PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Playing some defense...

whitemamba
11-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Quick stat, last 5 out of 6 games they have held their opponents to under 100 pts, defensive efficiency is 11th in the league, allowing 101 points per hundred possessions. Everyone seems to be playing some defense, in particular hill, Johnson , Meeks,and henry, all putting in good efforts. Food for thought, last year the lakers were ranked 18th in the league in defensive efficiency...

Credit to Pringles, and the FO for working with what they have tbh..

thoughts?

Michael Jordan.
11-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Kobe aint on the floor. Simple as that.

HarlemHeat37
11-25-2013, 05:34 PM
I have a feeling it's going to begin to plummet in about a week or so, tbh..

whitemamba
11-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Kobe aint on the floor. Simple as that.

this is true, kobe is not on the floor.

I have a feeling it's going to begin to plummet in about a week or so, tbh..

They have been improving.

RsxPiimp
11-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Just shows you how valuable team chemistry is, months ago people were laughing when I said this Lakers team are going to be better :lol

They have already beaten some quality teams, last year, they were struggling against crappy ones.

HarlemHeat37
11-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Just shows you how valuable team chemistry is, months ago people were laughing when I said this Lakers team are going to be better :lol

They have already beaten some quality teams, last year, they were struggling against crappy ones.

They aren't better, there's virtually no chance that they finish with a better record than last year IMO..

Kobe is a high-volume/high-usage player, it'll be difficult to maintain chemistry when adding a player that is accustomed to having a 30% usage rate, tbh..not to mention be may be rusty from missing so much time..it'll also be difficult for him to play defense coming off a serious injury..

This Lakers team is fun to watch, though, they have an underdog feel to them, and they display nice chemistry and teamwork..

RsxPiimp
11-25-2013, 06:21 PM
I agree with your premise, with Kobe coming back and changing the whole outlook of the team, it will have a severe change in chemistry. That's the biggest question mark as they move forward and incorporate his game.

I still maintain the belief that this years Lakers' will have a better record than last year (assuming no other amount of major injury resurface) regardless of how marginal the difference is.

DMC
11-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Kobe and Nash aint on the floor. Simple as that.

fify

Rogue
11-25-2013, 11:11 PM
yes, looking through their recent games you'd have a hard time believing this team is coached by MDA tbh.

ambchang
11-26-2013, 07:17 AM
History has already shown that the lakers get about the same record with vs without Kobe. Now that the lakers are playing .500 ball, they will finish somewhere around 41-41 at the end of the season.

AchillesHeel
11-26-2013, 08:57 AM
History has already shown that the lakers get about the same record with vs without Kobe. Now that the lakers are playing .500 ball, they will finish somewhere around 41-41 at the end of the season.

45 - 37, the Pau for Rondo trade will pay off

whitemamba
11-26-2013, 01:47 PM

negative ghostrider, thats a no fly zone.