PDA

View Full Version : Was our 2012 team actually better than our 2013?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-25-2013, 11:08 PM
I think a lot of our hype on this team was from the playoff run. And no doubt they are one of my favorite Spurs team of all time.. but I was thinking... in 2012 we won like 20 straight games going into the WCF... which team was more dominant?

ps: we still got fucked over in that game in OKC...

Johnny RIngo
11-25-2013, 11:14 PM
2012 Spurs weren't a top ten defensive team.
2013 Spurs had the 3rd best defense in the NBA.

Skull-1
11-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Better offense. Not as good on defense. Defense wins.

Refs hosed us.

Juggity
11-25-2013, 11:31 PM
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I stand by it: Game 6 against OKC 2012 was a more egregious loss than game 6 against Miami 2013.

Against Miami, more was on the line, but the game was decided by a talented shooter making a miracle shot.

Against OKC, a series of terrible decisions by officials caused the spurs to lose. Sure, Ibaka and Harden heated up beyond all expectations, but game 6 of the 2012 WCF rests solely on the shoulders of referees. I could see the spurs winning game 7 of that series given the chance.

I'd rather the spurs lose fair and square than by the hand of officiating.

Ice009
11-25-2013, 11:55 PM
They might have been better on offense, but not on defense.

Ice009
11-26-2013, 12:03 AM
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I stand by it: Game 6 against OKC 2012 was a more egregious loss than game 6 against Miami 2013.

Against Miami, more was on the line, but the game was decided by a talented shooter making a miracle shot.

Against OKC, a series of terrible decisions by officials caused the spurs to lose. Sure, Ibaka and Harden heated up beyond all expectations, but game 6 of the 2012 WCF rests solely on the shoulders of referees. I could see the spurs winning game 7 of that series given the chance.

Yep. I don't give OKC any credit at all for winning game 6. The second half officiating, especially the 4th quarter was a joke. I don't feel we got a fair shake at all in that game. When you push teams into the finals, and it isn't fair and square, well, we saw what happened to them when they got there, they got rolled. The NBA is always trying to hype the match up. If they just fucking call the game fair and square, and the result is the best two teams getting there, then you might just get a finals like last season with two very good teams going at it.

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Yep. I don't give OKC any credit at all for winning game 6. The second half officiating, especially the 4th quarter was a joke. I don't feel we got a fair shake at all in that game. When you push teams into the finals, and it isn't fair and square, well, we saw what happened to them when they got there, they got rolled. The NBA is always trying to hype the match up. If they just fucking call the game fair and square, and the result is the best two teams getting there, then you might just get a finals like last season with two very good teams going at it.

The refs saved OKC in that series. It was all downhill after the Manu to Parker behind the back pass for three....

SpursFan86
11-26-2013, 12:08 AM

This. We had a better offense in 2012, but the defense wasn't 2000s Spurs-esque. Last time a non-top 10 defense won a title was the 2001 Lakers with prime Shaq.

Darius McCrary
11-26-2013, 12:12 AM
Everything this team is depends on every single person being healthy.

Splitter is already crumbling.

Spur|n|Austin
11-26-2013, 12:16 AM
Everything this team is depends on every single person being healthy.

Splitter is already crumbling.

Crumbling?

hyhy
11-26-2013, 12:30 AM
2014 best

KaiRMD1
11-26-2013, 12:40 AM

Sad but true, the Heat won it on their own, sure we screwed up but the Heat did what teams are supposed to do and take advantage of another team's mistakes. OKC didn't beat us, it's a wide known fact that OKC didn't beat us in game 6. We were probably in for a Spurs Heat series a year earlier which could've been a classic like last years series. But to each his own, it happened, nothing we can do now but erase the nightmares

Darius McCrary
11-26-2013, 12:43 AM
Crumbling?
Every injury he's ever received has always severely hampered him the rest of the season with this team. Look it up.

Sean Cagney
11-26-2013, 01:23 AM

There is your answer.

The Reckoning
11-26-2013, 01:24 AM
lol "we"

spurraider21
11-26-2013, 01:53 AM
lol "we"
these "lol we" posts are probably the most useless on this forum. i think a comment that just says "tbh" it more productive, tbh

The Reckoning
11-26-2013, 03:54 AM
lol "we"

tbh

hyhy
11-26-2013, 04:04 AM
lol "we"

these "lol we" posts are probably the most useless on this forum. i think a comment that just says "tbh" it more productive, tbh

lol "we"

tbh

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

spurraider21
11-26-2013, 04:17 AM
lol "we"

tbh
http://i.imgur.com/NypnvV3.gif

cd021
11-26-2013, 08:18 AM

I could only watch the second half of that game but the play that I remember most was a drive and kick from Manu to Green for a 3pt shot. Manu stopped just outside of the paint, near the baseline. James Harden is running under the backboard, sees, Manu, runs right into him and they call an offensive foul and wipe away the 3. It should have been a four point play.

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 08:19 AM
lol "we"

tbh

Lol "we" think your posts suck, "tbh".

