PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Surprise This year?

look_at_g_shred
11-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Boris Diaw's aggressiveness or Patty's emergence as back-up PG? I'd say Diaw's aggressiveness. When he looks to score on that 2nd unit, it makes us harder to defend because teams are so used to Diaw wanting to pass versus shooting. What are your thoughts?

Jwash_1986
11-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Boris Diaw's aggressiveness or Patty's emergence as back-up PG? I'd say Diaw's aggressiveness. When he looks to score on that 2nd unit, it makes us harder to defend because teams are so used to Diaw wanting to pass versus shooting. What are your thoughts?
Have to say Diaw too cause he's more of a threat. I like Mills emergence but if Diaw keeps it up who can really stop that second unit? They could at least give a first unit some trouble on any given night, there that talented.

Matt194z
11-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Patty Mills filling the void of what was gone with neal leaving, the awkward point guard not point guard. Boris emergence is big too but also I think Belineli ballin in our system as fast as he is, i thought he would struggle a little bit

justinandimcool
11-18-2013, 04:20 PM
1. Diaw being awesome
2. Tim sucking
3. Kawhi still not being a big part of the offense
4. Patty being awesome
5. Tiago's effort

elemento
11-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Diaw's aggressiveness is not really a surprise when you see his contract situation. He is playing for a new contract. Mills has always been a good scorer and considering how SA doesn't have a unanimous backup PG, I'd say it's not a surprise either.

I am more surprise with Timmy's bad shape in the beginning of this season, but i don't think it lasts more than a few weeks.

ace3g
11-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Diaw's aggressiveness is not really a surprise when you see his contract situation. He is playing for a new contract. Mills has always been a good scorer and considering how SA doesn't have a unanimous backup PG, I'd say it's not a surprise either.

I am more surprise with Timmy's bad shape in the beginning of this season, but i don't think it lasts more than a few weeks.

Again I think this being a contract year is just a coincidence. He has had the same complaints before about being passive during a contract year; like Bruno first mentioned, this is all about how close he came to winning his first Championship. He fells if he adds just a few more plays here and there they could have won. That is all the motivation a player needs.

Mugen
11-18-2013, 04:37 PM
The fact that this contract year probably will be his last chance at a big payday doesn't hurt tbh.

hater
11-18-2013, 04:44 PM
nazi Pop banning Patty's towelwaving :cry

elemento
11-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Again I think this being a contract year is just a coincidence. He has had the same complaints before about being passive during a contract year; like Bruno first mentioned, this is all about how close he came to winning his first Championship. He fells if he adds just a few more plays here and there they could have won. That is all the motivation a player needs.

Well I hope you're right ace. And I hope that he keeps his aggressiveness until the playoffs.

But remember, Diaw is 31 y/o. He knows that it's the last chance to get his last fat contract in the NBA. Motivation helps no doubt, but so does money.

Dex
11-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Portland not sucking. :wow

timtonymanu
11-18-2013, 04:50 PM
If Diaw didn't play this aggressive on the FNT and only showed it in the NBA, then I would think he was playing for a contract.

I agree with ace3g. It's all motivation for a championship.

timtonymanu
11-18-2013, 05:05 PM
As far as teams go

Biggest Surprises - Portland, Philly, and Phoenix. Although Philly and Phoenix have started to slip lately.

Biggest Disappointments - Brooklyn, New York, Memphis

11-18-2013, 05:27 PM
As far as teams go

Biggest Surprises - Portland, Philly, and Phoenix. Although Philly and Phoenix have started to slip lately.

Biggest Disappointments - Brooklyn, New York, Memphis
Memphis isn't that big of a shock to me, but :lolBrooklyn

They're really stinking it up

ChumpDumper
11-18-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm surprised the Tim/Tiago frontline sucks so far.

Could just be the opponents they've faced.

hater
11-18-2013, 05:40 PM
dat brooklyn team will get it together somehow imo

it's dat NY team that is the laughingstock of the NBA :lmao

look_at_g_shred
11-18-2013, 05:44 PM
I've seen Diaw this year burn many of his defenders because they give him too much space at the top of the key. They think he's gonna pass. I really hope teams don't catch on...even if they do, Diaw has been looking good in the post.

Libri
11-18-2013, 06:13 PM
timvp going AWOL.

SpurSwag
11-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Honestly this might be a ridiculous claim but after watching his entire stint with the spurs and with this new found aggressiveness only backing my thinking, Boris really could be one of the most efficient inside players we've had in years. The guy just doesn't miss, and now that he's actually shooting people are starting to see his true value. The guy is maybe the best bargain in the league right now excluding rookie contracts

moisaenz
11-18-2013, 08:21 PM

Everyone knew their past coach was part of memphis success.

DJR210
11-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Biggest surprise? Spurs brought in another big who can't dunk..wait..

Seriously, it's been the fact that CoJo has been regulated to garbage time. Would not have expected that Patty jump out of the gates as the clear backup PG. Losing weight, and a new found commitment to defense will do that in a Pop system. I haven't seen someone get as many inbound steals (even with such a small sample size) since we had Robert Horry. Even when he's not getting the steal, he is annoying the fuck out of the other guard in the backcourt.

Don't be surprised tbh. Talent overload never works.

Maybe Koolaid_Fag can come in and share his thoughts about the supposed 03'-04' "Dream Team" of Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton..we all saw how that panned out.

wildcardX
11-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Have to say Diaw too cause he's more of a threat. I like Mills emergence but if Diaw keeps it up who can really stop that second unit? They could at least give a first unit some trouble on any given night, there that talented.

Now if one of the back up centers can improve as the season progresses, that second unit would really be tough.

Russ
11-18-2013, 09:41 PM
timvp going AWOL.

Pop ordered him to rest early in the year. :)

Holden_Caulfield
11-18-2013, 09:51 PM
i thought itd be kawhis breakout year :cry

Stabula
11-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Splitter playing harder than Duncan, Kawhi not being able to handle carrying more of an offensive load, and CoJo returning to d-league status.

Stabula
11-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Not surprised about Patty I always knew the guy had potential to be a really solid role player.

The Reckoning
11-18-2013, 11:16 PM
i wonder if losing the ship + winning in france is what finally made diaw a competitor

pjjrfan
11-18-2013, 11:33 PM
Diaws defense has also been pretty awesome.

look_at_g_shred
11-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Diaws defense has also been pretty awesome.
Yeah it really has! I think the combination of Diaw's and Patty's defense on the 2nd unit has allowed us to be great defensively this year so far.

Spanklin
11-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Popovich with zero innovation.
Popovich losing control of the team.
Fans thinking Kawhi is an offensive player.