:toast

qi9rMcOPPoM

KaiRMD1
11-28-2013, 11:37 AM
http://www.rescuepost.com/.a/6a00d8357f3f2969e201538f7b91f8970b-400wi

Katherine Robinson
11-28-2013, 02:00 PM
http://www.rescuepost.com/.a/6a00d8357f3f2969e201538f7b91f8970b-400wi

That's an untrue assessment, while Kobe Bryant holds back the team's competitiveness, he maintains their very lucrative cash flow.

DMC
11-28-2013, 02:08 PM
CIA Mitch. They will make money off Kobe for another decade if not more. This money they spent will be made back in a year, probably less. On the surface it seems foolish, and on a competitive level it is, but it's a smart business move.

Raven
11-28-2013, 02:20 PM
and none asks them if they have given up on signing two max players..

DAF86
11-28-2013, 02:21 PM
I can't tell if they actually believe what they're saying or not.

Monkeyboy14
11-28-2013, 03:08 PM
That's an untrue assessment, while Kobe Bryant holds back the team's competitiveness, he maintains their very lucrative cash flow.
LOL is that what you care about? I understand what you are saying. They will still make money. But I dont think this is a move you should be defending in any way. Championship-wise, its a waste of money.

Fabbs
11-28-2013, 03:30 PM
LOL is that what you care about? I understand what you are saying. They will still make money. But I dont think this is a move you should be defending in any way. Championship-wise, its a waste of money.
But Laker Cultists should not give up hope for another rigged championship.
Lets look back at 2008. Bryant was further exposed for the fraud he is. They were sub .500 with him as the *leader* and bound for another season of missing the playoffs.
Boom let the riggin begin.
Pau for Kwame.
Derek Swisher let out of his Utah contract for *medical reasons*.
Refs anally serviced and provided payments to advance the Lakeshow.

WWE title.

ambchang
11-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Honestly, from a business viewpoint, especially on a short term basis, this is not a bad signing.

However, that is what you expect from a faceless corporation owned team,not from a family, and certainly not one that has a winning tradition like the Lakers.

Will a few years of suckage really hurt the Lakers brand? I am guessing not likely given the rich history of the team, but we also know that Laker fans are a finicky/bandwagonny bunch, and they will not wear their Lakers gear and go to Lakers game when the team starts to lose, so the team will eventually have to put together a winning program anyways. The bigger are:
1) Will the additional revenue being pulled in from this Kobe signing offset the reduction in revenue when the team starts to suck and there's no Kobe around?
2) How long will that suckage last?
3) After Kobe is gone and the team has sucked a few years in a row, will the Lakers have enough draw to get big name free agents like they always did?

My guess is that the answers will be favourable to the Lakers.

That said, still not sure why they offered 2 years $48M when they could have offered less given that there really are no competitors for Kobe's services at that price range, it's almost like that Rashard Lewis contract a few years ago, only for a shorter term. Maybe this is the way the Lakers organization want to pay back Kobe for his years of service, but Kobe has been compensated plenty over the years already.

spurraider21
11-28-2013, 04:04 PM
i've said it before. as a fan, if you are rooting or the Buss family and the Lakers organization to maximize profits, this was a fantastic signing. You can go home, hire some strippers and celebrate that Jim Buss will continue to net big gains and his bank account can grow. Great day for Buss bank account fans.

If your rooting interest is for the Lakers to compete for championships, it was a terrible contract.

ambchang
11-28-2013, 04:06 PM
I am not sure if they are maximizing profits. It's not a case of "We will sign Kobe for $48M/2years or he won't sign with us". They can still sign Kobe for a lesser amount, in which they will then maximize their profits

Katherine Robinson
11-28-2013, 04:26 PM

I am not defending it, I am explaining it. It does not waste money in any way, shape or form - it's a two year deal. Are the Lakers making a big signing in two years? No, they can still make big trades and sign that luxury tax check, but it's understood that Lebron is the only FA who is a game change coming up and he'll never be a Laker.

