PDA

View Full Version : Is Tim Duncan Offically Done?

DMC
11-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Is this it for him? I know people don't just go tits up, but at some point his game will show the signs, and they seem to be showing them now.

Is he done? Will he just ride out the season chucking up line drives at the front of the rim with zero arc on the ball? How is that fundamentally sound? in fact, why he considered to be fundamentally sound? His shot is shit, he makes it sometimes, but it's a line drive. He uses the backboard, that's about it, and he's got decent footwork beneath the rim on both ends. Otherwise, he's just a recipient of a decent system. He kicked ass back in the day, but he's been mailing it in for years and finally last season his divorce pissed him off enough to light a fire under his ass and get him away from the D&D table long enough to actually improve in the off season.

Is he done?

Holden_Caulfield
11-21-2013, 10:57 PM
hes coasting

TheGoldStandard
11-21-2013, 11:06 PM
For the most part people's athleticism tends to go and they lose a step, bigs never really have that problem aside from breaking down from all the bumps they take but that's not in Tim's game. His shot has been flat but he's not done and far from it. He's slumping and the ball isn't going to go through to him as much as it used to so we'll see stretches where it's just not falling. No worries, he'll get his sea legs in December and January and get into form.

RD2191
11-21-2013, 11:08 PM
:wakeup

RD2191
11-21-2013, 11:09 PM
:lmao:lmao

RD2191
:lmao

RD2191
:lmao:lmao:lmao

RD2191
11-21-2013, 11:10 PM
:reading

RD2191
11-21-2013, 11:10 PM
:lmao:lmao:rollin

Prime Time
11-21-2013, 11:24 PM
I remember everyone saying this in 11-12. Funny how that turned out

mclinejr
11-21-2013, 11:26 PM
He's definitely been off, but I think he's still hurting from that shot to the chest.

jon123spurs
11-21-2013, 11:31 PM
He's trolling us all. Hes just playing bad so he doesnt have to go to another damn all star game.

apalisoc_9
11-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Tim Duncan should retire. He's terrible player at this point of his career..

Arcadian
11-21-2013, 11:44 PM
nah

Well, i guess it depends how you define done. But i say nah

DesignatedT
11-21-2013, 11:56 PM
Could have posted in the other numerous threads discussing this.

Duncan2177
11-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Who ever thinks Tim Duncan is done is an idiot, The guy has only played eleven games for Christ sakes it's a long 82 game season give him time and we all know he plays his best in the playoffs.

Ice009
11-22-2013, 12:09 AM
I know I am almost done coming to Spurstalk.

The level of posts here have gone down the toilet. Retards that can't be bothered checking down half a page to see if a similar thread has been started before starting yet another thread with the exact same topic.

hater
11-22-2013, 12:20 AM
Is this it for him?

Is he done?

Is he done?

you're done faggot. go to sleep

TXstbobcat
11-22-2013, 12:24 AM
It's early in the season and it could just be a slow start for Tim. Enjoy the 10 - 1 start and hope for the best.

Juggity
11-22-2013, 12:25 AM
DMC with the subtle parody

benstanfield
11-22-2013, 12:32 AM
Threads like this are precisely the reason I hardly ever post here any more. The fact that autistic bullshit can just be spewed by whatever random mouth breather, without any sort of immediate ban-hammer to throw down is just a sad sad way to try and run a website. Honestly /r/nba has surpassed spurstalk IMO.

............................................and I understand that this is a troll. That is 100% my point.

Biernutz
11-22-2013, 01:17 AM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/aFu_NotAsleep.gif

capek
11-22-2013, 01:20 AM
foad

Kool Bob Love
11-22-2013, 01:37 AM
DMC

Kool Bob Love
11-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Tim Duncan is on team #Tank4Wiggins.

Kool Bob Love
11-22-2013, 01:40 AM
TD's just having a BAD shooting slump. All players go threw this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD6AfcoG4o8

cd021
11-22-2013, 01:47 AM
Tim Duncan is on team #Tank4Wiggins.

Apparently Gordon Hayard is the MVP of that squad.

Skull-1
11-22-2013, 03:04 AM

The level of posts here have gone down the toilet. Retards that can't be bothered checking down half a page to see if a similar thread has been started before starting yet another thread with the exact same topic.

Case in point:

Tim Duncan should retire. He's terrible player at this point of his career..

Throw in the OP and I am with you. I spent my time for many seasons at 48 Minutes of Hell, Project Spurs, Pounding the Rock, etc. I have neglected them since coming here and not really sure why.

Tim has always shot the ball flat If he lets up or declines the slightest bit the shot will be off. Manu is closer to done than Timmy is, but last year was an aberration for someone Duncan's age. Decline is inevitable.

AchillesHeel
11-22-2013, 03:45 AM
DMC with the gnsf trolling goods.

apalisoc_9
11-22-2013, 04:51 AM
DMC with the gnsf trolling goods.

my thread reached three pages including Thegreatyacht threatening to call the cops..

AchillesHeel
11-22-2013, 04:58 AM
my thread reached three pages including Thegreatyacht threatening to call the cops..

I usually don't come up here but these kinds of threads deliver :lol, tbh.

mingus
11-22-2013, 06:57 AM
He looks less mobile and heavier compared to last year. I think he has to be eased into game shape. If he's like this post all-star I'll start worrying.

Diego20
11-22-2013, 09:37 AM
why isn't TGY here?

DMC
11-22-2013, 11:54 AM

link?

Horse
11-22-2013, 01:32 PM
I think it's in his head. He looked fine from the free throw line. He just needs to let his jumper go without hesitation.

