PDA

View Full Version : It was an expected loss tbh....

apalisoc_9
11-27-2013, 10:45 PM
Nothing to worry about IMO

- Leonard looked aggressive but just missed about 7 chippies in the second half..easily fixable

- Parker tried to go hero ball refusing to pass to Leonard everytime he had a match up advantage, but it was generally a bad game from tony. In other nights, 8/10 hero ball Parker works

- Manu looked great tonight

- Duncan still looks terrible but he made a jumper and was a little bit more confident with his offense..

- Patty mills got hossed by Reggie Jackson...He's not going to play the same amount of minutes in the playoffs..

Save for Leonard in the first half and Manu, everyone just played with poor/low intensity..Easily fixable imo.

TXstbobcat
11-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Really bad dog shit 4th quarter for the spurs

PlayNando
11-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Lots of hero ball tonight.........

Kawhi: 6-18
Tony: 6-16
Timmy: 5-14
Total: 17-48

Three guys chucked up a lot of shots with almost nothing to show for it.

TheGoldStandard
11-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Out coached again.

Brutalis
11-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Was a bad game. Bound to happen. Had a low % shooting. It doesn't happen often but 11 wins in a row was bound to get tripped.

At least we didn't lose to a shit team.

RD2191
11-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Was a bad game. Bound to happen. Had a low % shooting. It doesn't happen often but 11 wins in a row was bound to get tripped.

At least we didn't lose to a shit team.
Retarded ass take, if we lost to a shit team then the poor shooting % was a fluke might actually have some merit. Coincidence that the Spurs shoot like shit against the first elite team they play? I think not.

DMC
11-27-2013, 10:55 PM
The Spurs problem (not a bad one) is that they are being run by role players at the moment. Their bench has saved them even against sub par teams. That won't work on the road against good teams. The starters have to step up and play like starters. I know this forum loves to let him off the hook when he's the culprit, but Tim is the team captain, you hate to see him going through it but he is. He's the reason they lost. You cannot depend on role players, but you should be able to depend on your all star center/pf/team captain. He's just not in it and they only really have Tiago there to back Tim, not to replace him. Tony can only do what Tony does. He doesn't have good court vision, only sees Tim on the pass most of the time. Kawhi is a great defender, his handles are a bit suspect on offense and his shot selection is a bit off as well. I loved his aggression attacking the rim, but there are times in the game when you have to stick to the plan. The Spurs didn't buy into it after the half, they went into hero mode and every player on the floor was chucking up shots.

They might get turned around. All it takes is for Tim to find his jumpshot. After that, Tim will be a threat up top again and that will open up the paint. Why he's line driving shots at the rim I have no idea, but he's got some autistic roadblock in his head that teaching cannot get around it seems.

This isn't the finished product. It's still basically training camp.

TheGreatYacht
11-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Out coached again.

:tu

Darius Bieber
11-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Retarded ass take, if we lost to a shit team then the poor shooting % was a fluke might actually have some merit. Coincidence that the Spurs shoot like shit against the first elite team they play? I think not.

Portland was also an "elite" team the Spurs faced. Almost similar result.

rascal
11-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Lots of hero ball tonight.........

Kawhi: 6-18
Tony: 6-16
Timmy: 5-14
Total: 17-48

Three guys chucked up a lot of shots with almost nothing to show for it.

Those are the top players on the team.

Skull-1
11-27-2013, 11:02 PM

Exactly, and Manu did NOT look good.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-27-2013, 11:03 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

TheGreatYacht
11-27-2013, 11:04 PM

:clap

rascal
11-27-2013, 11:05 PM

This has been a pattern the last few years, play great against the weak sisters in the league and get a fat record but not so impressive against the top teams. This spur team might not be any better than other teams.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Skull-1
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Still "ignoring" me I see. :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Still "ignoring" me I see. :lol
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Ditty

Who did?

apalisoc_9

You must have been sucking each other cocks during the game because Manu played a decent game today.

