PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mouse....

JudynTX
11-18-2013, 02:37 PM
....this is your chance to get to Hollywood! :hat

San Antonio embraces a bit of Hollywood this week, when a movie begins filming in the Alamo City.

“The Song,” written by David Kauffman, stars Christopher Lloyd (“Back to the Future”); Kevin Pollak (“The Usual Suspects,” “A Few Good Men”), Cheyenne Jackson (“30 Rock,” “Glee”) and Christine Wood (HBO’s “Hello Ladies”).

The story, according to IMDB: A singer/songwriter gets a second chance at his dream when he’s entered into a reality TV songwriting contest. After losing the first two rounds, however, he takes on a win-at-all-costs attitude. In the process, he may risk losing himself.

First step: Extras are needed for audience scenes, starting today.

Here are the details, according to casting pro Andrew Aguilar: “We need background talent to be audience members watching a live performance; think ‘American Idol.’ Audience members will learn, feel, and be a part of the movie-making experience.”

Filming dates are today (Monday), Tuesday and Thursday. Among the locations is the Carver Community Cultural Center.

“Pay rate is $58 for up to eight hours, plus additional pay if it goes longer,” Aguilar said. “Please reply with your full name, age, email and phone number to: [email protected].”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/jakle06/2013/11/s-a-meets-hollywood-movie-needs-local-extras/#18082101=0

mrsmaalox
11-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Will nude scenes be required?

JudynTX
11-18-2013, 02:47 PM
:nope: This is not a Kool-Aid thread.

DJR210
11-18-2013, 02:50 PM
SA210 say's he is a filmmaker, and produces "only the best concerts in SA" - I wonder if he's going?

mrsmaalox
11-18-2013, 02:51 PM

I was just wondering if I should show up or not :lol

Blake
11-18-2013, 02:53 PM
$58?

That's almost worse than jury duty pay

I. Hustle
11-18-2013, 02:53 PM
You'll only show up if you can get nude?

Not to change the subject but I happen to be in the middle of shooting a film. I'm looking for extras

I. Hustle
11-18-2013, 02:54 PM
$58?

But you get the thrill of looking foryourself and telling all your friends about it when the movie comes out. Only to see they cut the scene or you are so far away that you can't even tell it was you anyway.

JudynTX
11-18-2013, 02:55 PM

Heavens no. :lol

$58?

I'm doing it for the experience, don't care about the $58. IMHO

Blake, Do you ever fun? Jesus Christ

I. Hustle
11-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Heavens no. :lol

I'm doing it for the experience, don't care about the $58. IMHO

Honestly it is fun. I used to do it all the time when I was in Austin. I would crack up at the people that would sit next to me telling me that their agent got them the gig. I was like... "Oh, I saw it in the Current. I get to keep all of the money they give me."

JudynTX
11-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Honestly it is fun. I used to do it all the time when I was in Austin. I would crack up at the people that would sit next to me telling me that their agent got them the gig. I was like... "Oh, I saw it in the Current. I get to keep all of the money they give me."

:lol :lol I'm intrigued by the whole process, filming/camera/setup, etc. Fuck those losers.

xmas1997
11-18-2013, 03:11 PM
....this is your chance to get to Hollywood! :hat

San Antonio embraces a bit of Hollywood this week, when a movie begins filming in the Alamo City.

“The Song,” written by David Kauffman, stars Christopher Lloyd (“Back to the Future”); Kevin Pollak (“The Usual Suspects,” “A Few Good Men”), Cheyenne Jackson (“30 Rock,” “Glee”) and Christine Wood (HBO’s “Hello Ladies”).

The story, according to IMDB: A singer/songwriter gets a second chance at his dream when he’s entered into a reality TV songwriting contest. After losing the first two rounds, however, he takes on a win-at-all-costs attitude. In the process, he may risk losing himself.

First step: Extras are needed for audience scenes, starting today.

Here are the details, according to casting pro Andrew Aguilar: “We need background talent to be audience members watching a live performance; think ‘American Idol.’ Audience members will learn, feel, and be a part of the movie-making experience.”

Filming dates are today (Monday), Tuesday and Thursday. Among the locations is the Carver Community Cultural Center.

“Pay rate is $58 for up to eight hours, plus additional pay if it goes longer,” Aguilar said. “Please reply with your full name, age, email and phone number to: [email protected].”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/jakle06/2013/11/s-a-meets-hollywood-movie-needs-local-extras/#18082101=0

Blake is right, that must be a low budget movie.
I was an extra in Jim Carey's second Ace Ventura movie that was filmed partly in Hondo.
We were paid $100 a day and the food was catered. Excellent food by the way.

