PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Carmelo Anthony: " It Was The Right Decision To Pay Kobe.. He Earned That Money"

Koolaid_Man
11-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Welcome To LA Melo...:toast we want people that want to be here...

“He’s Kobe, man. They did a good deed to him,” Anthony said. “He’s been there his whole career. He wants to bow out there. I think they did him right. It worked out for both parties.”

“Only time will tell,” Anthony said. “I know Kobe personally. I know how hard he works. I know his mind-set. He definitely wants to come back.

“I don’t want to say better than what he was before, but more refreshed, body healed and he’s a smart guy. If he wasn’t he would have been playing by now, so he understands the risks of coming back early. He’s going to take his time and when he’s ready to come back he’s going to come back.”

Anthony owns a home in Los Angeles and his wife La La is an aspiring actress who spends a lot of time in Hollywood. A move to the West Coast is possible, especially if the Knicks continue to struggle

When asked on Monday how he tries to stay positive despite the Knicks’ awful start, Anthony said: “I have no idea. I’m just doing it. I honestly don’t know. That’s just me. I got to be positive. I got to keep a smile on my face. I have to be a rock for my teammates. I don’t know how I’m doing it. I’m just doing it.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/laker-life-kobe-2-year-extension-article-1.1528345

elmanutres
11-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Seriously caprisun man. You have no idea the cancer this guy is. Don't say spurfan didn't warn you.

Koolaid_Man
11-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Seriously caprisun man. You have no idea the cancer this guy is. Don't say spurfan didn't warn you.

Where is your proof? what has he ever done to make anyone think he's a cancer? You guys are smoking that media crack....because he used to sport corn-rolls my bad..I meant Korn-Rows :lol...dude cannot be stopped in the post...by anyone in the West...Lebron cannot even handle Melo one on one effectively....and he's one of the cold blooded shooters in the league....Melo and Kobe would be pretty fucking awesome...why not because they can score but because they genuinely like each other and are friends...

They're wives are both Mexican and like each other....this is a marriage made in heaven..Melo respects and looks up to Kobe...it won't be none of that riff raff that the retard Dwight tried to bring...Melo be bulling niggas on the real...yall gonna regret if this shit happens

Michael Jordan.
11-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Melo basically saying to the Lakers "Pay me"

Koolaid_Man
11-26-2013, 06:25 PM
and they will....Nash and Pau's ass are goners..

Melo
Rondo
Ariza

and I'm good

Koolaid_Man
11-26-2013, 06:26 PM
all that shit CP0 and Westbrook get away with ends immediately with Rondo

Michael Jordan.
11-26-2013, 06:29 PM

Melo
Rondo
Ariza

and I'm good
The All Chuckstars :rollin

Koolaid_Man
11-26-2013, 06:40 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Kobe-Vanessa-Melo-Lala_zpsbb97c93c.png

Koolaid_Man
11-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Melo already taking up for his future teammate :lol

DMC
11-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Melo's girl looking like Kobe's girl but in a house of mirrors or a shitty photoshop rendition.

Katherine Robinson
11-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Kevin is just making a half-ass troll job so he can pull a Nostradamus shtick if Baby Buss makes the stupid trade. If it doesn't happen, he'll just play it off as trolling.

Either way you receive this, he'll play it off in one of either two ways.

Koolaid_Man
11-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Melo's girl looking like Kobe's girl but in a house of mirrors or a shitty photoshop rendition.

:lmao ok that was good

LkrFan
11-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Melo as a stretch 4 in LA would be lethal. He is already a bull in the post for players too light in the ass to guard him. He's got legit 3pt range for players that are big enough, but don't have the foot speed to deal with him. For those players guarding him that do not have good lateral movement, he's a threat to blow by them in rout to and-1s. He's probably averaging a career high in rebounds this year. He's basically putting out 26/10 as a SF/PF. His jumper is pure, so his game will age gracefully and not fall off a cliff when his athleticism starts to fade. I'm onboard with it. Do it Fredo.