The_Coyote
11-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Well, even if Timmy has fallen off recently, the Spurs are still a better team (or at least more fun to watch) than when they played the whole "pass Duncan the ball down low, stand there, and see what happens!" offense that garnered them a whopping 94 ppg back in Duncan's prime. The emphasis upon ball-spacing that Pop has embraced and developed in the past 5 or so years (with the indispensable help of Chip Engelland) is keeping the Spurs more than relevant, even when Duncan isn't playing well. I mean, seriously... Those offensive droughts that lasted whole quarters (I still have nightmares about them) are virtually gone.

And no, to answer your question and step off my soapbox, Timmy isn't "done". You'll see by April just how not-"done" he is.

elbamba
11-22-2013, 02:11 PM
The man has a couple weeks of bad shooting and he is done? Has his defense not been solid as well as his rebounding? I would still put him as a top 5 center in the league.

Skull-1
11-22-2013, 02:32 PM
He hasn't shot well since the second half of Game 7. He has sucked for MONTHS! :rolleyes

mclinejr
11-22-2013, 02:37 PM
He hasn't shot well since the second half of Game 7. He has sucked for MONTHS! :rolleyes

I'm still trying to figure you out. Are you trying to be constructive, or are you intentionally stirring the pot?

For all it's worth, I laughed at the "Feds Investigating NBA Finals 2013" thread. :rollin

Spur|n|Austin
11-22-2013, 02:50 PM
:wakeup

:lmao:lmao

:lmao:lmao:lmao

:reading

:lmao:lmao:rollin

Thanks for the deep insight.

PlayNando
11-22-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm still trying to figure you out. Are you trying to be constructive, or are you intentionally stirring the pot?

For all it's worth, I laughed at the "Feds Investigating NBA Finals 2013" thread was hilarious. :rollin
Like a lot of us here, he's just here to stir the pot.

DMC
11-22-2013, 03:06 PM
I think it's in his head. He looked fine from the free throw line. He just needs to let his jumper go without hesitation.

He's been in the league what, 15 or so years? Surely he's heard non-stop from the trainers and coaches to "just let it go without hesitation". If it were that simple he'd be doing it already. He's not. It's not that simple. People have mental roadblocks, like Barkley's golf swing, Shaq and Dwert's free throws, and Tim's line drives to the front of the rim. He also has that tendency to miss easy put backs at the front of the rim.

I don't want to say he's coasting, though he might be. It could be his attitude since Pop benched him in the crucial moments in game 6. Hard to say, but he's not on the path for continued renaissance.

Spur|n|Austin
11-22-2013, 03:13 PM
He's been in the league what, 15 or so years? Surely he's heard non-stop from the trainers and coaches to "just let it go without hesitation". If it were that simple he'd be doing it already. He's not. It's not that simple. People have mental roadblocks, like Barkley's golf swing, Shaq and Dwert's free throws, and Tim's line drives to the front of the rim. He also has that tendency to miss easy put backs at the front of the rim.

I don't want to say he's coasting, though he might be. It could be his attitude since Pop benched him in the crucial moments in game 6. Hard to say, but he's not on the path for continued renaissance.

I doubt it's coasting, I think he just has the most severe case of the misses that he's ever had. To me it doesn't look like he's lost a bounce in his step by any means, and he's physically in the same shape (if not better) than last season, so something has to give. I'm actually predicting a break out game tonight.

hater
11-22-2013, 03:17 PM
He's dealing with the grief and mental aspects of playing a major role in the biggest collapse in the history of homo sapiens

he's the only one dealing with it. His teamates are still in shock and yet to go through the realization process and then grief process.

which means Duncan will be the first one to fully recover from it :tu

McGusto55
11-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Lol

Skull-1
11-22-2013, 03:29 PM

For all it's worth, I laughed at the "Feds Investigating NBA Finals 2013" thread. :rollin

Thanks. Glad you appreciated the joke. Yes I am often tongue in cheek. Illustrating absurdity by being absurd. But Manu did suck last year. That I am serious about.

RD2191
11-22-2013, 04:05 PM

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-22-2013, 04:08 PM

Yeah bro. Shit is truly annoying. Then you have the Manu faggots that have an orgasm about him in every fucking thread. "omg manu noooo, nooooo"

Baam
11-22-2013, 04:14 PM
He's dealing with the grief and mental aspects of playing a major role in the biggest collapse in the history of homo sapiens
he's the only one dealing with it. His teamates are still in shock and yet to go through the realization process and then grief process.

which means Duncan will be the first one to fully recover from it :tu

:lol:rollin

Sean Cagney
11-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Well, even if Timmy has fallen off recently, the Spurs are still a better team (or at least more fun to watch) than when they played the whole "pass Duncan the ball down low, stand there, and see what happens!" offense that garnered them a whopping 94 ppg back in Duncan's prime. The emphasis upon ball-spacing that Pop has embraced and developed in the past 5 or so years (with the indispensable help of Chip Engelland) is keeping the Spurs more than relevant, even when Duncan isn't playing well. I mean, seriously... Those offensive droughts that lasted whole quarters (I still have nightmares about them) are virtually gone.

And no, to answer your question and step off my soapbox, Timmy isn't "done". You'll see by April just how not-"done" he is.

I agree on the last part but that so called boring offense netted them 4 titles so I will take so called BORING anyday over a more exciting offense that has netted them? Defense wins, period. The Spurs were not boring either to me, during those runs they had some classic playoff series and some where they even could put up 120 points or so to match the opponent.

Brutalis
11-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Honestly I've been reluctant to yield this season to the notion that Duncan has regressed. Based on the look of his game it appears he has. Perhaps it's just a rough start to the season or maybe he really is showing his age. That missed layup in the first quarter tonight at Memphis really made me smh. He used to be automatic within 15 feet. Not sure what's up with him.