Skull-1
11-27-2013, 11:07 PM
You must have been sucking each other cocks during the game because Manu played a decent game today.

Lol! What game were you watching, moron?

Skull-1
11-27-2013, 11:08 PM
Who did?

Leonard. Missed some close ones though. Not sure why.

ElNono
11-27-2013, 11:44 PM
This has been a pattern the last few years, play great against the weak sisters in the league and get a fat record but not so impressive against the top teams. This spur team might not be any better than other teams.

If the "pattern" is being a top 4 team in the league then let's keep on beating "the weak sisters"...

anakha
11-27-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm actually more bummed that the Spurs lost the NBA championship belt than the game.

Holden_Caulfield
11-27-2013, 11:46 PM
relax guys we are coaaaaaasting

TheGreatYacht
11-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Nothing to worry about IMO

- Leonard looked aggressive but just missed about 7 chippies in the second half..easily fixable

- Parker tried to go hero ball refusing to pass to Leonard everytime he had a match up advantage, but it was generally a bad game from tony. In other nights, 8/10 hero ball Parker works

- Manu looked great tonight

- Duncan still looks terrible but he made a jumper and was a little bit more confident with his offense..

- Patty mills got hossed by Reggie Jackson...He's not going to play the same amount of minutes in the playoffs..

Save for Leonard in the first half and Manu, everyone just played with poor/low intensity..Easily fixable imo.

Loser's mentality from a loser himself. OP is a joke

Skull-1
11-27-2013, 11:53 PM

:toast

Budkin
11-28-2013, 12:24 AM
tbh yes

Sean Cagney
11-28-2013, 12:34 AM

They usually split with the good teams every year and get a high seed and last year made the finals and the year before WCF, how is that only beating bad teams only? I would say they only beat easy teams is pretty much false because their record against good teams is nice as well.

justinandimcool
11-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Who you are against great teams is what defines you as a player. Danny Green and Tiago Splitter = chokers. Pop = clueless. Tim = old. Tony = ballhog. Manu = average.

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Who you are against great teams is what defines you as a player. Danny Green and Tiago Splitter = chokers. Pop = clueless. Tim = old. Tony = ballhog. Manu = average.

PlayNando
11-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Those are the top players on the team.
Maybe, but not tonight. They all played like shit and you know it. Yet they kept on chucking up BS shots that clanked off the rim (if they even HIT RIM AT ALL!).

PlayNando
11-28-2013, 12:51 AM

:toast

I was going to ask why you guys agree, but then I remembered that you are the same poster with various aliases.

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 12:53 AM
I was going to ask why you guys agree, but then I remembered that you are the same poster with various aliases.

Prove it, liar.

Hoops Czar
11-28-2013, 01:06 AM
Expected loss? That wasn't the sentiment coming into the season. OKC loses Kevin Martin and everybody assumes the Thunder don't be able to score. Westbrook went 2-16 and the Spurs still lost the game.

Oh, and Reggie Jackson is better than Kevin Martin.

PlayNando
11-28-2013, 01:13 AM
Prove it, liar.
Make me.

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 01:55 AM
Make me.

Caught in a lie. Again.

I can't make you prove a negative. That is impossible.

Again... Prove it. Put up or shut up.

Return to second grade. Do not pass GO. DO NOT collect $200.

DAF86
11-28-2013, 02:25 AM

Are you ever going to stop?

racm
11-28-2013, 03:24 AM
:lol Spurs
:lol SpursTalk
:lol sweating over an early season loss to another contender on the road
:lol cliffjumpers
:lol all the grandstanding here upstairs gone after a loss
:lol expecting to win in Reflahoma
:lol letting Reggie Jackson turn into Goran Dragic

exstatic
11-28-2013, 07:49 AM

I counted at least 7 or 8 tip ins that didn't go in. That's pretty flukish. You expect at least half to go in, if not more.

exstatic
11-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Expected loss? That wasn't the sentiment coming into the season. OKC loses Kevin Martin and everybody assumes the Thunder don't be able to score. Westbrook went 2-16 and the Spurs still lost the game.

Oh, and Reggie Jackson is better than Kevin Martin.

...and he'll be just as "out the door" when it comes time for him to get paid.

Diego20
11-28-2013, 08:16 AM

Manu did look decent at least, unlike others that did:

6-18
6-16
5-14

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 10:16 AM

6-18
6-16
5-14

He looked slow and was an inch away from three turnovers with those wild passes. Bad timing. No lift on his jumper. He looks old.

Kidd K
11-28-2013, 12:09 PM
The loss doesn't matter. We already won 11 straight then barely lost to an elite team on the road. It's literally one of the least relevant losses possible in an NBA season. It's one of the ones you're supposed to be dropping at about a 67% rate.

You aren't going to win every game, and you sure as hell aren't going to win every game on the road against championship contenders who are undefeated at home. OKC was supposed to win that game to protect THEIR, not us for ours. We're already sitting fat in 1st place and are still 2 games up on OKC (instead of what would've been 4 if we won).

Some of you guys act like you haven't been here before.

Chomag
11-28-2013, 12:09 PM
So we expect to lose against high tier teams? I don't like this attitude. Spurs got beat plane and simple, They don't need excuses, they need to learn from this and figure out how to overcome it and beat them next time.

12-2 reg season wins is always nice but it does not hold any weight when you don't come to play against tougher teams. it's not about how many wins, but how your team plays. Honestly there is way to much fodder in the NBA this year to even consider a large amount of wins as an argument.

CitizenDwayne
11-28-2013, 12:14 PM
OKC's guys like Jackson (especially) and Ibaka don't bring it like that consistently.

Sure, Westbrook won't shoot 2-16 next time, but take away Jackson's effort last night, and their bench unit doesn't look very impressive at all. I still don't think this OKC team poses all that much of a threat to us. Sure, OKC didn't shoot the ball too well, but Spurs shot it pretty atrociously as well.

rascal
11-28-2013, 12:35 PM
They usually split with the good teams every year and get a high seed and last year made the finals and the year before WCF, how is that only beating bad teams only? I would say they only beat easy teams is pretty much false because their record against good teams is nice as well.

The last two years they got big breaks getting easy matchups in the playoffs with injuries to top teams. The Spurs have caught so many breaks the last two years and still could not get a title (although came surprisingly close last year).

rascal
11-28-2013, 12:37 PM
So we expect to lose against high tier teams? I don't like this attitude. Spurs got beat plane and simple, They don't need excuses, they need to learn from this and figure out how to overcome it and beat them next time.

12-2 reg season wins is always nice but it does not hold any weight when you don't come to play against tougher teams. it's not about how many wins, but how your team plays. Honestly there is way to much fodder in the NBA this year to even consider a large amount of wins as an argument.

Yes, expect the Spurs to lose against healthy top teams. That has been the pattern with this core team.

rascal
11-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Are you ever going to stop?

I could say the same about you homers who get excited every year about regular season wins against weak teams and then are surprised when the spurs fall short against their first tough playoff opponent.

wildchild
11-28-2013, 12:47 PM

6-18 (Kawhi)
6-16 (Tony)
5-14 (Tim)

Agree. Others in the same play, every shot. Off rebounds and fail again, tbh. :bang
But others (Duncan, Parker, Leonard) are our Big3 right now and I still trust on them. Just a bad night, bad 2nd half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTr59df77bE&feature=youtu.be

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 12:56 PM
The last two years they got big breaks getting easy matchups in the playoffs with injuries to top teams. The Spurs have caught so many breaks the last two years and still could not get a title (although came surprisingly close last year).

Exactly. Last season was our final chance to win with Timmy. Perfect storm. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, broke our way until the waning seconds of Game Six's fourth quarter. This is why so many of us are incensed at Manu for going braindead like he did. These opportunities are not to be squandered because they don't come around very often.

