PDA

View Full Version : WTF is going on with Florida?

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 05:36 PM
I mean real talk ... Georgia Southern? seriously?

Will Muschamp should be fired before he even stepped off the field.

TheCultOfPersonality
11-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Tons of injuries, their offense sucks, and their QB sucks.

As I said in another thread, it would of been an upset if Florida won.

Splits
11-23-2013, 05:48 PM
:lol SEC scheduling these scrub Southern conference teams this late in the season

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 05:55 PM
:lol SEC scheduling these scrub Southern conference teams this late in the season

son are you being serious? it must be nice to play such a bitch made conference. who exactly has Baylor played outside of their conference this year??? ....

http://i39.tinypic.com/212yi4g.jpg

I mean just look at that bitch made schedule lol

Splits
11-23-2013, 06:06 PM
TCU was ranked at the beginning of the season and was in the entire game against LSU. You also lost to Ge:lolrgia. Your only quality win is against Auburn. Outside of Bama the SEC is on par with the Big 12 this year.

Holden_Caulfield
11-23-2013, 06:07 PM
fun fact, the jacksonville jaguars has more wins this season than georgia souther has completions in that game :lmao :lmao :lmao

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 06:13 PM
TCU was ranked at the beginning of the season and was in the entire game against LSU. You also lost to Ge:lolrgia. Your only quality win is against Auburn. Outside of Bama the SEC is on par with the Big 12 this year.

Baylor hasn't played anyone yet you think they are national title contenders. Any team would be lucky to land Baylor in the title game. Easy victory

leemajors
11-23-2013, 06:16 PM
May have learned to coddle from the best.

Holden_Caulfield
11-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Baylor hasn't played anyone yet you think they are national title contenders. Any team would be lucky to land Baylor in the title game. Easy victory
fresno st vs baylor :wow

Splits
11-23-2013, 06:18 PM

Except that's not what I said. I will say they'll beat any SEC team not named Bama, and probably badly.

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 06:19 PM
fresno st vs baylor :wow

I would take Fresno State to be honest.

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Except that's not what I said. I will say they'll beat any SEC team not named Bama, and probably badly.

no ... you said ":lol SEC scheduling these scrub Southern conference teams this late in the season " ... basically hinting as if your team scheduled a bunch of power houses or something out of the conference. which obviously looking at the schedule above Baylor has had a complete cake walk all season long. one of the easiest schedules in all of college football this year.

Splits
11-23-2013, 06:27 PM
no ... you said ":lol SEC scheduling these scrub Southern conference teams this late in the season " ... basically hinting as if your team scheduled a bunch of power houses or something out of the conference. which obviously looking at the schedule above Baylor has had a complete cake walk all season long. one of the easiest schedules in all of college football this year.

No, the implication wasn't that Baylor's schedule was tough. It was that the SEC is overrated and that was exposed by scheduling and losing to some freaking shithole team this late in November. The same Florida team that has 3 conference wins and was in games they lost to Georgia, LSU, and South Carolina (where they led in the 4th quarter last week).

Pelicans78
11-23-2013, 06:28 PM

Healthy Missouri team could hang with them. I think if Missouri had Franklin healthy all season they would be higher than Baylor.

Pelicans78
11-23-2013, 06:29 PM
No, the implication wasn't that Baylor's schedule was tough. It was that the SEC is overrated and that was exposed by scheduling and losing to some freaking shithole team this late in November. The same Florida team that has 3 conference wins and was in games they lost to Georgia, LSU, and South Carolina (where they led in the 4th quarter last week).

Big 12 isn't any good outside of Baylor. Baylor is just head and shoulders above any team in that conference outside of Okie State who lost to a shitty West Virginia team. But Missouri is as good as Baylor as well.

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 06:30 PM

yea because a conference that has won 7 straight national titles and 8 of the last 10 (with 4 different teams) along with a dominating bowl record vs other conferences is "overrated".

I'm not saying that every SEC team is better every year, but the "overrated" talk is not only absurd and spewed out of bitterness, but makes you look extremely ignorant to reality as well.

