PDA

View Full Version : How is this team supposed to beat Indiana or Miami with the Tony Parker System?

apalisoc_9
11-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Duncan's going to get his game back obviously, but Tony Parker has got to be the weakest Point guard in terms of game recognition. Great game from him today, but he's going to pull another 6/24 in the finals against either Indiana or Miami.

Kool Bob Love
11-22-2013, 10:36 PM
:cryBut but but Manu's 8 turnovers.:cry

RD2191
11-22-2013, 10:37 PM
:lmao

Robz4000
11-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Spurs would beat Indy in 5 even if Tony went hero mode tbh...

timmy2003
11-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Let's worry about getting out of the West first.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-22-2013, 10:42 PM
george hill would get rapped by TP in the pickn roll. it would look sort of like the 10 wcsf when nash and dragic had their way with him.

apalisoc_9
11-22-2013, 10:47 PM
george hill would get rapped by TP in the pickn roll. it would look sort of like the 10 wcsf when nash and dragic had their way with him.

Indiana has enough long players to defend Parker the same way Miami defended him in the finals..Dude's going to go heroball again and lose because of it..

jon123spurs
11-22-2013, 10:59 PM
1/10

wildcardX
11-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Long way from now to the finals. Plus other teams have their own weaknesses to address.

TE
11-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Spurs had Miami beat with the Tony Parker system, tbh

freetiago
11-22-2013, 11:17 PM
I think only 2 teams shot over 50% from the field vs Indiana last season and those teams were OKC and SA
and SA did it twice
Hibbert is too slow to guard Parker on the perimeter and rotate
as long as you make the second pass when he goes vertical you get layups all day
then obviously the Spurs know how to pass for open 3s if they do rotate out to cover for Hibbert

series wouldnt go more then 5
Miamis pick and roll blitzing defense exposes the Spurs more since it forces other guys to make plays and Tony and Diaw are the only 2 guys on the team who can do that right now
we saw what happened tonight when Green tried to do it gifting Conley like 5 steals

Sean Cagney
11-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Let's worry about getting out of the West first.

People are wayy ahead of themselves in here to say the least.

TE
11-22-2013, 11:34 PM

People are wayy ahead of themselves in here to say the least.
Tbh. Wish we could warp to the last week of the regular season in good health with a top two seed in the West (preferably higher than Miami's record)

Sean Cagney
11-22-2013, 11:58 PM
Tbh. Wish we could warp to the last week of the regular season in good health with a top two seed in the West (preferably higher than Miami's record)
DAMN RIGHT! I agree. I want that #1 seed though honestly. If we run into a few teams I feel the Spurs would really benefit from that and yes MIAMI as you mention is at the top of that list.

will_spurs
11-23-2013, 08:06 AM
1/10

Macca76
11-23-2013, 09:08 AM
1/10

look_at_g_shred
11-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Op.......Fall back.

Darius McCrary
11-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Parker ravaged kaang before he hurt his hamstring tbh

PÒÓCH
11-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Why are we getting ahead of ourselves? Finals? Don't count the chickens before they've hatched.

TheGreatYacht
11-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Duncan's going to get his game back obviously, but Tony Parker has got to be the weakest Point guard in terms of game recognition. Great game from him today, but he's going to pull another 6/24 in the finals against either Indiana or Miami.
And Manu is gonna pull 14 turnovers in Game 6 and 7 :lmao
Give me a PG shooting 54% any day idiot ;)

Sean Cagney
11-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Op.......Fall back.

TheGreatYacht
11-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Op.......Fall back.

Skull-1
11-25-2013, 12:43 AM

Yep. But Miami had the Manu Turnobili System to counter it.

spurraider21
11-25-2013, 12:43 AM
we were 6 away from doing it last year, so its certainly not out of the realm of possibility to win the title

Skull-1
11-25-2013, 12:44 AM
And Manu is gonna pull 14 turnovers in Game 6 and 7 :lmao
Give me a PG shooting 54% any day idiot ;)

Stop speaking truth or I will have you banned. This is your second warning. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
11-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Yep. But Miami had the Manu Turnobili System to counter it.

