PDA

View Full Version : Where's dat dude..

Interrohater
11-23-2013, 04:41 PM
..who is always talking about Spurs not being all that great because they had a low point differential? Spurs are tops in the league at the moment.

A) But they've had a cupcake schedule
-Somewhat. Even playing easy teams will take its toll when you're playing so often and with little rest in between games.

B) It's still early
-True, which is why we should take notice that they are playing so well right now. Tim Duncan, Kawhi, Danny Green, and Tony have yet to find a groove. This has been built on the backs of our superior bench, which is absolutely dominating right now.

C) Regular season means nothing
-Somewhat true. It will mean a whole hell of a lot once the playoffs begin and the Spurs have or don't have homecourt advantage.

D) Spurs are finished no matter what.
-Go f*ck yourself. Give them the benefit of doubt, they've earned at least that much by over-achieving every single year of their existence when everyone counted them out. Your pessimism is unwarranted. If you want to hate on a team, be a Cowboys fan because those guys truly suck and the way they're managed is going to keep them sucking, unlike the Spurs.

I'm not saying there will be a LOB trophy at the end of the season, but I'm sure as hell enjoying being a Spurs fan, like I have my whole life. :toast

Interrohater
11-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Also, http://espn.go.com/nba/standings to see the point differential.

barakz21
11-23-2013, 09:59 PM
..who is always talking about Spurs not being all that great because they had a low point differential? Spurs are tops in the league at the moment.

A) But they've had a cupcake schedule
-Somewhat. Even playing easy teams will take its toll when you're playing so often and with little rest in between games.

B) It's still early
-True, which is why we should take notice that they are playing so well right now. Tim Duncan, Kawhi, Danny Green, and Tony have yet to find a groove. This has been built on the backs of our superior bench, which is absolutely dominating right now.

C) Regular season means nothing
-Somewhat true. It will mean a whole hell of a lot once the playoffs begin and the Spurs have or don't have homecourt advantage.

D) Spurs are finished no matter what.
-Go f*ck yourself. Give them the benefit of doubt, they've earned at least that much by over-achieving every single year of their existence when everyone counted them out. Your pessimism is unwarranted. If you want to hate on a team, be a Cowboys fan because those guys truly suck and the way they're managed is going to keep them sucking, unlike the Spurs.

I'm not saying there will be a LOB trophy at the end of the season, but I'm sure as hell enjoying being a Spurs fan, like I have my whole life. :toast

Best part of the post tbh:toast

racm
11-23-2013, 11:35 PM
+11.5 point differential :wow :wow

therealtruth
11-24-2013, 06:13 PM
+11.5 point differential :wow :wow

The point differential is great but the defensive numbers are even better. Defense wins championships.

racm
11-24-2013, 06:21 PM
The point differential is great but the defensive numbers are even better. Defense wins championships.

Can't win with defense alone, though, which is why point differential matters.

jARS mEsH sEt
11-24-2013, 06:51 PM

Point differential is a function of defense. They're not independent entities.

heyheymymy
11-25-2013, 03:44 AM
Point differential is a function of defense. They're not independent entities.

agreed.

SupremeGuy
11-25-2013, 06:05 AM
Fuck that bitch, and seriously bro, you shouldn't give enough fuck about it either. Seriously, point differential? Go get some booze, relax, and join everyone else in laughing at assholes that give a shit about stats like that.

hyhy
11-25-2013, 07:55 AM

uh, point differential wins championships, defense alone dun.
Having a great defense in your last game does not guarantee a championship, but having a + point differential in your last game guarantees a :lobt2: