PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Opinion Regarding Devin Brown?

timvp
07-28-2005, 05:24 AM
Please answer the above poll. I'm interested in knowing what most Spurs fans would do if they were in charge.

Pick the answer closest to how you feel.

:hat

TheTruth
07-28-2005, 05:45 AM
Give him 2 mil a year, and let him battle with Brent for the 6th man spot.

MI21
07-28-2005, 05:49 AM
Brain says B, Heart says A.

So A it is.

Useruser666
07-28-2005, 07:21 AM
I'm somewhere in between B and C. I've seen great things from him in flashes, but I'm also afraid that he may have caught the Monty Williams virus.

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2005, 09:38 AM
I went with B. thats exactly how I feel.

SWC Bonfire
07-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Brain says B, Heart says A.

So A it is.

It's better to go with your brain in financial concerns. :lol

bigzak25
07-28-2005, 10:18 AM
he is a very tradeable assett at 2 mil a year and a bargain if he breaks out. :tu

wildbill2u
07-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Please answer the above poll. I'm interested in knowing what most Spurs fans would do if they were in charge.

Pick the answer closest to how you feel.
:hat

I think you could have had a choice somewhere between b and c. but maybe I'm too picky.

I could see a base contract of $1,000,000 with some incentive bonuses such as number of games played, production targets and so on. His back is the limiting factor IMHO. I really like what he brings to the team as a reserve.

FromWayDowntown
07-28-2005, 10:21 AM
If I was in Spurs management, I'd be reluctant to offer any big money or long years to Devin, because I'd be concerned about that back. Even if doctors had assured me that the back was structurally and muscularly sound, I'd have a fear that there's a greater risk now that he'll suffer an injury than there was at the beginning of 04-05.

Devin is a diamond in the rough and he's a hometown boy made good, so the PR side of this says you have to keep him -- when Devin enters games, he gets reactions that few Spurs get from the San Antonio crowd. But you have to balance PR with the good of the franchise, and tying up money for even a couple of years in guys who may not be able to overcome injuries is bad franchise management.

Kip Fanatic
07-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Barry needs to start hitting the 3's or Devin will be in there taking his place. Devin is a good player. He is not afraid to take it to the rim. He can also hit from the outside. Devin is a better defender than Barry as well. It would be great if the Spurs could keep him. If I were Devin, I would stay with the Spurs this next season and become a non-restricted FA next season. Why? If I play really good next season and win another championship the offers would be a lot better. Not only that, he doesn't have to worry about SA matching any offers. He will be free to sign anywhere. He can have a great season and make a lot of teams interested in him next off-season. That would increase his value and would mean big bucks.

sa_butta
07-28-2005, 10:42 AM
I think the Spurs continue to play the Medical condition card and get him signed. How much he is worth is hard to say but I think we have to keep him around for sure.

Spurminator
07-28-2005, 10:45 AM
$700K is Linton Johnson money. Devin has proven to be a reliable reserve, and $2 million is quite fair for someone who will probably play stretches of every game if healthy.

ALVAREZ6
07-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Give him 2 mil a year, and let him battle with Brent for the 6th man spot.
Exactly.

50 cent
07-28-2005, 11:32 AM
$700K is Linton Johnson money. Devin has proven to be a reliable reserve, and $2 million is quite fair for someone who will probably play stretches of every game if healthy.
I think that's the thing everybody wonders. If we could be guaranteed he would be healthy, then hell yeah the Spurs would give him at least $2M, but there are no guarantees - especially with back injuries.

TMSKILZ
07-28-2005, 11:33 AM
DBrown must stay a Spur @ a reasonable price, we can't continue to overpay good guys Superstar $ ie, Malik, Rasho, Barry, it hurts our long term goals of fielding a title contender until the TD era ends.

T Park
07-28-2005, 11:42 AM
B

2 mill, go ahead and give it to him.

If he gets offered more or garaunteed a starting spot??

Nice knowin ya.