PDA

View Full Version : Tai go Splitter isn't namby pamby any more

Solid D
11-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Word.

Dude is strong this year and he's finishing plays.

anakha
11-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Averaging almost 15 and 12 per 36 minutes.

$9M looks like a pretty fair price right now.

Solid D
11-26-2013, 12:14 AM
Sorry, "Tiago" in the thread title was auto-corrected to "Tai go" by my iPhone.

Solid D
11-26-2013, 12:18 AM

Yeah and his transformation from someone defenders can push around & foul.... into a player who is strong with the ball, has been a real eye-opener. Plus he makes his FTs, now.

Spur|n|Austin
11-26-2013, 12:26 AM
The ankle roll looked painful, but he seemed okay afterwards.

I've enjoyed the different Tiago thus far, here's to a healthy season. :toast

Yeah and his transformation from someone defenders can push around & foul.... into a player who is strong with the ball, has been a real eye-opener. Plus he makes his FTs, now.

he made his FT's last season; no?

Mugen
11-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Last couple of games have been promising, would like to see it over the course of the season. Timmy's struggles have put an added onus on him to be more involved offensively and I think it's helping him develop a more attacking mentality which is great tbh. The offense can still get a little too Parker reliant at times and Splitter/Kawhi getting more involved is only going to help that tbh.

Solid D
11-26-2013, 12:42 AM
The ankle roll looked painful, but he seemed okay afterwards.

I've enjoyed the different Tiago thus far, here's to a healthy season. :toast

he made his FT's last season; no?

Yes, he did. The progression has gone from 54% in 2010 to 69% in '11 to 73% last year and over 70% again this season so far.

KaiRMD1
11-26-2013, 12:45 AM

Unlike Dwight Howard, Tiago used the "Hack-a-Tiago" as motivation to learn how to make his free throws

Solid D
11-26-2013, 12:49 AM
His extra strength in the shoulders and arms is noticeable.

DJR210
11-26-2013, 12:55 AM
His defense is the main strength. You ain't scoring against that fool this year.

DrSteffo
11-26-2013, 01:51 AM
Splitter is still solid and very effective...no surprises.

TJastal
11-26-2013, 06:05 AM
I think Tiago got tired of hearing Stephen "a" smith's condescending claptrap and decided to shut it up.

Kidd K
11-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Yeah he's been really solid so far. I'd still like to see him block more shots since he's such a tall guy, but I like everything else we're getting right now. He's finally manned up when it comes to rebounding. His scoring is still a little too soft for my taste, but right now it's working so I can't really complain about that. I just kinda don't like the 12-15 foot line drive rolling hookshots he sometimes settles for.

As for people talking about his FT% THIS year. . .it's the exact same as last year's. Literally right down to the thousandth of a percent. He had already improved his FT shooting to a respectable level after he failed to hit his free throws in 2012 when the Clippers were hacking him. He took that to heart.

His defense is the main strength. You ain't scoring against that fool this year.

He actually leads the NBA in offensive rating right now too at a massive 133. 38 point difference between his offensive and defensive ratings too, incredibly impressive impact so far this season.

jag
11-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Free Tiago

Free him for 36 minutes, Pop.

Poolboy5623
11-26-2013, 10:59 AM
I can notice a difference in upper body strength...I just hope it translates in a possible finals matchup. He was, for the most part, very good last year, until the finals...

Bill_Brasky
11-26-2013, 11:07 AM
I think Tiago got tired of hearing Stephen "a" smith's condescending claptrap and decided to shut it up.

nobody has been better at shitting on that loudmouth spook more in the past couple years than our own Golden God, tbh.

pgardn
11-26-2013, 11:30 AM
He still tires. He still can't jump. His hands are still not good.

But every year he has improved. His overall agility for a guy 7 feet tall is amazing.
Look at his hook shot now... Total transformation. He wants to get better.
And he can get better.

Which brings to mind another player, Boris. What a great move by our FO. He has been given the opportunity in a niche that is so totally for him. Still can't believe this start for him though.

rascal
11-26-2013, 12:24 PM

Lots of players have impressive averages when you pull limited stats to 36 min.

DJR210
11-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Yeah he's been really solid so far. I'd still like to see him block more shots since he's such a tall guy, but I like everything else we're getting right now. He's finally manned up when it comes to rebounding. His scoring is still a little too soft for my taste, but right now it's working so I can't really complain about that. I just kinda don't like the 12-15 foot line drive rolling hookshots he sometimes settles for.

As for people talking about his FT% THIS year. . .it's the exact same as last year's. Literally right down to the thousandth of a percent. He had already improved his FT shooting to a respectable level after he failed to hit his free throws in 2012 when the Clippers were hacking him. He took that to heart.

He actually leads the NBA in offensive rating right now too at a massive 133. 38 point difference between his offensive and defensive ratings too, incredibly impressive impact so far this season.

Yeah. Tiago is ballin' this year. Goofy as fuck, but he's key going forward.

DMC
11-26-2013, 02:37 PM
He's had some lucky looks go down, some 3pt plays. Tim has been slacking off, so Tiago gets more touches. If Tim returns to close to last year's form, Tiago's usage will probably decrease. Also, we've been feasting on teams that don't guard the paint very well.

Let's see how he does in OKC. There aren't a lot of good teams this year, but there are a few.

siraulo23
11-26-2013, 04:32 PM
theres def seem to be improvement in his strength but im not gonna say anything yet as its still early, his rebounding and being able to not be pushed around easily/strong finish is something he can sustain imo if he really is much stronger

however det hook shot wont fall consistently in the future

Phenomanul
11-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Don't look now, but Splitter leads the team in PER. Just a smidge above Tony.