PDA

View Full Version : Kim Kardashian raises $40 million for Phillipines disaster....keeps $39

Thebesteva
11-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Fucking absurd man....wow

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/kim-kardashian-latest-charity-move-incites-fury-174603145.html

My bad, I meant to state she kept 90% of the charity she raised. The $40 million figure was stuck in my head. None the less, according to twitter posts she did raise over $1 million.

Blake
11-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Actually she's worth $40 mill

DMC
11-22-2013, 03:18 PM
I see nothing wrong with it. She said "a portion of the proceeds". It's not a charity auction. She could just tell them to fuck off. BTW, how much did OP give?

And learn to read. Your title is misleading. Jumping the gun, again. There's plenty to not like about that horde, but this isn't one of them.

mrsmaalox
11-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Like we didn't already know she's a whore.

Trainwreck2100
11-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Komen pulls the same shit and nobody bitches about that

Blake
11-22-2013, 03:23 PM
I see nothing wrong with it. She said "a portion of the proceeds". It's not a charity auction. She could just tell them to fuck off. BTW, how much did OP give?

And learn to read. Your title is misleading. Jumping the gun, again. There's plenty to not like about that horde, but this isn't one of them.

There isn't anything wrong with it. 10% is better than 0%.

But if you're worth $40 mill and you want to keep 90% of your sales, you're just begging for people to call you out

DMC
11-22-2013, 03:35 PM
There isn't anything wrong with it. 10% is better than 0%.

But if you're worth $40 mill and you want to keep 90% of your sales, you're just begging for people to call you out

Really? I don't see anyone calling out any of the big corporations who do this shit at a much lower percentage. Again, it's not a charity sale.

Spur|n|Austin
11-22-2013, 03:36 PM

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/kim-kardashian-latest-charity-move-incites-fury-174603145.html

Where did you get those figures in the title?

DJR210
11-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Thread title misleading. I don't blame her for making money. Now if the thread title was accurate, that would be a huge PR issue.

Trainwreck2100
11-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Really? I don't see anyone calling out any of the big corporations who do this shit at a much lower percentage. Again, it's not a charity sale.

do the people that follow the kardasians strike you as "corporate watchdogs"

Blake
11-22-2013, 03:51 PM

I do.

m>s
11-22-2013, 03:56 PM
This exactly why me and one of my comrades are always saying how we won't give to charity and declining when solicited. If rather buy a Christmas present for the poor nephews of my neighbor down the street so that maybe they'll grow up happy and become productive members of society someday. Something where I actually know where the money is going. Some of these "charities" got caught giving 1%.

Rogue
11-23-2013, 03:28 AM
I'm poor as shit currently but I believe I'll get rich someday. I used to be determined to donate all my wealth to charities before I died (since I'm a lifelong celibate, I wouldn't have no children to bequeath my wealth to) but now I have to think it over again.

HarlemHeat37
11-23-2013, 03:38 AM

:lmao..

mouse
11-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Who cares what that STD petri dish Kim Kardashian does with her time and money you should be more upset with the clueless igmo's who were foolish enough to donate.

KN4V6Tcr4zg

DMC
11-23-2013, 11:51 AM

My bad, I meant to state she kept 90% of the charity she raised. The $40 million figure was stuck in my head. None the less, according to twitter posts she did raise over $1 million.

So she received over 1 million (not raised) from sale of her merchandise and donated over 100K to charity. Sounds like a decent donation to me. Also, lmao at how you fucked up and then you go "none the less (it's actually nonetheless), according to twitter posts..." like it was just a math error instead of you trying too hard. Typical Lakers fan tbh.

Bill_Brasky
11-23-2013, 11:59 AM

really? because i see people calling them out daily and nothing being done about it because every one's life is just convenient enough for it to not be worth the hassle.