey outsells Kobe's. LeBron is the face of the NBA now.

Michael Jordan.
11-18-2013, 06:27 PM
He's waiting for:

- the Lakers to be coming off a loss
- the Lakers to play a shitty team

Pretty simple, tbh..
Yup. Like 60% of his highest scoring games came against bottom 10 defenses.

Stabula
11-18-2013, 07:10 PM
LeBron's jersey outsells Kobe's. LeBron is the face of the NBA now.

As of April this year Carmelo was the top selling jersey. Doesn't mean shit, honestly.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/09/knicks-carmelo-anthony-takes-over-lead-for-top-selling-jersey-april-2013/index.html

tlongII
11-18-2013, 07:39 PM
As of April this year Carmelo was the top selling jersey. Doesn't mean shit, honestly.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/09/knicks-carmelo-anthony-takes-over-lead-for-top-selling-jersey-april-2013/index.html

As of October it is Lebron. It absolutely is relevant.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/rose-2nd-overall-nbas-global-list-top-selling-jerseys.html

hater
11-18-2013, 07:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Kobe being out with a blown achilles has nothing to do with his jersey sales :rolleyes

NRHector
11-18-2013, 07:45 PM

If Kobe plays and they lose he'll make up an injury and if they win he'll say that he is not 100% healthy but he wanted to help his team

ElNono
11-18-2013, 08:32 PM
better not pull a Derrick Rose, tbh

But if he does, I'm sure Kirbystan will have an excuse at the ready :lol

Stabula
11-18-2013, 09:03 PM
As of October it is Lebron. It absolutely is relevant.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/rose-2nd-overall-nbas-global-list-top-selling-jerseys.html

I don't think in April or at anytime was Carmelo considered the face of the NBA despite him having the top selling jersey.

spurraider21
11-18-2013, 09:06 PM

But if he does, I'm sure Kirbystan will have an excuse at the ready :lol
:cry he has too much pride to come back at less than 100%
:cry he only knows how to dominate

spurraider21
11-18-2013, 09:06 PM
imo its hard for Kobe to sell the most jerseys when 90% of NBA fans already have his jersey since he was #1 in sales for a while

Venti Quattro
11-18-2013, 11:34 PM
imo its hard for Kobe to sell the most jerseys when 90% of NBA fans already have his jersey since he was #1 in sales for a while
It's like the post-pc era that Apple fantards try to propagate. You can't sell PCs like hotcakes when the market is already saturated

Rogue
11-19-2013, 12:14 AM
It'll only take their excuse away when they lose a game per par, don't see how Kobe's return will escalate this team much higher than they currently are.

FkLA
11-19-2013, 12:20 AM
As for most popular player, of course it's Kobe, he has the most delusional, cult following of any player in sports history, including Dad Killer..it's the only thing I admire about him, he's the greatest media manipulator in sports history, he has single-handedly dictated his own legacy through the media:lol..

If he had chosen a different route, he could have easily been a successful politician, maybe even president, tbh:lol..

truth

lefty
02-25-2014, 05:44 PM
lol

Wiz
02-25-2014, 07:30 PM

But if he does, I'm sure Kirbystan will have an excuse at the ready :lol:lol