PDA

View Full Version : Where does the 30 sec 4th qtr gm 6 collapse rank in history of in-game NBA collapses?

hater
11-21-2013, 04:16 PM
IMO #1 and it's not even close or are there worst collapses in history? I can't think of any worse when the stakes were as high?

Remember 28 seconds to go. Pop even takes out Duncan, Spurs players were celebrating the title on the bench giving Duncan high 5s. And even Blair stood up and hughed Timmy, he says somethign like "we did it Timmy!". Timmy had the look, "my 5th championship. We won!" :cry

:cry the time has come to start dealing with this :cry

spurraider21
11-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Easily #6

Ditty
It's up there with the Bill Buckner ground ball through his legs, and Nelson Cruz underplaying a a fly ball that would of won the world series for the Rangers. It is what is is though. Move on, one day(hopefully soon) we will it again.

Amuseddaysleeper
#1 in basketball history

Baam
11-21-2013, 04:28 PM
It's number one in sports bar none, not only the NBA.

Two top ten players, 4 fmvp, best game of the series watched by millions of people (the one time everyone watched the Spurs basically), LeBron on the brink of 1-3 finals record with two losses to Tim would have prevented him to pass him all time... 1 chance out of 100 to lose and Pop made it happen by benching the guy who gave him everything he has... Nothing comes close... The historical impact is unmatched by the other epic choke jobs...

baseline bum
11-21-2013, 04:32 PM
It's up there with the Bill Buckner ground ball through his legs, and Nelson Cruz underplaying a a fly ball that would of won the world series for the Rangers. It is what is is though. Move on, one day(hopefully soon) we will it again.

Buckner gets too much crap for that. It was Calvin Schiraldi who blew Boston's World Series. Game was already tied when the ball went through Buckner's legs.

TXstbobcat
11-21-2013, 04:43 PM
It's the worst loss that I have ever experienced as a sports fan. The collapse to OKC the year before in the WCF was hard for me to take as I had scheduled the week off to go to San Antonio for games 1 and 2 of the finals.

RD2191
11-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Most def number 1

RD2191
11-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Had a poll on this in the club:lol

timtonymanu
11-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Tbh, I didn't feel safe with the lead because the Heat are good at making comebacks so I wasn't celebrating anything at the time. I was just hoping the Spurs wouldn't blow the lead again which led to another meltdowm.

I was more pissed they blew the doublr digit lead to start the 4th.

elmanutres
11-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Give me a break. Game 6 was exactly the same as the rangers collapse in 2011. Rangers were like 1 pitch away from winning it all and freese just like ray Allen hit the ball. Rangers didn't win in game 7. Exactly like the spurs. Spurs loss is one of the worse but nothing beats the yanks meltdown in 04. The guys have a superstition on their side and still lost up a confortable 3-0 lead

spurs10
11-21-2013, 05:23 PM
The surprising thing in game 6 was our comeback after giving up the lead. It wasn't like Miami didn't have a lot of momentum. That being said it's by far the most disappointing loss in my life. Ray Allen traveled and stepped out of bounds on the previous play. Volume wise it wasn't quite as bad officiating as game 6 with OKC, but the impact of the missed calls had a much worse impact. Revenge!!

hater
11-21-2013, 05:23 PM
wow we actually led by 5 with 28 secs left. not 6. my bad.

this is how it played out tbh:
1) Parker makes a stepback 3 to tie the game with 1:27 left
2) Parker makes an incredible turnaround shot to put spurs up 2 with 58 secs left
3) Lebron turns it over, Kawhi steals and Manu is fouled
4) Manu makes both his FTs to put Spurs up 4
5) Lebron turns it over and Manu is fouled

