PDA

View Full Version : MF Doom/Vik Vaughn

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2005, 01:57 AM
Anybody listen to this guy? I only have one album. I have Viktor Vaughn - Venomous Villain.

It has a bunch of solid tracks...the beats are distinct and his flow is real.

There is a track with kool keith that rocks. Anyone have any of his other albums?

Also, he guest vocaled on a track on the new Gorillaz "November has Come"

If anyone hasn't checked out hte new Gorillaz, you should, its bad ass too. Every track is completely different, the CD is beyond genre's. Thats usually a sign of a good CD in my past experience.

tekdragon
07-28-2005, 09:47 AM
I love MF Doom! I haven't heard any of his shit in years (I'm glad you reminded me of him, I gotta go shopping now), but I used to be a big fan of him back when he still went by Zev Love X. I always thought he was one of the most creative lyricists out there. Nice call! I've been wondering what I should buy next...

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2005, 12:55 PM
I love MF Doom! I haven't heard any of his shit in years (I'm glad you reminded me of him, I gotta go shopping now), but I used to be a big fan of him back when he still went by Zev Love X. I always thought he was one of the most creative lyricists out there. Nice call! I've been wondering what I should buy next...

venomous villain is pretty awesome

i heard his first vik vaughn cd was tight too....what CD do u have of his

tekdragon
07-28-2005, 01:07 PM
I don't have any cds...I had a bunch of old-school underground mix tapes back in the day, but at some point I got rid of all my cassettes. Go figure. There was a lot of good shit I wish I still had. I remember one with the Prime Minister Pete Nice (of Three the Hard Way) that was killer. I think I even had one with an early appearance by Nas (still Nasty Nas at the time). Damn I miss those tapes. I think I gave them to my cousin who built a huge tape collection right before cds got big. Damn things were so bulky to store, I just wanted them out of my house. With my record collection being what it is, I needed all the space I could get!

Cant_Be_Faded
07-28-2005, 01:28 PM
i like MF/VV because he has alter egos

hes like mouse

tekdragon
07-28-2005, 03:18 PM
:lol

no shit.

I haven't heard his newest album (as MF Doom, I believe)...I think it's called MMM...Food. I'll let you know what I think if I pick it up anytime soon...