PDA

View Full Version : The Cards...

spurraider21
11-24-2013, 08:20 PM
In before the chuckles

Carson Palmer has been playing damn well in his last 4 games, in which the Cards are 4-0. his per game average over this stretch is:

22.3 completions on 32.3 attempts (good for 69%), 286.5 yards, 2.0 touchdowns, and 0.5 interceptions.

As we all know, the real strength of their team lies in their defense, and in these last 4 games they've allowed 11, 14, 24, and 13 points. However, 3 of these 4 games have been at home, with the one road game being against the Jaguars. The 3 home wins have come against the Colts, Texans, and Falcons. They did beat Carolina earlier in the season and also have a win against Detroit. They are a stout 5-1 at home, and a lousy 2-3 on the road, with those road wins coming against the Jaguars and Bucs. They still get a home game against the Niners, with whom they are currently tied with in the loss column for that last wildcard spot.

Their remaining games are: at Philly, vs Rams, at Titans, at Seahawks, and vs SF. anybody think they can actually grab that last wildcard spot only to get plastered in their playoff debut? I can't see them winning a road playoff game

Michael Jordan.
11-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Not really surprising. Bruce Arians is a damn good coach.

Holden_Caulfield
11-24-2013, 08:24 PM
they were a solid qb play away from the playoffs, everyone knew that.

HarlemHeat37
11-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Their schedule is pretty scary, and Palmer has been really bad against good defenses, as expected..

Horrible vs. New Orleans
Horrible vs. Carolina
Mediocre vs. SF
Bad vs. Seattle

The only good defense he played decently against was the Rams, and that was before the Rams got their shit together..

2 of their remaining opponents have elite defenses, and the Rams have a pretty good defense..

So I can't see them getting in, but that defense is scary, though..

JMarkJohns
11-24-2013, 11:27 PM
If Palmer isn't throwing INTs, they make the playoffs, even if they are punting over 50% of the time. Defense is stout, and they score enough. Just can't throw INTs.

That Rams loss will haunt them forever. Huge lead and lost. They own tie-breakers vs. Carolina and Detroit, and a win vs. Philly gives them that one as well. But they are a game behind Carolina thanks to refs last week and shitty dolphins this week.

pawe
11-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Funny the Cardinals and Carson Palmer started scoring and moving the ball after the human turnstile Levi Brown was traded away.
Im a realist so I dont think they will get the wildcard spot since they still dont have a legitimate LT and the linebacker corp is decimated hence the TEs were beasting against them.
Plus, SF is hard to beat, although they almost had them the first time they played in SF.

The Gemini Method
11-26-2013, 12:05 PM
A dangerous team nonetheless--if you can pressure Palmer he'll make mistakes. They have improved of late and coupled with the Rams, they have made the NFC West more daunting than it was earlier in the first half. The defense with Patrick Peterson is playing well and they manhandled the Colts.

AchillesHeel
11-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Ochocino made Palmer's career. He's sucked ever since(though he had the most INT's in 07). Seriously, Palmer had his best years with prime Chad. He actually led the league in comp% once(when Chad had arguably his best year).

pawe
11-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Ochocino made Palmer's career. He's sucked ever since(though he had the most INT's in 07). Seriously, Palmer had his best years with prime Chad. He actually led the league in comp% once(when Chad had arguably his best year).

Palmer is still lobbing jumpballs and laser passes all season long to all his receivers and TEs. He was giving away INTs probably because of the lack of protection and he was forcing it to Fitz early in the season.
The Cards have 2 elite WRs and a TE with WR-like hands, Palmer is a gunslinger who's not afraid of an INT and Arians is a pass happy coach so watch CP's career take flight again ala Warner.

Lincoln
11-26-2013, 01:44 PM

You don't think his acl injury which led to his throwing motion changin which led to elbow ligament damage had anything to do with it?

spurraider21
11-26-2013, 01:50 PM
I disagree. You would think a raider fan would be especially bitter about Palmer, but what I learned is the dude can absolutely play. If he gets even decent protection, he's an asset. I was in San Diego for his 2nd start as a raider and he was throwing bombs all over the place. I think he completed 14 passes for a total of 300 yards. The dude can play. It's a shame the cards first round pick, an offensive lineman, went down before the preseason started

spurraider21
11-26-2013, 01:51 PM
You don't think his acl injury which led to his throwing motion changin which led to elbow ligament damage had anything to do with it?
This. He still had some good numbers after the ACL, it was the elbow that did him in

AchillesHeel
11-26-2013, 01:58 PM

Nope.