PDA

View Full Version : degrees of separation with Tim Duncan

manubili
07-27-2005, 11:23 AM
I used to play with a friend, Martin, who used to play with Scola as teens, who played with Manu, who played with Tim Duncan!! That's 4 steps!!!

Ok, this is a dumb-ass topic... but there's almost nothing to talk about!

:elephant

Obi wan Ginobili
07-27-2005, 11:50 AM
I watch him play basketball about 60 times in person a year.

1 step.

ALVAREZ6
07-27-2005, 12:23 PM
I high-fived Tim, Manu, and the rest of the Spurs besides Rasho...he seemed shy or scared, wouldn't high five anyone.

I said Hi to Manu and he said hey back- .5 step.

GoSpurs21
07-27-2005, 12:28 PM
I watch him play basketball about 60 times in person a year.

1 step.you go to a lot of road games?

angel_luv
07-27-2005, 01:41 PM
I high-fived Tim, Manu, and the rest of the Spurs besides Rasho...he seemed shy or scared, wouldn't high five anyone.

You are also a member on manuginobili.com. You ought to get some points for that. = )

batman2883
07-27-2005, 01:55 PM

Thats because he's a wuss, just look at how he plays ball.

FromWayDowntown
07-27-2005, 02:05 PM
I played high school football with Priest Holmes, who plays in the NFL with Tony Gonzalez, who played college basketball with Sean Marks, who plays in the NBA with Tim Duncan. 4 steps.

FoxMulder
07-27-2005, 02:36 PM
I´ve got a TV where I can see TD play... 1 Step and 30000 miles...

:D

Summers
07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
I´ve got a TV where I can see TD play... 1 Step and 30000 miles...

:D

:lol 3000 miles or 50... It's all the same if you can't make it to the game.

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm married to Spursy who used to hand deliver Timmy's newspapers (NY Times, USA Today, SA Buisness Journal, Barrons, etc etc).= 2 steps

I'm married to Spursy who, a few years back, replaced a grill guard on a souped up black wrangler that Timmy owned.= 2 steps

Summers
07-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Can I touch Spursy? :lol It's a good thing I'm not married to him, because I'd probably find a way to get myself issued a restraining order...

ObiwanGinobili
07-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Can I touch Spursy? :lol It's a good thing I'm not married to him, because I'd probably find a way to get myself issued a restraining order...

:lmao
thank god your not married ot him casue we still have the gate code.

Summers
07-27-2005, 03:37 PM
:lmao
thank god your not married ot him casue we still have the gate code.

And where do you live? :lol

It's probably something easy to figure out isn't it? I used to know this woman who was obsessed with a band (a musical band) and all the guys lived in the same area and she was frighteningly good at figuring out gate codes, etc, just by trying birthdays and stuff like that. (I certainly don't condone stalking!) If I were famous, I think I'd come up with a number that would seem random to the public. Like "21". :lol Just kidding.

tekdragon
07-27-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm Tim Duncan's free-throw coach!

[wait, maybe I shouldn't announce that in public...]

FoxMulder
07-27-2005, 03:57 PM

You're commiting suicide my man....

:devil :p

angel_luv
07-27-2005, 03:58 PM

Step away from our MVP. :lol

Summers
07-27-2005, 03:58 PM

:lol

Obi wan Ginobili
07-27-2005, 04:03 PM
you go to a lot of road games?

they played 57 home games this year including pre season and playoffs.

I was also at McGrady's Miracle in Houston.

So I was at 58 or so...

thats... "about 60"

angel_luv
07-27-2005, 04:08 PM
You were at that Houston montrosity too?

That was my Christmas present. Guess Santa thought I had been a bad girl cause we sure got spanked! = (

ALVAREZ6
07-27-2005, 04:24 PM
I played high school football with Priest Holmes, who plays in the NFL with Tony Gonzalez, who played college basketball with Sean Marks, who plays in the NBA with Tim Duncan. 4 steps.
You played HS ball with Priest Holmes???

Tell me about that, that's awesome. What was he like back then?

ALVAREZ6
07-27-2005, 04:24 PM
You are also a member on manuginobili.com. You ought to get some points for that. = )
And he's responded to like 5 of my messages...

Vashner
07-27-2005, 04:26 PM
I sold David Robinson a tandon 486/33 with 16 megs or ram and also sold Shaq some marker pens in 1991 :)

samikeyp
07-27-2005, 07:41 PM
I have talked to Kori Ellis, Kori has talked to Tim Duncan.

2 steps. :spin

Dre_7
07-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Ive met Michael Finley who is coached by AJ, who played with Timmy on the 99 Championship team.

BAM!

Dre_7
07-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Ive met Michael Finley who is coached by AJ, who played with Timmy on the 99 Championship team.

BAM!

Ive also met Devin Harris (and other Badgers), who is also coached by AJ.

FromWayDowntown
07-27-2005, 10:47 PM
You played HS ball with Priest Holmes???

Tell me about that, that's awesome. What was he like back then?

What do you want to know? I don't know that what I know can be condensed to something that would fit in a thread. Dude is a wonderful running back, but is a great guy. That's enough for me.

milkyway21
07-28-2005, 01:38 AM

[wait, maybe I shouldn't announce that in public...]yeah! should have kept that to yourself:D

you're fired.

toosmallshoes
07-28-2005, 02:40 AM
one time the spurs airplane crashed and they all needed blood and I donated all the blood, so I'm, like, practically a spur.

MI21
07-28-2005, 03:37 AM
I know Austin Bruton, who is CJ Brutons brother, who played on the Australian National Basketball team with Shane Heal, who played for the San Antonio Spurs with Tim Duncan.

:lol

Notorious H.O.P.
07-28-2005, 04:02 AM
I've got some semi-old school connections to Tim.

I've spent hours talking to Sean and Avery because their women were always late picking them up at Incarnate Word gym where they used to practice. I used to have a pair of autographed Sean Elliott game shoes and my friend and I had to give Avery a ride home because his future wife (Cassandra?) couldn't pick him up one day. My friend and I would ask for Avery's shoes (especially since he wore our size) but he would always comment that he didn't make the same money the other guys made and he had to wear his shoes for several games.

We met and talked to David enough times that when we saw him at Mencius, he said "Oh no, here comes trouble" and waved us over to his table so he could introduce his wife.

On older notes, (pre-Tim), Willie Anderson gave us a ride home in his convertible one day and we met Terry Cummings so many times that when we saw him at North Star Mall, he dropped and shook his head when he saw us and called us over to introduce his wife and kids. Terry autographed some shoes for my friend and he later lent them to me when we went to play basketball and I only had dress shoes with me. It was a little difficult being a size 11 and playing in 15s. Good times.

At the time, we were autograph seekers and I had over half a Skybox set autographed, and seven autographed Hoops David Robinson rookie cards (the ones where he is wearing a suit and holding his jersey). Of course, like all youngsters with collections, at some point, my parents found the card stash and decided they needed the space for something like mittens or doillies (sp?) and moved the cards to a storage shed where the Skybox set was water damaged and five of the Hoops cards were mysteriously lost.