PDA

View Full Version : So Bonner is our new PG ?

lefty
11-24-2013, 02:23 AM
Dominating big man
Head coach
3 point ace
PG

What a stud

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/823646782.gif?1385268907

hyhy
11-24-2013, 02:31 AM
:lmao

Darius McCrary
11-24-2013, 02:31 AM
LOL he dribbles so funny, so high

McGusto55
11-24-2013, 02:32 AM
Fuck yea.......lol

ElNono
11-24-2013, 02:52 AM
Parker put his hands up and shook his head, playfully making Bonner bring the ball upcourt. Bonner took full advantage, calling an isolation play for himself before Parker reclaimed his job at midcourt.

''(Bonner) likes to mess with me once in a while,'' Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said, smiling. ''Matty will never get a call for (an isolation or) anything ever while I'm here.''

'We both kind of had the ball,'' Bonner said. ''It's rare when I actually get a rebound. I called an iso (isolation) for me. I would have dribbled through everybody and dunked it. But unfortunately, Tony came back and got the ball.''

:lol

Proxy
11-24-2013, 03:27 AM
hahahaha, that's gold

Darius McCrary
11-24-2013, 03:29 AM
Parker put his hands up and shook his head, playfully making Bonner bring the ball upcourt. Bonner took full advantage, calling an isolation play for himself before Parker reclaimed his job at midcourt.

''(Bonner) likes to mess with me once in a while,'' Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said, smiling. ''Matty will never get a call for (an isolation or) anything ever while I'm here.''

'We both kind of had the ball,'' Bonner said. ''It's rare when I actually get a rebound. I called an iso (isolation) for me. I would have dribbled through everybody and dunked it. But unfortunately, Tony came back and got the ball.''

Bonner should have his own weekly podcast, that guys funny

Darkwaters
11-24-2013, 03:32 AM
Bonner should have his own weekly podcast, that guys funny

4810YXU-mjI

PlayNando
11-24-2013, 03:34 AM

That's gold, tbh. :lol

playbonner15
11-24-2013, 03:39 AM
The Red Mamba shitting on ST posters' heads once again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqzpW96N_N0

Darius McCrary
11-24-2013, 03:44 AM
4810YXU-mjI
holy crap that was awesome

Splits
11-24-2013, 03:47 AM
The Red Mamba shitting on ST posters' heads once again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqzpW96N_N0

How the fuck do I spend so much time on this site and first see the "playbonner" troll at post 91?

HI-FI
11-24-2013, 04:18 AM
How the fuck do I spend so much time on this site and first see the "playbonner" troll at post 91?
He's been here awhile, no idea where his avatar is from. when I first came to this site I was going to make MattBonnerMVP as my name, mainly as a joke since people bitch about him so much.

I actually do like some of what be brings to the team and think he's gotten better/more physical in the past year.

HarlemHeat37
11-24-2013, 04:51 AM
Bonner has always been a likable nigga, but that was overshadowed by his failure to play the role of #2/3 big and Pop's insistence on having him carry a larger role than he could..it seems like everybody appreciates him more now that he's in an ideal role of #4 big, thankfully, tbh..

Boomersgold
11-24-2013, 05:33 AM
Matt Bonner = Beast!

Darkwaters
11-24-2013, 06:08 AM
holy crap that was awesome

Say what you will about Matt's game, the guy is hilarious. I think he would be a really cool guy to know and be friends with. And I imagine hes a great locker room guy.

There are several more Coach B videos, including some "The Lost Episodes" ones. Here are two more.

ubcszDt2wBg

YQjAp3F2Rus

Also, did you know he actually won a slam dunk competition in High School? Really funny also!

xMp96RXgow4

TampaDude
11-24-2013, 08:06 AM
4810YXU-mjI

LOL that was funny as hell.

"Remember, I still have broken glass severing my toes to the bone." :lol

BillMc
11-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Bonner cracks me up. He's a good guy. All the hate on here for him is a bit much.

Darkwaters
11-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Bonner cracks me up. He's a good guy. All the hate on here for him is a bit much.

Well, in fairness to his detractors, he has consistently disappeared in the playoffs and has proven himself to be fool's gold. An excellent regular season player that can't make the jump.

My point is really that, despite what you think about his game, the dude is a pretty cool and funny guy. I like Matt Bonner the person a ton. But I'm very open to trading him at the deadline for an upgrade considering his expiring contract.

LoneStarState'sPride
11-24-2013, 09:24 AM
That gif has had me laughing all damn morning :lmao

Obstructed_View
11-24-2013, 10:19 AM
That's some funny shit. He didn't even hesitate to call his own number. Gotta love Bonner for fighting his teammates for rebounds. At least he won this time.

boutons_deux
11-24-2013, 10:34 AM
LOL he dribbles so funny, so high

So does cow high

boutons_deux
11-24-2013, 10:37 AM
is to be one of the All Time Great NBA moments.

hyhy
11-24-2013, 11:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BAomDJMEwY

The red rocket isolation

sananspursfan21
11-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Times like this I really like Matt Boner er uhh Bonner

Interrohater
11-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Haha, I love how in that video as soon as he dunks, they cut to a ginger in the crowd applauding :lol

jeebus
11-24-2013, 12:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sXx10kq.jpg

credit to reddit

eric365
11-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Well, in fairness to his detractors, he has consistently disappeared in the playoffs and has proven himself to be fool's gold. An excellent regular season player that can't make the jump.