If you can't put these pieces together, you'll just embarrass yourself outside of your natural element upstairs.

The Lakers are done for the next 5 years or less if luck finds their way. It's time to bandage wounds for Laker brass.

Rogue
11-28-2013, 09:24 PM
NBA is a business before a sport imho. Lakers can maintain the flow of $ by resigning Kobe so they have no problem doing so, despite the impacts on the team's competence. I think it's just the fans who're mad at this signing, and the money committed to a 35yr old TOSB coming back from such a horrible injury. But the team and Kobe both know they ain't having no chance at the Championship any time soon while the league is dominated by the Heat.

Monkeyboy14
11-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Lets look back at 2008. Bryant was further exposed for the fraud he is. They were sub .500 with him as the *leader* and bound for another season of missing the playoffs.
Pau for Kwame.

WWE title.
True, I understand what you are saying and I agree to an extent. But thats back when kobe was considered the face of the NBA. Now with Lebron as the face and with guys like KD, idk if they will be rigging toooo much any time soon

HI-FI
11-28-2013, 09:37 PM
interesting to watch the video, even Mitch was saying the new cap puts restrictions on the team. Good to hear it from the horse's mouth instead of the usual "time warner deal" retarded reply.

Koolaid_Man
11-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Thank god for Mitch...Jimmy boy looks like he's been smoking crack for 8 miles...I was very unimpressed he kept trynna defer to Mitch....he looks like an in-bred character from the movie "Deliverance"...good grief

KaiRMD1
11-29-2013, 01:23 AM
NBA is a business before a sport imho. Lakers can maintain the flow of $ by resigning Kobe so they have no problem doing so, despite the impacts on the team's competence. I think it's just the fans who're mad at this signing, and the money committed to a 35yr old TOSB coming back from such a horrible injury. But the team and Kobe both know they ain't having no chance at the Championship any time soon while the league is dominated by the Heat.

My main problem with the NBA is this belief sadly. A sport can become a lucrative business when it is thought of as a sport. When people think of it from a business aspect in order to be deemed "competitive" (i.E. OKC facing the Heat in the finals for good ratings and ending up with a one sided contest) just makes the whole sport a joke. I'd like to believe basketball is still a sport but I guess I'm still wishing for the good ol' days.

Thebesteva
11-29-2013, 01:28 AM
Thank god for Mitch...Jimmy boy looks like he's been smoking crack for 8 miles...I was very unimpressed he kept trynna defer to Mitch....he looks like an in-bred character from the movie "Deliverance"...good grief

LMFAO @ that av

Deuce Bigalow
11-29-2013, 01:34 AM
Pau for Kwame.

WWE title.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/wtf.gif

scanry
11-29-2013, 03:37 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/wtf.gif

Son it's Fabbs for crying out loud.

Rogue
11-29-2013, 05:49 AM
My main problem with the NBA is this belief sadly. A sport can become a lucrative business when it is thought of as a sport. When people think of it from a business aspect in order to be deemed "competitive" (i.E. OKC facing the Heat in the finals for good ratings and ending up with a one sided contest) just makes the whole sport a joke. I'd like to believe basketball is still a sport but I guess I'm still wishing for the good ol' days.
I also miss the old days when students cared about nothing but studying tbh. It's sad but true that even education has kind of become a business. Students pay tuitions to get educated, or just to get that piece of fucking paper which can increase their odds of getting decent jobs. I've spent the past like 20 fucking years in schools of all levels and most of the teachers as well as the students only want their knowledge and efforts rewarded in the form of money, which's pathetic imho.

elmanutres
11-29-2013, 01:32 PM

In in the short run though.

Katherine Robinson
11-29-2013, 01:37 PM
In in the short run though.

A short run where copious cap space would be redundant unless there was a realistic chance to sign Lebron James.