PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Any other Laker fan speechless?

Thebesteva
11-26-2013, 01:05 AM
I seriously dont even know what to say....Kool? LkrFan? Mamba? It's like if you let a Spurs fan own the Lakers for one day, and they could make 1 move to devastate the franchise for the next 5-6 years, this would be it.

I was never salty about Dwight leaving, never salty about Lebron winning...I'm officially salty about Kobe and Fredo being a part of this franchise. Always a Laker fan but I just dont think Fredo has 1% of an idea of what he's doing.

HI-FI
11-26-2013, 01:14 AM
not salty about Lebron winning? not so sure, you were hoping Spurs knocked him out, and when we got Ginibolized, you quickly started talking shit on them Spurs.

the fact this board is so quiet right now says a lot about the Kobe deal. the silence has been deafening.

Thebesteva
11-26-2013, 01:18 AM
not salty about Lebron winning? not so sure, you were hoping Spurs knocked him out, and when we got Ginibolized, you quickly started talking shit on them Spurs.

the fact this board is so quiet right now says a lot about the Kobe deal. the silence has been deafening.

There's a difference between hoping an athlete loses and being salty. If that was the case 99% of sports fans would just be salty fucks

lefty
11-26-2013, 01:20 AM
I seriously dont even know what to say....Kool? LkrFan? Mamba? It's like if you let a Spurs fan own the Lakers for one day, and they could make 1 move to devastate the franchise for the next 5-6 years, this would be it.

I was never salty about Dwight leaving, never salty about Lebron winning...I'm officially salty about Kobe and Fredo being a part of this franchise. Always a Laker fan but I just dont think Fredo has 1% of an idea of what he's doing.
the lakers were in better shape in the 80's, despite sharing AIDS

spurraider21
11-26-2013, 01:22 AM
this move has me intrigued. what will come of Pau? who will they bring in? will they even be able to keep jordan hill?

HI-FI
11-26-2013, 01:22 AM
There's a difference between hoping an athlete loses and being salty. If that was the case 99% of sports fans would just be salty fucks

most sports fans are really salty and bitter.

tbh Spurs fan has handled 6 pretty well considering it was one of the worst losses, still though some bitterness will come through at times.

I can't hate Kobe for his deal, dude made some serious money for LA, he wants to cash out while he can, he knows Vanessa is already getting half.

Splits
11-26-2013, 01:24 AM
Sup mid?

scanry
11-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Moronic contract and like i said earlier in the summer, Jeanie ought to take care of the business. Look at it this way, MJ played for 2 season @ 1 mil/yr in DC.

You just don't mess up the cap space like this. Fredo should have given him a % share of the team after he retired like his dad did with Magic.

Clipper Nation
11-26-2013, 01:51 AM
:lol We all tried to warn Lakerfan that Kirby wasn't going to take a huge paycut, tbh.... he is the most selfish player this league has ever seen, tbh....

irishock
11-26-2013, 01:52 AM
Goddamn is Kobe's ego out of control..

RsxPiimp
11-26-2013, 01:58 AM
:lol We all tried to warn Lakerfan that Kirby wasn't going to take a huge paycut, tbh.....

http://cdn.hiphopwired.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/KobeStaresBrown.gif

TDMVPDPOY
11-26-2013, 02:11 AM
are they even thinkn about rebuilding to win, t hey just throw that out the window

shaq was still in his later prime who didnt get the 100m contract he wanted from the lakers

and they go pay this clown on one leg or dont even know how his going to play when he comes back...lol lakers

TDMVPDPOY
11-26-2013, 02:18 AM
50m/2yr

why didnt he just sign a 50m/4years? spread that out and have flexible capspace to build around him? after all even if he doesnt honor the contracts length due to injury issues, he still get paid t hat full amount anyway...

