PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Melo - "I Will Choose Between Lakers and Knicks"

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 02:42 AM
For NBA Legal reasons he had to very politically correct in his response but make no mistake he wants to play with Kobe

Carmelo Anthony hints that free agent decision will come down between Lakers and Knicks
The All-Star small forward said that he wants to finish his career with the Knicks, but added that he wants NBA teams, namely the Lakers, to chase him when free agency opens this summer.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/melo-hints-decision-knicks-lakers-article-1.1488684#ixzz2lpUFCpiI

LkrFan
11-27-2013, 02:55 AM
:)

lefty
11-27-2013, 03:06 AM
Oh yes please

Go to L.A

1 basket ball :lol

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:10 AM
I suspect with Melo...Kobe will pass like he did last season...Kobe respects the hell out of Melo and what Spur fan don't realize is that when Kobe respects you he's willing to defer to you...

Sean Cagney
11-27-2013, 03:15 AM
I suspect with Melo...Kobe will pass like he did last season...Kobe respects the hell out of Melo and what Spur fan don't realize is that when Kobe respects you he's willing to defer to you...

LOL at him deferring to anyone... Please.

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:22 AM
LOL at him deferring to anyone... Please.

did you not see the reverence and respect he gave Nash and even Pau when Pau first arrived...Kobe never liked Dwight and always thought of Dwight as a Tyson Chandler skill set

Michael Jordan.
11-27-2013, 03:31 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/3cce661143122be8eede3dbb5c874e5c/tumblr_mk44mya3fw1r3spwgo1_250.gif

lefty
11-27-2013, 03:34 AM
I suspect with Melo...Kobe will pass like he did last season...Kobe respects the hell out of Melo and what Spur fan don't realize is that when Kobe respects you he's willing to defer to you...Kobe passed the ball for like 10 games :lol

You'll see the first 10 games he will pass to Melo so he will look like the good teammate and try to shit on his detractors

Then he will revert to his usual self, which will start another controversy, forcing Kobe to pass the ball for 10 games to prove a point

Then he will revert to ... you get the idea

Wash, rince, repeat

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:43 AM
Kobe passed the ball for like 10 games :lol

You'll see the first 10 games he will pass to Melo so he will look like the good teammate and try to shit on his detractors

Then he will revert to his usual self, which will start another controversy, forcing Kobe to pass the ball for 10 games to prove a point

Wash, rince, repeat

I didn't know you could avg 5 assist per game in 80 games if you only passed for 10 of those games....my math must be way off :hat

Bill_Brasky
11-27-2013, 04:12 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

And yall thought dwightmare was bad. this totally makes up for the cowboys being a dumpster fire.

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 04:15 AM
the best way to practice in preparation to play against a Kobe-Melo led lakers is to go for standard layup drills

LkrFan
11-27-2013, 05:36 AM
Kobe passed the ball for like 10 games :lol

Wash, rince, repeat
-10 points for bad spelling. :lol

lefty
11-27-2013, 06:12 AM
:lol

Rogue
11-27-2013, 10:09 AM
He'll choose the bigger $ and that puts NY atop his list. Lakers only hope of getting Melo is if NY refuse to meet his demand and let him go just like how they treated Rin a few years back

Clipper Nation
11-27-2013, 10:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7GYCHxo.png

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Kobe / Melo vs Bron / Wade would be a ratings bonanza for the league and a nice parting gift for Stern....the spurs lucked up and got their once every 5-7 yr appearance now back to the back of the bus for them...no one wants to see their geritol asses any more

Leetonidas
11-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Los Angeles Knicks :lol

Seeing how terrible Melo in NY turned out and you chimp brains still want this black hole on your team?? :lol Are the Lakers going to play with two basketballs next season?

Leetonidas
11-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Kobe / Melo vs Bron / Wade would be a ratings bonanza for the league and a nice parting gift for Stern....the spurs lucked up and got their once every 5-7 yr appearance now back to the back of the bus for them...no one wants to see their geritol asses any more

:lmao :lmao

Thinking a team of black hole, no defense Melo + old broken Achilles-torn Kobe + minimum contract scrubs is going to get you to the Finals :lmao

Katherine Robinson
11-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Carmelo will destroy the Lakers, KidCapri. The only team with a darker future would be the Nets, no amount of money can be thrown at the problem to fix it in this case.

Axegrinder
11-27-2013, 12:40 PM
DOOMED

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 12:47 PM
It has to be hard for you to get through the day. When you are as fucking stupid as you are, everything has to be a challenge.

No wonder you make shit up all the time. It helps you to get through the day without putting a bullet in your head.

Well, let me help you load the gun.

