PDA

View Full Version : Voskhul to the Bobcats??

batman2883
07-27-2005, 03:28 PM
I just read up on ESPN.com that the Suns have just shipped Voskhul to the Bobcats to clear up some space, i guess they are seriously going to match the offer for JJ>

Kori Ellis
07-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Team clears $1.875 million for Johnson

Associated Press

The Phoenix Suns continue to position themselves to match an expected five-year, $70 million dollar offer sheet from the Atlanta Hawks for Joe Johnson.

On Wednesday the Suns agreed to send center Jake Voskuhl to the Charlotte Bobcats for a conditional second round pick, a Suns team souce said.

The move clears $1.875 million off the cap for Phoenix. Suns owner Robert Sarver has charged Suns managment with finding a way to match Johnson's offer without incurring the luxury tax next season.

According to the same Suns source, the team still intends to match any offer for Johnson.

This move combined with the new amnesty clause (Phoenix plans to ask for relief from Howard Eisley's contract) should do the trick.

Dex
07-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Yay. Two less games a year we'll have to look at that guy's ugly mug celebrating on the sidelines. :lol

Still holding a grudge from Game 4 of 2003? You bet I am. :spin

Taco
07-27-2005, 03:37 PM
I think they didn't like his hair :lol

Kori Ellis
07-27-2005, 03:39 PM
This move combined with the new amnesty clause (Phoenix plans to ask for relief from Howard Eisley's contract) should do the trick.

I didn't know they were planning on using amnesty on Eisley. He should get snatched up by one of the younger teams looking for a vet.

T Park
07-27-2005, 03:39 PM
If your the bobcats the obvious question is.

WHY!!!!

May, Brezec, Okafor?!?!?!?!

Good lord guys, Id rather go get Kevin WIllis before that white stiff.

Yikes.

ducks
07-27-2005, 03:40 PM
suns owner is much cheaper then holt

Dex
07-27-2005, 03:50 PM
I think the Bobcats just felt like doing SOMETHING during this offseason. :lmao

Way to waste a pawn, guys.

midgetonadonkey
07-27-2005, 03:54 PM
How do they expect to not pay any luxury tax next season if they match J.J's offer? They will have JJ, Amare, and Marion at the max and Nash pretty damn close to it. They have to expect to pay some luxury tax if they want to get some decent players to back these guys up.

Kori Ellis
07-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Vokshul averaged 7 and 5 in 2003-04. He's not that bad to pickup for cheap as your fifth big. They have to fill out their roster, I don't see what's so bad about it. They are going to pick up a lot of guys with just one year on their contracts.

picnroll
07-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Suns' bigs, short of signing vet minimum players, consist of Stoudamire, Thomas and Marion, if you want to call him a big.

jcrod
07-27-2005, 04:03 PM
I didn't know they were planning on using amnesty on Eisley. He should get snatched up by one of the younger teams looking for a vet.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Eisley was released as soon as he got to PHX last yr. Then Utah picked him up to finish the season.

Dex
07-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Vokshul averaged 7 and 5 in 2003-04. He's not that bad to pickup for cheap as your fifth big. They have to fill out their roster, I don't see what's so bad about it. They are going to pick up a lot of guys with just one year on their contracts.

Eh, as a fifth bigman, I suppose you're right. Number-wise, he's not that different from Massenburg or Marks.

I still just stick with my original sentiment.

Still holding a grudge from Game 4 of 2003? You bet I am.

ducks
07-27-2005, 04:08 PM
suns should have kepted him
this is a dump move on their part

Kori Ellis
07-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but Eisley was released as soon as he got to PHX last yr. Then Utah picked him up to finish the season.

Yes, but for some reason, he has money still on Phoenix' books for next year. I'm assuming there was something weird on his contract. He's an unrestricted free agent right now.

batman2883
07-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Kori what do i gotta do to get a spur under my name?

Kori Ellis
07-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Message timvp and tell him to change "Lottery Pick" under your name to something else and see if he'll give you a Spur.

batman2883
07-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Thank you very much

BillsCarnage
07-27-2005, 04:55 PM
How do they expect to not pay any luxury tax next season if they match J.J's offer? They will have JJ, Amare, and Marion at the max and Nash pretty damn close to it. They have to expect to pay some luxury tax if they want to get some decent players to back these guys up.

No one here seems to realize that Amare's max won't kick in until 06/07. It's an extension, not a new contract. With Voshkul and Eisleys contract subtracted the Suns are at @ $36mil towards the lux tax ($61mil). JoJo will add $20mil and that'll leave them @ $5mil to fill four roster spots.

Quote:Originally Posted by jcrod

Yes, but for some reason, he has money still on Phoenix' books for next year. I'm assuming there was something weird on his contract. He's an unrestricted free agent right now.

I don't know if it was guaranteed or because they released him, but it's counted for salary this whole time. He's still counting @ $6mil towards the Suns cap.

. :fro

BillsCarnage
07-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Yay. Two less games a year we'll have to look at that guy's ugly mug celebrating on the sidelines. :lol

Still holding a grudge from Game 4 of 2003? You bet I am. :spin

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/pics/0727jake.jpg

:smokin

T Park
07-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Still holding a grudge from Game 4 of 2003? You bet I am.

Yeah but who held scoreboard overall.

Thanks.....