Thebesteva
11-26-2013, 02:25 AM
are they even thinkn about rebuilding to win, t hey just throw that out the window

shaq was still in his later prime who didnt get the 100m contract he wanted from the lakers

and they go pay this clown on one leg or dont even know how his going to play when he comes back...lol lakers

This is only the beginning. Inb4 Kobe busts up with another injury this season and misses most of it. Honestly, an obviously horrible move by the franchise. Its not like they sign Kobe and go on to win

Medvedenko
11-26-2013, 02:33 AM
Kobe is worth every penny.

RsxPiimp
11-26-2013, 02:40 AM
I'm over counting Kobe's pockets, it's up to the Lakers brass to work with what they have left.

spurraider21
11-26-2013, 02:50 AM
if your rooting interest is strictly in the Lakers ownership group making profit, then yes, you should be popping bottles and hiring strippers tonight.

if your rooting interest is in the Lakers winning championships, this was a shitty contract to give out

LkrFan
11-26-2013, 02:52 AM
this move has me intrigued. what will come of Pau? who will they bring in? will they even be able to keep jordan hill?

This. On this team, JHill, Meeks, and Farmare are three of the players I would want them to retain. However, if they trade MVPau, I think (financially at least) it shows what the Laker brass thinks of JHill. He's what, 27? Former lotto pick starting to finally come into his own. He just has to prove that he can stay healthy for 65+ games to earn a nice payraise next year (hopefully with the Lakers).

ezau
11-26-2013, 02:56 AM

This was the same thing I realized upon seeing Kobe's new contract. Lakers didn't want to give Shaq his money that time, but Fredo didn't even hesitate to pull the trigger on Kobe's extension.

Medvedenko
11-26-2013, 03:02 AM
if your rooting interest is strictly in the Lakers ownership group making profit, then yes, you should be popping bottles and hiring strippers tonight.

if your rooting interest is in the Lakers winning championships, this was a shitty contract to give out

I can give two shits about the cap, what anyone else is making and who else they sign. I have another 2 years to watch the best ball player on my favourite team and who personifies and transcends the Lakers equally. Nothing else matters.

DMC
11-26-2013, 03:05 AM

It's hard to tell who's dick you're sucking. You seem to roll over a lot and suck the other guy's dick on every other possession.

HI-FI
11-26-2013, 03:06 AM

true, Shaq should be livid. dude carried the team to 3 championships but organization and franchise would rather celebrate a MJ impressionist from Vegas. shit makes no sense.

spurraider21
11-26-2013, 03:08 AM
I can give two shits about the cap, what anyone else is making and who else they sign. I have another 2 years to watch the best ball player on my favourite team and who personifies and transcends the Lakers equally. Nothing else matters.
you could have seen him play for the Lakers on a more competitive team and watched him chase #6. instead you are going to watch him play without purpose and acquire hollow statistics. surely you recognize the difference

ezau
11-26-2013, 03:09 AM

http://decorative-urns.com/cremation-blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/stages-of-grief.jpg

Medvedenko
11-26-2013, 03:17 AM
you could have seen him play for the Lakers on a more competitive team and watched him chase #6. instead you are going to watch him play without purpose and acquire hollow statistics. surely you recognize the difference

Will the Lakers win it all again, with or without Kobe, for sure. That's not the point. Will there be another Kobe, a once in the lifetime player. Nope. That's the only difference I know, the only difference that separates me from you.
Your move Spurtalk....

spurraider21
11-26-2013, 03:42 AM
Will the Lakers win it all again, with or without Kobe, for sure. That's not the point. Will there be another Kobe, a once in the lifetime player. Nope. That's the only difference I know, the only difference that separates me from you.
Your move Spurtalk....
:lol kobe was not going to play for another team. you could have still seen "the once in a lifetime player" on the Lakers.. but whats the point of watching a guy so renowned for his "competitive fire" if he's playing in 2 lost seasons where he's not actually competing, when he could have easily been signed for less. you could have watched the "most clutch player of our generation" in a situation where he might actually be able to make some noise and make some playoff daggers. i don't understand how you can be so blind to this

StrengthAndHonor
11-26-2013, 04:01 AM
How come Spursfan are so concerned about Kobe getting his 6th-ring?:lol

Thebesteva
11-26-2013, 04:15 AM
It's hard to tell who's dick you're sucking. You seem to roll over a lot and suck the other guy's dick on every other possession.

