PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Browner reportedly facing 1 year suspension

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2013, 10:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10037365/brandon-browner-seattle-seahawks-faces-one-year-suspension

:lol Browner
:lol Thurmond
:lol Seahawks secondary
:lol legion of adderall

Holden_Caulfield
11-25-2013, 11:09 PM
1 year on top of the rest of the season? :lmao :lmao

Robz4000
11-25-2013, 11:19 PM
God damn. Mama there goes that secondary!!!!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2013, 11:21 PM
God damn. Mama there goes that secondary!!!!!!

Adderall? That's a grown man's stimulant!!!

Holden_Caulfield
11-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Adderall? That's a grown man's stimulant!!!
nah man i only use it during finals :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2013, 11:23 PM
nah man i only use it during finals :lol

During finals I used to hike up the rates like crazy. I could regularly get $1 a milligram.

Holden_Caulfield
11-25-2013, 11:24 PM
During finals I used to hike up the rates like crazy. I could regularly get $1 a milligram.
my homie made bank selling his prescriptions :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2013, 11:25 PM
my homie made bank selling his prescriptions :lol

I shit you not, today I went to fill my script and the doctor wrote the script for an extra 60 pills. He wrote like double the FDA recommended dose and didn't notice.

tlongII
11-26-2013, 12:07 AM
If u ain't cheating u ain't trying!

chunticakes
11-26-2013, 12:59 AM
how else could those niggas get through school and learn the playbook?

if anything, they should share their stash with cornbread.

Spur-Addict
11-26-2013, 08:02 AM
And this is the guy that has been getting killed. Defenses have been going at him routinely, picking on him if you will. He knew Thurmond was finally going to be healthy as well, so his starting spot was in jeopardy. He's in a contract year as well, so there was obviously a lot of pressure on him. I'm just glad Thurmond's suspension is Non P.E.D, so he'll likely be resigned and become the number 2 CB like he should have been before the injuries anyways. It just sucks that they're both out going into the N.O game, and this shit will be a distraction, and have a negative effect on the psyche of the team. Next man up. Maxwell and Lane will have to prove their worth this week, so lets see if they have it.

This will also have a trickle down effect on the special teams because Lane and Maxwell play ST as well. So, a lot of holes to fill now. Fuckin' Browner :pctoss

Gordon Hayward
11-26-2013, 08:57 AM
How retarded do you have to be to fail a drug test due to adderall? If you drink a lot of water and sweat a lot you can have it out of your system in 24 hours.

:lol Seattle
:lol legion of PEDs
:lol sorry ass weather
:lol cloudy 220 days per year

Bill_Brasky
11-26-2013, 09:48 AM
lab tests will fail if you try to dilute.

Spur-Addict
11-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Hawks working out Marcus Trufant

The Gemini Method
11-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Bummer. The loss of Thurmond and Browner will weaken the pass D by a mile. It's up to Maxwell Lane to be opposite of the star coverage of Sherman...gulp.

Spur-Addict
11-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Bummer. The loss of Thurmond and Browner will weaken the pass D by a mile. It's up to Maxwell Lane to be opposite of the star coverage of Sherman...gulp.

I hope they get in touch with Winfield, even though we cut him. To have him back might galvanize us like the Mike Rob re-addition tbh.

The Gemini Method
11-26-2013, 11:40 AM
I hope they get in touch with Winfield, even though we cut him. To have him back might galvanize us like the Mike Rob re-addition tbh.
They're signing Parrish Cox, too. I would sign both of them just to have youth and experience in the system (Winfield).

Spur-Addict
11-26-2013, 11:44 AM
They're signing Parrish Cox, too. I would sign both of them just to have youth and experience in the system (Winfield).

I also like that Simon is on the mend, but one week of practice certainly won't have him ready to get his feet wet with two critical games on a back to back for a young rook.

The Gemini Method
11-26-2013, 11:50 AM
I also like that Simon is on the mend, but one week of practice certainly won't have him ready to get his feet wet with two critical games on a back to back for a young rook. At least give him some reps to get him game ready for the playoffs just in case. At least this means the team doesn't have to flip for Browner after the season. His age and his inability to stay healthy makes him an expendable piece. Focus on getting the younger CBs reps and pay Chancellor, Thomas, and Sherman.

HarlemHeat37
11-26-2013, 11:59 AM
I don't understand how Seattle's cheating isn't a bigger story, tbh:lol..

The Utah Jazz's mantra in the 90s and early 2000s was "foul on every play, they won't call them all"..it seems like Seattle has taken the same strategy with PED usage, tbh:lol..every player on their defense is taking PEDs, but "they can't suspend us all":lol..