Here is where the choke happenened:
4) Manu misses 1 of his FTs :pctoss Spurs lead by 5 with 28 secs left
5) Duncan is substituted by Diaw :pctoss and congratulated for the championship by the Spurs. Spurs win their 5th. They start preparing the podium.
6) Lebron misses a 3pt but Spurs fail to rebound :pctoss and Mike fucking Miller rebounds and passes to Lebron for 3 and puts Miami down 2 with 20 secs left
7) Duncan comes back :lol Leonard is fouled and misses 1 of his FTs :pctoss Spurs lead by 3 19 secs left
8) Duncan is AGAIN substituted by Diaw :pctoss :pctoss this time he is not congratulated for the championship by his teammates
9) Lebron misses another 3pt BUT SPURS AGAIN FAIL TO REBOUND :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss. Bosh rebounds and passes to Allen for the tying 3
10) Spurs have 5 seconds to score and miss all the plays force Parker to shoot a fadeaway jumper :pctoss

THE RECIPE FOR AN EPIC COLLAPSE

spurs10
11-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Tbh, I didn't feel safe with the lead because the Heat are good at making comebacks so I wasn't celebrating anything at the time. I was just hoping the Spurs wouldn't blow the lead again which led to another meltdowm.

I was more pissed they blew the doublr digit lead to start the 4th. This....

justinandimcool
11-21-2013, 05:25 PM
#1 and it's not even disputable. THE YELLOW TAPE AND SECURITY GUARDS WERE THERE, THE TROPHY WAS AT THE TUNNEL.

hater
11-21-2013, 05:27 PM
can someone please explain to me why you take out your best defensive BIG AND WHO IS 14 TIME ALL NBA DEFESE in the 2 biggest defensive plays in FRANCHISE HISTORY??????

I smell a rat tbh

14 TIME ALL NBA DEFENSE!!! and he was on the bench! not once, but 2 times!

DesignatedT
11-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Just depends how you are looking at it. Obviously it's #1 because it happened on such a huge stage (nba finals)

There's other instances that are actually much bigger collapses (13 pts in 35 sec) but it was a meaningless game.

hater
11-21-2013, 05:36 PM
more than 13,000 rebounds, out of those 10,000 DEFENSIVE BOARDS!

and he was on the bench!

he is about to pass Hakeem for #12 in most rebounds in history and motherfucker was on the bench!

hater
11-21-2013, 05:43 PM
even little league coaches say when leading the game with seconds left "REBOUND, most important thing.... REBOUND THE BALL"

so what does Pop do? "GUYS most important thing REBOUND, REBOUND THE BALL. whatever you do REBOUND THE BALL. btw, Duncan, you are sitting this one out,"

r u kidding me?

TXstbobcat
11-21-2013, 05:46 PM
When the spurs swept Memphis to get to the finals, I was so excited. I flew to Miami for game 2 and to San Antonio for game 5 of the finals. I felt it would be my last chance to see the Duncan era spurs in the finals.

Can they get back to the finals one more time before Tim retires??

11-21-2013, 06:19 PM
wow we actually led by 5 with 28 secs left. not 6. my bad.

this is how it played out tbh:
1) Parker makes a stepback 3 to tie the game with 1:27 left
2) Parker makes an incredible turnaround shot to put spurs up 2 with 58 secs left
3) Lebron turns it over, Kawhi steals and Manu is fouled
4) Manu makes both his FTs to put Spurs up 4
5) Lebron turns it over and Manu is fouled

Here is where the choke happenened:
4) Manu misses 1 of his FTs :pctoss Spurs lead by 5 with 28 secs left
5) Duncan is substituted by Diaw :pctoss and congratulated for the championship by the Spurs. Spurs win their 5th. They start preparing the podium.
6) Lebron misses a 3pt but Spurs fail to rebound :pctoss and Mike fucking Miller rebounds and passes to Lebron for 3 and puts Miami down 2 with 20 secs left
7) Duncan comes back :lol Leonard is fouled and misses 1 of his FTs :pctoss Spurs lead by 3 19 secs left
8) Duncan is AGAIN substituted by Diaw :pctoss :pctoss this time he is not congratulated for the championship by his teammates
9) Lebron misses another 3pt BUT SPURS AGAIN FAIL TO REBOUND :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss. Bosh rebounds and passes to Allen for the tying 3
10) Spurs have 5 seconds to score and miss all the plays force Parker to shoot a fadeaway jumper :pctoss

THE RECIPE FOR AN EPIC COLLAPSE
Thanks for the breakdown. I never realized he was subbed out the first time when Bron got the second chance three. I know the method of subbing Tim normally works but Pop should have kept him in the second time if it didn't work the first time. My jimmies are rustled.

