PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Would anyone trade for Gasol?

Michael Jordan.
11-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Just curious as he is a huge expiring, or if the Lakers will let him walk for nothing.

DMC
11-25-2013, 07:46 PM
He'll be offered a small contract or he'll return to Memphis to play with his brother.

LkrFan
11-25-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm thinking yes, but with a pause...His last few days were kind of a resurgence for him of sorts. If his play continues and he shows indications that he is turning back into some semblance of MVPau, then the Lakers have a dilemma on their hands. Do they trade him for younger pieces (considering they just inked the franchise to a 2-year extension), or do they let him walk?

As I think further on it, I think it is likely that he is traded. The likelihood of him maintaining his level of MVPau play for much past this current season is low. Some sucker GM will get heat from their owner to start making deals because they are financially in the red. $19.5M for the rest of this season provides great cap relief for teams that cannot afford to retain all of the lottery players (the ones that are on the vergeof "breaking out") they've acquired through the years due to tanking, bad coaching, bad GM, or all of the above.

I may be wrong, but I think MVPau's days as a Laker are numbered. But who is going to take him on? That's the question for me.

Clipper Nation
11-25-2013, 09:32 PM
LkrFan is saltyyyy that MVPau is balling in the absence of the $50 million man, he wants MVPau off the team ASAP! :lol

baseline bum
11-25-2013, 10:23 PM
They should trade him, as he's surely walking this summer after being the one who gets all the blame for all the Laker fuckups.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-25-2013, 10:31 PM
He's going to Memphis for Z-Bo. They might throw a pick to the Grizz too. Just from what I've been reading

Kool Bob Love
11-25-2013, 10:33 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/KoBWS67VRrWd28EMBw7k_kobe_shaq.jpg

Kool Bob Love
Lakers gonna trade him for whatever they can get.

LkrFan
LkrFan is saltyyyy that MVPau is balling in the absence of the $50 million man, he wants MVPau off the team ASAP! :lol
Why would I not want what's best for the Lakers? If bringing back Pau is what's best, then I'm down. I just don't see it though.

Rogue
11-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Pau would still be a valuable addition to a playoff team imho, or they may also trade his expiring contract to a rebuilding team that seeks financial relief.

scanry
11-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Pau is a bum tbh. Phil's last season sucked the life out of him. He would actually be a good fit in Minnesotta, Portland or even the Clippers. Pau would actually play his natural position with CP3 feeding him bunnies.

Splits
11-26-2013, 01:32 AM
Lakers will resign MVPau for about $9m/year. He's not a threat to Kirby's march to the all time scoring record, therefore he's a perfect fit. Can't sign Melo, resign some of the scrubs they have, tell em all to sit back and watch the GOAT volume scorer chuck his way to 38,388.

His contract was intentionally designed to ensure his free reign to the scoring title. Kirbs has done the math, as long as they make the playoffs and he gets those extra 12 games to chuck chuck chuck, he'll pass Kareem.

Clipper Nation
11-26-2013, 01:48 AM
Pau is a bum tbh. Phil's last season sucked the life out of him. He would actually be a good fit in Minnesotta, Portland or even the Clippers. Pau would actually play his natural position with CP3 feeding him bunnies.
:lol One could only imagine the level of butthurt among Lakerfan if MVPau crossed the hallway as a result of The Extension, tbh....

scanry
11-26-2013, 01:56 AM
:lol One could only imagine the level of butthurt among Lakerfan if MVPau crossed the hallway as a result of The Extension, tbh....

You better be glad your front office didn't chase Dwight tbh. If the Clippers can get a big man like Marc Gasol to protect the paint, they'd be favorites to come out of the West.