Sean Cagney
11-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Honestly I've been reluctant to yield this season to the notion that Duncan has regressed. Based on the look of his game it appears he has. Perhaps it's just a rough start to the season or maybe he really is showing his age. That missed layup in the first quarter tonight at Memphis really made me smh. He used to be automatic within 15 feet. Not sure what's up with him.

He looks horrible so far to say the least. He looks as bad or worse than late 011 right now. I hope he can regain it back to near what he was last year.

tim_duncan_fan
11-22-2013, 09:45 PM
It's all in his head. The drawback to a cerebral, nice, unselfish player is that he is likely to be neurotic. The only thing wrong with Tim Duncan is his god damned weenie attitude.

He's sulking and pouting out there. It's pissing me off.

bklynspursfan
11-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Like I've been saying.. His mobility is still there and positioning on defense. Rebounding #'s are down, but frankly Pop made it an emphasis for other guys to rebound better and I think that's been evident. His shot will come. It's definitely mental at this point, and I'd much rather him be in a slump now then later in the year.

The_Coyote
11-22-2013, 10:43 PM
I agree on the last part but that so called boring offense netted them 4 titles so I will take so called BORING anyday over a more exciting offense that has netted them? Defense wins, period. The Spurs were not boring either to me, during those runs they had some classic playoff series and some where they even could put up 120 points or so to match the opponent.

Sorry, I suppose I should clarify. I was merely suggesting that the Spurs emphasis on spreading the floor has kept them relevant; the Spurs can't get away with the "dump it down low to Timmy" strategy because he's not prime, best-PF-of-all-time Timmy anymore. I love the new-and-improved defense this season (3rd or 2nd in the league in ppg allowed and opponent shooting percentage), but I have no qualms with an improved offense (with improved shooting) that keeps the pressure off the defense. I mean, the offensive droughts from 2001-2007 that lasted entire quarters... THAT was just awful to sit through. Fortunately we had a young Duncan to anchor our defense.

Budkin
11-22-2013, 11:08 PM
Y'all need to take some Xanax and ride this season out. Tim will be there when it counts.

Sean Cagney
11-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Sorry, I suppose I should clarify. I was merely suggesting that the Spurs emphasis on spreading the floor has kept them relevant; the Spurs can't get away with the "dump it down low to Timmy" strategy because he's not prime, best-PF-of-all-time Timmy anymore. I love the new-and-improved defense this season (3rd or 2nd in the league in ppg allowed and opponent shooting percentage), but I have no qualms with an improved offense (with improved shooting) that keeps the pressure off the defense. I mean, the offensive droughts from 2001-2007 that lasted entire quarters... THAT was just awful to sit through. Fortunately we had a young Duncan to anchor our defense.I hear what you are saying. Those droughts used to make me pull my hair out too! They would really GO COLD for a whole Q or so. Good post.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
11-23-2013, 12:00 AM
Anybody who dares disrespect Tim Duncan is not a true Spurs fan. Just wait for the playoffs, he isn't playing with a sense of urgency right now.

DJR210
11-23-2013, 01:06 AM

LMAO, link?

Sean Cagney
11-23-2013, 01:59 AM
Anybody who dares disrespect Tim Duncan is not a true Spurs fan. Just wait for the playoffs, he isn't playing with a sense of urgency right now.

I would hope he turns it on a little before that time but yeah I hope he seriously can play near what he was last year late. I hope he turns it on soon because we will need ALL HANDS on Deck if we are to get another title.

Skull-1
11-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Teams are focusing on Timmeh a lot more this year. I saw him get triple teamed last night and the light bulb came on. Nobody wants to let him go off like last season. People are taking him seriously. Dude has a bruised chest and a black eye to prove it, too.

11-23-2013, 10:54 AM
In not worried at all, he played well in the Season opener, and he's been recovering from injury ever since. He may have lost some confidence, but as long as they keep feeding him, he'll find his groove again.

Brutalis
11-24-2013, 05:53 PM

Call it what you will, but if his true fans are not allowed to call him out who is?

DMC
11-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Sorry, I don't get wet over players. I am a fan of the game.

Ice009
11-24-2013, 09:07 PM

I'm going to go ahead and say, that even though the 2013 Spurs didn't win the Championship, I still consider them a Championship level team and one of the best Spurs teams I've seen. It still sucks that we let go of the Championship and gave it away (I still don't think Miami were the better overall team), but I won't discount how good last season's team was. They were a great team in my book, even if we didn't win it, they were a championship level worthy team.

I'll give Miami props for doing what they had to do and leave it at that.

Sean Cagney
11-24-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say, that even though the 2013 Spurs didn't win the Championship, I still consider them a Championship level team and one of the best Spurs teams I've seen. It still sucks that we let go of the Championship and gave it away (I still don't think Miami were the better overall team), but I won't discount how good last season's team was. They were a great team in my book, even if we didn't win it, they were a championship level worthy team.

I'll give Miami props for doing what they had to do and leave it at that.I agree on everything you just said. That 013 team made me proud as a fan.

ohmwrecker
11-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Another emo-spurfan thread . . .

heyheymymy
11-25-2013, 03:58 AM
coasting, his D is still legit so i know hes still got something left in the tank.

K-State Spur
11-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah, jumpshot is actually one of the last things to go on a player. His last year with the Lakers, Karl Malone had one of his best jump shooting season.

Tim's just in a shooting slump. If he were showing no movement on defense, but hitting his jumper - that would be a bigger concern that the vice versa that is currently taking place.

DMC
11-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Another emo-spurfan thread . . .

Your observations are so astute.