11-21-2013, 06:22 PM
even little league coaches say when leading the game with seconds left "REBOUND, most important thing.... REBOUND THE BALL"

so what does Pop do? "GUYS most important thing REBOUND, REBOUND THE BALL. whatever you do REBOUND THE BALL. btw, Duncan, you are sitting this one out,"

r u kidding me?
Pops goal wasn't the rebound though, it was to run the Heat off of the three. Nobody stuck to their man and Ray got open. I don't know who was guarding Ray but he's an idiot.

hater
11-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Pops goal wasn't the rebound though, it was to run the Heat off of the three. Nobody stuck to their man and Ray got open. I don't know who was guarding Ray but he's an idiot.

It was Parker I think but I disagree. you can't seriously fault the defender when the rebound was missed by your fontline. remember it was not a long rebound, it was a short rebound and all our frontline had to do is BOX OUT. they failed miserably and if the ball is passed outside, it's very hard for the defender to then run to the shooter in a controlled manner as not to foul.

DMC
11-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Get over it.

11-21-2013, 06:49 PM
It was Parker I think but I disagree. you can't seriously fault the defender when the rebound was missed by your fontline. remember it was not a long rebound, it was a short rebound and all our frontline had to do is BOX OUT. they failed miserably and if the ball is passed outside, it's very hard for the defender to then run to the shooter in a controlled manner as not to foul.
Exactly. So in essence, going small did work. They contested the three ball but failed miserably getting the rebound. It was like in baseball when three people go for a ball and in the end, no one gets it.

ElNono
11-21-2013, 07:03 PM
It's just rare to see such an even series... Probably the closest recently would be the 2010 Finals, with the Celtics leading through 3 quarters on game 7, only to collapse in the 4th.. the game Kirby scored 23 pts with only 6 makes (AKA 6-24 game).

lefty
11-21-2013, 07:08 PM
http://cjzero.com/gifs/TMacMillsDuncanHug.gif

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1009195/rocketsoy0.gif

hater
11-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Exactly. So in essence, going small did work. They contested the three ball but failed miserably getting the rebound. It was like in baseball when three people go for a ball and in the end, no one gets it.

exactly. how in the hell did "it work"?? we failed to rebound and got fucked. how is that "working"?

rebound in that instance is more important than "matching up" everyone except Pop knows that I guess

ElNono
11-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Hindsight bias (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindsight_bias)

Kool Bob Love
11-21-2013, 07:54 PM
If only Tim Duncan had a better PG than FakeMVParker.

6-23 in game 6.

I never owned a Parker jersey but if I did i would have burn that shit.

Kool Bob Love
11-21-2013, 07:55 PM
:cry"Spurs in 7":cry

:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
11-21-2013, 07:57 PM
^
lolwut? W/o TP you guys don't even sniff the Finals. Without Manu you're hoisting the trophy.

Arcadian
11-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Exactly... This is why I've been saying it really feels like we won. Because we would have without stupid nonsense and luck. Miami was incredibly fucking lucky. So lucky that it should actually tarnish their record to some extent. They should be docked half a championship for that shit.

ElNono
11-21-2013, 08:22 PM
^
lolwut? W/o TP you guys don't even sniff the Finals. Without Manu you're hoisting the trophy.

Silly. Even with his suckitude on the Finals (except game 5), he handed out 105 assists the entire playoffs, only behind Tony (145) and way ahead of #3 (Duncan with 40)...

He averaged more PPG for the playoffs than scorching hot Danny Green. He didn't play up to expectations in general, but it's doubtful we reach the finals if you give Manu minutes to, say, Gary Neal...

DeadlyDynasty
11-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Really, which one of those 3 garbage teams beats the Spurs without Manu's minimal impact?

ElNono
11-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Golden State took us to six games...

hater
11-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Silly. Even with his suckitude on the Finals (except game 5), he handed out 105 assists the entire playoffs, only behind Tony (145) and way ahead of #3 (Duncan with 40)...

