PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Why does Carmelo get a pass?

Michael Jordan.
11-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Considering he plays in NY, and none of the media outlets criticize his team killing ways and has only been out of the first round like 3 or 4 times?

Buddy Mignon
11-20-2013, 10:46 AM
For the same reason the media gave Jeffrey a pass for losing to the Pistons three years in a row. They elevate the stars... whether they've earned it or not.

Brazil
11-20-2013, 10:47 AM
cauz nobody gives a shit

Michael Jordan.
11-20-2013, 10:49 AM
For the same reason the media gave Jeffrey a pass for losing to the Pistons three years in a row. They elevate the stars... whether they've earned it or not.
No one elevated like 6-24

Spur-Addict
11-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Probably because the Knicks won their division for the first time in a million years, last year despite there being a 20 plus million dollar hole in the roster named Amare. Anytime a front office thinks Andrea Bargnani and Raymond Felton are apart of a winning recipe, it's doomed to fail. They also need a new head coach, not a defensive coordinator. I like Woodson, but there is too much leniency on the offensive end.

But, that doesn't absolve Melo although he is fairly clutch comparatively to the other so called closers. Fact is, teams with Melo need a veteran leader who can give meaningful minutes nightly like a Chauncey Billups in the Denver days, to guide the ship. Last year, that team, started out so well because of the great veteran presence on that roster. They did flame out because they were mostly TOSB's LOL.

He's a great player, but not all great players are meant to lead imo.

Leetonidas
11-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Because everyone knows he is a fake superstar. Plus look at the Knicks team, they're fucking garbage on paper and worse on the court tbh

Rogue
11-20-2013, 07:49 PM
NY aren't built to win games imho, they're meant to win fans and they've done great in that regard since the nets are still living in their shadow. They just want big names and they don't mind how much to pay, and they don't care if their expensive pieces can mesh up well together.

D-Wade
11-20-2013, 07:54 PM
He's a great scorer, one of the best of our generation, but not a leader. He just doesn't make people better and I think the league has accepted this. That said he doesn't get the calls that KD, Harden, Paul get tbh... It'll be even worse now that he told the truth. It's pretty crazy how much this dude gets fouled with no whistle and I'm not even fan. Then being the mentally weak person he is, he implodes.

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 08:17 PM
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Why does MJ get crowned GOAT, when he couldn't beat some of the best teams in NBA history? Did he ever beat the 6ers in the playoffs? How about the Celtics? No and hell no. He had father time on his side though. When all-time greats such as Magic, Bird, Dr. J, Zeke, or Cap got old - and the NBA expanded to T'Wolves, Heat, et al - that's when he finally won. Celtics used to push his shit in. Pistons used to kick his ass (literally). Lakers used to tap that ass albeit in the reg season because he wasn't good enough to get to the Finals in order to get his ass kicked. Yet he is crowned GOAT. I don't get that shit tbh.

SpurSwag
11-20-2013, 08:21 PM
He's a great scorer, one of the best of our generation, but not a leader. He just doesn't make people better and I think the league has accepted this. That said he doesn't get the calls that KD, Harden, Paul get tbh... It'll be even worse now that he told the truth. It's pretty crazy how much this dude gets fouled with no whistle and I'm not even fan. Then being the mentally weak person he is, he implodes.

So true, the guy definitely gets the least amount of calls of any superstar in the league today

AchillesHeel
11-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Melo is a good player, he's just in the wrong situation.

He can rebound and he can score from anywhere on the floor, he just doesn't get the calls that KD does.

Also, Melo vs KD H2H

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=duranke01

Holden_Caulfield
11-21-2013, 01:36 AM
because theyre not a contender, never was never will be.

Calispursfan11
11-21-2013, 01:46 AM
Carmella is considered by many to be the best scorer in the league. I think if she lost some weight she might actually be in that conversation.

HarlemHeat37
11-21-2013, 01:53 AM
He doesn't, tbh, he gets roasted all the time by the NY media, especially this season..

It also appears that Knicks fans are on the verge of turning on him, although they have much more severe problems than Carmelo(1. Woodson 2. JR Smith 3. Felton)..

Kool Bob Love
11-21-2013, 01:58 AM
^
Chris Smith.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1856791-jr-smiths-brother-chris-reportedly-has-knicks-roster-spot-investigated-by-nba

Jacob1983
11-21-2013, 02:14 AM
I think Carmelo has only been out of the first round twice. He went to the WCF with the Nuggets in 2009 and the 2nd round with the Knicks this year.

Buddy Mignon
11-21-2013, 02:27 AM
Melo is a good player, he's just in the wrong situation.

He can rebound and he can score from anywhere on the floor, he just doesn't get the calls that KD does.

Also, Melo vs KD H2H

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=duranke01

He gets beat up more than any player I've seen and the refs hold the whistle.

ambchang
11-21-2013, 09:57 PM
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Why does MJ get crowned GOAT, when he couldn't beat some of the best teams in NBA history? Did he ever beat the 6ers in the playoffs? How about the Celtics? No and hell no. He had father time on his side though. When all-time greats such as Magic, Bird, Dr. J, Zeke, or Cap got old - and the NBA expanded to T'Wolves, Heat, et al - that's when he finally won. Celtics used to push his shit in. Pistons used to kick his ass (literally). Lakers used to tap that ass albeit in the reg season because he wasn't good enough to get to the Finals in order to get his ass kicked. Yet he is crowned GOAT. I don't get that shit tbh.

That's like saying Kobe cannot beat Nash and the suns until he got old. While true, it means nothing.

Leetonidas
11-21-2013, 10:01 PM
That's like saying Kobe cannot beat Nash and the suns until he got old. While true, it means nothing.

Or that Shaq couldn't win rings til Jordan retired. Doesn't mean shit tbh obvious troll is obvious

Venti Quattro
11-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Because people who always get passes will never get a ring.

Koolaid_Man
11-21-2013, 10:05 PM

why are you on this dude's DICK so muthafucking HARD....you little BITCH

ambchang
11-21-2013, 10:45 PM
As for melo, he should be best used as a pistons era McGuire. He's not a guy to lead the team or design your offense around, but he is a guy you can go to if you need a bucket.