Obstructed_View
11-25-2013, 08:05 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47654000/jpg/_47654521_buemi.jpg

ohmwrecker
11-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Your observations are so astute.

Yes. They are.

DMC
11-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Yes. They are.

Not really. In reality you're a colossal fag.

ohmwrecker
11-25-2013, 08:28 PM

Why is that? Because I think you're thread is stupid?

DMC
11-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Why is that? Because I think you're thread is stupid?

Because you don't know the difference between a possessive and a contraction.

ohmwrecker
11-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Because you don't know the difference between a possessive and a contraction.

Ah, you got me! You fuck one goat . . .

rastaspur
11-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Timmay is not done. If his chest is still not 100% expect jump shot woes to continue. Its hard to shoot with a hurting chest, be it by bruise or torn muscle. This meathead lost his cool in a gameone time and elbowed me as hard as he could in the xhest. Couldnt shopt at all and could barely raise my arms abouve shoulders without extreme discomfort for a month. Even hurt too get high. Coughing was the worst.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Timmy's head is not in the game. He's making poor decisions all over the place, which is very unlike him.

I think the disappointment of last year is weighing heavily on him and wouldn't be surprised if he plays out the season then hangs up his boots.

DMC
11-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Timmy's head is not in the game. He's making poor decisions all over the place, which is very unlike him.

I think the disappointment of last year is weighing heavily on him and wouldn't be surprised if he plays out the season then hangs up his boots.

He does look a bit disinterested. Could be like restarting the same video game you just finished 15 times though. We'll see how his attitude changes as the season progresses.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
11-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Sorry, I don't get wet over players. I am a fan of the game.

A fan of the game would appreciate his greatness and understand how grateful we should be to have him

hooperflash
11-25-2013, 10:36 PM
He's done for the night when we have a 20+ point lead , tbh. Then Pop sits him, nothing new here.

DMC
11-25-2013, 10:39 PM
A fan of the game would appreciate his greatness and understand how grateful we should be to have him

aka wet

Sounds more like a Jim Jones follower tbh. If you cannot critique your team, you might as well just be a Silver Stars dancer.

Kool Bob Love
11-25-2013, 10:44 PM
He's done for the night when we have a 20+ point lead , tbh. Then Pop sits him, nothing new here.

Why the blue font tbh?

Skull-1
11-25-2013, 10:52 PM

Agreed.

hooperflash
11-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Why the blue font tbh?

My mistake Kanye.

Kool Bob Love
11-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Better.

:lol

ohmwrecker
11-25-2013, 10:55 PM
Agreed.

That means nothing coming from you.

Skull-1
11-25-2013, 10:57 PM
That means nothing coming from you.

Then why did you feel compelled to reply? Whistling in the dark for everyone to see. :lmao

ohmwrecker
11-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Then why did you feel compelled to reply? Whistling in the dark for everyone to see. :lmao

You're like the guy who shovels horse shit at a parade.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-25-2013, 11:09 PM
He does look a bit disinterested. Could be like restarting the same video game you just finished 15 times though. We'll see how his attitude changes as the season progresses.

I like that analogy. If he gets his desire back, who knows what could happen? I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to find his feet in February approaching the ASB when shit gets real in the run towards the playoffs. No blaming him for disinterest at this point in an 82 game season when the team is coasting.

Atm we're lucky we don't have to rely on him, because he's basically an empty uniform.

Skull-1
11-25-2013, 11:16 PM
You're like the guy who shovels horse shit at a parade.

I always wanted to be like you... Glad I made it.

ohmwrecker
11-25-2013, 11:19 PM
Oh, good. The "I know you are, but what am I" response. Brilliant.

Skull-1
11-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Oh, good. The "I know you are, but what am I" response. Brilliant.

Oh, they got the idea for the commercials from you? Brilliant!

ohmwrecker
11-26-2013, 09:16 AM
What?

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 09:18 AM
What?

As I suspected. You have repeatedly shown you are anything but brilliant. "Exceedingly dull" is more apt a description.

ohmwrecker
11-26-2013, 09:19 AM
I just don't know what you're talking about. Commercials?

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 09:33 AM
I just don't know what you're talking about. Commercials?

You never know what people are talking about, even when it concerns a reference to your own avatar. :rolleyes

You are trolling or dense. The people will decide.

ohmwrecker
11-26-2013, 09:36 AM
You never know what people are talking about, even when it concerns a reference to your own avatar. :rolleyes

You are trolling or dense. The people will decide.

Maybe I'm just trying to see how smart you are . . . it's not looking good for you, so far.

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Maybe I'm just trying to see how smart you are . . . it's not looking good for you, so far.

I am smarter than you are, which isn't saying much. I gave you an out so as not to destroy your pride. You may thank me any time you wish for having pity upon thee.

ohmwrecker
11-26-2013, 09:46 AM
I am smarter than you are, which isn't saying much. I gave you an out so as not to destroy your pride. You may thank me any time you wish for having pity upon thee.

:lol How do you figure? How do you support your claim? Everyone thinks you are a really stupid troll. :lol How can you possibly be serious? Let's take a poll, shall we?

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 09:50 AM
:lol How do you figure? How do you support your claim? Everyone thinks you are a really stupid troll. :lol How can you possibly be serious? Let's take a poll, shall we?

"What are you talking about?" :lol

There is a difference between BEING a troll and TROLLING. In this case, you got trolled and exposed for being the idiot you clearly are. Again. A poll won't fix that damage. :lol

ohmwrecker
11-26-2013, 09:53 AM
"What are you talking about?" :lol

There is a difference between BEING a troll and TROLLING. In this case, you got trolled and exposed for being the idiot you clearly are. Again. A poll won't fix that damage. :lol

You are delusional . . . and boring.

mclinejr
11-26-2013, 10:02 AM

He's the funniest troll on Spurs Talk, tbh.

ohmwrecker
11-26-2013, 10:04 AM

OK. Well, I'll just take your word for it then, guy I've never heard of . . . :lol.