He averaged more PPG for the playoffs than scorching hot Danny Green. He didn't play up to expectations in general, but it's doubtful we reach the finals if you give Manu minutes to, say, Gary Neal...

sure but you are ignoring the fact that Manu was the 2nd ball handler throughout. When you handle the ball so much you are bound to get some assists here and there.

But the true question is. Without either player, in which case do the Spurs go further? And the answer without a doubt in anyone's mind is Manu. Without Manu spurs go farther than without TP9. Parker was the MVP. He scored a step back 3 and an incredible turn around jumper to put spurs up by 2. He basically singlehandely handed the Spurs the title in game 6, despite his SG's 8 turnovers. And his teamates let him down.

Without Parker Spurs get swept by Warriors.

Without Manu Spurs reach the Finals and probably take the Heat to 7.

Kool Bob Love
11-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Parker also shit the bed in game 7.

3-12 :lmao

Manu scroing more points than Parker in game 7.:lmao

Kool Bob Love
11-21-2013, 08:30 PM
:rollin

hater
11-21-2013, 08:30 PM
the funny thing is this thread was to discuss the "team collapse"

it's interesting that Manu defenders are the ones who start singling out players :lmao

ElNono
11-21-2013, 08:32 PM
sure but you are ignoring the fact that Manu was the 2nd ball handler throughout. When you handle the ball so much you are bound to get some assists here and there.

But the true question is. Without either player, in which case do the Spurs go further? And the answer without a doubt in anyone's mind is Parker. Parker was the MVP. He scored a step back 3 and an incredible turn around jumper to put spurs up by 2. He basically singlehandely handed the Spurs the title in game 6, despite his SG's 8 turnovers. And his teamates let him down.

Without Parker Spurs get swept by Warriors.

Without Manu Spurs reach the Finals and probably take the Heat to 7.

I don't ignore anything. That's just how the Spurs were constructed last season: Tony, TD and Manu off the bench. Kawhi, Green, Diaw came up big at different stages, and we needed that to get where we eventually ended up at.

Manu got the backup PG job because Nando, Neal and Patty sucked all season long trying to earn that spot.

This has been Tony's team for a while now, there's no longer an argument there. Ofcourse the Spurs don't get anywhere near to the Finals without Tony, that's a given.

ElNono
11-21-2013, 08:33 PM
the funny thing is this thread was to discuss the "team collapse"

it's interesting that Manu defenders are the ones who start singling out players :lmao

:lol You should know KBL schtick by now

HI-FI
11-21-2013, 08:33 PM
personally, its the worst sports loss I've ever experienced though not the worst thing in my life. seeing the Niners lose in a SB was very painful, but I sort of knew it was a tough matchup going in. OKC last year was really bad because I still believed the league screwed us over to get a Durant/Lebron Final with all the money lost during the lockout.

as a fan of the Spurs, part of me wants to downplay 6. The rational side of me figures I still need 5-10 years to rank this loss with the other epic chokes. It's still too soon to say it's number 1, but it's up there.

What's strange is I quit posting in the game thread around the fourth quarter. Not sure why, I just felt uneasy about the game, seeing hte starters sit for so long. I understand Pop's logic, but whenever you play not to lose, it just rarely works out. SO that's why I quit posting, and when Duncan got benched, I still don't understand that shit.

Maybe if Duncan would've remained in, we still would've lost, but least we would've known. DMC said this before that we still had chances, and that is true. But momentum is a crazy thing, once it turns its hard to get back. Of course it doesn't help when one motherfucker keeps turning the ball over like a latino Bill Buckner.

hater
11-21-2013, 08:34 PM
I don't ignore anything. That's just how the Spurs were constructed last season: Tony, TD and Manu off the bench. Kawhi, Green, Diaw came up big at different stages, and we needed that to get where we eventually ended up at.

Manu got the backup PG job because Nando, Neal and Patty sucked all season long trying to earn that spot.

This has been Tony's team for a while now, there's no longer an argument there. Ofcourse the Spurs don't get anywhere near to the Finals without Tony, that's a given.