TheCultOfPersonality
11-23-2013, 06:31 PM
fun fact, the jacksonville jaguars has more wins this season than georgia souther has completions in that game :lmao :lmao :lmao
Not surprised considering that Georgia Southern runs the triple option offense.

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Alabama
Missouri
Auburn
LSU
Texas A&M

all those teams beat Baylor this season.

DMX7
11-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Alabama
Missouri
Auburn
LSU
Texas A&M

lol, no. Alabama, yes (we may see for sure though).

Michael Jordan.
:lmao SEC

Pelicans78
SEC is still the best this season. With Georgia and Florida struggling, teams like Missouri, Auburn, and Ole Miss have stepped up. South Carolina, A&M and LSU are very good as well. That conference has 8 very good teams.

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Baylor hasn't played anyone that is worthy of being ranked inside the top 20 ... Oklahoma is the only half ass decent team they have played all season long.

Pelicans78
11-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Alabama
Missouri
Auburn
LSU
Texas A&M

I only have Bama better than Baylor and Missouri just as good. I think this Baylor team is really really good. They haven't played anyone, but they're so dominant in all their wins. This game tonight will be tough and they have some injuries, but this is a special Baylor team compared to the rest of the crap in the Big 12.

Splits
11-23-2013, 06:35 PM
yea because a conference that has won 7 straight national titles and 8 of the last 10 (with 4 different teams) along with a dominating bowl record vs other conferences is "overrated".

I'm not saying that every SEC team is better every year, but the "overrated" talk is not only absurd and spewed out of bitterness, but makes you look extremely ignorant to reality as well.

Well, I mean this year. And fortunately we've got bowl games to prove it out.

Pelicans78
11-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Baylor hasn't played anyone that is worthy of being ranked inside the top 20 ... Oklahoma is the only half ass decent team they have played all season long.

I agree they have a shitty schedule, but they're consistently crushing teams week after weak and they pass, run, and defend very well. They stand out in an average conference which is barely above the Big 10 this season.

Pelicans78
11-23-2013, 06:36 PM

SEC is still the best conference this season.

Michael Jordan.
11-23-2013, 06:37 PM
SEC is still the best this season. With Georgia and Florida struggling, teams like Missouri, Auburn, and Ole Miss have stepped up. South Carolina, A&M and LSU are very good as well. That conference has 8 very good teams.

A&M is the Manziel show. SC is overrated as usual.

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 06:38 PM

I have nothing against Baylor and would like to see them succeed. I just don't think they are legit enough to win it all though. tonight they have their second legit challenge of the season. we'll see how they do.

Splits
11-23-2013, 06:40 PM
Alabama
Missouri
Auburn
LSU
Texas A&M

Delusional. Missouri if they had Franklin might be able to compete.

I'd say OK State and Oklahoma beats all those teams but Missouri, and UT would beat A&M if they matched up.

Edit: Obviously with "all those teams" I'm not including Bama.

Clipper Nation
11-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Alabama
Missouri
Auburn
LSU
Texas A&M

Bama - most likely

Mizzou and Auburn - decent chance

LSU - I wouldn't trust Les to not get thoroughly outcoached by Briles

Aggy - with that defense? LOL

Splits
11-23-2013, 06:43 PM
I have nothing against Baylor and would like to see them succeed. I just don't think they are legit enough to win it all though. tonight they have their second legit challenge of the season. we'll see how they do.

It's very unlikely Bama or FSU drops a game, so it's probably a moot point. I would like them matched up against another major conference team in a bowl game and not one of these crap undefeated schools.

Tonight will be tough though, no question. I think we haven't won in Stillwater since 1939 or something ridiculous.

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Delusional. Missouri if they had Franklin might be able to compete.

I'd say OK State and Oklahoma beats all those teams but Missouri, and UT would beat A&M if they matched up.

again ... Baylor hasn't played anyone respectable all season long. Oklahoma is the only half ass decent team they have played and we ALL know just how pathetic and overrated they are year in and year out.

none of us really know anything about Baylor because all they do is beat up on high school caliber teams.

DMX7
11-23-2013, 06:45 PM
Ohio St. is more deserving to play 'Bama. I'll give you that.

