PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts - Scola's fate....

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2005, 08:50 AM
So whats up guys?
What is your opinion of what'll happen with Scola?
Whats the general consensus?

Will we keep his rights and have him next year? trade his rights?
do we need him now that we have Oberto?

OPINIONS NEEDED.

spur219
07-28-2005, 09:05 AM
I think his rights will be traded. Although I wish the Spurs wouldn't do that.

batman2883
07-28-2005, 09:09 AM
I hope the Spurs keep his rights and bring him over next year, the NBA is going to see a fierce competitor in Luis Scola.

GoSpurs21
07-28-2005, 09:26 AM
maybe if he grows up and stops acting like a spoiled brat the Spurs or some other team will bring him to the NBA, otherwise he will become a paria

boutons
07-28-2005, 09:33 AM
He seems to be a hustler and winner, traits too rare among NBA players, unspoiled by the me-first-and-only balla ethic, so I hate to see him not become a Spur, to be victimized by a horrible contract, but his Spurs' future is very tenuous, the Spurs' payroll is topping out pretty quickly.

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2005, 09:36 AM
maybe if he grows up and stops acting like a spoiled brat the Spurs or some other team will bring him to the NBA, otherwise he will become a paria

he;s a spoinled brat?
I thought the whole deal was his team didin't want to budge on the buyout $$.
And of course he;d be reasonably upset that he can't come over this year when he was most likely expecting to for along time.

Did I miss something else? explain.

SWC Bonfire
07-28-2005, 09:36 AM
What doesn't kill you will make you stronger. This disappointment may have been one of the best things to happen to Scola, and may make him into a better player and person.

SWC Bonfire
07-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Did I miss something else? explain.

He got frustrated and said something about trading his rights to another team. It was a stupid statement made when he was pissed off, nothing more.

my2sons
07-28-2005, 09:45 AM
i believe the spurs will make it look like they are shopping his rights and end up stating there were no takers and go at it again next season, with a we tried, no one obliged lets get the contract done....besides who's to say they can't go back to this option mid season and explore the buyout clause again

Kip Fanatic
07-28-2005, 10:14 AM
The Spurs will trade if there is a good deal out there that will improve the team. Who knows? The only guy that is not being traded is Tim. We might be able to say the same about Manu. However, Scola would be a great addition to the team, but the Spurs are stacked. Like I said, if there is a deal presented that will improve the team, the Spurs may pull the trigger.

bigzak25
07-28-2005, 10:25 AM
i'm hoping he is a spur next year once rasho is moved and nazr not resigned.

wildbill2u
07-28-2005, 10:25 AM
If anyone can understand the problems caused by contracts, it's Scola. We have legal obligations/contracts with the NBA as well as his contract with TAU. Let it go for this year and bring him over next year if that can be worked out.

Taking it to the Hole
07-28-2005, 12:21 PM
The Spurs are going to retain his rights. They have waited to long and put alot of time and effort into this investment to not bring him over. Next summer, he will be on this team.

ALVAREZ6
07-28-2005, 02:47 PM
He got frustrated and said something about trading his rights to another team. It was a stupid statement made when he was pissed off, nothing more.
I would say the same if I were in his position...I wouldn't want to wait until my career is over until it can begin in the NBA. I know he's only 25, but how does he know when they are finally going to bring him over.
He just wants to play in the NBA, nothing wrong with that...isn't that everyone basketball players ultimate dream?

GoSpurs21
07-28-2005, 04:31 PM
I would say the same if I were in his position...I wouldn't want to wait until my career is over until it can begin in the NBA. I know he's only 25, but how does he know when they are finally going to bring him over.
He just wants to play in the NBA, nothing wrong with that...isn't that everyone basketball players ultimate dream?Its fine for Scola to feel that way and even express it to the Spurs...but you dont do it in the press. that's where the spoiled brat comes out. why wont Scola tell the press what the buy out really is (again that's bratty behavior).

All Scola was doing was showing his immaturaty and if you take his side over the Spurs you are showing yours as well

and if you think any other team would pay him to buy out his contract then why wouldnt the Spurs pull the trigger?

ducks
07-28-2005, 05:35 PM
some say heaven or hell eventually

Oscar DeLa
07-28-2005, 07:42 PM
I dont know what it is,
but when a player from argentina is drafted

everyone thinks he's going to be bad ass!

MaNuMaNiAc
07-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Its fine for Scola to feel that way and even express it to the Spurs...but you dont do it in the press. that's where the spoiled brat comes out. why wont Scola tell the press what the buy out really is (again that's bratty behavior).

All Scola was doing was showing his immaturaty and if you take his side over the Spurs you are showing yours as well

and if you think any other team would pay him to buy out his contract then why wouldnt the Spurs pull the trigger?
Inmaturity?? You know I think people here are getting a bit carried away with the homerism. This "the Spurs organization can do no evil" attitude is very naive on your part aswell. I don't think people here really know what actually happened in those negotiations. Perhaps the Spurs were actually leading him on because they wanted to raise his trade value when it came time to use it. Perhaps the Spurs wanted Oberto more after all, just like TimVP said. If this is the case, Scola had every right to be pissed.

The point is the Spurs are in the business of making money and winning championships, not upholding some fantasticly ridiculous moral standard dreamed up by some overexited fans who live in a world of fiction. The Spurs will do what they see fit to benefit themselves just like any selfrespecting corporation, and so will Scola for that matter, which right now involves a trade scenario which allows for him to play in the NBA this season.

smeagol
07-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Inmaturity?? You know I think people here are getting a bit carried away with the homerism. This "the Spurs organization can do no evil" attitude is very naive on your part aswell. I don't think people here really know what actually happened in those negotiations. Perhaps the Spurs were actually leading him on because they wanted to raise his trade value when it came time to use it. Perhaps the Spurs wanted Oberto more after all, just like TimVP said. If this is the case, Scola had every right to be pissed.

The point is the Spurs are in the business of making money and winning championships, not upholding some fantasticly ridiculous moral standard dreamed up by some overexited fans who live in a world of fiction. The Spurs will do what they see fit to benefit themselves just like any selfrespecting corporation, and so will Scola for that matter, which right now involves a trade scenario which allows for him to play in the NBA this season.
MaNuMaMaNiA, stop making sense, dude.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-28-2005, 08:09 PM
MaNuMaMaNiA, stop making sense, dude.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_6_5.gif

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2005, 08:10 PM

exactofuckinglutly! :tu

ALVAREZ6
07-28-2005, 08:11 PM
exactofuckinglutly! :tu
I agree.

bigzak25
07-28-2005, 08:12 PM

i agree with all you said except the trade him to play this year part. :tu

Horry For 3!
07-28-2005, 10:43 PM
He will either be traded or become a Spur next year.

Mr. Body
07-28-2005, 10:53 PM
I see him staying at TAU until his contract runs, then becoming a Spur. Of course, I don't get a vote.

bigbendbruisebrother
07-29-2005, 08:18 AM
I see him staying at TAU until his contract runs, then becoming a Spur. Of course, I don't get a vote.

I agree.