:tu

anyway I am ready to admit the main collapse was a TEAM COLLAPSE :cry

If others would not have fucked up in those 28 seconds we still would have won it despite Manu's 8 :cry

Kool Bob Love
11-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Im just holding our "MVP" accountable.

DeadlyDynasty
11-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Golden State took us to six games...
So you're going to say that w/o Manu the fucking Warriors are the better team? I know you're a pastor at the CoM, but come on now

ElNono
11-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Personally, this was up there with losing the WC Finals to Germany on Italy 1990 on a manufactured penalty kick, tbh...

Although I have to admit Diego was probably high as fuck the entire competition...

ElNono
11-21-2013, 08:40 PM
:tu

anyway I am ready to admit the main collapse was a TEAM COLLAPSE :cry

If others would not have fucked up in those 28 seconds we still would have won it despite Manu's 8 :cry

The way I see it is we were so damn close, that a simple bounce of the ball a different way decides the series differently. Heck, Kawhi HAD the rebound that ended up in Mike Miller's hands for Bron's 3 pointer.

A simple board makes Pop looks like the ultimate genius that destroyed the superfriends in 6, and this thread now would likely read "How overrated is Lebron?" (and make you actually look like a genius both on calling out Lebron a few seasons ago and predicting a Spurs win).

I've been over it probably about two hours after Game 7. I can't fault the effort or the gameplan. Some people will disagree and that's fine.

Kool Bob Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryoq48dZHZ8

hater
Im just holding our "MVP" accountable.

if the Heat MVP who had 6 TOs had not gotten bailed out by the greatest shooter in history, he'd be accountable too imo

ElNono
11-21-2013, 08:41 PM
So you're going to say that w/o Manu the fucking Warriors are the better team? I know you're a pastor at the CoM, but come on now

I'm telling you I don't know if we get past them. For Manu's playoff suckitude, he was actually pretty decent in that series, including a crucial game winner.

We just didn't have a plan B if Manu wasn't there. The dropoff to, say, Neal/Patty/Nando was much, much bigger.

DeadlyDynasty
11-21-2013, 08:43 PM
We're all entitled to shitty takes, I forgive you.

ElNono
11-21-2013, 08:44 PM
That's fine. Pop does this every season. He goes with what he has, and he will not change it. Good enough for 4 titles. Some people will tell you we should have 6+ or whatever, that's fine. That's their opinion.

Kool Bob Love
11-21-2013, 08:44 PM
if the Heat MVP who had 6 TOs had not gotten bailed out by the greatest shooter in history, he'd be accountable too imo

2010 finals-Kobe went 6-24 won game 7 and still gets shitted on for that.

2013 Finals- Parker goes 6-23 and than 3-12 but gets NONE of the blame.

You're a homer bro. "spurs in 7" proved it. Maybe its YOU who hasn't gotten over 6. But don't worry brah time heals all. :(

hater
11-21-2013, 08:56 PM
2010 finals-Kobe went 6-24 won game 7 and still gets shitted on for that.

2013 Finals- Parker goes 6-23 and than 3-12 but gets NONE of the blame.

You're a homer bro. "spurs in 7" proved it. Maybe its YOU who hasn't gotten over 6. But don't worry brah time heals all. :(

that's a pretty stupid take imo

in Kobe's 6-24 game, which teamate of his had 8 passes to the opponent? :rolleyes

not even Jordan can win a Finals game if his teammate has 8 TOs

HI-FI
11-21-2013, 08:59 PM
son be honest, I know you said you didn't want us to win because you didn't want everyone happy on here, but you must not have been totally for Miami.

DeadlyDynasty
11-21-2013, 09:01 PM
son be honest, I know you said you didn't want us to win because you didn't want everyone happy on here, but you must not have been totally for Miami.
Pretty much. I respect the hell outta Pop and Duncan and normally would've been happy to see them win. 5 years on this forum changed my mind, though.

SpurSpurSpurs
11-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Still stings

Skull-1
11-22-2013, 03:19 AM
I'm telling you I don't know if we get past them. For Manu's playoff suckitude, he was actually pretty decent in that series, including a crucial game winner.