^ Promises Promises!!! - Ernie The Ladd

Michael Jordan.
11-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Carmelo will destroy the Lakers, KidCapri. The only team with a darker future would be the Nets, no amount of money can be thrown at the problem to fix it in this case.

:rollin

baseline bum
11-27-2013, 01:11 PM
:)

You actually want that faggot who will be on the wrong side of 30 but demanding a max contract when his biggest accomplishment is making the WCF in the weakest western conference in years?

hater
11-27-2013, 01:46 PM
wait, wait

lakerfans are seeing acquiring Melo as a good thing?????

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

LkrFan
11-27-2013, 01:53 PM
You actually want that faggot who will be on the wrong side of 30 but demanding a max contract when his biggest accomplishment is making the WCF in the weakest western conference in years?
Yes.

RsxPiimp
11-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Kobe Bryant is willing to allow his game to evolve as he enters the final phase of his career coming back from a torn Achilles.

“There’s different ways I can go,” Bryant said. “Obviously, the easier of the two would be if I could have the same type of explosiveness that I had last year. It makes my game very easy. But if it’s not there, I’m ready to adapt.”

KoolAidman, Kobe's sending a message to Melo, you get your ass here and won't have to worry about me not sharing the ball :lol, plus Melo's a baller, Kobe has no issues with guys that can put the ball in the bucket. :hat

baseline bum
11-27-2013, 02:07 PM
KoolAidman, Kobe's sending a message to Melo, you get your ass here and won't have to worry about me not sharing the ball :lol, plus Melo's a baller, Kobe has no issues with guys that can put the ball in the bucket. :hat

This nigga could put the ball in the bucket pretty effectively

http://static.squarespace.com/static/5165bb20e4b03e6c107f0cd5/t/5234c5dde4b0adf633e2e656/1379190238235/kobe%20shaq%20death%20stare%202.jpg

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Kobe Bryant is willing to allow his game to evolve as he enters the final phase of his career coming back from a torn Achilles.

“There’s different ways I can go,” Bryant said. “Obviously, the easier of the two would be if I could have the same type of explosiveness that I had last year. It makes my game very easy. But if it’s not there, I’m ready to adapt.”

KoolAid (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7339)man, Kobe's sending a message to Melo, you get your ass here and won't have to worry about me not sharing the ball :lol, plus Melo's a baller, Kobe has no issues with guys that can put the ball in the bucket. :hat

No one has yet to show me how Melo is a cancer....Melo led an underachieving Denver team who had a poor coach...plus he was just up against a amped up Kobe...Lebron was coasting in the East while Melo was grinding it out in the West....then he went to NYC were the Organization was having problems from the top...Post Zeke drama no discipline..in LA...will will for the first time be playing with someone he looks up to and repsects...someone that will push him to perfection..he's never had to play with anyone like that...Melo is very impressionable and he will let Kobe lead and teach him...he's been through enough battles and drama so I see this working out beautifully...Kobe has never played with someone he respected as much as he does Melo and post Dwight drama Kobe is primed and ready to show how effective they can and will be together...

everyone else is totally looking at this through biased colored lenses...the easy view is to say he's a cancer and end the debate but the reality is Melo and Kobe with the same bench we have today will be devastating for teams...Melo when in the right situation is just a beast on the blocks and and can score from the perimeter with ease...

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 02:29 PM
Melo led an underachieving Denver team
yes he did. then he held the team hostage and pulled a kobe demanding to be traded. he has since been leading an underachieving Knicks team that did better when he was hurt and Jeremy Lin was running the show :lol

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 02:33 PM
yes he did. then he held the team hostage - so what he wanted out and what he thought was a better situation. when you're a player with leverage you can do that...wouldn't it be nice if we could all. and pulled a kobe demanding to be traded. he has since been leading an underachieving Knicks team that did better when he was hurt - for a little while then fizzled out. fact is Lin is an easy Mark come play-off time and Wade and Lebron did a number on him..a number they couldn't do on Melo. Shows you have a very low IQ and understanding for the game. and Jeremy Lin was running the show - the same Lin the Rockets want to get rid of I will laugh to that one with you :lol

^ see comments in red above

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 02:38 PM
LeBron and Wade "did a number" to virtually ever player in the NBA tbh...

so Melo was in charge of an underachieving Denver team... has since been in charge of an underachieving Knicks team... i'm noticing a trend of underachievement, and if he leaves NY, a lack of loyalty. you'll be paying top dollar for a player on the wrong side of 30 with a history of underachieving.

i've asked this a few times, and haven't gotten a good answer yet. The Lakers for the past few years have still been an above average offensive team, and their undoing has always been their defense. even during last year's Dwightmare, the Lakers were a good offensive team but got shredded on D. Why are you going full retard (and full D'Antoni) by thinking that bringing in an all-offense no-defense guy like Melo will serve as a remedy to a team that is already good on offense and shitty on defense?