The Gemini Method
11-26-2013, 07:36 PM
:cry

hater
11-26-2013, 07:50 PM
aspiring actress :lmao :lmao :lmao

lefty
11-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Overrated chucker recognizes overrated chucker

Thebesteva
11-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Fuck both those soft ass niggas

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 12:53 AM
Melo as a stretch 4 in LA would be lethal. He is already a bull in the post for players too light in the ass to guard him. He's got legit 3pt range for players that are big enough, but don't have the foot speed to deal with him. For those players guarding him that do not have good lateral movement, he's a threat to blow by them in rout to and-1s. He's probably averaging a career high in rebounds this year. He's basically putting out 26/10 as a SF/PF. His jumper is pure, so his game will age gracefully and not fall off a cliff when his athleticism starts to fade. I'm onboard with it. Do it Fredo.
How do Laker fans STILL worry only about offense when defense has been their Achilles heel for he past 5 years?

Cry Havoc
11-27-2013, 01:25 AM

Melo
Rondo
Ariza

and I'm good

So your lineup would be Rondo, Kobe, Melo, Ariza, and Gasol?

Might be good for the 6th seed out west and a 1st round exit unless you pull a bench with an IQ above 50 out of your ass.

Pretty hilarious that Kobe's absolute ceiling at this point is a 4-5 seed and the 2nd round of the playoffs. :lol

LkrFan
11-27-2013, 02:08 AM
How do Laker fans STILL worry only about offense when defense has been their Achilles heel for he past 5 years?
Great question, you sweaty asswipe you. Let's see, we added a 4x DPOY to our team just last year. Results? Our defense sucked ass. Let's see how he is leading H-town in defense:

Points allowed:
H-town - 104.3ppg (ranked 29th)

I hear the premise of your question, but as has been proven in LA last year and H-town this year, adding defensive players (BTW we also had MWP - a former 1x DPOY) doesn't necessarily mean much if everyone around those defensive additions aren't buying in, aren't making an effort, or just can't defend a chair (i.e. Nash). For example, we gave up 101ppg just last year - with two former DPOYs in our starting lineup. Minus those two dudes this year? We're giving up 101.9ppg. Go figure...

Like I was saying, I'd welcome Melo in a heartbeat. Call him a cancer or whatever, he's a talent. He's good friends with Kobe, so unlike with Howard, the chemistry and respect is there. Talent and chemistry will win you a lot of games.

Updated stats:
26.5ppg
10.2rpg
2.8apg
22.62 PER

Do it Fredo.

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 02:19 AM
Great question, you sweaty asswipe you. Let's see, we added a 4x DPOY to our team just last year. Results? Our defense sucked ass. Let's see how he is leading H-town in defense:

Points allowed:

I hear the premise of your question, but as has been proven in LA last year and H-town this year, adding defensive players (BTW we also had MWP - a former 1x DPOY) doesn't necessarily mean much if everyone around those defensive additions aren't buying in, aren't making an effort, or just can't defend a chair (i.e. Nash). For example, we gave up 101ppg just last year - with two former DPOYs in our starting lineup. Minus those two dudes this year? We're giving up 101.9ppg. Go figure...

Like I was saying, I'd welcome Melo in a heartbeat. Call him a cancer or whatever, he's a talent. He's good friends with Kobe, so unlike with Howard, the chemistry and respect is there. Talent and chemistry will win you a lot of games.

Updated stats:
26.5ppg
10.2rpg
2.8apg
22.62 PER

Do it Fredo.
Oh and you think a team led by Melo and Kobe WILL buy into defense? Please. And having TOSB Artest didnt mean much. Pau Artest Kobe and Nash were all below average defenders and there was no concept of team defense. Acquiring Melo will make it worse. A Melo-Kobe led team will be a disaster

HI-FI
11-27-2013, 02:26 AM

Points allowed:

Updated stats:
26.5ppg
10.2rpg
2.8apg
22.62 PER

Do it Fredo.

by golly son, you got all the answers figured out. Mitch just needs to pick up the red phone and get it done. Melo, based on your scouting, could easily bring in numero 18. I figured after getting 17 with Dwight you guys would keep that core in tact but I never question Laker FO or fans. Do it Fredo:hungry: .