We just didn't have a plan B if Manu wasn't there. The dropoff to, say, Neal/Patty/Nando was much, much bigger.

Aww Bullsh-t. Any of those guys including TMac woulda passed the ball to the right guys at least. Manu was terrible and Pop shoulda benched his sorry butt if for no other reason than to wake him up.

Skull-1
11-22-2013, 03:20 AM

PlayNandouche is the master of the crappy take, per par.

szkorhetz
11-22-2013, 04:20 AM
I will never ever forget that game. I rewatched it about 15 times, since game 2 of 2012 WCF I never rewatched any games. I just can't believe what happened. I was at a house party, the game started at 4 in the morning (Hungary is a bit far from you, guys), everyone passed out, I watched the game, drunk as fuck and obviously having good feelings about the game. The whole game was all about Spurs. Timmy with the hottest start I've ever seen from him, we were a team supposed to win it all. During the third quarter, I was screaming all around the place, I felt we just can't lose this, we are too good and experinced to lose a 10 point lead. After Miami came back I was literally crying but then Parker made that three. The whole place exploded, I woke up nearly everybody. When Miami took that TO with 28.2 left, I texted my girlfriend, that we won, Timmy will get his fifth, Leonard is the Finals MVP and I am the happiest person in the whole world. Even after the first Bron three I thought we can't lose this, but when I saw Ray elavating I knew it is over, game 7 won't save us.

Uriel
11-22-2013, 06:26 AM
Can this thread please be locked?

romain.star
11-22-2013, 07:33 AM
It's number one in sports bar none, not only the NBA.

Two top ten players, 4 fmvp, best game of the series watched by millions of people (the one time everyone watched the Spurs basically), LeBron on the brink of 1-3 finals record with two losses to Tim would have prevented him to pass him all time... 1 chance out of 100 to lose and Pop made it happen by benching the guy who gave him everything he has... Nothing comes close... The historical impact is unmatched by the other epic choke jobs...

Football: Manchester 2 - 1 Bayern (Champions League 1999)
Football: Milan 3-3 Liverpool (Champions League 2005)
Golf: Jean van de velde (British Open 1999)
Cycling: Lemond vs Fignon (Tour de France 1989)
Racing: Lewis Hamilton (Brazil F1 Grand Prix in 2008)

Among other things...

Raven
11-22-2013, 07:56 AM
nowhere, since it wasn't a collapse. simply miami made crazy shots, it's not like we were losing the ball or anything.

Capt Bringdown
11-22-2013, 08:32 AM
That game showed why the Spurs, as great as they are, aren't in the same category as the Showtime Lakers or Russell-era Celtics.

Seventyniner
11-22-2013, 08:38 AM

Seriously, we're talking about one of the most important games in franchise history. One of thosa "coulda woulda shoulda" moments. One of the hardest losses than many of us, as fans, have ever taken.

This is a Spurs discussion message board. We discuss the Spurs. Given the magnitude and recency of the 2013 Finals, how can you possibly expect people to not talk about it? We'll be talking about it for decades.

r-nice
11-22-2013, 08:40 AM
The season has started and we're still talking about this?

ElNono
11-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Aww Bullsh-t. Any of those guys including TMac woulda passed the ball to the right guys at least. Manu was terrible and Pop shoulda benched his sorry butt if for no other reason than to wake him up.

lol TMac savior baloney

11-22-2013, 11:47 AM
lol TMac savior baloney
I still kind of wish he would have got a ring tbh

Skull-1
11-22-2013, 11:53 AM

No.

Skull-1
11-22-2013, 11:54 AM
I still kind of wish he would have got a ring tbh

He woulda' passed the ball to Spurs and not Heaters.

james evans
11-22-2013, 12:24 PM
can someone please explain to me why you take out your best defensive BIG AND WHO IS 14 TIME ALL NBA DEFESE in the 2 biggest defensive plays in FRANCHISE HISTORY??????