:clap

TheGreatYacht
11-25-2013, 12:46 AM
Stop speaking truth or I will have you banned. This is your second warning. :lmao

And I'm gonna get your IP address thanks to a FREE program I downloaded off google LOL

apalisoc_9
11-25-2013, 01:30 AM
And I'm gonna get your IP address thanks to a FREE program I downloaded off google LOL

Are you going to call the cops?

TheGreatYacht
11-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Are you going to call the cops?

Why would I? Lol you ain't shit :rollin

apalisoc_9
11-25-2013, 01:42 AM
LOL just took a picture. Thanks for being an idiot. I can press charges for hacking. Not my fault people think your threads are dumb

TheGreatYacht
11-25-2013, 01:47 AM

You think I was serious? you didn't ban me dumbass, you're just a nut hugger with a FREE program to get IP's whoop t fucking do. Ban me I wanna see it :corn:

apalisoc_9
11-25-2013, 01:49 AM
You think I was serious? you didn't ban me dumbass, you're just a nut hugger with a FREE program to get IP's whoop t fucking do. Ban me I wanna see it :corn:

:rollin

TheGreatYacht
11-25-2013, 01:51 AM
:rollin

Waiting :king

ElNono
11-25-2013, 01:53 AM
If Tony shots 54% in the Finals we win... but I can't fault him... he played as hard as everybody out there.

TheGreatYacht
11-25-2013, 01:56 AM
If Tony shots 54% in the Finals we win... but I can't fault him... he played as hard as everybody out there.

Yeah, and the Heat double teaming him off screens didn't help neither. I doubt it'll be the same story this year with this bench :tu

apalisoc_9
11-25-2013, 02:06 AM

He played hard to get finals MVP cause he was too worried he might lose it to kawhi or Duncan..That faggot..

Manu had a better Finals IMO

ezau
11-25-2013, 02:16 AM
IMO, Belinelli's playmaking and Diaw's new-found aggressiveness will be huge if the Spurs ever face the Heat again. It's too early too tell at this point, but the most important thing is for the team to stay healthy when the playoffs roll around.

SupremeGuy
11-25-2013, 02:26 AM
No one believes me, but I think this bitch cost us the finals when he started crying that the Heat were still leaving Green open. He wasn't fucking happy winning with Green probably winning the MVP, he wanted to be "the guy."

Skull-1
11-25-2013, 04:52 AM
He played hard to get finals MVP cause he was too worried he might lose it to kawhi or Duncan..That faggot..

Manu had a better Finals IMO

For the Heat.

Fireball
11-25-2013, 08:06 AM
If the Heat are healthy and get into the Finals, I do not think the Spurs have a better chance to win than last season. They somehow forced Lebron into being a bad mid range jump shooter who doubted his abilities. In Game 7 both he and Wade realized that they can hit their jump shots. They will have this confidence from the start if we meet them again.

look_at_g_shred
11-25-2013, 08:59 AM
What?

BillMc
11-25-2013, 09:19 AM
If the Heat are healthy and get into the Finals, I do not think the Spurs have a better chance to win than last season. They somehow forced Lebron into being a bad mid range jump shooter who doubted his abilities. In Game 7 both he and Wade realized that they can hit their jump shots. They will have this confidence from the start if we meet them again.

Sadly, this may be true.

DMC
11-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Tony has an ego and it's what drives him to attack the paint and be unstoppable at times. Otherwise he's a mid level PG. We don't want that. Sure Tony can just go out there and distribute the ball, but do you think Tony is making that call himself? Pop probably tells Tony "I want you to take at least 20 shots tonight" because Pop knows Tony has to get going, because it opens up the shooters when Tony attacks, and because all the ball movement can happen when Manu enters the game.

look_at_g_shred
11-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Tony in hero mode = God mode. Don't care what anyone thinks...

Leetonidas
11-25-2013, 10:12 AM
It's like people forgot how TP got injured in the Finals and how his hero ball almost gave the Spurs their most important win in franchise history before Pop/Ray Allen fucked it up

hyhy
11-25-2013, 10:16 AM

Well we have a bench this year

BillMc
11-25-2013, 10:17 AM
It's like people forgot how TP got injured in the Finals and how his hero ball almost gave the Spurs their most important win in franchise history before Pop/Ray Allen fucked it up

People also forget that our last regular season swoon coincided with Tony's injury.