Biernutz
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/SMILEYS%20%20222/handjob.gif

Skull-1

:toast

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 10:05 AM

Yet you keep coming back for more. Talking out of both sides of your mouth.... :lol

mclinejr
11-26-2013, 10:05 AM
OK. Well, I'll just take your word for it then, guy I've never heard of . . . :lol.

Thanks, guy I've also never heard of.

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 10:06 AM

Yes, because being known on a stupid website is a life goal for people like you.... :rolleyes

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks, guy I've also never heard of.

mclinejr
11-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Yes, because being known on a stupid website is a life goal for people like you.... :rolleyes

ohmwrecker
11-26-2013, 10:10 AM

Think about that for a minute. Look inward. Collect your thoughts. Try again.

mclinejr
11-26-2013, 10:13 AM

Okay, there's no reason to get all "Dr. Phil."

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 10:13 AM

Okay, Mister Ten Thousand Posts. :rollin

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Okay, there's no reason to get all "Mr. Rogers."

He doesn't know who that is or what you're talking about. Although that may be Dr. Phil he was referencing. Lord knows he could use a counselor.

ohmwrecker
11-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Okay, Mister Ten Thousand Posts. :rollin

Here's a fun game for you, genius. Take my post count and divide it by months I've been registered at this site. Now, do the same for yourself. Which one of us is trying to make a name for themselves on a "stupid website"?

ohmwrecker
11-26-2013, 10:21 AM
http://tspirou.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/mr-rogers-2.jpg?w=300&h=212

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Here's a fun game for you, genius. Take my post count and divide it by months I've been registered at this site. Now, do the same for yourself. Which one of us is trying to make a name for themselves on a "stupid website"?

Defending the Gospel against idiots isn't about notoriety, genius. Nice try. :rolleyes Or perhaps you are jealous. Wants to be famous and "heard of" but can't pull it off. :lol

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 10:27 AM
http://tspirou.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/mr-rogers-2.jpg?w=300&h=212

You googled Mr. Rogers to find out who he was. How cute. :lol

ohmwrecker
11-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Defending the Gospel against idiots isn't about notoriety, genius. Or perhaps you are jealous. Wanted to be famous but cant pull it off. :lol Nice try. :rolleyes

So, you concede to the fact you are an attention whore . . . cool. Very Christian of you, brother.

le13
11-26-2013, 10:32 AM
What the fuck some spurs fans can say!! Duncan is like the spurs team! Never Done, always redeem from the deep hell!! Ok guys, count him out!! like all others nba fans does for us every year!!!

This forum is sometimes full of douchbags..

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 10:34 AM
So, you concede to the fact you are an attention whore . . . cool. Very Christian of you, brother.

No, I just flipped your attacks and their related goals back onto your swollen head. You have obvious projection issues. :lmao

Attacks multiple people for being unknown on a forum. :lol

Then gets mad they are better known than him. :rollin

ohmwrecker
11-26-2013, 10:35 AM

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 10:37 AM

Yet you keep coming back for more. Talking out of both sides of your mouth....

Yet you keep coming back for STILL more. :lol

Spurs21Fan4Ever
11-27-2013, 02:14 PM
aka wet

Sounds more like a Jim Jones follower tbh. If you cannot critique your team, you might as well just be a Silver Stars dancer.

It's one thing to say he hasn't been playing well, it's another to say he's done.

DMC
11-27-2013, 02:39 PM
It's one thing to say he hasn't been playing well, it's another to say he's done.

That would depend on his situation. If he was 32 I'd agree. He's 37, just came off a divorce where he undoubtedly lost his kids as well, and he just suffered a heart wrenching defeat where he might feel like his long time mentor and friend lost faith in him when it mattered, and that it cost him a title in a year where he was playing about as good as he's played since 2003.

So I think it's a legit question, not an assertion, but a question. Address that and stop being a pussy about it.

Shastafarian
11-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Pretty sure he's officially done when he retires. Cool thread though :tu

Expert
11-27-2013, 09:31 PM
it kinda looks that way based on tonight's game

weeks
11-27-2013, 09:42 PM
conversation is getting closer imo.

Skull-1
11-27-2013, 09:57 PM
conversation is getting closer imo.

:(

hooperflash
11-27-2013, 10:04 PM
His outlet pass lacked intensity, not contesting Jackson... :(

Hope this goes away soon.

tim_duncan_fan
11-27-2013, 10:05 PM
His confidence is shot. He's literally afraid to have the ball in his hands. I hate seeing him like this.

Texas_Ranger
11-27-2013, 10:05 PM
he looks done tbh.... Hope he's coasting

bdictjames
11-27-2013, 10:06 PM
I think from what we're seeing, he's lost his "cerebrality". Obviously still a factor on both ends, but I hope as the season progresses Duncan will find his groove in time for the playoffs.

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm legitimately concerned at this point

boutons_deux
11-27-2013, 10:25 PM
yep, bad game, after bad game, after bad game, head up his ass

TheGoldStandard
11-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Honestly, he's still not over last season. He's playing like he's stuck in the past. Slow, can't hit a jump shot and not interested.

Bynumite
11-27-2013, 11:00 PM
lol Jim

6 scarred him for life :lol

TheGreatYacht
11-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Never thought this day would come. But I still believe he has one more in him...

DMC
11-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Never thought this day would come. But I still believe he has one more in him...