We are done in all likelihood.

RD2191
11-28-2013, 12:57 PM

Mutha fukin truff bomb. End thread. Tbh.

ElNono
11-28-2013, 01:19 PM

I thought the Spurs came to play last night. Even if ugly, it was a close game throughout. Part of the learning process will include losing game here and there. There's no 72-10 Bulls team in today's NBA.

PlayNando
11-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Caught in a lie. Again.

I can't make you prove a negative. That is impossible.

Again... Prove it. Put up or shut up.

Return to second grade. Do not pass GO. DO NOT collect $200.

You don't know how to tell the TRUTH! :lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol

PlayNando
11-28-2013, 01:22 PM
By the way, we DID NOT EXPECT to lose last game. That is a FKN RIDICULOUS attitude. FK THAT.

ElNono
11-28-2013, 01:23 PM

You play the teams the schedule puts in front of you. What are the "top teams" you're talking about, BTW? The Heat, apparently OKC, and who else?

ducks
11-28-2013, 01:27 PM
spurs were due for a bad shooting night
made some open threes in the first quarter when spurs were 1-10
they would have
shot 39%
Jackson goes for a career high spurs lose by 6
losing to a above a .500 team the first time this season not back to back people act like spurs would win out
they are 6-2 now on the road 5-2 on teams above .500

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 01:30 PM
You don't know how to tell the TRUTH! :lol :lol :lol

Don't deflect, back up your assertion, wussy.

PlayNandouche Credibility Rating = 0 (Per Par)

PlayNando
11-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Don't deflect, back up your assertion, wussy.

PlayNandouche Credibility Rating = 0 (Per Par)

What assertion?

Skull-1/TGY/jamesevans Credibility Rating = -25 (Per Par)

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 01:34 PM
What assertion?

Skull-1/TGY/jamesevans Credibility Rating = +325 (Per Par)

This assertion, jackass.

I fixed your post on cred rating, btw.

PlayNando
11-28-2013, 01:35 PM
This assertion, jackass.

I fixed your post, btw.

That's not an assertion. It's the TRUTH. There's a difference, even if your IQ is too low to comprehend it.

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 01:37 PM
That's not an assertion. It's the TRUTH. There's a difference, even if your IQ is too low to comprehend it.

Prove it. You obviously have evidence if you assert it is truth.

Oh wait. You don't. :lol Epic fail, per par. :lol

DAF86
11-28-2013, 01:44 PM
I could say the same about you homers who get excited every year about regular season wins against weak teams and then are surprised when the spurs fall short against their first tough playoff opponent.

You predicted us to lose against every weak opponent we faced last year.

rascal
11-28-2013, 01:52 PM

Not true. But I predicted the Spurs would never lose an NBA finals so I was wrong. Never expected them to get into another NBA finals so I was wrong there also if you want to say I am wrong at least get it right.

I have never seen anyone in here be right on all their predictions, people either don't predict at all because they are afraid to be wrong or run homer and say the spurs will win every year or are more pessimistic.

rascal
11-28-2013, 01:56 PM

I said they would lose to the first tough healthy opponent and that happened to be Miami. I said they would lose to Memphis because I didn't think the spurs would ever lose an NBA finals and I didn't see them beating Miami. And once the Spurs made it into the NBA finals I then predicted the Spurs would beat Miami in 7 because I thought he spurs would never lose an NBA finals so all my wrong predictions revolved around the wrong belief that the Spurs would never lose an NBA finals.

Jwash_1986
11-28-2013, 01:59 PM
We did good on the road in my eyes. Held the Thunder under 100 points. Westbrook and Durant didn't go off. Reggie Jackson is a good young player but he's not dropping 24 points shooting 71% ever again. They lost a game agasint a quality team it happens.

look_at_g_shred
11-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Team was thinking about turkey and their family tbh

Sean Cagney
11-28-2013, 02:47 PM

Come on now man alot of teams catch some breaks on the way to the finals. How did they catch a break in 012? They faced who they drew in the playoffs. If you go by this logic Miami caught breaks too to get there having a easy road. Last year Westbrook got hurt but that Memphis team they faced in the WCF was still rolling and no joke in the second half.