I smell a rat tbh

14 TIME ALL NBA DEFENSE!!! and he was on the bench! not once, but 2 times!
not only that, but he had about 30 thru 3 quarters and u take him out the game because "he's playing too good". i don't give a fuk what anyone says, something aint right about that shit. Bubba Smith until the day he died gave interviews and believed his own coach and qb threw the 1969 superbowl. Maybe someone will write a book about it 20 years from now, but i'm gonna stick by my opinion and say something foul was going on cuz popovich, as great as he is, did 4 of the dumbest things that i know for a fact even AAU coaches would never do.watching the game, it felt as if he was basically helping miami come back. i know my opinnion means shit cuz it's just that, it's my opinion, but great coaches don't make 3 and 4 crucial mistakes in closeout championship game. 1 maybe, 4, no fukin way.. so til the day i die, i will ALWAYS believe ginobli and popovich were involved in a conspiracy to lose this finals. miami fans feel the same way about 2011. there is no way dallas should have won that series. lebron can't score on jason terry or deshaun stevnson in a game 6?? get the fuk outta here. as much as ginobli has declined, even he is not that garbage to have the same turnover every time. drive the baseline, jump and throw the ball away. it was as if he was purposely doing it. everyone saw it and knew what to expect in game 7.

Horse
11-22-2013, 01:37 PM
That was on Pop to. He has his regular rotation but this could've been the clincher in the fucking finals. He shouldn't have left the bench out there as long as he did to start the 4th.

Horse
11-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Totally agree and Pop sucking off lebron and wade proves it. Hopefully they promised we win this season.

Kool Bob Love
11-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Pop bench Tim GODuncan. :depressed

hater
11-22-2013, 02:55 PM
I will never ever forget that game. I rewatched it about 15 times, since game 2 of 2012 WCF I never rewatched any games. I just can't believe what happened. I was at a house party, the game started at 4 in the morning (Hungary is a bit far from you, guys), everyone passed out, I watched the game, drunk as fuck and obviously having good feelings about the game. The whole game was all about Spurs. Timmy with the hottest start I've ever seen from him, we were a team supposed to win it all. During the third quarter, I was screaming all around the place, I felt we just can't lose this, we are too good and experinced to lose a 10 point lead. After Miami came back I was literally crying but then Parker made that three. The whole place exploded, I woke up nearly everybody. When Miami took that TO with 28.2 left, I texted my girlfriend, that we won, Timmy will get his fifth, Leonard is the Finals MVP and I am the happiest person in the whole world. Even after the first Bron three I thought we can't lose this, but when I saw Ray elavating I knew it is over, game 7 won't save us.

thanks for sharing ol'sport

:cry

your tale reminds me of the time I watched Spurs at Dallas game 6. But unlike your experience, I woke up everyone because the Spurs somehow managed to win that game and extend to a 7 game series. and we still lost the next game :cry

hater
11-22-2013, 02:59 PM
not only that, but he had about 30 thru 3 quarters and u take him out the game because "he's playing too good". i don't give a fuk what anyone says, something aint right about that shit. Bubba Smith until the day he died gave interviews and believed his own coach and qb threw the 1969 superbowl. Maybe someone will write a book about it 20 years from now, but i'm gonna stick by my opinion and say something foul was going on cuz popovich, as great as he is, did 4 of the dumbest things that i know for a fact even AAU coaches would never do.watching the game, it felt as if he was basically helping miami come back. i know my opinnion means shit cuz it's just that, it's my opinion, but great coaches don't make 3 and 4 crucial mistakes in closeout championship game. 1 maybe, 4, no fukin way.. so til the day i die, i will ALWAYS believe ginobli and popovich were involved in a conspiracy to lose this finals. miami fans feel the same way about 2011. there is no way dallas should have won that series. lebron can't score on jason terry or deshaun stevnson in a game 6?? get the fuk outta here. as much as ginobli has declined, even he is not that garbage to have the same turnover every time. drive the baseline, jump and throw the ball away. it was as if he was purposely doing it. everyone saw it and knew what to expect in game 7.

I'm not saying I gree with everything but you have very valid points tbh

and don't forget: game 1 of the East Finals. Pacers had the game in Miami and Pacers coach sits his best rebounder also, Hibbert. Heat rebounds and wins the game.

like I said I smell a rat