LkrFan
11-27-2013, 02:45 AM
Oh and you think a team led by Melo and Kobe WILL buy into defense? Please. And having TOSB Artest didnt mean much. Pau Artest Kobe and Nash were all below average defenders and there was no concept of team defense. Acquiring Melo will make it worse. A Melo-Kobe led team will be a disaster

Keep telling yourself that. The Lakers would be fools if they don't acquire Melo if the opportunity presents itself.

LkrFan
11-27-2013, 02:47 AM
by golly son, you got all the answers figured out. Mitch just needs to pick up the red phone and get it done. Melo, based on your scouting, could easily bring in numero 18. I figured after getting 17 with Dwight you guys would keep that core in tact but I never question Laker FO or fans. Do it Fredo:hungry: .
:lol - Melo is still elite. If we have the chance to get him, you do itPERIOD.

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 02:58 AM
Keep telling yourself that. The Lakers would be fools if they don't acquire Melo if the opportunity presents itself.

:toast Melo and Kobe on the wings and in the post would be devastating....I suspect Melo will take 18 million yr and we'll be able to keep our current bench in tact... we should be unstoppable Kobe's last 2 yrs

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:02 AM

It's a good thing he's on a shitty team right now...he's gonna have something to prove...if we can Farmar / Blake / Hill / add Ariza and Melo and if Gasol is willing to accept 3-5 we're good

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 03:02 AM

Dwert part 2 :lol

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:05 AM
Dwert part 2 :lol

since when does Melo have 8 kids and cannot make free throws

Monkeyboy14
11-27-2013, 03:14 AM
Stating the obvious here, but if they sign Melo they have no hopes of resigning Pau or anyone else for that matter. Do laker fans really think they can win a title with Melo, Kobe, and a bunch of scrubs?

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 03:23 AM
since when does Melo have 8 kids and cannot make free throws
Dwight was a loser. Melo is a loser. Both are quitters that held their franchises hostage. Neither has a concept of team basketball, and neither prioritizes winning.

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 03:24 AM
Stating the obvious here, but if they sign Melo they have no hopes of resigning Pau or anyone else for that matter. Do laker fans really think they can win a title with Melo, Kobe, and a bunch of scrubs?
some of this forum seem to believe Pau will agree to 3 million a year :lol

the fucking MLE is more than that and plenty of teams would line up for Pau's services

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:24 AM

they're willing to pay repeater tax penalties...so you're dead wrong...we're not a small market team

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:26 AM

the fucking MLE is more than that and plenty of teams would line up for Pau's services

he wants to remain a Laker so bad...he whines at every trade rumor..he's just like Odom....even Ariza they all want to come back...real bad...even Shannon Brown...niggas want to come back and remain a Laker....you just sit back and watch

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 03:27 AM
they're willing to pay repeater tax penalties...so you're dead wrong...we're not a small market team
yeah, well if they pay him anywhere near his current contract they would have no room to assemble a team with another max player. but if you are so confident about them being able to pay Pau, why do you keep talking about resigning him for cheap? :lol

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:27 AM
Dwight was a loser. Melo is a loser. Both are quitters that held their franchises hostage. Neither has a concept of team basketball, and neither prioritizes winning.

Lebron was a loser too until he teamed up with Wade and Bosh :lmao

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 03:29 AM
he wants to remain a Laker so bad...he whines at every trade rumor..he's just like Odom....even Ariza they all want to come back...real bad...even Shannon Brown...niggas want to come back and remain a Laker....you just sit back and watch
really? where is Shannon Brown now? where has Ariza stated he wants to play for the Lakers again?

Koolaid_Man
yeah, well if they pay him anywhere near his current contract they would have no room to assemble a team with another max player. but if you are so confident about them being able to pay Pau, why do you keep talking about resigning him for cheap? :lol

we don't need 3 max players you Moron...we need two...eveyone else will take the deal just to remain in the LA spot light...they all crave it and gots to have it....when LA and Vegas calls they just call :lol

spurraider21
Lebron was a loser too until he teamed up with Wade and Bosh :lmao
LeBron was a great player on a losing team where the best teammate he ever had was Mo Williams. he also accepted an under-market salary to be part of a championship team.