PlayNando
11-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Prove it. You obviously have evidence if you assert it is truth.

Oh wait. You don't. :lol Epic fail, per par. :lol
Apparently, you are incapable of reading, and I can't prove anything to the illiterate, so we'll just have to leave it at that, tbh. :(

PlayNando
11-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Team was thinking about turkey and their family tbh
Most of the team are international players that don't even celebrate that stupid gringo holiday, tbh.

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Apparently, you are incapable of reading, and I can't prove anything to the illiterate, so we'll just have to leave it at that, tbh. :(

Says the man who likes to "Relieve History". :lol

We are waiting for the proof.

ElNono
11-28-2013, 05:44 PM
You play the teams the schedule puts in front of you. What are the "top teams" you're talking about, BTW? The Heat, apparently OKC, and who else?

lmao avoiding this question like the plague... rascal been bitter since his Lakers went to shit, tbh...

apalisoc_9
11-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Most of the team are international players that don't even celebrate that stupid gringo holiday, tbh.

Ignore him scrah, he and boyfriend thegreatyacth have a mission.

apalisoc_9
11-28-2013, 05:49 PM

PlayNando
11-28-2013, 06:11 PM

:tu Word..............

PlayNando
11-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Says the man who likes to "Relieve History". :lol

We are waiting for the proof.
Says the man that still can't read. I can read better than you and English isn't even my first language. :lol :lol :lol

I don't have to prove anything to you. You know it's the truth and that's all that matters. You are living a lie and are in self-denial. Your time will come. The walls will come tumbling down just like they did in Berlin. You can't keep West Berlin separate from East Berlin forever, just like you can't keep jamesevans, Skull-1, and TheGreatYacht apart forever. Exposure.

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Says the man that still can't read. I can read better than you and English isn't even my first language. :lol :lol :lol

I don't have to prove anything to you. You know it's the truth and that's all that matters. You are living a lie and are in self-denial. Your time will come. The walls will come tumbling down just like they did in Berlin. You can't keep West Berlin separate from East Berlin forever, just like you can't keep jamesevans, Skull-1, and TheGreatYacht apart forever. Exposure.

:lmao

Are you speaking English? Or are you just illiterate?

You CAN RELIEVE HISTORY. IT'S NOT MY FKN FAULT THAT YOU ARE ILLITERATE AND CAN'T READ ENGLISH EVEN THOUGH IT'S YOUR SCUMMY COUNTRY'S NATIVE TONGUE. LOTS OF AMERICANS CAN'T READ, PER PAR.

Double irony in that he denigrates the nation that invented the game...and bore the team...he claims to love. :lol What a Dbag! Hahahahahahahaah!

PlayNando
11-28-2013, 08:22 PM

Double irony in that he denigrates the nation that invented the game...and bore the team...he claims to love. :lol What a Dbag! Hahahahahahahaah!
Terrible poster's take is terrible, per par. :lol

PlayNando
11-28-2013, 08:25 PM
You do realize that the nation that invented basketball wouldn't have been born if it weren't for France bailing them out of their idiotic revolutionary war, right? Liberté, égalité, fraternité.

sventhedog
11-28-2013, 08:25 PM
no question it's too early to be worried. but this shows the difference between the spurs and thunder.

1. spurs offense (combined with good chemistry/familiarity) is great in the regular season but not in the playoffs.
2. thunder, in big games, can crank their defense to a higher level. while the spurs have a lower ceiling on defense due to their lack of athleticism and speed.
3. the spurs need to step up their offense instead to win games.

as long as the spurs need to rely on bonner, diaw on defense, don't expect any difference from the past years the spurs haven't won.

best case scenario is for duncan to struggle till the trade deadline approaches so the spurs realize he needs help in the frontcourt.

the problem is the spurs don't have much assets and this is the price you pay for loyalty to your old core and some veterans. the front office have done a great job considering the limitations.

they really need to be creative in making trades. it's always a gamble if you try to shake things up but considering this may be duncan's last chance, this might be the final opportunity.

if they choose to stand pat again, i just hope they get lucky and somehow reach the finals. but it's pretty hard to expect different results if you keep doing the same thing.