That could be the problem.

apalisoc_9
11-27-2013, 11:08 PM
If I'm pop, I'll give timmy till February to continue attacking offensively..Find his game. If it's still shitty as fuck, we need to stop playing 4 or 5 down at least not as much as they're calling it right now.

TheGoldStandard
11-27-2013, 11:13 PM
If I'm pop, I'll give timmy till February to continue attacking offensively..Find his game. If it's still shitty as fuck, we need to stop playing 4 or 5 down at least not as much as they're calling it right now.

I don't think I give him that long.. He needs to come around by the beginning of January to at least being relevant in games.

hater
11-27-2013, 11:19 PM
he looks horrible out there. if u not worried you need to stop watching basketball

apalisoc_9
11-27-2013, 11:20 PM
I don't think I give him that long.. He needs to come around by the beginning of January to at least being relevant in games.

Pop is already limiting his minutes when it matters ( see today)..he knows something is wrong. The team is good enough to get the first seed even with duncan being shitty..I still think he's got some juices left on his tank tbh..I mean after february, there's still time to come up with something new..

If we want to beat Miami, Duncan is a must IMO.

TheGoldStandard
11-27-2013, 11:24 PM
Pop is already limiting his minutes when it matters ( see today)..he knows something is wrong. The team is good enough to get the first seed even with duncan being shitty..I still think he's got some juices left on his tank tbh..I mean after february, there's still time to come up with something new..

If we want to beat Miami, Duncan is a must IMO.

If it's physical than okay we can weather the storm, he'll get it and start knocking down shots but mentally he's in a downward spin and if he doesn't believe he can make shots or contribute it's going to be hard to get his head right..

coachmac87
11-27-2013, 11:28 PM
He has zero lift on all of his shots. Best way to gain his confidence is for him to get easy buckets...not calling his number on low post Iso. Because the more he fails the worst his confidence gets. Not sure what his repertoire is for getting in a groove...but to me I think he needs to get back to the basics. Shoot that 15 footer until he can make it in his sleep...

Skull-1
11-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Tim is drawing triple teams this year. Didn't see that last year. Coaches are trying to take him out of the game so he doesn't go off like last year. Surely that is a factor.

TheGoldStandard
11-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Needs to shoot that 15 foot bank shot again.. They give him space when he's on the elbow because he doesn't shoot it anymore.

DMC
11-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Needs to shoot that 15 foot bank shot again.. They give him space when he's on the elbow because he doesn't shoot it anymore.

That's because he's shooting line drives now. Where's Chip England?

DMC
11-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Tim is drawing triple teams this year. Didn't see that last year. Coaches are trying to take him out of the game shoe doesn't go off like last year. Bus rely that is a factor.

wut

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 12:36 AM
wut

So he.... Typo.

Tim is drawing triple teams this year. Didn't see that last year. Coaches are trying to take him out of the game so he doesn't go off like last year. Surely that is a factor.

TheGoldStandard
11-28-2013, 12:38 AM
That's because he's shooting line drives now. Where's Chip England?

Very true, he's always squaring up when he shoots trying to scrape the back iron. Saw a touch off the glass against the Pelicans, wish he'd dedicate some time to getting back to the fundamentals

DMC
So he.... Typo.

bus rely that is a factor. drink one for me.

Skull-1
bus rely that is a factor

My tablet went nuts on me. I didn't proof read.

DMC
11-28-2013, 12:39 AM
My tablet went nuts on me. I didn't proof read.

Mine auto corrects and I've not done the changes to stop it, and it's annoying.

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 12:41 AM
Mine auto corrects and I've not done the changes to stop it, and it's annoying.

Agreed. And I have a tendency to skip the space bar as my two index fingers try desperately to keep up with my brain. Apple is supposedly all that....one would think they could program this thing to realize where spaces are intended. Lol

DMC
11-28-2013, 12:43 AM
Agreed. And I have a tendency to skip the space bar as my two index fingers try desperately to keep up with my brain. Apple is supposedly all that....one would think they could program this thing to realize where spaces are intended. Lol

Mine is an Android tablet and it's no better. Great tablet, sucks for typing.

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 12:44 AM
Mine is an Android tablet and it's no better. Great tablet, sucks for typing.

:toast Agreed. Tablets won't replace desktops for serious writing any time soon. <salute>

dbreiden83080
11-28-2013, 09:29 AM
It's early and the team is 13-2. Hopefully he did not let it all go in June but we'll see.

boutons_deux
11-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Tim looks so bad I wonder how anybody, after 100 years in the game, could be so out to lunch in every aspect. Sure he's slowed down from 1998, but damn, what's wrong with his head? early onset Alzheimer's?

SpurSwag
11-28-2013, 06:52 PM
If anyone thought he was done athletically just look at the block he had last night when Ibaka tried to dunk on him. That was one of the most above the rim blocks he's had in years and it only supports the notion that Tim is fine athletically, he's just in a horrible shooting slump. Everything is just so flat

EVAY
11-28-2013, 07:00 PM
I keep telling people that Duncan's shot is off because other teams have figured out how to keep him off his 'sweet spots'. He is catching the ball further and further away from the basket. Then he still tries to take the shot and it misses, almost always short. If he is not willing to do the early work to fight to get back to his sweet spots, he is gonna have to work on a longer range jumper, which he does not have now and has never had on a reliable basis in the past. This, to me, is about Duncan willing to fight. Last night he fought on defense and it showed. He didn't fight as much on offense, and unless he got the ball right next to the basket he wasn't able to score.

Man In Black
11-28-2013, 07:11 PM
You tablet peeps need to take advantage of keyboards with swipe or gesture typing. It's easy. And yes, laptop sales are dying.