And those that say Tony was "jealous" of Green being a potential Finals MVP, well this may be true emotionally, but he still passed him the ball. Green got his shots those last 2 games, they were simply off and more contested by the Heat defense. It's not like Tony froze him out. Not at all actually.

11-25-2013, 10:51 AM

I think they should still try it, but if Lebron and Wade are hitting it then they should adjust. I feel like in gm 7 they could have slowed lebron down if once he started hitting shots, they forced him to drive into the paint where Timmy and splitter were defending well.

Skull-1
11-25-2013, 11:15 AM

He was faking it. I am not convinced he was really hurt. He was "p.r. hurt" just like Wade.

Sean Cagney
11-25-2013, 01:10 PM
What?

OP needs to fall back.

Leetonidas
11-25-2013, 01:20 PM
He was faking it. I am not convinced he was really hurt. He was "p.r. hurt" just like Wade.

Disagree. Both were hurt, Wade was especially noticeable. Take off the tinfoil hat bro :lol

Skull-1
11-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Disagree. Both were hurt, Wade was especially noticeable. Take off the tinfoil hat bro :lol

Parker didn't look hurt to me. He looked "defended".

hater
11-25-2013, 02:45 PM

pretty much the only thing that makes sense in the entire thread :tu

still IF Spurs somehow make the Finals, and Manu avoids passing the ball to Lebron more than 6 times a game. Spurs would have a chance in hell. A small tiny chance in hell.

hater
11-25-2013, 02:46 PM
btw, this is Tony's team and has been for years now

Everyone else needs to follow Parker's lead or get the fuck out of the way

apalisoc_9
11-25-2013, 03:02 PM
btw, this is Tony's team and has been for years now

Everyone else needs to follow Parker's lead or get the fuck out of the way

yeah, but it's pretty obvious Tony doesn't lead Manu and Timmy..dude has way too much respect for the two. Sometimes when he can just go for 40, he'd rather have Manu or timmy get the ball...

look_at_g_shred
11-25-2013, 03:27 PM

still IF Spurs somehow make the Finals, and Manu avoids passing the ball to Lebron more than 6 times a game. Spurs would have a chance in hell. A small tiny chance in hell.
And everyone still favoring the Heat? Super funny how the spurs are given a tiny chance, in hell at that :lol. Even with the TD not playing how he did last year, we are a better team this year. Anyone who can't see that is an idiot.

WaywardTexan
11-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Fortunately, at most, we'd only have to play one of them.

hater
11-25-2013, 03:40 PM
And everyone still favoring the Heat? Super funny how the spurs are given a tiny chance, in hell at that :lol. Even with the TD not playing how he did last year, we are a better team this year. Anyone who can't see that is an idiot.

sure we have a better regular season team this year. but I just don't see any of the problems we had last finals fixed at all. We still have a PG that gets flustered when you stick a long defender on him, we still have a star SG that passes the ball to the opponent in finals games, we have a weak star PF that misses chip shots, we still have an icy hot startg SG that gets cold in the worst times, etc, etc, etc.

again, we'll have a chance vs. anyone if we remain healthy. But IF we make finals and vs. Heat, it'll be a tiny chance.

hater
11-25-2013, 03:40 PM

sure we have a better regular season team this year. but I just don't see any of the problems we had last finals fixed at all. We still have a PG that gets flustered when you stick a long defender on him, we still have a star SG that passes the ball to the opponent in finals games, we have a weak star PF that misses chip shots, we still have an icy hot startg SG that gets cold in the worst times, we have no true backup PG (no Patty is no backup quality PG), we still have a soft starting C, and we still have a stubborn as shit coach, oh and we still have Matt Bonner, etc, etc, etc.

again, we'll have a chance vs. anyone if we remain healthy. But IF we make finals and vs. Heat, it'll be a tiny chance.

look_at_g_shred
11-25-2013, 03:51 PM
sure we have a better regular season team this year. but I just don't see any of the problems we had last finals fixed at all. We still have a PG that gets flustered when you stick a long defender on him, we still have a star SG that passes the ball to the opponent in finals games, we have a weak star PF that misses chip shots, we still have an icy hot startg SG that gets cold in the worst times, etc, etc, etc.

again, we'll have a chance vs. anyone if we remain healthy. But IF we make finals and vs. Heat, it'll be a tiny chance. Well our back-up PG problem is fixed, and now we have Marco who seems to make Manu play better. And Diaw, don't get me started. Let's face it! Who's second team is better than ours? It's a luxury we didn't have last season and the playoffs.....I like our chances against anyone! Period!

hater
11-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Well our back-up PG problem is fixed,

howso? do you really think Patty will play quality minutes in the Finals?? I don't

and now we have Marco who seems to make Manu play better. And Diaw, don't get me started.

sure, Marco will make us better but I just don't see him making much of a matchup difference vs. the Heat.