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 08:36 PM
You do realize that the nation that invented basketball wouldn't have been born if it weren't for France bailing them out of their idiotic revolutionary war, right? Liberté, égalité, fraternité.

France? LOL! You mean, "Thanks For Saving Our Ass in Two World Wars Land"? :lol

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Terrible poster's take is terrible, per par. :lol

Yep. Here's an example....

You CAN RELIEVE HISTORY. IT'S NOT MY FKN FAULT THAT YOU ARE ILLITERATE AND CAN'T READ ENGLISH EVEN THOUGH IT'S YOUR SCUMMY COUNTRY'S NATIVE TONGUE. LOTS OF AMERICANS CAN'T READ, PER PAR.

:rollin

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-28-2013, 08:39 PM
All I learned from this thread is that Skull is more stupid than I expected

:lmao "inches away from three turnovers" lmao what does that even mean? He was inches away from like 3 steals and a perfect shooting night. Gtfo clown

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 08:41 PM
All I learned from this thread is that Skull is more stupid than I expected

:lmao "inches away from three turnovers" lmao what does that even mean? He was inches away from like 3 steals and a perfect shooting night. Gtfo clown

"I have you on ignore" x 10

Hahahahaah! Liar. Can't stop it, your obsession with me, creepy stalker Nandouche nut gobbler..... :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-28-2013, 08:44 PM
:lmao deflecting your stupidity because you know you're stupid as shit

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 08:45 PM
:lmao deflecting my stupidity because I know I am stupid and dishonest as shit

Yep.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-28-2013, 08:50 PM
"But...but...but he almost eased up like 5 times!!! It's not as if he was the only one generating offense and being clutch :cry Manu :("

Skull-1
11-28-2013, 11:41 PM
"But...but...but he almost eased up like 5 times!!! It's not as if he was the only one generating offense and being clutch :cry Manu :("

Airballs are clutch now? :lol

Hoops Czar
11-29-2013, 01:27 AM
...and he'll be just as "out the door" when it comes time for him to get paid.

That remains to be seen. It's not something OKC has to worry about anytime in the near future. It's early but it would surprise me if the opted to keep RJ and traded Westbrook when that time comes.

rascal
11-29-2013, 09:13 AM
no question it's too early to be worried. but this shows the difference between the spurs and thunder.

1. spurs offense (combined with good chemistry/familiarity) is great in the regular season but not in the playoffs.
2. thunder, in big games, can crank their defense to a higher level. while the spurs have a lower ceiling on defense due to their lack of athleticism and speed.
3. the spurs need to step up their offense instead to win games.

as long as the spurs need to rely on bonner, diaw on defense, don't expect any difference from the past years the spurs haven't won.

best case scenario is for duncan to struggle till the trade deadline approaches so the spurs realize he needs help in the frontcourt.

the problem is the spurs don't have much assets and this is the price you pay for loyalty to your old core and some veterans. the front office have done a great job considering the limitations.

they really need to be creative in making trades. it's always a gamble if you try to shake things up but considering this may be duncan's last chance, this might be the final opportunity.

if they choose to stand pat again, i just hope they get lucky and somehow reach the finals. but it's pretty hard to expect different results if you keep doing the same thing.

Good post that sums it up. The Spurs are a top regular season team and need big breaks with easy matchups and injured stars to other teams to go far in the playoffs.

Brutalis
11-29-2013, 07:02 PM
YOU said that. Not me fool. Read the damn post again.

hooperflash
12-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Yeah, the cancelled game through off Pop's routine.