PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Who else hopes Melo goes to L.A?

Michael Jordan.
11-20-2013, 11:47 AM
5 years of chuck city.

Donkeybong
11-20-2013, 11:49 AM
only want him if we had phil. otherwise, fuck that

Katherine Robinson
11-20-2013, 11:51 AM
It would completely ruin the Laker's future for years to come.

Buddy Mignon
11-20-2013, 11:53 AM
I'd take him.

Splits
11-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Me

/thread

RsxPiimp
11-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Another over the hill player? why not :lol

spurraider21
11-20-2013, 01:17 PM
i'd be thrilled

Arnold Toht
11-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Irrelevant franchise

baseline bum
11-20-2013, 01:50 PM
I'd rather he stay in New York so that franchise never gets any better. LA's JV team is already pretty fucked and at this point, it would be diminishing returns to introduce more suckitude tbh.

DMC
11-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Given the choice, I'd rather see him keep sucking it up in NY. I don't want the Knicks to get better. West before East, even if it's the Lakers.

whitemamba
11-20-2013, 06:32 PM
not me tbh

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 06:56 PM
5 years of chuck city.

Bron didn't win shit until he colludedPERIOD. I'm just saying.

Leon Black
11-20-2013, 07:00 PM
It would completely ruin the Laker's future for years to come.

shut up faggot

Leon Black
11-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Given the choice, I'd rather see him keep sucking it up in NY. I don't want the Knicks to get better. West before East, even if it's the Lakers.

Get on your knees bitch

Leon Black
Melo would thrive in LA.

Michael Jordan.
Bron didn't win shit until he colludedPERIOD. I'm just saying.

Carmelo carried a team to the finals?

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Carmelo carried a team to the finals?
No, but his team wasn't nearly as stacked as the cHeat. Or are you saying Heat supporting cast = Knicks supporting cast?

LBJ had 2 of the best players in class of '03 flanking him to help him finally exercise his Celtic demons and ultimately winning it all. Clearly he couldn't do it by himself in Cleveland - although the roster was built around his talents (as evidenced by his b2b 60+ win seasons) - as we saw them Celtics tap that ass a few times.

Now, I haven't heard any inklings about players not wanting to play with Melo. If he comes to LA (where dozens of players have summer homes BTW), I could see FAs flocking to play with him as long as we have cap space.

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Melo would thrive in LA.

This. :tu

Michael Jordan.
11-20-2013, 07:15 PM
No, but his team wasn't nearly as stacked as the cHeat. Or are you saying Heat supporting cast = Knicks supporting cast?

LBJ had 2 of the best players in class of '03 flanking him to help him finally exercise his Celtic demons and ultimately winning it all. Clearly he couldn't do it by himself in Cleveland - although the roster was built around his talents (as evidenced by his b2b 60+ win seasons) - as we saw them Celtics tap that ass a few times.

Now, I haven't heard any inklings about players not wanting to play with Melo. If he comes to LA (where dozens of players have summer homes BTW), I could see FAs flocking to play with him as long as we have cap space.
So he didn't lead his original team to the finals like LeBron did?

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 07:20 PM
So he didn't lead his original team to the finals like LeBron did?
This again? OK, I'll play along.

The EC was weak in 2007. He led them to being swept in the Finals. Props, I guess. :wakeup

Michael Jordan.
11-20-2013, 07:23 PM
This again? OK, I'll play along.

The EC was weak in 2007. He led them to being swept in the Finals. Props, I guess. :wakeup

Bron beat the Pistons who came off two Finals appearances and ethered Kobe in the finals. Try again.

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Bron beat the Pistons who came off two Finals appearances and ethered Kobe in the finals. Try again.

2004 Pistons were 3 years older in 2007. Had Bron beat that team that whooped Shaq and Kobe, you'd have a point. As of now, I don't see it.

Michael Jordan.
11-20-2013, 07:29 PM
2004 Pistons were 3 years older in 2007. Had Bron beat that team that whooped Shaq and Kobe, you'd have a point. As of now, I don't see it.

Yet there were still in the ECF, and Bron beat them with Boobie Gibson

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Yet there were still in the ECF, and Bron beat them with Boobie Gibson

Moving goal posts, eh? :lol

If you want me to give Bron props for getting through a weak EC - only to get his shit pushed in at the Finals when he played a real team - :lolK.