Splits
11-23-2013, 06:46 PM
again ... Baylor hasn't played anyone respectable all season long. Oklahoma is the only half ass decent team they have played and we ALL know just how pathetic and overrated they are year in and year out.

none of us really know anything about Baylor because all they do is beat up on high school caliber teams.

Like Georgia Southern?

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 06:47 PM

at this point in the season I agree.

and quite honestly that is pathetic lol. Ohio State is terrible when it counts.

Splits
11-23-2013, 06:48 PM

They'll lose to MSU in the Big 10 champ game.

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Like Georgia Southern?

no more like Wofford (is that a community college or something?) and Buffalo.

btw what does a shitty team scheduled on the bottom feeder of the SEC this season have to do with the fact that Baylor has a cake walk schedule?

Pelicans78
11-23-2013, 06:50 PM
A&M is the Manziel show. SC is overrated as usual.

But those teams are still very good overall and better than most of the Big 12 outside of Baylor and perhaps Okie St who's overrated as well.

Pelicans78
11-23-2013, 06:51 PM

No they're not. Ohio State has struggled against some of the crap in Big 10 and played no one outside of conference. Baylor has been more impressive.

Clipper Nation
11-23-2013, 06:54 PM
If you're going to scoff Baylor because of their schedule than you should think Ohio State is even LESS deserving, tbh....

Splits
11-23-2013, 06:54 PM
no more like Wofford (is that a community college or something?) and Buffalo.

btw what does a shitty team scheduled on the bottom feeder of the SEC this season have to do with the fact that Baylor has a cake walk schedule?

Maybe Chattanooga? Perhaps Idaho? Like I said, my original point had nothing to do with Baylor. I find it annoying when conferences schedule these games this late. The season is like music building to crescendo, with each week becoming more important, and then you get these BS games.

JoeTait75
11-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Alabama
Missouri
Auburn
LSU
Texas A&M

Which one of those teams would beat Ohio State?

I see one. Maybe. :stirpot:

Pelicans78
11-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Maybe Chattanooga? Perhaps Idaho? Like I said, my original point had nothing to do with Baylor. I find it annoying when conferences schedule these games this late. The season is like music building to crescendo, with each week becoming more important, and then you get these BS games.

I agree that it is a bunch of crap and these teams only do it to have an easy game before a big game the following week. Bama started the trend once Saban arrived and now everyone is doing it. I hate when SEC teams do that. These fuckers just need to play 9 conference games especially with 14 teams in the conference. 8 games is not enough.

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 06:57 PM

well regardless of your hatred of the SEC, they are the more dominant conference and have been for the last decade. Florida has had a tough schedule this year most notably ...

@ Miami
@ LSU
@ Missouri
@ South Carolina
and next Florida State

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 06:58 PM

Alabama
Missouri
Auburn
LSU

Ohio State is a complete joke when facing SEC teams. what's that bowl record again? 1-9 or 1-10? I lose count.

Michael Jordan.
11-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Florida lost to Tennesee :lol And no the SEC has not been dominant this year.

BRHornet45

you are literally too ignorant to insult.

Pelicans78

Bama and Missouri should but that's it.

Pelicans78
11-23-2013, 07:00 PM

But its still been the best.

DMX7
11-23-2013, 07:01 PM
If you're going to scoff Baylor because of their schedule than you should think Ohio State is even LESS deserving, tbh....

Not scoffing at their schedule. I can't since Ohio State's isn't anything to brag about. Ohio State is just better and more well rounded.

JoeTait75
11-23-2013, 07:03 PM
No they're not. Ohio State has struggled against some of the crap in Big 10 and played no one outside of conference. Baylor has been more impressive.

(Looks over Baylor's schedule, sees dogshit.)

Other than beating Buffalo by a larger margin I don't see why Baylor's resume is more impressive than Ohio State's, tbh. And the Bucks have teed off on their last four B1G opponents starting with their massacre of Penn State.

Michael Jordan.
11-23-2013, 07:03 PM
But its still been the best.

It also has an insane amount of shitty teams playing shitty teams.