Sean Cagney
11-28-2013, 07:14 PM
If anyone thought he was done athletically just look at the block he had last night when Ibaka tried to dunk on him. That was one of the most above the rim blocks he's had in years and it only supports the notion that Tim is fine athletically, he's just in a horrible shooting slump. Everything is just so flat

Maybe he needs to shoot less of his jumpers from midrange and take it in the post more to get easier buckets like he used to. I love Tims game but he relies on jumpers more since he lost the weight (Which worked out last year).

SpurSwag
11-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Maybe he needs to shoot less of his jumpers from midrange and take it in the post more to get easier buckets like he used to. I love Tims game but he relies on jumpers more since he lost the weight (Which worked out last year).

Well the jumpers are definitely by design to lighten the load on him as much as possible, and he was pretty damn effective at it last year. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he had the lower percentage on jumpers this year with like a minimum of 30 attempts this season, but I'm pretty confident he'll snap out of it. But yeah for now he should look to get to the line as much as possible to get a rhythm

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 07:48 PM
You tablet peeps need to take advantage of keyboards with swipe or gesture typing. It's easy. And yes, laptop sales are dying.

Ugh. Swype.....swipe.....whatever it is.... Annoying! I long for the days I didn't need a mouse. Hotkeys and machine gun type rate is the way to go. But I respect you guys who can do it differently.

PlayNando
11-29-2013, 01:32 AM
You in the right thread, bro?

PlayNando
11-29-2013, 01:32 AM
Tim looks so bad I wonder how anybody, after 100 years in the game, could be so out to lunch in every aspect. Sure he's slowed down from 1998, but damn, what's wrong with his head? early onset Alzheimer's?

Skull-1
11-29-2013, 01:54 AM
You in the right thread, bro?

Yeah. He is in the right thread.

Or as you said....

Are you speaking English? Or are you just illiterate?

james evans
11-29-2013, 07:11 AM
don't worry guys, when he starts having another good game, popovich will sit him down and save him for the next game..

Skull-1
11-29-2013, 11:00 AM
don't worry guys, when he starts having another good game, popovich will sit him down and save him for the next game..

DMC
11-29-2013, 04:31 PM

I got my tablet as a gift. I was looking at the Asus ROG laptop. Not cheap but my BIL has one and it's pretty damn sweet.

hyhy
11-29-2013, 08:07 PM
:lmao /thread

Cry Havoc
11-29-2013, 08:11 PM

Duncan taking a steaming dump on the "what have you done for me lately" crowd.

DMC
11-29-2013, 08:17 PM

So the first 15 games is no indication, but that 16th game, the one against the powerhouse in Orlando, that's the indicator. Got it.

1/16th of the total sample. Didn't you say you belong to MENSA or something like that?

Staplepuffs27
11-29-2013, 08:28 PM
So the first 15 games is no indication, but that 16th game, the one against the powerhouse in Orlando, that's the indicator. Got it.

1/16th of the total sample. Didn't you say you belong to MENSA or something like that?Duncan shredded Portland... RIGHT after his injury. He can still dominate against god teams and scrubby teams alike.

Expert
11-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Little premature?

Cry Havoc
11-29-2013, 08:34 PM

1/16th of the total sample. Didn't you say you belong to MENSA or something like that?

He's had other good games this year. And he's looks sharp on his off ball movement. As I said many times, if his shot was falling NO one would be worried about him or saying he's done.

007nites
11-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Welcome back Timmy :toast

DMC
11-29-2013, 09:27 PM
He's had other good games this year. And he's looks sharp on his off ball movement. As I said many times, if his shot was falling NO one would be worried about him or saying he's done.

I haven't seen anyone saying he's done. I've seen some people questioning his motivation to play. I don't think anyone here thinks he lost his abilities in just a few months. Instead, he seems to have lost his drive, at least a good part of it.

If he was averaging 25 and 15, sure, no one would question it.

DMC
11-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Duncan shredded Portland... RIGHT after his injury. He can still dominate against god teams and scrubby teams alike.

It's not that he can or cannot, it's that he will or will not.

Cry Havoc
11-29-2013, 09:34 PM
I haven't seen anyone saying he's done.

Did you really say that in a thread entitled, "Is Tim Duncan Officially Done?"

TXstbobcat
11-29-2013, 09:36 PM
19 pts and 9 rebounds in only 23 minutes tonight. Shot 8/13. Nice game for Tim.

Reck
11-29-2013, 09:39 PM
At the age he's at he's just pacing himself for when it matters.

No sense in going balls deep right now and have nothing by the end of the season.

dbreiden83080
11-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Just been coasting I guess.

Staplepuffs27
11-29-2013, 11:01 PM
I haven't seen anyone saying he's done. I've seen some people questioning his motivation to play. I don't think anyone here thinks he lost his abilities in just a few months. Instead, he seems to have lost his drive, at least a good part of it.

If he was averaging 25 and 15, sure, no one would question it.What?! Look at the title of the thread. Clearly, people have given up on him and believe he's done.

SanDiegoSpursFan
11-29-2013, 11:07 PM
His numbers at home are a lot worse than his numbers on the road.

tim_duncan_fan
11-29-2013, 11:10 PM
To be fair, he wasn't playing against Ibaka tonight. I'll stop worrying when he plays well against a professional team.

look_at_g_shred
11-29-2013, 11:33 PM
lol

Shastafarian
11-29-2013, 11:46 PM
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachments/toyota-truck-4runner/499025d1265264958-91-4runner-200-bucks-backpedal.jpg

DMC
11-30-2013, 01:06 AM

Duncan shredded Portland... RIGHT after his injury. He can still dominate against god teams and scrubby teams alike.

