PDA

View Full Version : Former Spur Jason Hart...traded to SAC?

Solid D
07-27-2005, 11:02 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/36804/20050727/bobcats_close_to_trading_hart_to_sacramento/

http://207.44.220.101/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/Hart_Jason_cha.jpg

Bobcats Close To Trading Hart To Sacramento
27th July, 2005 - 10:06 am
Charlotte Observer - Jason Hart looks like he is the odd man out at point guard for the Charlotte Bobcats .

The Bobcats are close to a deal that would move Hart to the Sacramento Kings for a future second-round pick, a team source confirmed Tuesday.

This move would free up a little over $3 million in capspace for the Bobcats over the next two years.

The Kings will use of their Traded Player Exceptions to acquire Hart.

If Hart were to stay in Charlotte he would likely be playing behind Raymond Felton, who the Bobcats selected 5th overall in last month's NBA Draft and Brevin Knight, who the team hopes to re-sign.

Solid D
07-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Looks like they are freeing up capspace for another FA.

sa_butta
07-27-2005, 11:07 AM
I miss that guy I thought he was a solid back-up. He played with alot of Hart (sorry couldnt resist).

ChumpDumper
07-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Handled the press about as badly as Beno.

Great transition defender.

Decent move for Sacto.

FromWayDowntown
07-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Hart is an effort guy and I admire that.

But he's got some serious flaws in his game. He's a horrendous shooter. He also has this penchant for overdribbling that lead to his seeing very little time against the Lakers in '04, particularly toward the end of that series. Too many times, Hart would keep dribbling, waiting to set the offense from the perfect starting point, instead of taking what was available and letting the offense work. With Hart on the floor, the Spurs had way too many instances of the offense starting with less than 10 seconds on the clock. I vividly recall several instances where Hart dribbled out possessions looking for the perfect pass, rather than trying to initiate and let things happen.

That, IMO, is why Hart isn't here, why the Spurs drafted Beno, and why Beno will be much, much better than Hart.

Still, getting a second round pick would have been nice.

Solid D
07-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Hart is an effort guy and I admire that.

With Hart on the floor, the Spurs had way too many instances of the offense starting with less than 10 seconds on the clock. I vividly recall several instances where Hart dribbled out possessions looking for the perfect pass, rather than trying to initiate and let things happen.

Good memory.

Accurate too!

ace3g
07-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Looks like they are freeing up capspace for another FA.

probably so they can resign gerald wallace without any trouble

spur219
07-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Hart plays hard every night. He had no chance at a starting spot in Charlotte not even a 2nd string position. Brevin Knight is a pure PG and he can really play.

Dex
07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
The guy has definitely got some kinks to work out of his game, but I think he shows the potential to be a very potent point gaurd in the league...if he can find the right team.

Right now, Knight and Felton have him stuck to the bench in Charlotte. Going to Sacramento, he'll still play behind Mike Bibby without a doubt, but he probably has a better shot of making the 2nd string for the Kings.

Considering the guy went from NBDL scrub when the Spurs signed him, to a gaurd who can average almost 10 points, 5 assists AND be 3rd in the league in Assists Per Turnover, I see why a lot of teams would like to have Jason Hart on their roster. Plus he has a great attitude and tremendous character to boot.

And that 15-assist game he dropped on New Jersey last year was pretty nice, too.

batman2883
07-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Hart played with a lot of determination and i liked him when he played for the Spurs, he deserves a legitimate shot somewhere in the league.

spurster
07-27-2005, 03:22 PM
It takes awhile to become a good PG in the NBA. With Charlotte not really going anywhere this year, why not keep him and let him improve?

Dex
07-27-2005, 03:28 PM
It takes awhile to become a good PG in the NBA. With Charlotte not really going anywhere this year, why not keep him and let him improve?

Because they've already established Brevin Knight as their starting point gaurd and seem to want to focus upon developing Raymond Felton, a One-gaurd whom they nabbed with their top-pick (5th) in this last draft.

If Hart stayed with the Bobcats, he'd be stuck as a backup backup by default, which wouldn't give him any room to grow. He'd be better off going somewhere he can get the playing time he needs to develop into the steady point gaurd that we, agreeingly, think he can be.

ducks
07-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Jason Hart: Obtained by Kings
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Update: The Kings acquired Hart from the Bobcats for a second-round draft pick, the Sacramento Bee reports.

Recommendation: Hart, who is expected to back up starting point guard Mike Bibby, owned the league's third-best assist/turnover ratio (3.6/1) with Charlotte last year while splitting time with Brevin Knight. He averaged a career-high 5.0 assists in 25.5 minutes per game, giving us an indication that he can provide some help in assists while playing short minutes.

Updated on Wednesday, Jul 27, 2005 3:10 pm EDT