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 03:30 AM
we don't need 3 max players you Moron...we need two...eveyone else will take the deal just to remain in the LA spot light...they all crave it and gots to have it....when LA and Vegas calls they just call :lol
you mean like earl clark who bolted for Cleveland? its only shit players like Nick Young and Wes Johnson that actually want to play for the Lakers... and look where its gotten them? Dwight literally gave away 30 million just to leave the Lakers

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:31 AM
really? where is Shannon Brown now? where has Ariza stated he wants to play for the Lakers again?

Ariza is walking around the streets of Washington with Kobe Bryant jersey's on...you do the math :lol

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 03:32 AM
Ariza is walking around the streets of Washington with Kobe Bryant jersey's on...you do the math :lol
the only Kobe jersey anywhere near Ariza is the one watching him bury 3 after 3 in the face of the shitty defense we have been accustomed to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voS4Wuj_am8

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:32 AM
LeBron was a great player on a losing team where the best teammate he ever had was Mo Williams. he also accepted an under-market salary to be part of a championship team.

excuses? excuses? Melo is a great player on a losing team and hence he'll likewise play for a discount....touche :toast

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:34 AM
the only Kobe jersey anywhere near Ariza is the one watching him bury 3 after 3 in the face of the shitty defense we have been accustomed to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voS4Wuj_am8

you're so butthurt :lol care to wager a bet he's not literally walk the streets with Kobe jersey's on?

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:36 AM
what's so cold about it..is that Ariza tweeted this himself...:lmao

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1713942-trevor-ariza-rocks-vintage-kobe-bryant-lakers-jersey-while-in-philadelphia

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 03:37 AM
you are terrible at betting :lol

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:38 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1713942-trevor-ariza-rocks-vintage-kobe-bryant-lakers-jersey-while-in-philadelphia

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:40 AM
tell me spurraider what kind of subliminal message is Ariza sending with that tweet....and I thought players didn't want to play with Kobe....you fucking guys are a laughingstock a joke :lmao

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 03:45 AM
my point being you don't know how to bet. if you were sure you were right, you should have waited for me to agree to the bet before ejaculating like you did

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:49 AM
my point being you don't know how to bet. if you were sure you were right, you should have waited for me to agree to the bet before ejaculating like you did

I'm right about almost everything why even bother with you gay cuck lovers

ElNono
11-27-2013, 03:54 AM
If Melo had a brain, he would stop chucking his way to a 3-10 record, tbh...

bluebellmaniac
11-27-2013, 04:42 AM
Exactly what I was thinking.

lefty
11-27-2013, 05:15 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1856271_o.gif

ambchang
11-27-2013, 07:23 AM

Points allowed:

Updated stats:
26.5ppg
10.2rpg
2.8apg
22.62 PER

Do it Fredo.

Pace.

LkrFan
11-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Pace.
Moving. Goalposts.

ambchang
11-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Moving. Goalposts.

Points scored against != defense when comparing different systems.

You are dumber than I thought.

LkrFan
11-27-2013, 07:38 AM
Points scored against != defense when comparing different systems.

You are dumber than I thought.
:lol - I know what pace means. Don't you have some chickens to pluck Internet tough guy?

ambchang
11-27-2013, 07:46 AM
:lol - I know what pace means. Don't you have some chickens to pluck Internet tough guy?

The deflection. You certainly learned from the best.

PingPong
11-27-2013, 07:48 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Kobe-Vanessa-Melo-Lala_zpsbb97c93c.png

Millionaires with wifes wich look like some street ho.

:lol

z0sa
11-27-2013, 07:49 AM
LOL mistaking Melo's interest in the Lakers for your typical millionaire athlete thinking he deserves all that money

AchillesHeel
11-27-2013, 07:53 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1856271_o.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1108535/javalelol.gif

Monkeyboy14
11-27-2013, 12:39 PM
They don't have enough to get all those players... And even if they do you think that will get you the title?? :lol 2 chuckers with no D in melo and Kobe and gasol? Keep dreaming buddy

Monkeyboy14
11-27-2013, 12:41 PM

Agreed. Even if he wants to be a laker that money is just disrespectful after what they payed Kobe. Kobe has done nothing for them and gasol gave them 2 rings...

Michael Jordan.
11-27-2013, 12:48 PM
I know I'm not the only one ready for Melo to capfuck the Lakers some more.