Everybody has already given them a pass for pumping artificial noise in their stadium, now we're going to give them a pass for field an entire defense full of cheaters, tbh?..smh..

When the Patriots got caught for Spygate, everybody was all over them, fans and media..

The Gemini Method
11-26-2013, 12:03 PM
I don't understand how Seattle's cheating isn't a bigger story, tbh:lol..

The Utah Jazz's mantra in the 90s and early 2000s was "foul on every play, they won't call them all"..it seems like Seattle has taken the same strategy with PED usage, tbh:lol..every player on their defense is taking PEDs, but "they can't suspend us all":lol..

Everybody has already given them a pass for pumping artificial noise in their stadium, now we're going to give them a pass for mass cheating, tbh?..smh..

When the Patriots got caught for Spygate, everybody was all over them, fans and media.. Maybe because no one cares about the Seahawks? To be fair, Thurmond's issue is believed to be non-PED related. Browner has been in trouble before and I'm not sure but if its Adderall again, isn't that coming off the list of suspension causing substances next year? It sucks that the team thinks it has to tweak to play...

HarlemHeat37
11-26-2013, 12:19 PM
The NFL doesn't officially reveal the substance that triggers the suspensions, tbh..

The player in question and his team can issue a statement and blame it on Adderall, since it's a relatively harmless drug that is commonly used in our society..there's no negative stigma with Adderall, it's an easy alibi and excuse for players to save face and aid their reputations..

More than likely, these niggas are getting suspended for actual PEDs..Pete Carroll would never condone such behaviour though, of course, it's not like he ever coached Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews or anything:lol..

The Gemini Method
11-26-2013, 12:33 PM
The NFL doesn't officially reveal the substance that triggers the suspensions, tbh..

The player in question and his team can issue a statement and blame it on Adderall, since it's a relatively harmless drug that is commonly used in our society..there's no negative stigma with Adderall, it's an easy alibi and excuse for players to save face and aid their reputations..

More than likely, these niggas are getting suspended for actual PEDs..Pete Carroll would never condone such behaviour though, of course, it's not like he ever coached Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews or anything:lol.. If that's the case; then Browner would have played better than being the more exploited corner in the Hawks' secondary. Whatever PED he's using isn't working all that well. Thurmond, on the other hand, is a bigger loss as he is more of a TO creator than BB was. Either way, this is letting the other men on the roster down. Also, not too bright of them seeing that I'm guessing Seattle isn't the only team with players trying to get an added edge; just too belligerent to care about getting caught.

Spur-Addict
11-26-2013, 01:28 PM
At least give him some reps to get him game ready for the playoffs just in case. At least this means the team doesn't have to flip for Browner after the season. His age and his inability to stay healthy makes him an expendable piece. Focus on getting the younger CBs reps and pay Chancellor, Thomas, and Sherman.

Kam already has been renewed, so that's a step in the right direction. And yes, he should get some reps. I'm just a little apprehensive about that against N.O. S.F? Sure, sneak him in here and there.

The Gemini Method
11-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Kam already has been renewed, so that's a step in the right direction. And yes, he should get some reps. I'm just a little apprehensive about that against N.O. S.F? Sure, sneak him in here and there. Oh yeah Kam is renewed--I'm more worried about who is responsible for Jimmy Graham, tbh. I mean Wright or Wagner will probably be the main focal point and Thomas will spy on him a great deal. That should give the 2nd corner a great deal of the attention as you stated. Hopefully the pass rush will get to Brees on a consistent basis.

Spur-Addict
11-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Oh yeah Kam is renewed--I'm more worried about who is responsible for Jimmy Graham, tbh. I mean Wright or Wagner will probably be the main focal point and Thomas will spy on him a great deal. That should give the 2nd corner a great deal of the attention as you stated. Hopefully the pass rush will get to Brees on a consistent basis.

Looks like Perrish has been added.

Spur-Addict
11-26-2013, 06:56 PM
In actual talks with Winfield as well. So, our depth could be fixed down the stretch at the very least. I'd really like Winfield back tbh

The Gemini Method
11-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Depth is the hallmark of this team so that will be a plus if Cox and Winfield come in.

tlongII
11-26-2013, 08:19 PM
I think we'll be fine against the Saints. Just bring the heat. I don't think they can stop us either.

Raven
11-27-2013, 07:07 AM
finally some casualities on opposing strong teams too..