Let's face it! Who's second team is better than ours? It's a luxury we didn't have last season and the playoffs.....

unfortunately most of our second team barely plays in the Finals.

I like our chances against anyone! Period!

hope you are right :tu

look_at_g_shred
11-25-2013, 05:23 PM
howso? do you really think Patty will play quality minutes in the Finals?? I don't

sure, Marco will make us better but I just don't see him making much of a matchup difference vs. the Heat.

unfortunately most of our second team barely plays in the Finals.

hope you are right :tu
So your telling me that the 2nd unit barley plays in the Finals? The same unit that is mainly responsible for our wins so far. Not buying it man...sorry.

hater
11-25-2013, 05:27 PM
So your telling me that the 2nd unit barley plays in the Finals? The same unit that is mainly responsible for our wins so far. Not buying it man...sorry.

Patty will not smell floor time in the Finals unless an injury or blowout. Same goes for the rest of the scrubs Ayres/Bonner/etc

that leaves only Manu+Diaw+Marco to have any kind of minutes. So no, I'd say the 2nd unit will barely see time. And when you have Lebron + Wade and Bosh playing 40 minutes a game, the "advantage" of the 2nd unit becomes null

look_at_g_shred
11-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Patty will not smell floor time in the Finals unless an injury or blowout. Same goes for the rest of the scrubs Ayres/Bonner/etc

that leaves only Manu+Diaw+Marco to have any kind of minutes. So no, I'd say the 2nd unit will barely see time. And when you have Lebron + Wade and Bosh playing 40 minutes a game, the "advantage" of the 2nd unit becomes null
I'm not talking about Bonner/Ayres when I say second unit. Im referring to this line-up Splitter/Diaw/Manu/Marco/Mills and yeah I believe Mills can out work Cole. When that unit moves the ball, we become very difficult to guard. Plus last year there was mud in the water as POP didn't have a clue who to place behind Parker...This year it has become very apparent.

tim_duncan_fan
11-25-2013, 05:52 PM
All I know is that, sometimes Parker can be a horrible ball-stopper with his wanna-be-franchise-player antics. When it works, it works great, but every once in a while an elite team will make him look like a B-level player.

hater
11-25-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm not talking about Bonner/Ayres when I say second unit. Im referring to this line-up Splitter/Diaw/Manu/Marco/Mills and yeah I believe Mills can out work Cole. When that unit moves the ball, we become very difficult to guard. Plus last year there was mud in the water as POP didn't have a clue who to place behind Parker...This year it has become very apparent.

Norris Cole?? Norris Cole saw zero minutes in game 6 and 7 and 7 minutes in game 5. Norris Cole averaged a whopping 6 minutes a game from games 4-7. Yah, I don't think Norris Cole would be seeing any playtime in the Finals either.

what is apparent? Mills is still no quality 2nd PG. He's at best a 3rd string PG and again, 3rd string PGs don't play in the finals unless blowout or injury.

look_at_g_shred
11-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Norris Cole?? Norris Cole saw zero minutes in game 6 and 7 and 7 minutes in game 5. Yah, I don't think Norris Cole would be seeing any playtime in the Finals either.

what is apparent? Mills is still no quality 2nd PG. He's at best a 3rd string PG and again, 3rd string PGs don't play in the finals unless blowout or injury.
Ok so to your point, There's no solid 2nd stringer on our team so that point is dead.

pjjrfan
11-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Tony got hurt in game 3 and was never the same guy, why does everyone forget this. Yes he isn't a pass first point, and he sometimes forgets he has 4 guys with him but when he is rolling he is hard to stop. And we've been a top 5 team the last 3 years because of him.