JudynTX
11-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Oh for fuck's sake.

xmas1997
11-18-2013, 03:15 PM
:lol :lol I'm intrigued by the whole process, filming/camera/setup, etc. Fuck those losers.
It is fun unless you are stuck under a huge tent with hundreds of extras in the summer heat. That was the only bad part, except for the boredom of waiting for the shoot.
All that and most of the scenes I was in, except for one, ended up on the cutting room floor.
Oh well, I ate good, made an easy $100, and it was fun during the shoot.

Blake
11-18-2013, 03:38 PM

I was just noting that the movie company execs seem like cheap bastards.

But yes, there was this one time I had fun.

xmas1997
11-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Oh for fuck's sake.

Thanks for the heads up notification and web site.

hehateme
11-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Blake is right, that must be a low budget movie.
I was an extra in Jim Carey's second Ace Ventura movie that was filmed partly in Hondo.
We were paid $100 a day and the food was catered. Excellent food by the way.

What scene...

xmas1997
11-18-2013, 04:23 PM
The African theme park scene.
I was playing the part of a tourist visiting the park with my wife. We were in the back seat of a park jeep being driven behind a baby elephant with a young child riding on it's back. That elephant had some real issues because it kept farting some of the stickiest farts.
Carey was dressed up like Abe Lincoln with top hat and made some jokes at the elephant' farting.
In real life the smell made Carey and the rest of us sick.

I. Hustle
11-18-2013, 04:29 PM
The farts were sticky? Like they got on you? That is disgusting?

xmas1997
11-18-2013, 04:35 PM
The farts were sticky? Like they got on you? That is disgusting?

No, they stank something awful. I don't know how that little girl on it's back kept from throwing up. Or the handler either. The driver of my jeep was gagging real bad, and so were we. The jeep was open and had no top. Maybe the wind was just blowing our way. Carey was getting sick though and they had to reshoot the scene about eight times before he stormed off the set upset with the director. Carey is not one of the more personable comedians in the business, at least not to strangers.
I was there with a lawyer friend who was also an extra. He was made to wander around the park like he was sightseeing. During one of the lulls in the shooting he actually approached Carey and tried to engage him in a short conversation, but Carey just brushed him off like a nobody.

CuckingFunt
11-18-2013, 05:10 PM
They've been regularly filming the current season of American Horror Story on my block over the last few months. The process becomes a lot less exciting/interesting when there are 25 giant bastard trailers blocking your street.

Koolaid_Man
11-18-2013, 06:29 PM

I don't do that stuff no moe...I'm a gentleman

Koolaid_Man
11-18-2013, 06:29 PM

you sure do know how to tantalize

xmas1997
11-18-2013, 06:36 PM
They've been regularly filming the current season of American Horror Story on my block over the last few months. The process becomes a lot less exciting/interesting when there are 25 giant bastard trailers blocking your street.

Yeah, filmmaking is a lot less exciting for the extras and the bystanders.
I always hope they ask me to say something, because all of a sudden your pay scale jumps astronomically when you speak. And your name goes into the credits.

mouse
11-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Although 60 dollars seems like low pay people that love film and want to be around movies when they are being filmed, 7 times out of 10 most film lovers will do it for free. Many times the casting director will offer food and credits on the film. It's a great way to see how things are done behind the camera and you can network meet all kinds of people who are in the business. It only takes one film and you will have your own IMDB page. You add the film to your credits. I know films were people are willing to pay cash to be in any scene. Films like Batman they have to turn people away.

If any of you want to make some extra cash go to San Antonio Film FB page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sanantoniofilmsociety/

they are always looking for extras people to help on the set, they rent your car for the background, and many times need small children or dancers, and many speaking parts.

I myself don't seek out being in any films I mainly write screenplays and enter competitions. My script for John Head is being looked at by TriBeca films and has had a few folks in Austin inquiring about it.

Xw47_v1LtDs

If anyone wants to attend a free screen writers class (200 dollar value) go to this site.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Antonio-Screenwriters-Guild/116033135163822

Anyone need a copy of final draft or Sony Vegas let me know SWAG members only pay 25 dollars for the software.

http://d13s5ta1qg2cax.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/final-draft-8-flat_medium.jpg
http://www.sonyinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/VegasPro9-xlarge.jpg

Rogue
11-18-2013, 11:36 PM
I ain't even gonna watch those movies without my goddess on the cast list, tbh.

koriwhat
11-19-2013, 12:36 AM
I ain't even gonna watch those movies without my goddess on the cast list, tbh.

god damn you're so fuckin' annoying with your dumbass goddess bs in every damn thread.

Saved By Zero
11-20-2013, 06:14 AM
Mouse still trying to get into cannes!?