Speaking of D'Antoni, how's his history with Melo?

:lmao

Michael Jordan.
11-27-2013, 02:39 PM
KidCapri getting his shit pushed in with that little yellow straw.

Koolaid_Man
11-27-2013, 03:03 PM
LeBron and Wade "did a number" to virtually ever player in the NBA tbh... - speaking of Bron and Wade...they barely made it out of the east last year to injury plagued teams....but I'm glad you used these two as examples given the redundancy of their games and yet they play well off each other. - Melo and Kobe touche? :toast

so Melo was in charge of an underachieving Denver team... has since been in charge of an underachieving Knicks team... i'm noticing a trend of underachievement, and if he leaves NY, a lack of loyalty. you'll be paying top dollar for a player on the wrong side of 30 with a history of underachieving. - interestingly enough all MJ ever did Prior to the arrival of Scottie Pippen was do what...you guessed it right underachieve...and all Shaq ever did until the arrival of Kobe was what...again underachieve...and all Lebron ever did until he hooked up (in gay like fashion) with Wade and Bosh was do what...you guessed it...UNDER-Fucking- ACHIEVE!!! so are we having a real debate yet? :lol ...and :lmao@Kobe being on the wrong side of 30...I guess MJ was too when he won his last title at what 36? :lol

i've asked this a few times, and haven't gotten a good answer yet. The Lakers for the past few years have still been an above average offensive team, and their undoing has always been their defense. even during last year's Dwightmare, the Lakers were a good offensive team but got shredded on D. Why are you going full retard (and full D'Antoni) by thinking that bringing in an all-offense no-defense guy like Melo will serve as a remedy to a team that is already good on offense and shitty on defense? - the problem you have is that no one plays defense in the league today. In fact defense is an overrated misnomer in today's league...the rules are designed to encourage scoring...sure you have a few people that get blocks but it's not real defense that basically died in 2006...all one needs to be is decent on defense..case in point Manu and Tony Parker...they are some pretty fucking shitty defensive players and yet we focus on their scoring abilities...so save the Melo defense crap...man to man is not a reality today..everything is about team defense...Hell Nashy won 2 MVP's and everyone knows he's always sucked ass on defense so they had to give it to him based on his offensive production...Melo's defense is his offense in a nutshell...because he can bully you and outscore you he doesn't really need to be a "great defensive player"...MJ wasn't he stole all the credit of playing with a Pippen and Rodman...dude was average at best.... Holla at me when you learn something about this game

Speaking of D'Antoni, how's his history with Melo? - Timmy knew he was getting cucked for 2 yrs and yet he stayed long enough to make it work for the kids :hat

:lmao

^ my ass rattling comments are in red above :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-27-2013, 03:06 PM
bitch thats not even a direct quote

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Of course Lebron an wades game complements one another. They are both unselfish players and great passers who play elite D. Not me-first score-first no-defense like Kobe and Melo. I don't care how they won. They won. The lakers only made it to the finals in '10 because Kobe bricked game winners and mvpau and Artest made their putbacks to clinch 2 series. Then in game 7 Kirby sucked, fisher and Artest hit the big shots, vujacic iced the game with free throws and mvpau had a monster game including a late putback

melo underachieved on a good, deep Denver team with billups, nene, kmart, jr smith, camby. He then joined up with amare, they got chandler, and yet they played their best ball when Melo was out. He demanded a trade from Denver, got his coach (currently your coach) fired. He's a cancer. Kobe underachieved with the infamous "bend over and bite your bottom lip" squad with Dwight and MVPau.

No one plays defense? Lol. The spurs heat and pacers are all elite defensive teams and happen to be the 3 best teams in the league. Adding no defense Melo to a no defense squad led by no-defense Kobe is a hilariously losing proposition. Just addressed all your shitty red blobs of text. Come at me KidCapri

elmanutres
11-27-2013, 06:07 PM
it's more like if the knicks get one of the top 3 picks in this years stacked draft, he staying, if not, he's leaving.

I really hope he goes to la. Would love to see a repeat of 2013.

The Gemini Method
11-27-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm still trying to digest The Takeover...I haven't had time to analyze L.A. L.A. Melo...if that were to even be the case.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-27-2013, 07:30 PM
:lol at the Lakers pinning their hopes on Anthony.

spurraider21
11-27-2013, 07:46 PM
By the way, I'm laughing my ass off assuming Melo will actually join the Lakers. What happens if he doesn't? :lmao Rudy Gay?