Cmon DMC just stop already man. The whole angry Korean liquor store owner shtick is up

spurraider21
11-26-2013, 04:24 AM
How come Spursfan are so concerned about Kobe getting his 6th-ring?:lol
to be fair i live in LA so i do take interest in the local teams

ezau
11-26-2013, 05:12 AM
Your move Spurtalk....

Salty as hell Laker fan:lol

TDMVPDPOY
11-26-2013, 05:24 AM
kobe isnt making lakers money at all, whatever revenue he helps makes for the nba goes to the rest of the league owners,

u know whose laughing all the way to the bank besides kobe? jordan and the pathetic teams below the cap milking the tax revenue from over the cap teams

jordan is still celebrating lakers 124m payroll last season, that money he collected was like 3m?....too bad he blew that all on aljefferson

back to kobe, when is the clown back or whose the team lucky to break his achilles first game?

Clipper Nation
11-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Will there be another Kobe, a once in the lifetime player. Nope.
....mainly because the league is shifting away from the era of selfish, wannabe-Jordan chuckers and back towards a team-oriented style of play, tbh.....

Michael Jordan.
11-26-2013, 11:01 AM

Stay tuned to next week's episode of "As Fredo's world burns"

Michael Jordan.
11-26-2013, 11:03 AM
Will there be another Kobe, a once in the lifetime player..

No Kobe is not a once in a lifetime type of player. If he was, T-Mac, Iverson, Carter would not have ever been in the conversation. LeBron is a once in a lifetime type of player. You will see another Kobe (Looking at Westbrook) before you see another LeBron.

baseline bum
11-26-2013, 11:38 AM

If you look at it in the context of him making money back for being underpaid for years,as all legit NBA superstars like Bryant, Duncan, James, O'Neal, Wade, Nowitzki, Garnett, and Durant have been since the 99 lockout, then yeah, the Lakers are still coming out way ahead. But being worth that kind of money if we're just looking at the next two years, I mean no way after that injury.

Bynumite
11-26-2013, 11:47 AM
....mainly because the league is shifting away from the era of selfish, wannabe-Jordan chuckers and back towards a team-oriented style of play, tbh.....

FIFY:

....mainly because the league is shifting away from the era of fundamentally sound players, that work religiously to improve their game and back towards a monkeyball-oriented style of play, tbh.....

Venti Quattro
11-26-2013, 05:27 PM
I still don't know what to think of the extension aside from the obviously huge numbers.

Michael Jordan.
11-26-2013, 05:52 PM
I still don't know what to think of the extension aside from the obviously huge numbers.

It won't be so bad if they don't mortage their future away to Gay or Melo. If they do, then have fun with that for the next 5-6 years.

Michael Jordan.
11-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Oh, and the repeater tax would fuck them silly.

Medvedenko
11-26-2013, 05:54 PM
No Kobe is not a once in a lifetime type of player. If he was, T-Mac, Iverson, Carter would not have ever been in the conversation. LeBron is a once in a lifetime type of player. You will see another Kobe (Looking at Westbrook) before you see another LeBron.

They aren't in my conversation and they didn't play for the lakers. So I can give 2 shits about the players you mentioned. I can care less of Lebron too. It's a new era now anyways with different rules and schemes.

Medvedenko
11-26-2013, 05:56 PM
It won't be so bad if they don't mortage their future away to Gay or Melo. If they do, then have fun with that for the next 5-6 years.

