PDA

View Full Version : (OT) Monroe: Pop- ‘I’ve always wondered what would have happened with Vietnam’

lefty
11-22-2013, 07:15 PM
MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Like nearly every member of the generations for whom it was a life-changing experience Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich, 64, reflected Friday on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy on the 50th anniversary of the tragic event.
Popovich was a high school student in Merrillville, Ind., when the 35th President of the United States was shot to death in Dallas.
“The big thing I’ve always wondered about was what would have happened with Vietnam,” said Popovich, who would attend the U.S. Air Force Academy from 1966-70, during the escalation of the Vietnamese conflict. “Would he have been smart enough to get us out of that quagmire? It sort of started with him in office, but we’ll never know.
“No wonder we don’t trust our government. What we got was a bunch of lies from politicians. It was just a series of ideologue misjudgments and the lies on top of that.
“I think that was the beginning of the downfall, really, of our country. We lost the trust we had gained through the second World War, and our economic stability and, all of a sudden, it all started going downhill.
“What I always think about is what would have happened with the damned Vietnam war. That’s always a big question.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/11/22/popovich-on-jfk-assassination-ive-always-wondered-what-would-have-happened-with-vietnam/

lefty
11-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Mods (Keri and Tem pls)

Someone else already posted it in the political forum

Close dis thread pls :cry

Skull-1
11-23-2013, 10:56 AM
IBTL.

spurs1990
11-23-2013, 12:29 PM
I think these Spurs related posts should remain on the main board.

There are plenty of folks who don't venture much if at all outside the main forum so I appreciate the link. Would never have seen it otherwise.

Thanks OP.

boutons_deux
11-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Pop, even with his conventional AF/military background, is quite the cynical, skeptical subversive, which is the only credible, intelligent attitude, for today and has been for decades.