PDA

View Full Version : Black Thursday= stealing worker's Thanksgiving

Capt Bringdown
11-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Black Thursday: Thanksgiving in the Consumer Wasteland -- more -->> (http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/20308-black-thursday-thanksgiving-in-the-consumer-wasteland)

Black Friday may be important to the retailers who depend upon the orgasmic gush of consumer spending to put their earnings for the year "in the black" - where the term came from, if you didn't know - but it has metastasized into perhaps the most gruesome display of everything that has gone sideways in American society.
Once upon a time, it was fun in its own odd way, I suppose, but now...now, people camp out for days in department store parking lots, risk stampedes, fist-fights and the occasional hail of gunfire in order to get their glutton on one day after a holiday dedicated to being thankful for what they have. Someone will die in a store on Friday over a flat-screen television or a power tool. That annual sacrifice upon the altar of More Stuff has become as predictable as the tides.

For the record, and not to put too fine a point on it: if you join the human crudwave of shopping on Friday, you are an asshole. If you actually endorse the theft of people's Thanksgiving holiday by frequenting those open stores today, you are a Very Special Breed Of Asshole, a whole Bag of Assholes, with extra assholes on the side.

-- more -->> (http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/20308-black-thursday-thanksgiving-in-the-consumer-wasteland)

TeyshaBlue
11-28-2013, 11:14 AM
There's not enough money in DFW to get me into a Black Thursday/Friday event.
Hell, I do most of my holiday shopping online.

TeyshaBlue
11-28-2013, 11:15 AM
And Fuck Puzza Hut.

TeyshaBlue
11-28-2013, 11:18 AM
I also told the spousal unit STFU. No fucking way.

Wild Cobra
11-28-2013, 11:20 AM
And Fuck Puzza Hut.

Are they making you work today?

baseline bum
11-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Are they making you work today?

:lol

WC with the goods.

TeyshaBlue
11-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Nobody makes me work on holidays. Thats the joy of contracting.

baseline bum
11-28-2013, 11:35 AM
LOL Black Friday becoming the biggest holiday in America now. This country fucking sucks sometimes. :lol

baseline bum
11-28-2013, 11:36 AM
As for the employees running the holiday shift, Target said it "works closely with its team members to understand scheduling preferences" and pays such workers time and a half.

Is this true, Jacob?

Wild Cobra
11-28-2013, 11:52 AM
:lol

WC with the goods.

I couldn't help it. that was wide open for such a response.

Sorry TB, but I had to. Blame it on the last labor charge I had on a car. $666.

$92.50/hr, 7.2 hrs = $666...

Suspect
11-28-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't celebrate holidays so I couldn't care less. I'm off anyways. Nothing I want this black friday also.

TeyshaBlue
11-28-2013, 12:23 PM
$666! WTF dude. You hired Satan to fix your car?

m>s
11-28-2013, 12:54 PM
I never shop on Black Friday. It started when I was in college and didn't have money to spend. Now that I've been working and have money I just continue the tradition. I like having 5 digits in the bank plus 401k plus money in the market separately. Not going to blow it in cheap electronics after all my life of staying disconnected from the matrix. No tv here just visit about 4 or 5 sites so I miss all the marketing. Mindless Jewish consumerism..desecrating the meaning of thanksgiving.

baseline bum
11-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Truth son, this holiday is about genocide, not buying more crap.

m>s
11-28-2013, 01:19 PM
this holiday is about genocide, not buying more crap.

smart man. this level of enlightenment is just above the mental capacity of some.

Chomag
11-28-2013, 01:19 PM
LOL Black Friday becoming the biggest holiday in America now. This country fucking sucks sometimes. :lol

This! Such a sad day we live in, most people have no selfworth and they are called sheep for a reason. Sheep just for the greed to farm on. So whens that next Iphone anyway?

m>s
11-28-2013, 01:23 PM
and by the above post i didn't mean native american injun genocide, and something tells me you didn't either :lol

resistanze
11-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Is this true, Jacob?

:lmao

Wild Cobra
11-28-2013, 01:56 PM
$666! WTF dude. You hired Satan to fix your car?
I hired a mechanic with a stellar reputation.

LOL...

At first i thought you said Saturn...

GoodOdor
11-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Got a nice monitor online.

angrydude
11-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Black Friday deals are more important than ever now that nobody in America has any money thanks to Obama and his fed.

Jacob1983
11-28-2013, 10:25 PM
I don't give a shit about Black Thursday because I don't have to be back until 12:30pm tomorrow and most of the remaining deals are shitty anyways. To answer people that may have been assholes to me by asking a question, the Umbrella Corporation usually pays time and a half if you work on a holiday.

HI-FI
11-28-2013, 10:54 PM
I never shop on Black Friday. It started when I was in college and didn't have money to spend. Now that I've been working and have money I just continue the tradition. I like having 5 digits in the bank plus 401k plus money in the market separately. Not going to blow it in cheap electronics after all my life of staying disconnected from the matrix. No tv here just visit about 4 or 5 sites so I miss all the marketing. Mindless Jewish consumerism..desecrating the meaning of thanksgiving.
sounds like you doing better than me tbh. respect on the no TV thing. I actually went without cable for most of high school, parts of college, so I missed out on some big games in NBA etc... Tbh I don't watch a ton of TV, and I don't know if I could go without it because I like to watch movies in the highest quality possible. But I respect anyone that tries to get out of the matrix or off the grid. I definitely wonder whether Internet/digital culture been good or bad for me in the past decade or so.
ftr, I only did Black Friday once. For some reason I'm thinking of doing it tonight, but tbh, I really detest it and the mob of humanity present at these things. Dawn of the Dead (1978) was ahead of its time in showing mindless consumerism.

leemajors
11-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Nobody makes me work on holidays. Thats the joy of contracting.

I've been working US holidays at 2.5 pay, works fine for me :lol

TeyshaBlue
11-29-2013, 10:11 AM
I've been working US holidays at 2.5 pay, works fine for me :lol
I wouldnt mind breaking off some 2.5. That's sweet. But nobody's gonna pay me 2.5 my rates.:lol

symple19
11-29-2013, 12:52 PM
For the record, and not to put too fine a point on it: if you join the human crudwave of shopping on Friday, you are an asshole. If you actually endorse the theft of people's Thanksgiving holiday by frequenting those open stores today, you are a Very Special Breed Of Asshole, a whole Bag of Assholes, with extra assholes on the side.

Amen

Expert
11-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Truth son, this holiday is about genocide, not buying more crap.

My people roasted an effigy for Thanksgiving. I cannot say who the effigy was.