Michael Jordan.
11-23-2013, 07:04 PM
you are literally too ignorant to insult.

Bama isn't even that dominant this year. The defenses look like Big XII

JoeTait75
11-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Bama and Missouri should but that's it.

Missouri? Ohio State doesn't lose to Missouri. They're... Missouri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfkWuDTsicg

Of course they could lose to a number of SEC teams. But they could beat every one of them, including Alabama, imo.

BRHornet45
11-23-2013, 07:15 PM
put it this way ... if either Baylor or Ohio State land in the title game with Bama ... I'm literally going to put up at least $10,000 on Bama.

and yes I'm being serious.

symple19
11-23-2013, 07:18 PM
What's going on in here? :lol

Obstructed_View
11-23-2013, 07:44 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol

The Big Ten.

Obstructed_View
11-23-2013, 07:52 PM
And we know there's no way that Florida should even be in the game next week, but they've got way too much talent to lose to GS. An angry and embarrassed Gator team might be able to step it up. This is their bowl game.

Pelicans78
11-23-2013, 08:15 PM
It also has an insane amount of shitty teams playing shitty teams.

You mean like any other conference?

Pelicans78
11-23-2013, 08:16 PM
(Looks over Baylor's schedule, sees dogshit.)

Other than beating Buffalo by a larger margin I don't see why Baylor's resume is more impressive than Ohio State's, tbh. And the Bucks have teed off on their last four B1G opponents starting with their massacre of Penn State.

I agree OSU has been impressive the last 4 games, but Baylor has been impressive all season compared to Ohio State who struggled in some of their games. Baylor hasn't had any struggles.

Obstructed_View
11-23-2013, 09:18 PM
The Big Ten is a house of cards that all hinges on Northwestern having been massively overrated earlier. Ohio State's lucky they've only dropped one spot.

JoeTait75
11-24-2013, 12:38 PM
The Big Ten is a house of cards that all hinges on Northwestern having been massively overrated earlier. Ohio State's lucky they've only dropped one spot.

Ohio State has won 23 consecutive games and people just want to drop them in the polls at every opportunity. It's getting ridiculous, tbh, especially since in a way they're still being penalized by the public for things that happened years ago. (namely, the BCS title losses to SEC teams.)

I really hope things could break the right way b/c IMO Ohio State can beat any team in the country at a neutral site.

But, whatever. If they get locked out of the BCS title but go 14-0 and win the Rose Bowl I'd consider that a National Championship season.

pgardn
11-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Ohio State has won 23 consecutive games and people just want to drop them in the polls at every opportunity. It's getting ridiculous, tbh, especially since in a way they're still being penalized by the public for things that happened years ago. (namely, the BCS title losses to SEC teams.)

I really hope things could break the right way b/c IMO Ohio State can beat any team in the country at a neutral site.

But, whatever. If they get locked out of the BCS title but go 14-0 and win the Rose Bowl I'd consider that a National Championship season.

Makes sense.

Ohio State fans claim about 15 National Championships when they look really hard.

BRHornet45
11-24-2013, 11:39 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/30carv5.jpg

Obstructed_View
11-25-2013, 03:03 AM

All of us feel really sorry that your team was so heavily penalized by a preseason #2 ranking they didn't deserve. :lol

Northwestern was massively overrated, so both OSU and Wisconsin got a boost from beating them, which turned out to be no difficult feat. If you look at the schedules, you see a lot of wins from them and Minnesota against ranked Big Ten teams that probably never deserved the rankings they had at the time the wins took place. It's understandable that every Ohio State fan in the world points to irrelevant games from last season; apparently those are important to the poll voters as well.

The most appropriate thing about the final year of a non-playoff system is that Ohio State be the team to get screwed by it.

JoeTait75
11-25-2013, 06:54 AM
All of us feel really sorry that your team was so heavily penalized by a preseason #2 ranking they didn't deserve. :lol

Well they were ranked #2 and they've won every game since. So it makes no sense that they're #3 now. Did people not think the B1G was weak going into the season?

