PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: if MVPau had never gone to the Lakers....

HI-FI
11-25-2013, 07:33 PM
how would things be now? since I see a lot of Laker fans upset with the new Kobe deal and a recent reappraisal/appreciation of the HOF Spaniard, it's a good time to ask. Spursfan has long appreciated the Spaniard, and it's good to see Lakerfans slowly pull their HOFer from under the bus.

That trade, like all decisions in life, had a ripple effect through time. Clearly MVPau transformed the Lakers from playoff chokers to a 3-time contenders. MVpau also transformed SpursTalk, turning it into LG Lite.

without MVPau, you would see less trolling and increased activity on the Naruto forums imo.

If Pau had not gone to the Lakers, what would have happened to the Spurs, Mavericks and Suns going forward? As a fan, that was a very interesting time as there was a huge power vacuum in LA with Shaq's departure. Spurs, Mavs and Suns were primed to exploit that vacuum, yet Stern's decision to reignite the failed MJ 2.0 project had far sweeping consequences as mentioned above.

Who do you think Lakers would've gone for if MVPau was part of a fair deal to another team, since Memphis was apparently getting much better offers from Houston and Chicago IIRC?

Do the Mavs, Suns or Spurs win a title in that 08-11 time frame had MVPau gone elsewhere?

RsxPiimp
11-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Then you'll see a lot of Bulls fans instead trolling this site?

Buddy Mignon
11-25-2013, 07:42 PM
how would things be now? since I see a lot of Laker fans upset with the new Kobe deal and a recent reappraisal/appreciation of the HOF Spaniard, it's a good time to ask. Spursfan has long appreciated the Spaniard, and it's good to see Lakerfans slowly pull their HOFer from under the bus.

That trade, like all decisions in life, had a ripple effect through time. Clearly MVPau transformed the Lakers from playoff chokers to a 3-time contenders. MVpau also transformed SpursTalk, turning it into LG Lite.

without MVPau, you would see less trolling and increased activity on the Naruto forums imo.

If Pau had not gone to the Lakers, what would have happened to the Spurs, Mavericks and Suns going forward? As a fan, that was a very interesting time as there was a huge power vacuum in LA with Shaq's departure. Spurs, Mavs and Suns were primed to exploit that vacuum, yet Stern's decision to reignite the failed MJ 2.0 project had far sweeping consequences as mentioned above.

Who do you think Lakers would've gone for if MVPau was part of a fair deal to another team, since Memphis was apparently getting much better offers from Houston and Chicago IIRC?

Do the Mavs, Suns or Spurs win a title in that 08-11 time frame had MVPau gone elsewhere?

There are at least 10 other players that could have filled Pau's shoes.

DMC
11-25-2013, 07:45 PM
There are at least 10 other players that could have filled Pau's shoes.

Free agents or people without NTC?

HarlemHeat37
11-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Tough to say, tbh..

People forget how bad the West was from 2008-2010 outside of the Lakers..the Spurs and Mavs were transitioning and on the decline, the Suns were at the end of the Nash/Amare era and you had teams like the Nuggets contending:lol..

Celtics repeat in 2009 with a healthy Garnett and probably win again in 2010 if Pau isn't with the Lakers..

Kobe eventually gets traded without the Gasol trade IMO..

HI-FI
11-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Then you'll see a lot of Bulls fans instead trolling this site?

I don't think so. Bullsfan has no beef with Spurs. I see fans of the Bulls posting on here because they respect the Spurs. similar to Heat, they just crushed us and I rarely see any of them trolling or talking shit.

HI-FI
11-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Tough to say, tbh..

People forget how bad the West was from 2008-2010 outside of the Lakers..the Spurs and Mavs were transitioning and on the decline, the Suns were at the end of the Nash/Amare era and you had teams like the Nuggets contending:lol..

Celtics repeat in 2009 with a healthy Garnett and probably win again in 2010 if Pau isn't with the Lakers..

Kobe eventually gets traded without the Gasol trade IMO..
i agree about Kobe leaving, as all indications were he was about to bolt unless the Lakers or league did something.

that Celtics team would've been interesting. They were the precursor to the Heat and would've been a similar juggernaut if not for MVPau and health issues. Sometimes I forget that even without Gasol, Spurs may not get past Celtics in that time frame.

true about that Thuggets era, that shit would've done nothing.

Deuce Bigalow
11-25-2013, 08:17 PM
I don't know who "MVPau" is? Who is that? Did you mean NotasingleMVPvoteinhiscareerPau?

ezau
11-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Lakers would have drafted Marc Gasol if I'm not mistaken, but they would've have waited a couple of years to 'contend'.

Rogue
11-25-2013, 11:17 PM
The Mavs DID win a title in 11 regardless, sweeping the defending champs Lakers in the 2nd round en route to winning their first ever NBA championship.