Of course we'll have fun, we are Laker fans.

elmanutres
11-26-2013, 06:04 PM
I knew the lakers were gonna do this long ago. All they care about is filling up those seats. Kobe may fill the seats now but this was just stupid in the long run. And if they chase melo, fuck. Would severely stall the lakers from making progress to actually win.

The Gemini Method
11-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Perturbed

Koolaid_Man
11-26-2013, 06:08 PM
I knew the lakers were gonna do this long ago. All they care about is filling up those seats. Kobe may fill the seats now but this was just stupid in the long run. And if they chase melo, fuck. Would severely stall the lakers from making progress to actually win.

Melo is a fucking beast in the paint...and a bulls eye shooter...I would be scared shit less too if he teamed up with Kobe...if we can score Rondo who cannot be contained off the dribble...we're gonna shut the West down - tbh

DeadlyDynasty
11-26-2013, 06:16 PM
It sucks, but it's not like we're pissing away any prime opportunities at a title. LeBron's going to win the next 4 titles (barring injury) anyways, so they'd rather be bad with asses in the seats than mediocre with crickets chirping. I don't like it, but it is what it is--a business/marketing decision.

Michael Jordan.
11-26-2013, 06:17 PM
It sucks, but it's not like we're pissing away any prime opportunities at a title. LeBron's going to win the next 4 titles (barring injury) anyways, so they'd rather be bad with asses in the seats than mediocre with crickets chirping. I don't like it, but it is what it is--a business/marketing decision.
That's the problem though. They'll be just good enough to make the playoffs, but not go anywhere if they give Melo or whoever the max.

Koolaid_Man
11-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Lebron ain't winning shit else...nigga won on a locked out season and was taken to 7 games by a depleted Bulls team and barely beat the Pacers..that nigga getting his card pulled this year

Michael Jordan.
11-26-2013, 06:18 PM

Yeah you will have fun watching Kobe and Melo jack 70 shots a game and go nowhere.

elmanutres
11-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Melo is a fucking beast in the paint...and a bulls eye shooter...I would be scared shit less too if he teamed up with Kobe...if we can score Rondo who cannot be contained off the dribble...we're gonna shut the West down - tbh

Did you learn nothing from 2013 and 2004? Stacked does not always mean success. Getting rondo would make you good but melo put in any equation is bad. Melo is a great Iso player. But that's the problem. He only knows isos. Team ball and being a creator is foreign to him. And when you have 3 guys that demand the ball in rondo Kobe and melo, it won't go well

DeadlyDynasty
11-26-2013, 06:23 PM
That's the problem though. They'll be just good enough to make the playoffs, but not go anywhere if they give Melo or whoever the max.
There's no quick fix anymore when you have to go against Miami. The best course of action LA can take now is too suck bad enough to draft one of those Top 4 college niggas, send Nash to the glue factory, trade Pau while he still has some value, and hold onto your aging star (business decision) who fills the seats. Lakerfan--and NBA fans in general--are going to have to severely temper their expectations while LBJ is in his prime. GM's can't (openly) think like that, but they know it's true too.

Thebesteva
11-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Yeah you will have fun watching Kobe and Melo jack 70 shots a game and go nowhere.

Sup Djohn

ezau
11-26-2013, 09:24 PM

I'm pretty sure you were jacking off when the Spurs were skunking the Lakers last season, tbh. :lol

Rogue
11-27-2013, 10:02 AM
You guys can still hope that Kobe will pick up some of his 06-07 form where he could drop 60+ points a game with ease. Age ain't an issue to him imho, dude got great work ethic

mudyez
11-27-2013, 11:36 AM
I (Spurs fan) felt like:

- Lakers got D12 :lol
- Lakers sucked :rollin
- Lakers begged D12 to stay :lmao
- Lakers seemd to have a lot of cap space to make a run at Love and someone like Rondo(S&T or whatever)...with a 1% chance they land LeBron :dramaquee
- Kobe resigned for 48mio
:danceclub