The Reckoning
11-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Lol "we" think your posts suck, "tbh".

and? you're here to entertain "me."

keep dancing, puppet.

it's not like your life is worth anything otherwise. you should have figured by now i don't buy into other's shticks. you only play into mine.

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 08:40 AM
and? you're here to entertain "me."

keep dancing, puppet.

it's not like your life is worth anything otherwise. you should have figured by now i don't buy into other's shticks. you only play into mine.

You call that a shtick? :lmao Shrinkage. :lol

The Reckoning
11-26-2013, 08:41 AM
:lmao

you're so funny dah. i'm sure people like you.

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 08:57 AM
:lmao

you're so funny dah. i'm sure people like you.

I am. They do.

The Reckoning
11-26-2013, 08:58 AM
I am. They do.

run along. i'm sure someone will give you attention some day.

urunobili
11-26-2013, 09:01 AM
By Elias Sports Bureau

Seven San Antonio Spurs scored in double-figures, led by Manu Ginobilis 16 points, in a victory over the New Orleans Pelicans. San Antonio is now 131, having won each of its last 11 games. This is the Spurs' fifth single-season streak of at least 11 consecutive wins since the start of the 2010-11 campaign -- San Antonio had a 12-win streak in 2010-11, two 11-win streaks in 2011-12, and an 11-win streak last season. The Spurs are the only team in NBA history with a winning streak of more than 10 games in four straight seasons.

Skull-1
11-26-2013, 09:17 AM
run along. i'm sure someone will give you attention some day.

Oh, but you already did. You should study Sun Tzu and John Boyd. You just got a taste of Maneuver Warfare and lost.

*sound of rod and reel casting*

:lol

11-26-2013, 09:38 AM
The Spurs are the only team in NBA history with a winning streak of more than 10 games in four straight seasons.that's awesome

mudyez
11-26-2013, 09:48 AM
even if it was said like 100 teimes before: when reading the healine, I was like "offense was a little better back then, but the defense was way below '13s"

TampaDude
11-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Sad but true, the Heat won it on their own, sure we screwed up but the Heat did what teams are supposed to do and take advantage of another team's mistakes. OKC didn't beat us, it's a wide known fact that OKC didn't beat us in game 6. We were probably in for a Spurs Heat series a year earlier which could've been a classic like last years series. But to each his own, it happened, nothing we can do now but erase the nightmares

Remember, the Heat were the favorites last year...they were supposed to win the championship, not us.

That said, I'm so glad they beat OKC in 2012. I couldn't have stomached the Thunder cheating their way to a title at our expense. :vomit:

We will get yet another :lobt2: in 2014, mark my words.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

james evans
11-26-2013, 11:45 PM
The refs saved OKC in that series. It was all downhill after the Manu to Parker behind the back pass for three....
they fuked us good. and thunder fans were complaining about officiating in the finals hahaha. i was enjoying miami kicking their ass.

TampaDude
11-26-2013, 11:51 PM
they fuked us good. and thunder fans were complaining about officiating in the finals hahaha. i was enjoying miami kicking their ass.

Yup...me too. Remember when the last game was winding down, and they showed LeBron on the sideline, grinning from ear to ear and jumping up and down like a giddy schoolboy? That's exactly how I felt, too. Fuck the Thunder.

Sean Cagney
11-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Yup...me too. Remember when the last game was winding down, and they showed LeBron on the sideline, grinning from ear to ear and jumping up and down like a giddy schoolboy? That's exactly how I felt, too. Fuck the Thunder.
I agree with you guys on the Thunder.

Ice009
11-27-2013, 01:28 AM
Thunder got what they deserved in those finals.

Ice009
11-27-2013, 01:28 AM
Thunder got what they deserved in that finals.

timtonymanu
11-27-2013, 05:11 AM
:lol Spur fan that rooted for OKC over Miami in the Finals.

The Thunderef are very unlikeable and the officiating they got was even more unbearable.

BackHome
11-27-2013, 10:54 AM
You call that a shtick? :lmao Shrinkage. :lol

Now that made me laugh...:rollin

rascal
11-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Remember, the Heat were the favorites last year...they were supposed to win the championship, not us.

That said, I'm so glad they beat OKC in 2012. I couldn't have stomached the Thunder cheating their way to a title at our expense. :vomit:

We will get yet another :lobt2: in 2014, mark my words.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

You said the same thing last year, I marked your words.

Baam
11-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Havent seen a play I loved more than this one since 2012 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-0aHZAq37k

Duncan with the block and then diving on the floor for the rebound, Diaw leading the break (love that shit), Manu with the assist and TP with the improved range... Amazing stuff.

TheyCallMePro
11-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Uhh...we were the exact same team. Both years we didn't have a viable back-up PG. Both years Ginobili cracked the starting line-up in place of Splitter. And both years our line-up shrunk to Parker/Duncan/Kawhi/Manu/Green and Neal off the bench.

The only difference were our opponents. And the officiating in game 6 vs OKC.