PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Paul George making his early MVP case vs. Knicks

Killakobe81
11-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Great all-around game tonight ...
LOL Knicks except Melo...

romsey31
11-20-2013, 10:01 PM
Paul George is a monster. Must suck to be a Knick fan. First Reggie now paul George.

Killakobe81
11-20-2013, 10:04 PM
I would still vote LeBron but PG is making a case ...

TheCultOfPersonality
11-20-2013, 10:07 PM
He definitely deserves to be in the conversation.

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Meh - gotta see him do that to the Kang in the offs.

Clipper Nation
11-20-2013, 10:35 PM
CP3 made a nice early case for himself tonight too, tbh.... 16 points in the 4th quarter to beat a really good Wolves team on the road, and broke Magic's record for consecutive double-doubles to start a season....

Venti Quattro
11-20-2013, 10:36 PM
The trophy nowadays is being in the conversation because we all know LeBron's winning it.

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 10:37 PM
CP3 made a nice early case for himself tonight too, tbh.... 16 points in the 4th quarter to beat a really good Wolves team on the road, and broke Magic's record for consecutive double-doubles to start a season....
:lmao -15,000 points for putting CPFlop and Magic in the same sentence tbh. SMH

Clipper Nation
11-20-2013, 10:39 PM
:lmao -15,000 points for putting CPFlop and Magic in the same sentence tbh. SMH
From yesterday:

:downspin:

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 10:44 PM
From yesterday:

Magic is an attention whore at this point - all on twitter and shit. He's an old G. He should be laying in the cut chilling. Instead, he wants to stay in the limelight.

Point deduction stands. :downspin:

Clipper Nation
11-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Magic is an attention whore at this point - all on twitter and shit. He's an old G. He should be laying in the cut chilling. Instead, he wants to stay in the limelight.
-8000 points for still being salty that your boy got "the Magic," tbh:

http://daniwao.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/kobemagicsicover.jpg

No wonder Kirby had to "jerk off after she left" :lol

scanry
11-20-2013, 10:48 PM
CN going ham.

LkrFan
11-20-2013, 10:52 PM
-8000 points for still being salty that your boy got "the Magic," tbh:

http://daniwao.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/kobemagicsicover.jpg

No wonder Kirby had to "jerk off after she left" :lol

SMH :rollin :lmao :rollin

Venti Quattro
11-20-2013, 10:53 PM
CN going ham.

Too easy tbh. More like LF went full retard per par

BatManu20
11-20-2013, 10:54 PM
The trophy nowadays is being in the conversation because we all know LeBron's winning it.

scanry
11-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Lebron could actually tie MJ in Reg season MVPs at the age of 29. :wow

Calispursfan11
11-20-2013, 11:33 PM
The Knicks r just bad dude. You don't need to be an MVP to dominate them. That is all.

lefty
11-20-2013, 11:35 PM
From yesterday:

Magic sucking dicks via Twitter now
He's done it every which way

DMC
11-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Paul George is legit. The more he's told that, the better he's going to be.

DMC
11-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Magic sucking dicks via Twitter now
He's done it every which way

It's an obscure record no one gives a shit about.

ambchang
11-21-2013, 10:14 AM
George is doing great, but nobody makes a case for the MVP playing against the Knicks.

Killakobe81
11-21-2013, 11:08 AM
George is doing great, but nobody makes a case for the MVP playing against the Knicks.

Wrong. maybe smart people would not, but we know MVP voters until recently have been easily swayed by hype or sentiment ...
National TV game.
At MSG, which STILL has some mystique ... especially with the media.
Stepping up with ESPN showing the contrast of his 4th quarter and OT scoring vs. Melo's will also feed that hype
For stat heads... it wont matter who they played it all goes in to the same bucket ...

ambchang
11-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Wrong. maybe smart people would not, but we know MVP voters until recently have been easily swayed by hype or sentiment ...
National TV game.
At MSG, which STILL has some mystique ... especially with the media.
Stepping up with ESPN showing the contrast of his 4th quarter and OT scoring vs. Melo's will also feed that hype
For stat heads... it wont matter who they played it all goes in to the same bucket ...

The Knicks really suck this year (so far), and I'd really be shocked if somebody voted George over Lebron because George played a better game vs. the Knicks in November, or voted George over anyone for that reason.

At the end of the day, team success (against expectations) and offensive production has a much more profound impact on whether someone did well in an early season game vs. a crappy (but prominent) team.

Killakobe81
11-21-2013, 12:32 PM
The Knicks really suck this year (so far), and I'd really be shocked if somebody voted George over Lebron because George played a better game vs. the Knicks in November, or voted George over anyone for that reason.