Did you really say that in a thread entitled, "Is Tim Duncan Officially Done?"

What?! Look at the title of the thread. Clearly, people have given up on him and believe he's done.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachments/toyota-truck-4runner/499025d1265264958-91-4runner-200-bucks-backpedal.jpg

Let's see how this progresses. It promises some lulz

weeks
11-30-2013, 03:34 AM
Let's not pretend his play hasn't been worrisome lately. This could be the start of him finding his groove for the season

Shastafarian
11-30-2013, 07:57 AM
Let's see how this progresses.

I'd rather start a premature thread about a player's demise tbh

hyhy
11-30-2013, 10:03 PM
:lmaox2

ohmwrecker
12-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Bump.

Libri
12-02-2013, 10:44 PM
:)

BatManu20
12-02-2013, 10:46 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Timmy-Hand-Clap.gif

elmanutres
12-11-2013, 08:39 PM
12 pts 6-8 in 1st quarter alone so far

007nites
12-11-2013, 09:07 PM
On pace for a 30 point and 20 rebounds game if he plays the full 2nd half which he probably won't because we are close to blowing them out.

Arcadian
12-11-2013, 09:28 PM

Shastafarian
12-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Let's see how this progresses. It promises some lulz
Duncan overcame his genetic predisposition to commit crime right? So he can overcome a slow start.

:rollin

DMC
12-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Duncan overcame his genetic predisposition to commit crime right? So he can overcome a slow start.

:rollin

Bucks....

But Tim has improved a bit. There's only really been a couple tests and the Spurs as a whole have failed it, but we'll give it more time.

Shastafarian
12-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Bucks....

But Tim has improved a bit. There's only really been a couple tests and the Spurs as a whole have failed it, but we'll give it more time.It hasn't just been against the Bucks. You picked the wrong player to use for trolling. Should've used Green. That thread would have staying power.

tim_duncan_fan
12-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Bucks is a very good point, regardless of DMC's intent.

He wet the bed against all the top teams in the league so far.

DMC
12-11-2013, 11:54 PM
It hasn't just been against the Bucks. You picked the wrong player to use for trolling. Should've used Green. That thread would have staying power.

Green never got started. How could he be officially done?

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-12-2013, 12:35 PM
With Tim's playing style he could play until he's 50 and still be fairly effective in this league.

He'll be done when he says he's done.

spurraider21
01-08-2014, 02:32 AM

hater
01-08-2014, 04:37 AM
Green never got started. How could he be officially done?

Green most definitely got started. You don't make history in the Finals by being in the off position.

Robz4000
01-08-2014, 06:03 AM
Welp, we can dismiss this thread for at least another season.

elemento
01-08-2014, 07:23 AM
Duncan taking a dump on this thread :lmao

look_at_g_shred
01-08-2014, 11:08 AM

Kool Bob Love
03-31-2014, 09:17 PM
DMC

DesignatedT
03-31-2014, 09:22 PM
https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.net/uploads/image/file/40856/cropped_DuncanPosterHibbertCU.gif?ts=1396314226

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Is this it for him? I know people don't just go tits up, but at some point his game will show the signs, and they seem to be showing them now.

Is he done? Will he just ride out the season chucking up line drives at the front of the rim with zero arc on the ball? How is that fundamentally sound? in fact, why he considered to be fundamentally sound? His shot is shit, he makes it sometimes, but it's a line drive. He uses the backboard, that's about it, and he's got decent footwork beneath the rim on both ends. Otherwise, he's just a recipient of a decent system. He kicked ass back in the day, but he's been mailing it in for years and finally last season his divorce pissed him off enough to light a fire under his ass and get him away from the D&D table long enough to actually improve in the off season.

Is he done?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

pgardn
03-31-2014, 10:27 PM
He is slower, really needs Tiago and Boris to set those high screens.

I think we will keep him.
2 more years please.

look_at_g_shred
03-31-2014, 10:31 PM

DMC
03-31-2014, 10:32 PM
Battier

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-31-2014, 11:35 PM
Useless thread tbh.

beallionaire
04-01-2014, 08:56 AM
https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.net/uploads/image/file/40856/cropped_DuncanPosterHibbertCU.gif?ts=1396314226

no words needed...GOAT

Mel_13
04-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Battier

:sleep

What's next?

6?

Kobe: 5
TOSB: 4?

Lame thread, lame response to being called on a lame thread.

bigfan
04-01-2014, 09:49 AM
is this thread officially horseshit?

DMC
04-02-2014, 12:09 AM

What's next?

6?

You're likely the most trollable user on the entire site.

anonoftheinternets
04-02-2014, 08:06 AM
You're likely the most trollable user on the entire site.

another predictably bad response.... but but but ... i was just trolling ... :sleep

(and soon to come , "see i trolled another one response" ...)

look_at_g_shred
04-02-2014, 09:12 AM

What's next?

6?

This should read :
TOSB-5
Duncan-4

Mel_13
04-02-2014, 09:43 AM
another predictably bad response.... but but but ... i was just trolling ... :sleep

(and soon to come , "see i trolled another one response" ...)

It's the predictably sad response from a poster who was never able to hold his own in actual basketball discussions.

Although not quite as sad as the fact that he's a grown man who trolls internet message boards in a desperate attempt to gain e-approval from a handful of anonymous people less than half his age. That's really sad.

Shastafarian
08-27-2014, 03:35 PM
He's done getting 5.

look_at_g_shred
08-27-2014, 04:11 PM
Battier
made battier and fisher retire :hat

dbreiden83080
08-27-2014, 05:08 PM
Yes he sucks..

100%duncan
08-28-2014, 01:05 AM