Michael Jordan.
11-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Moving goal posts, eh? :lol

If you want me to give Bron props for getting through a weak EC - only to get his shit pushed in at the Finals when he played a real team - :lolK.
The Pistons took the Spurs to 7 games only 2 years prior. Bron beat that team by himself. Try again.

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 07:43 PM
The Pistons took the Spurs to 7 games only 2 years prior. Bron beat that team by himself. Try again.

You trying to prop up a Piston team that was not the same as the '04 one that shook up the world. You can't do it, although you are trying. The team was older, more wear and tear, Sheed's attitude - you name it - were all factors that lead to their demise. Bron just so happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Bron gets the calls MJ never got. Per Sheed, you can't say "boogety-boo" without it being called a foul. Then the LeRefs won't call fouls on him as noted in this article (http://www.emptythebench.com/2010/01/26/lebron-james-fouls/) . So in essence, you can't touch Bron, but he can be aggressive as fuck with players trying to guard him. He's skilled already - how much more help does he need? That article provides the blueprint of why Bron appears to be better than he actually is. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but he's protectedPERIOD.

RsxPiimp
11-20-2013, 07:46 PM
Stephen A just said Melo will leave the Knicks....interesting.:wow

RsxPiimp
11-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Assuming it's true.

Melo, Kobe and who else? Rondo? K. Love?

Michael Jordan.
11-20-2013, 07:51 PM
You trying to prop up a Piston team that was not the same as the '04 one that shook up the world. You can't do it, although you are trying. The team was older, more wear and tear, Sheed's attitude - you name it - were all factors that lead to their demise. Bron just so happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Bron gets the calls MJ never got. Per Sheed, you can't say "boogety-boo" without it being called a foul. Then the LeRefs won't call fouls on him as noted in this article (http://www.emptythebench.com/2010/01/26/lebron-james-fouls/) . So in essence, you can't touch Bron, but he can be aggressive as fuck with players trying to guard him. He's skilled already - how much more help does he need? That article provides the blueprint of why Bron appears to be better than he actually is. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but he's protectedPERIOD.
The Pistons were a Horry shot away from going up 3-2 against the Spurs the very next year. You look stupid.

q2v3fji29VE

:lmao Bron gets hammered in the paint, barely getting any calls just like in last year's finals.

SpurSwag
11-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Even though he's a black hole who doesn't really defend all that well, I actually really want to see him bring a championship to New York. Part of that is I live very close to the city, but I've always said that if the spurs weren't winning it id want to see the Knicks do it.

Hopefully he he stays put, the horrible contracts expire, they get another star, and win a championship after Duncan and Manu have retired

SpurSwag
11-20-2013, 07:57 PM
I actually do feel bad for melo though, this teams mediocrity really isn't his fault. Amare is the definition of washed up, bargnani just can't play meaningful minutes for a championship team, they lost all the shooting that made them so lethal last year, and their guard play is pretty inconsistent. It's really become melo drops 30+ or loss

Michael Jordan.
11-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Assuming it's true.

Melo, Kobe and who else? Rondo? K. Love?
:lol there's only 1 ball. And Kobe and Melo would eat up most of the cap.

HI-FI
This. :tu

:rollin
now you're just grasping at straws.

Michael Jordan.
I actually do feel bad for melo though, this teams mediocrity really isn't his fault. Amare is the definition of washed up, bargnani just can't play meaningful minutes for a championship team, they lost all the shooting that made them so lethal last year, and their guard play is pretty inconsistent. It's really become melo drops 30+ or loss
Fuck Melo. He demanded a trade knowing half the team would not be there, when he could have just waited for the summer.

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 08:00 PM
The Pistons were a Horry shot away from going up 3-2 against the Spurs the very next year. You look stupid.

q2v3fji29VE

:lmao Bron gets hammered in the paint, barely getting any calls just like in last year's finals.
Retroactive cherry picking. Cute. We all know that Bron gets calls. What you dug deep to research doesn't tell the whole story. No one in their right mind (who isn't trolling) will say with a straight face that Bron doesn't get calls. Kobe has gotten beaten up over the years too. I don't have to post a YouTube to prove it. You're reaching, deflecting, and moving goal posts. SMH

Fact is, if Pop didn't fuck up, LeBron is 1-3 in the Finals. Top 5 player all-time my ass.

