PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Does J.J. Redick Take Too Many Shots?

DMC
11-21-2013, 09:31 PM
I realize he's a good shooter, good form, can shoot off the dribble, can shoot from transition, all that. He seems to end up with a lot of shot attempts at the end of the night. Is he taking too many shots that should perhaps go to others? Do you think it's the game plan and if so, what is Doc fucking thinking have a white faggot chucker like Redick chucking up shots when you have bigs in the paint that can either get a dunk or a foul or both?

Seriously though, does he take too many shots?

racm
11-21-2013, 09:32 PM
He's going to get too many shots because Doc/Gentry want him to play like Boston Ray Allen, while CP3 plays like Rondo

lefty
11-21-2013, 09:32 PM
no

The 2 limited monkeys need to score on put backs

DMC
11-21-2013, 09:33 PM
He's going to get too many shots because Doc/Gentry want him to play like Boston Ray Allen, while CP3 plays like Rondo

I can see the CP3/Rondo comparison, but JJ is nothing remotely close to Allen, not even in his wettest dream.

HarlemHeat37
11-21-2013, 09:34 PM
It happens with every team that has an off-ball "elite shooter", tbh..

They feel obligated and they are mesmerized into constantly running off-ball screen plays when that player is on the floor..Celtics fans complained about it all the time with post-prime Ray Allen IIRC..

They did it all the time, so did the Bulls/Hawks when Kyle Korver was on the floor, etc..

RD2191
11-21-2013, 09:39 PM
:wakeup

DMC
11-21-2013, 09:43 PM
:wakeup

What's up e-nig? You still looking for gawd?

Red Hawk #21
11-21-2013, 09:54 PM
I don't think he does tbh, he seems to be consistently open due to screens and good looks from CPFlop. The thing with Reddick is that he's actually a pretty good playmaker himself, but I doubt he's gunna have a chance to show that skill off much since CPFlop loves to dominate the ball tbh.

Venti Quattro
11-21-2013, 09:57 PM
He does, but he does because he only has one purpose in the court and that is to shoot the rock. Doc will miserably fail if he asks Redick to drive, create for his teammates and play defense.

PlayNando
11-21-2013, 10:07 PM
albino monkey

Rogue
11-21-2013, 10:58 PM
I guess that's because he possesses the shooting ability that's so much better than any teammates's. Jamal is going downhill and shooting has never been Paul's strength, while the rest are mostly monkeyballers who can only catch and toss crescent shaped objects.