PDA

View Full Version : Any doctor ideas/referals

ErnestLynch
11-19-2013, 04:25 PM
I live in NE San Antonio and have about had it with my doctor. I've been seeing him for nearly 8 years when his practice was small and you could get in to see him that day or the next. NOW, it's always a week and by THAT time, whatever it was that you needed to see him for, is often, gone. I call him today, and he's a GP, the first day I can get in is next wednesday. Well, the problem is, okay...a little history...I'm nearly 60, smoked for close to 40 years...and I'm having these pains in my left arm ...potentially...heart attack symptoms. The appointment 'person' asks me what the problem is, I tell her...and she gives me this app for next week. So I tell her, I can't wait that long really. Sorry. So NOW...I guess I have to 'wait and see' and then if it gets worse head down to the ER where it will cost me a FORTUNE to see them because I'm self pay. For example, I had an allergic reaction to a medication and had to go to the ER and that was $2000. Now, I can PAY it if I have to go, but I'd really rather not be going to the ER for something I believe my PC physician should be able to see me right away for. If I'm having heart problems, the hospital is right across the street. Just give me a diagnosis, man. I've had EKG's there before. IMHO, the app person should know, and be able to say, come in right away. That's just me.

So...anyone have a doc they don't have to wait till they're well...or dead to see ? Or is that just a pipe dream, a thing of the past ? Even the next day would be acceptable but 8 days, is just not acceptable to me.

And the thing that PISSES me off, BTW, is I was one of his first patients when you could WALK in and see him.

cantthinkofanything
11-19-2013, 04:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BcMcpym.gif

DisAsTerBot
11-19-2013, 04:31 PM
find someone who can see you now (though at some point that doctor will also have a full schedule when it is not convenient for you) or go to the ER. Not sure what else you want to hear

I. Hustle
11-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Dr. Briones

In that shopping center by Sherlock's pub.

Creepn
11-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Can't go into a clinic, fill out a clipboard and wait about 45 minutes?

cantthinkofanything
11-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Find Dr. Who. Use his time machine to go back 40 years and not smoke.

ErnestLynch
11-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Dr. Briones

In that shopping center by Sherlock's pub.

lol...I'm sure you see him frequently. Most of the posters here probably need to see him. Frequently. BTW, has he helped you out at all ?

I. Hustle
11-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Find Dr. Who. Use his time machine to go back 40 years and not smoke.

Every now and then you actually have good ideas.

I. Hustle
11-19-2013, 04:45 PM
lol...I'm sure you see him frequently. Most of the posters here probably need to see him. Frequently. BTW, has he helped you out at all ?

I've gone to him occasionally and he has always been same day. The only thing you have to deal with is that he is very blunt.

ErnestLynch
11-19-2013, 05:09 PM
I've gone to him occasionally and he has always been same day. The only thing you have to deal with is that he is very blunt.

I suppose a lot of psychiatrists are. They have to be direct to help their patient.

Dr Briones works in the Offices of Psychology and Counseling that has been serving Alamo Heights, San Antonio and surrounding areas for more than 30 years

And with that, what I suspect about many of the Spurstalk posters has been confirmed. With that said, not judging you. Hope it's helping.

Wild Cobra's Surgeon
11-19-2013, 05:13 PM
I have an opening this Friday at 2:30

cantthinkofanything
11-19-2013, 05:16 PM
I have an opening this Friday at 2:30

in your butt

mrsmaalox
11-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Best doctor in the world, Dr. Geralde, he has fixed me a lot; he's a DO who practices integrative medicine. Has Stone Oak and Westover Hills locations. I've always gotten same day appts, but it might be different for new patients.

http://www.northhillsfamilymedicine.com/

Biernutz
11-20-2013, 12:17 AM
^ They are open on Saturday. Don't see that very often. Usually only the Med-Clinics are open.

ErnestLynch
11-20-2013, 02:09 AM
Hmmm...you know I might try a D.O. Best doctor in the world, eh. Hmmm..well I don't know how you resist THAT. My present quack was head of internal medicine at Walter Reed at one time. I've always been suspect of his ability. Fucking army doctors.

I. Hustle
11-20-2013, 08:37 AM
I suppose a lot of psychiatrists are. They have to be direct to help their patient.

And with that, what I suspect about many of the Spurstalk posters has been confirmed. With that said, not judging you. Hope it's helping.

That's Fermin. I was talking about Segundo. Different Briones.
I was sincerely trying to help lol