Rogue
11-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Melo and the Knicks team make a wonderful marriage and I don't see why he should leave. Neither Melo nor the team cares about anything but $ so the foundation of their marriage is still solid enough, despite how the team plays imho

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Fuck Melo. He demanded a trade knowing half the team would not be there, when he could have just waited for the summer.
This is the truth. Had he waited, they'd be stacked right now.

Michael Jordan.
11-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Retroactive cherry picking. Cute. We all know that Bron gets calls. What you dug deep to research doesn't tell the whole story. No one in their right mind (who isn't trolling) will say with a straight face that Bron doesn't get calls. Kobe has gotten beaten up over the years too. I don't have to post a YouTube to prove it. You're reaching, deflecting, and moving goal posts. SMH

Fact is, if Pop didn't fuck up, LeBron is 1-3 in the Finals. Top 5 player all-time my ass.

And if Perkins didn't go down, would Kobe have won?

If Artest didn't rebound the airball, what would have happened?

If Courtney Lee didn't miss the game winner?

See where dealing in hypotheticals gets you?

HI-FI
11-20-2013, 08:09 PM
MJ just bitchslapping LkrFan around at this point. Predictable, but it never gets boring.

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 08:09 PM
And if Perkins didn't go down, would Kobe have won?

If Artest didn't rebound the airball, what would have happened?

If Courtney Lee didn't miss the game winner?

See where dealing in hypotheticals gets you?

:lol - point taken. Pop still fucked up though. Royally. :elephant

SpurSwag
11-20-2013, 08:10 PM

I don't remember the situation completely but didn't the team trade him because he was going to leave in the summer? And yeah the trade might have decimated the team but he was still banking on a healthy stoudemire and Billups who came along top. Even when he came the team had talent, it's just all fallen apart

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 08:10 PM
MJ just bitchslapping LkrFan around at this point. Predictable, but it never gets boring.

HI-FAG with the popcorn eating, sitting on the sideline bads per par, tbqh, fwiw. :lol

Michael Jordan.
11-20-2013, 08:13 PM
I don't remember the situation completely but didn't the team trade him because he was going to leave in the summer? And yeah the trade might have decimated the team but he was still banking on a healthy stoudemire and Billups who came along top. Even when he came the team had talent, it's just all fallen apart

He had an opt out clause if I remember. He demanded to go to two teams, the Nets and Knicks. He could have just opted out and gone to NY in the summer, but he wanted his money.

HI-FI
11-20-2013, 08:14 PM
HI-FAG with the popcorn eating, sitting on the sideline bads per par, tbqh, fwiw. :lol

:lol
least you admitted Pop fucked things up, next you might admit Ginobili sucked as well. +16 points
LkrFag emerging out of the burrito, showing a new take on life, good stuff.

SpurSwag
11-20-2013, 08:19 PM
He had an opt out clause if I remember. He demanded to go to two teams, the Nets and Knicks. He could have just opted out and gone to NY in the summer, but he wanted his money.

Right but also the Knicks were gonna trade him any way if they knew he was gonna bolt, right?

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 08:19 PM
least you admitted Pop fucked things up, next you might admit Ginobili sucked as well. +16 points
LkrFag emerging out of the burrito, showing a new take on life, good stuff.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScIQ958BsoVA4eEu8EYvIjex1yy2nWE iDAGpqcUhxR7NA3dePXv9Zvy7c

Michael Jordan.
11-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Right but also the Knicks were gonna trade him any way if they knew he was gonna bolt, right?

The Nuggets were, but Carmelo had the leverage of going to the team he wanted.

SpurSwag
11-20-2013, 08:29 PM
The Nuggets were, but Carmelo had the leverage of going to the team he wanted.

What I'm trying to say though is that the team being gutted isn't necessarily his fault, I mean yeah he wasn't gonna be traded had he not made it clear he was gonna leave but that was the deal the nuggets and Knicks made, I don't think melo had any say in gutting the Knicks of all their talent