At the end of the day, team success (against expectations) and offensive production has a much more profound impact on whether someone did well in an early season game vs. a crappy (but prominent) team.

I never said that. It was one game. what I said he is making a early "case". I am also now saying that the fact it was the Knicks is less important than the stage (ESPN) setting (MSG) and his performance. ...if you watched the game. Not only did he score, but the way he scores and took over that game was impressive. If your read further, I said I would vote for Lebron. i also mentioned my lack of faith in voters, especially since we have seen "voter fatigue" in the MVP process ...with Jordan..

amb, you think anyone considering MVP ...are gonna say well his season high came against the Knicks so no vote?!

Killakobe81
11-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Oh and from Chris Ryan of Grantland Excerpt from a Story called "coffee are for closers" For full story click here: (http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/83332/nba-shootaround-coffee-is-for-closers)

Is Paul George the third-best player in the NBA right now? Did Paul George walk into Madison Square Garden and guard the Knicks' best player (both on the perimeter and in the post)? Did he match Carmelo's 30-point night with a 35-point turn of his own? Did he go into the visitors' locker room, see a glass case marked "Break in Case of Fourth-Quarter Emergency," think about the people who had came before him who had broken things at Madison Square Garden, laugh, shatter it, and score 12 in the final period of regulation and 13 of the Pacers' final 18, including three free throws to send the game into overtime? Did he punch Shump's layup off the backboard? Did he walk off the court like the legend in the making that he is and get dap from celebrities in the making like A$AP Rocky?

Is someone being called possibly the third best player NOT a MVP candidate? never said he would win.

ambchang
11-21-2013, 01:41 PM
I never said that. It was one game. what I said he is making a early "case". I am also now saying that the fact it was the Knicks is less important than the stage (ESPN) setting (MSG) and his performance. ...if you watched the game. Not only did he score, but the way he scores and took over that game was impressive. If your read further, I said I would vote for Lebron. i also mentioned my lack of faith in voters, especially since we have seen "voter fatigue" in the MVP process ...with Jordan..

amb, you think anyone considering MVP ...are gonna say well his season high came against the Knicks so no vote?!

Oh, nobody is going to do that, I am just saying that the game shouldn't sway voters one way or another in a vacuum. Any reasonable voters shouldn't look at a mid November game against one of the worst/most under-performing team in the league and say he is making a strong case for MVP.

Whether that is actually the case is something else, and I yes, I agree that MVP voting has become an issue, though DPoY, CoY, and defensive teams are bigger problems.

ambchang
11-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Oh and from Chris Ryan of Grantland Excerpt from a Story called "coffee are for closers" For full story click here: (http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/83332/nba-shootaround-coffee-is-for-closers)

Is Paul George the third-best player in the NBA right now? Did Paul George walk into Madison Square Garden and guard the Knicks' best player (both on the perimeter and in the post)? Did he match Carmelo's 30-point night with a 35-point turn of his own? Did he go into the visitors' locker room, see a glass case marked "Break in Case of Fourth-Quarter Emergency," think about the people who had came before him who had broken things at Madison Square Garden, laugh, shatter it, and score 12 in the final period of regulation and 13 of the Pacers' final 18, including three free throws to send the game into overtime? Did he punch Shump's layup off the backboard? Did he walk off the court like the legend in the making that he is and get dap from celebrities in the making like A$AP Rocky?

Is someone being called possibly the third best player NOT a MVP candidate? never said he would win.

The way I read it, he didn't say George was the 3rd best player in the NBA because of that game, but rather that game was a demonstration of why he is the 3rd best player in the game.

Killakobe81
11-21-2013, 01:54 PM
The way I read it, he didn't say George was the 3rd best player in the NBA because of that game, but rather that game was a demonstration of why he is the 3rd best player in the game.

Absolutely. It was just like he came to a conclusion ...for example someone one here mentioned (pre-season) PG was already a superstar (it was a Laker fan) ...I said, No. Not yet. That kind of game even vs. the knicks could open some folks eyes ...that was ll I am saying. And MVP campaigns are built over signature moments I thought it was one ...

TDMVPDPOY
11-21-2013, 02:09 PM
paul george candidacy for mvp....has more credibility that that fake ass hero 2 seasons in a row by parker...coat riders have no business being mention in any award....

Captivus
11-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Its close, but Lebron is ahead.

Per 36...
I would also add Kevin Love (25,4/13,3/4,8) and Anthony Davis (21,3/11/4,1Blocks/1,9Steals).
What about Cousins! (26/12/1,6 Blocks/2,2 Steals)

Spurs da champs
11-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Is Kevin Durant really number 2?...because Paul George overall appears to be the better player.