Northwestern was massively overrated, so both OSU and Wisconsin got a boost from beating them, which turned out to be no difficult feat.

I don't know why you're transfixed on Northwestern. Ohio State didn't move up in the polls after beating NW. That game did nothing for them. NW was #22 in the preseason poll, big deal. If you want to talk about preseason polls, Wisconsin and Michigan State were underrated.

It's understandable that every Ohio State fan in the world points to irrelevant games from last season; apparently those are important to the poll voters as well.

More relevant than assessing Ohio State's BCS title bona-fides based at least in part on games that took place 6-7 years ago, tbh.

The most appropriate thing about the final year of a non-playoff system is that Ohio State be the team to get screwed by it.

Ohio State has never unfairly benefited from the BCS system.

I get that Ohio State isn't real popular outside its own fanbase. Buckeye fans are the Red Sox Nation of college football. You shouldn't let that cloud your judgment though.

JoeTait75
11-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Makes sense.

Ohio State fans claim about 15 National Championships when they look really hard.

7, to be exact, and only one of those (1970) is complete nonsense (Texas has an equally nonsensical NC claim from 1970, fwiw.) Some programs claim National Championships dating back to the last Ice Age.

If Ohio State runs the table, including wins over a pretty good Sparty team and the Pac-10 champion in a virtual road game (which the Rose Bowl has always been for the B1G) thus making it 26 consecutive wins, I'm not sure what else they can do to state their case.

NFO
11-25-2013, 12:33 PM

As a buckeye fan I only claim 7.

Mis-informed poster tbh.

Maybe you are thinking about Aggy or Bama fans

symple19
11-25-2013, 02:08 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/30carv5.jpg

:lmao

symple19
11-25-2013, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure what else they can do to state their case.

Playing Cal OOC the last couple years has hurt you guys badly. They're a doormat in the PAC, although I realize it's difficult to project when you have to schedule teams years in advance

Looks like you've got Virginia Tech and Cincy next year OOC, which is nice. Both are bowl teams and both will improve your standing in the computers. Can't control how shitty the Big10 is, but you can certainly try to schedule tougher games OOC

symple19
11-25-2013, 02:29 PM
As a buckeye fan I only claim 7.

Mis-informed poster tbh.

Maybe you are thinking about Aggy or Bama fans

Bama fans are the worst. What's appalling is that they already have the most NC's and still feel the need to claim more :lol

JoeTait75
11-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Playing Cal OOC the last couple years has hurt you guys badly. They're a doormat in the PAC, although I realize it's difficult to project when you have to schedule teams years in advance.

Vanderbilt backing out of a scheduled meeting this year hurt, too. OSU scheduled Cal back when Tedford had that program rolling. They have Oklahoma for 2015 and '16.

Would be nice to play an SEC opponent during the regular season. Ohio State hasn't played an SEC opponent in-season since LSU in 1987 and '88. IIRC they were supposed to play Tennessee at the end of the decade but the Vols backed out.

symple19
11-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Vanderbilt backing out of a scheduled meeting this year hurt, too. OSU scheduled Cal back when Tedford had that program rolling. They have Oklahoma for 2015 and '16.

Would be nice to play an SEC opponent during the regular season. Ohio State hasn't played an SEC opponent in-season since LSU in 1987 and '88. IIRC they were supposed to play Tennessee at the end of the decade but the Vols backed out.
Lol, I'm sure Vandy and UTjr got scared. I'd be all for Auburn going to Colombus, but they have KState next year (in Manhattan) and Louisville in Atlanta the year after.

Looks like you're set for the next 3 years, tbh. Those games will help a lot.

NFO
11-25-2013, 09:17 PM
OSU scheduled Cal back when Tedford had that program rolling.

The series was scheduled in 2002, Tedford's first season.

The reason Vandy and Tennessee backed out was because the league wanted them to play an SEC game the first week of the season and each school did not want to hard games to begin the season. But backing out so late makes it hard to find a good replacement, which this season turned out to be.

But the Va Tech series, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, and Oregon series coming up should change the schedule perception, but time can change everything. That Oregon series is 10 years out, they could be a middle of the road program by then.