PDA

View Full Version : Suns: Rumor: Phoenix to offer G. Hayward max contract?

RsxPiimp
11-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Peter Vecsey PeterVecsey1 about 1 hour ago
According to a GM, the Suns will do everything possible this summer to sign Gordon Hayward to an unmatchable offer sheet....

:lol Go Suns!

HarlemHeat37
11-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Vescey is rarely accurate, tbh..

Hayward is one of the most overrated players in the league, tbh..

spurraider21
11-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Vescey is rarely accurate, tbh..

Hayward is one of the most overrated players in the league, tbh..
His ceiling is 2nd banana. Good player but NOT a max guy

TXstbobcat
11-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Phoenix isn't going to piss away a max contract on Hayward.

hater
11-21-2013, 05:51 PM
His ceiling is 2nd banana. Good player but NOT a max guy

disagree

James Harden's ceiling is 2nd banana

from what I seen Gayward's ceiling is Mike Miller

spurraider21
11-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Hayward can be a variation of iguodala. Not nearly as athletic but a better shooter

Killakobe81
11-21-2013, 06:14 PM
I dont get why many on here sided with the owners when they do stupid ish like this ...
If true, Suns deserve to stay 0 and forever. Only players worth a max right now:

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Paul
Maybe Paul George. Anyone else getting a max deal POST new CBA is overpaid tbh ...

monosylab1k
11-21-2013, 06:23 PM
If Gordon Hayward is anything more than the 3rd best player on your team, your team sucks.

elemento
11-21-2013, 06:38 PM
The thing is :

Max contracts after rookie deals are not franchise killers. Let's say he gets something similar to what they offered to Eric Gordon (4y/58m max contract). He will make something around 13.5m/14m/15m/15.5m.

Is that an overpay ? Yeah sure. But that won't kill PHX long-term. That's why you see guys like Lopez, Gordon, Cousins getting max contracts quite easily.

You have to worry about max contracts after the first big payday. That's when JJ, Rashard Lewis and Amare Stoudamire and Gilbert Arenas got those atrocious max contracts.

If SA doesn't extend Kawhi Leonard, I have no doubt in my mind that a few teams will try to steal him from SA offering a max contract after his rookie deal. And Kawhi is not a max player as well.

spurraider21
11-21-2013, 06:40 PM
^right now, agreed. I think he can get better though. Sad thing is, he's the best player on the jazz :lol

KL2
11-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Hayward is horrible, I don't think he's ever had a single good game against SA.

HarlemHeat37
11-21-2013, 06:55 PM
I'd be shocked if he ever develops into a #2 guy, he hasn't shown any signs of that IMO..

His ceiling is a #3 guy on a great team where he doesn't have the pressure of being the focal option in big games..

Double-Up
11-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Peter Vecsey

RsxPiimp
11-21-2013, 06:56 PM
This was Hornaceks guy in Utah, not surprise if he's pushing for this move.

whitemamba
11-21-2013, 07:06 PM
:lol at white players getting a max.

blkroadrunners
11-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Hayward can be a variation of iguodala. Not nearly as athletic but a better shooter Just don't see that in terms of defensive potential. He has more prime Dunleavy Jr. in his game, imo.

baseline bum
11-21-2013, 07:38 PM
I dont get why many on here sided with the owners when they do stupid ish like this ...
If true, Suns deserve to stay 0 and forever. Only players worth a max right now:

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Paul
Maybe Paul George. Anyone else getting a max deal POST new CBA is overpaid tbh ...

LeBron's worth a 2.5X max contract, at minimum.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Phoenix isn't going to piss away a max contract on Hayward.

Wouldn't even be close to the dumbest contract given since Babby tookover as GM. But still...

:lmao:lmao:lmao pandering to dumbshit Phoenix neocons with a Mormon frost king from a :crymid-major:cry

Venti Quattro
11-21-2013, 09:05 PM
http://www.shadowlocked.com/images/stories/LISTS/002_Nov_2010/most_annoying_kids/5_Macaulay_Culkin.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
11-21-2013, 09:36 PM
fail

paying this clown just as much as bledsoe? lmao suns will be back to being a tightarse when it doesnt work

DMC
11-21-2013, 09:46 PM
It's very rare that a group of wealthy men pay more for something than it's worth. It might not be obvious why it's worth that, but it is. Kobe's 30m, for example, isn't even remotely near the ballpark of the amount he generates for the franchise. It's more expensive then to release than to keep him in terms of profit/loss if you don't consider a championship to be a profit machine.

m>s
11-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Wouldn't even be close to the dumbest contract given since Babby tookover as GM. But still...

:lmao:lmao:lmao pandering to dumbshit Phoenix neocons with a Mormon frost king from a :crymid-major:cry

quit talking shit on whites jew faggot

Rogue
11-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Phoenix is desperate to spend their money imho. Hayward ain't a franchise player, not even a legit 2nd banana but which high profile star player would want to join Phoenix these days?

Chinook
11-22-2013, 12:04 AM
The thing is :

Max contracts after rookie deals are not franchise killers. Let's say he gets something similar to what they offered to Eric Gordon (4y/58m max contract). He will make something around 13.5m/14m/15m/15.5m.

Is that an overpay ? Yeah sure. But that won't kill PHX long-term. That's why you see guys like Lopez, Gordon, Cousins getting max contracts quite easily.

You have to worry about max contracts after the first big payday. That's when JJ, Rashard Lewis and Amare Stoudamire and Gilbert Arenas got those atrocious max contracts.

If SA doesn't extend Kawhi Leonard, I have no doubt in my mind that a few teams will try to steal him from SA offering a max contract after his rookie deal. And Kawhi is not a max player as well.

You're right. Also players who get the Rose-max can handicap their teams even on their second contract. That's why George's deal could end up being horrible.

Also, what you said in the second half of unit posy is exactly why the Spurs should not offer Kawhi a max extension. Worse comes it worse, they just have to max a deal that's really not all that bad.

AchillesHeel
11-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Didn't he just have a game where he shot 1 - 17?

why do people want this scrub so badly? Putting up high ppg on a bad team...shooting under 40% for the season. He would make a nice 6th man on a championship team, like Jason Terry or Manu.

JMarkJohns
11-22-2013, 02:20 AM
Fuck me gently with a chainsaw...

Draft, please, not free agency.

Mori Chu
11-22-2013, 04:59 AM
Give me a break. When was the last time Peter Vecsey broke a relevant NBA story? There's no legs to this one.

Rogue
11-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Scrubs like him will always get overpaid here and there as long as they can put up decent stats and fool the owners into thinking they were valuable talents. Deron looked great as fuck while playing in Utah but after moving elsewhere he turned out no better than the prime Jason Williams imho.

Seventyniner
11-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Also, what you said in the second half of unit posy is exactly why the Spurs should not offer Kawhi a max extension. Worse comes it worse, they just have to max a deal that's really not all that bad.

I don't understand why any team ever offers a max extension for a RFA. You literally have nothing to gain. If the player in question is so sensitive that they'll see the lack of a max extension offer as an insult, you may not want them around anyway.