He is not at his regular season level but he improve every year in the playoff. I think this year he will have a big impact

Darius McCrary
11-24-2013, 12:27 PM
He is not at his regular season level but he improve every year in the playoff. I think this year he will have a big impact
I think if he sees any significant competitive playoff minutes Pop has lost his mind.

Interrohater
11-24-2013, 12:47 PM
I think you're insane if you think he'll have a big impact in the playoffs this year. I agree that he's actually gotten better and has done his best to lose that 'playoff choker' label, but to think that he'll be a big part of the rotation is ludicrous. Pop has shown that he's enamored with developing Ayres right now, so Bonner will only be used in specific matchups. Both Bonner and Baynes have become situational players, which is a fantastic luxury to have because they both bring superior talents in their roles: Bonner with threes and rotational defense, and Baynes with pure power and bullying defense.

Bender
11-24-2013, 12:55 PM
LOL that was funny as hell.

"Remember, I still have broken glass severing my toes to the bone." :lol

what's youtube's problem with "comments are disabled for this video"?

DMC
11-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Matt is a good chemistry guy, and it's easy to fuck up team chemistry and hard to build it. He's not the alpha chemistry guy, but he's found a niche in SA that the others understand is his. He might get traded, hard to say, but the SA front office is likely well aware of chemistry needs. It seems teams like NY and LA ignore chemistry in favor of names.

Bill_Brasky
11-24-2013, 01:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BAomDJMEwY

The red rocket isolation

after the dunk 2 of our bench guys stand up, throw the towel over their left shoulder, and clap IN UNISON.

Bill_Brasky
11-24-2013, 01:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sXx10kq.jpg

credit to reddit
:rollin at "GOAT"

timtonymanu
11-24-2013, 02:25 PM
After putting up with that ungrateful POS DeJuan Blair, I've come to appreciate Matty more.

He knows his role and actually contributed to our run last year.

xmas1997
11-24-2013, 02:42 PM
If used correctly he is a valuable piece of the puzzle.

DieHardSpursFan1537
11-24-2013, 05:25 PM
If Bonner came on this board, he would probably go into a state of depression.

eric365
11-24-2013, 05:32 PM
I think you're insane if you think he'll have a big impact in the playoffs this year. I agree that he's actually gotten better and has done his best to lose that 'playoff choker' label, but to think that he'll be a big part of the rotation is ludicrous. Pop has shown that he's enamored with developing Ayres right now, so Bonner will only be used in specific matchups. Both Bonner and Baynes have become situational players, which is a fantastic luxury to have because they both bring superior talents in their roles: Bonner with threes and rotational defense, and Baynes with pure power and bullying defense.

Sure, Baynes will be used against tall team like Memphis or last year lakers
When I say big impact I mean 4th big with something like a 10 min / game. But more important I think he'll shoot 40+ % from 3 even in big games

And I really don't believe in Ayres

playbonner15
11-24-2013, 08:59 PM

I agree with you Interrohater. Bonner will make a huge impact on your mom this year.

PlayNando
11-24-2013, 09:00 PM
I agree with you Interrohater. Bonner will make a huge impact on your mom this year.
:tu

Interrohater
11-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Wow... did you just arrive here from Imgur or Reddit? Or perhaps the 6th grade.

PlayNando
11-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Wow... did you just arrive here from Imgur or Reddit? Or perhaps the 6th grade.
Are you mad just because you got served by a superior poster? :lol

Skull-1
11-24-2013, 09:42 PM
"I have a 47-inch vertical leap." :lmao

heyheymymy
11-25-2013, 03:57 AM
just another versatile big to throw in matchup allowing and give the D a different look for 10-15 mins a game. imagine adjusting to duncan pnr mid range > diaw low post > bonner 3pt in one game, or even one half? tough adjustments to throw at a defense.

Whisky Dog
11-25-2013, 09:07 AM
That's some funny shit. He didn't even hesitate to call his own number. Gotta love Bonner for fighting his teammates for rebounds. At least he won this time.

He had just hit a 3 on the previous possession and followed it up by out fighting big bad Tony Parker for a rebound so his confidence was at an all time high.

Interrohater
11-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Are you mad just because you got served by a superior poster? :lol

You realize that you forgot to switch your trolls when responding, correct?:wakeup
Anyway, yes, I'm "mad bro."

BillMc
11-25-2013, 09:16 AM
My write-in-candidate for the All Star Ballot at guard will be "Red Rocket" of course.

PlayNando
11-25-2013, 02:47 PM
You realize that you forgot to switch your trolls when responding, correct?:wakeup
Anyway, yes, I'm "mad bro."
:lol :lol :lol

Pathetic take is pathetic, per par.

KenziE
11-25-2013, 06:03 PM
after the dunk 2 of our bench guys stand up, throw the towel over their left shoulder, and clap IN UNISON.

roger mason jr and malik hairston

Interrohater
11-25-2013, 06:56 PM
:lol that's incredible.