Diego20
11-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Tony got hurt in game 3 and was never the same guy, why does everyone forget this. Yes he isn't a pass first point, and he sometimes forgets he has 4 guys with him but when he is rolling he is hard to stop. And we've been a top 5 team the last 3 years because of him.

If you compare him with others guard, you could say that he ALWAYS forgets he's playing with 4 others. He doesn't average too much assists per game.

hater
11-25-2013, 07:06 PM
If you compare him with others guard, you could say that he ALWAYS forgets he's playing with 4 others. He doesn't average too much assists per game.

you could also say he's easily the 2nd best PG in the world.

Skull-1
11-25-2013, 07:22 PM

He wasn't hurt. He was faking it to try and get the MVP... I remember when it came up. I laughed because he was clearly not hurt.

DAF86
11-25-2013, 09:35 PM
That's the problem of having your most important offensive guy being also the smallest guy on the court, they are easier to neutralize. And it's a bitch 'cause it seems like we really need Tony to play at his usual level to be effective in the playoffs. The last few years whenever Tony played below his level we lost (Finals last season, OKC in 2012, Memphis in 2011)

hater
11-25-2013, 10:04 PM
That's the problem of having your most important offensive guy being also the smallest guy on the court, they are easier to neutralize. And it's a bitch 'cause it seems like we really need Tony to play at his usual level to be effective in the playoffs. The last few years whenever Tony played below his level we lost (Finals last season, OKC in 2012, Memphis in 2011)

agree. PG led teams have a hard time winning it all.

still IMO if Parker plays 110% and the rest of the team shows up. The Spurs have a chance in hell. Without Parker Spurs are an 8th seed

ALSO don't forget Pop, RC, Holt and the entire Spurs organization has committed and is betting the house on the PG-LED TEAM

THIS IS PARKER'S TEAM AND WE GO AS FAR AS HE TAKES US

hooperflash
11-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Spurs System!

Fireball
11-26-2013, 04:29 AM

still IF Spurs somehow make the Finals, and Manu avoids passing the ball to Lebron more than 6 times a game. Spurs would have a chance in hell. A small tiny chance in hell. well, I am not jumping on the bash Manu train, but perhaps Parker is fully healthy and that will make a difference in the other direction

anakha
11-26-2013, 05:27 AM

Jesus Christ, there are still idiots in this world who make the assists argument.

11-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Well, they were a rebound away last year, and they've actually IMPROVED, so I think we have a good chances.

In fact, barring injuring, I guarantee the Spurs win it all this year. :toast

dbreiden83080
11-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Pop needs to not fuck up..

EVAY
11-26-2013, 06:28 PM
There is no such thing as a Tony Parker system.

This is Pop's system.

This is Pop's system.

This is Pop's system.

This is Pop's system.

There is no such thing as a Tony Parker system.

cd021
11-26-2013, 10:13 PM

he had 26 in game 5

cd021
11-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Well, they were a rebound away last year, and they've actually IMPROVED, so I think we have a good chances.

In fact, barring injuring, I guarantee the Spurs win it all this year. :toast

I disagree. Everyyear there is a different set of circumstances. We could be better than a year before and not make it past the WCF or even the semi's.

timtonymanu
11-26-2013, 10:34 PM
I disagree. Everyyear there is a different set of circumstances. We could be better than a year before and not make it past the WCF or even the semi's.

Yeah there's always some flukey thing that happens. I'm actually hoping the Spurs avoid Portland in a series. Portland is off to a great start but eventually they will come back down to earth and end up a 6-8th seed. They are a bad matchup for us and I can see them upsetting us.

look_at_g_shred
11-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Don't turn the ball over and take high percentage shots. People will disagree, but make Wade and James jumpshooters once again....if they start going down, then get up in their grill.

2centsworth
11-27-2013, 03:16 PM

totally. brain dead people in this forum.

cd021
11-27-2013, 10:19 PM
After watching the OKC game. Parker does have a mini hero ball persona from time to time. I agree, but most of the time its in the 4th and he usually helps us win. That being said, Parker's play in the 2nd half was generally poor tonight.

TheGreatYacht
11-27-2013, 10:22 PM
ONE bad game, it could've been worse. 2-16 by Westbrick