Spur-Addict
11-27-2013, 08:22 AM
finally some casualities on opposing strong teams too..

Thurmond will be back for the playoffs, and that's what matters most.

But as far as casualties are concerned, we've been missing most of our O-Line the entire year. Not to mention no Percy, and Zach Miller has been out periodically all year. Not to mention we lost our second TE before the year even began (Anthony McCoy). On top of that, we lost Larry Fitzgerald, cough, um, I mean Sidney Rice for the year. I could keep going, but we have been without the entire year, so we have had casualties as well. We have not been close to fully healthy, despite what our record reflects.

The Gemini Method
11-27-2013, 11:19 AM

But as far as casualties are concerned, we've been missing most of our O-Line the entire year. Not to mention no Percy, and Zach Miller has been out periodically all year. Not to mention we lost our second TE before the year even began (Anthony McCoy). On top of that, we lost Larry Fitzgerald, cough, um, I mean Sidney Rice for the year. I could keep going, but we have been without the entire year, so we have had casualties as well. We have not been close to fully healthy, despite what our record reflects.Ice up, son!

Raven
11-27-2013, 01:45 PM

But as far as casualties are concerned, we've been missing most of our O-Line the entire year. Not to mention no Percy, and Zach Miller has been out periodically all year. Not to mention we lost our second TE before the year even began (Anthony McCoy). On top of that, we lost Larry Fitzgerald, cough, um, I mean Sidney Rice for the year. I could keep going, but we have been without the entire year, so we have had casualties as well. We have not been close to fully healthy, despite what our record reflects.

only season ending stuff counts.

monosylab1k
11-27-2013, 03:20 PM
All them other niggas lame, and you know it now
When a real nigga hold you down, you supposed to drown, bound

Spur-Addict
11-27-2013, 05:48 PM
only season ending stuff counts.

Didn't know you set the defintion, glad to know.

----------------------------------------

In other news, Perrish Cox already cut :lol

Raven
11-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Didn't know you set the defintion, glad to know.

----------------------------------------

In other news, Perrish Cox already cut :lol

well, i was looking strictly at teams who could compete for the sb, so what happens in the rs doesn't really count.

Spur-Addict
11-27-2013, 05:59 PM
well, i was looking strictly at teams who could compete for the sb, so what happens in the rs doesn't really count.

Yes, seeding isn't important, I agree.

DeadlyDynasty
11-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Yes, seeding isn't important, I agree.

Not anymore, just make it to the playoffs...look at the last 3 sb winners

Spur-Addict
11-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Not anymore, just make it to the playoffs...look at the last 3 sb winners

While correct about the winners of the last three superbowls having traveled, got hot etc however you'd like to frame it, they all had good veteran leadership somewhere on that roster. Our team is very young, especially our leaders. So naturally, it would seem easier for a less developed team to play high pressure games in the confines of their own building.

DeadlyDynasty
11-27-2013, 06:51 PM
While correct about the winners of the last three superbowls having traveled, got hot etc however you'd like to frame it, they all had good veteran leadership somewhere on that roster. Our team is very young, especially our leaders. So naturally, it would seem easier for a less developed team to play high pressure games in the confines of their own building.

Team Leader Lynch has that experience...dude single-handedly took down the defending champs

Spur-Addict
11-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Team Leader Lynch has that experience...dude single-handedly took down the defending champs

One guy out of the entire roster who isn't exactly the most vocal comparatively to the other team leaders (Not even close really)? Gotcha.

Not sure if you've noticed, but he isn't exactly a Ray Lewis Rah Rah type.

DeadlyDynasty
11-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Lighten up, Francis.

Holden_Caulfield
11-27-2013, 07:53 PM
is this like a seattle thing? since bradley became our coach we've had two players suspended for similar incidents :lol

monosylab1k
11-28-2013, 02:43 AM
:lol Seadderall Seahawks

Holden_Caulfield
12-18-2013, 07:36 PM
:lol suspended indefinely along with my nigga blackmon :cry

Clipper Nation
12-18-2013, 08:30 PM
:lol suspended indefinely along with my nigga blackmon :cry
:lol Adderacksonville

Spur-Addict
12-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Browner likely done as a Seahawk forever. Maxwell and Lane have stepped in superbly, and Thurmond will be back next week.

The Gemini Method
12-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Yeah, he's done in Seattle--not sure he'll be on a roster next year and at 27 turning 28, he might not find work again unless its as a 3rd stringer or something.

spurraider21
12-19-2013, 12:25 PM
...well thats one less player they'll have to pay when rookie deals expire