PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: The Begging part II

Michael Jordan.
11-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Even during Miami’s incredible comeback over the Cavs during their 27-game winning streak last season, there was still a fan rushing the court with a t-shirt that read “We want LeBron 2014.” The moment convinced 24-year-old James Raggi to show LeBron James a lot of Ohioans want him back.

The fan who rushed the court on that insane night in Cleveland, James Blair, has joined James Raggi’s group “Come Home LeBron.” They’ve got a website, a Twitter account, and an Instagram page, but there are bigger events planned this season, starting this Wednesday during Miami’s first trip to Cleveland this season:

Before the Cavs host the Heat, Raggi, Blair and supporters will pass out 2,000 bright green T-shirts at three tables outside the Q from 5:30 to 7:15 p.m. Those who take a picture wearing the shirt and tweet @ComeHomeLebron will be eligible to win 2014-15 Cavs season tickets.

But that’s just the start of their campaign, aimed at getting James to leave Miami for the Cavs in free agency in July. On Monday, a Come Home LeBron billboard will go up near James’ alma mater, St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, for four or eight weeks. Another is slated for Interstate 71 at Pearl Road at the end of December for one week; it will return in mid-February and remain until the end of March.

The Cavs and two-time NBA champion Heat meet for three games this season, the last at the Q on March 18, when Raggi and his crew hope to distribute 10,000 T-shirts. Some will be passed out Dec. 14 at the opening of the renovated St. V-M gymnasium, funded by a $1 million donation from James.

“A lot of our focus is on the younger audience,” Raggi said. “We want the kids to have the same experience we did in high school, not only expecting to win, but expecting the Cavs to contend for a championship.”

The one problem standing in the way of Raggi’s group: the Cavs are pretty terrible this year, losing four of their first 10 games. Even with Andrew Bynum seeing time, and Anderson Varejao‘s continued health, they’re not very good. Only Milwaukee and Utah sport a worse offensive efficiency, and they’re 20th in defensive efficiency. They rank in the bottom 5 for effective field goal percentage, true shooting percentage, and NBA.com’s player impact estimates. They are really bad, and that’s after splurging a bit this summer in free agency (we’re looking at you Jarrett Jack).

Perhaps the most ludicrous piece of information to come out of this drive to bring LeBron James back to Cleveland is that court-storming sensation James Blair got to attend game 6 and 7 of the NBA Finals this year, and was partying with the HEAT after they won their title:

Blair has more than 7,400 Twitter followers, which still include King James. Blair was featured in the LeBron issue of ESPN The Magazine. He attended Games 6 and 7 of the NBA Finals and the Heat’s victory party, where James spotted him on the dance floor below and saluted. In an interview with Sports Illustrated about that night, James said, “Yeah, that’s James Blair, he’s my guy.”

http://i.imgur.com/1jdATCw.png

lefty
11-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Lebron says : " I won't do it for the kids "

Yeah

Lebron is gonna leave Miami and championships to play in that shithole

jimbo
11-24-2013, 10:13 PM
He's not going back, but the part about James Blair was pretty cool tbh.

ezau
11-24-2013, 10:17 PM
I understand the Cavs for begging Lebron to come back because he's the best player on the planet. What I don't understand is how a proud franchise begged for a 6'11 monkeyballer who can't even make free throws to 'stay' last offseason. :lol

Michael Jordan.
11-24-2013, 10:22 PM
I understand the Cavs for begging Lebron to come back because he's the best player on the planet. What I don't understand is how a proud franchise begged for a 6'11 monkeyballer who can't even make free throws to 'stay' last offseason. :lol

And promised him a tv show :lol

Thebesteva
11-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Nothing was as fascinating as trolling therealcavsfans board from 2008-2010. It was absolutely ASTONISHING to 'Witness' these fans who bled for Lebron and debated with me for years that Lebron was greater, suddenly, overnight after the decision start backtracking and saying Kobe is greater and that Lebron always sucked and they knew it. It really exposed how full of shit most fans are and deep down they know whats up.

Rogue
11-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Bron will stay in Miami, where $ is, even without the chance to win any more championships. Dude already suffered loss of money in 10' summer to join wade and Bosh in Miami, so he ain't leaving for nowhere as a free agent again imho.

ezau
11-24-2013, 10:47 PM
And promised him a tv show :lol

:lmao I didn't know that!

ezau
11-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Nothing was as fascinating as trolling therealcavsfans board from 2008-2010. It was absolutely ASTONISHING to 'Witness' these fans who bled for Lebron and debated with me for years that Lebron was greater, suddenly, overnight after the decision start backtracking and saying Kobe is greater and that Lebron always sucked and they knew it. It really exposed how full of shit most fans are and deep down they know whats up.

Didn't know this is a Kobe thread, tbh.

Clipper Nation
11-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Actually, it shows how bitter and salty Clevelandfan was over "The Decision," tbh :lol

Thebesteva
11-24-2013, 11:35 PM
Actually, it shows how bitter and salty Clevelandfan was over "The Decision," tbh :lol

For 3 years all I heard was Lebron is a God, Kobe road Shaq yada yada. The week before the decision that entire forum was :'( "Why is Lebronze doing this to us? I just want this to be over" then when he left "You broke my heart Lebron :'( Kobe>Lebron"

ElNono
11-25-2013, 12:14 AM

Props for this plug... just went to their board to read what they thought about last night's game...

Thebesteva
11-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Props for this plug... just went to their board to read what they thought about last night's game...

Mods allowed me to troll them for over 3 years. The moment Lebron left they banned me

Bulaien999
11-25-2013, 12:34 AM

Their threads are meltdown after meltdown tbh

DMC
11-25-2013, 01:00 AM
9GrU-JUbS20

ElNono
11-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Their threads are meltdown after meltdown tbh

I know... kinda brutal reading the game thread after that demolition :lol

Bulaien999
11-25-2013, 01:15 AM
I know... kinda brutal reading the game thread after that demolition :lol

Its tough knowing you had all these picks and not much to show for it. If drafted best available talent, they would be stacked

ElNono
11-25-2013, 01:16 AM
Its tough knowing you had all these picks and not much to show for it. If drafted best available talent, they would be stacked

Not with Mike Brown they wouldn't. :lol

I'm starting to wonder if Pop already disavowed Mike being from his coaching tree...

DMC
11-25-2013, 01:19 AM

It's full of shit all around tbh. The "knows what's up" part is just being sore losers. It's not about admitting the truth, as Kobe fans want to think. Lakers fans do that quite often when Shaq left, then when Phil left, then when Bynum left, then when Howard left...

It's just the nature of the game. You rarely see the Spurs fans do that with players that go elsewhere, but then most of our guys don't go elsewhere because the Spurs organization is the classiest in the league and they aren't a group of queers and momma's boys like other organizations.

Thebesteva
11-25-2013, 01:28 AM
9GrU-JUbS20

Seriously, please watch this second guy @ 1:22. Words cannot express what an epic beta failure this man is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTgNlIEY_fw

DMC
11-25-2013, 01:49 AM
Those guys are the epitome of butthurt. These were likely people who bought everything Lebron ever made, and they are now looking like dipshits. But hey, they have Uncle Drew now.