PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Kobe: "Melo Is The Hardest Person To GuardPERIOD!!!!"

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Make it happen Mitch!!! :toast

The Lakers star said Anthony, the Knicks’ MVP candidate, is the “most difficult” guy for him to guard in the league, even harder than LeBron James (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/927/lebron-james), he told ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith on Tuesday.

“For me?” Bryant said. “Yeah….”
“I’m [180 pounds] soaking wet,” said Bryant, who is Melo’s teammate on Team USA. “Going up against that bull, it’s fun, but it’s hard.”

rayjayjohnson
11-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Agree with Koolaids. Do it Mitch. Keep running that shitty franchise into the ground.

:lol melo
:lol fat
:lol 9 seed

:lmao koolaids

rayjayjohnson
11-29-2013, 06:55 PM
...and like Kobe even defends anymore. What would his raping ass know?

Michael Jordan.
11-29-2013, 06:56 PM
:lol Career 41% shooter in the playoffs.

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2013, 06:57 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/nba_u_mammelo0_zpsb7a2fdd6.jpg

rayjayjohnson
11-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Melo going in hard, Colorado style.

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Agree with Koolaids. Do it Mitch. Keep running that shitty franchise into the ground.

:lol melo
:lol fat
:lol 9 seed

:lmao koolaids

you're just mad that he treated the nuggets like a fat slump busting whore

rayjayjohnson
11-29-2013, 07:00 PM
He's leading them Knicks to getting Wiggins for the Nuggs. Bless his fat ass

spurraider21
11-29-2013, 07:00 PM
please do it mitch!

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2013, 07:05 PM
When the Knicks went on a roll with Lin and every started bashing Melo....Kobe straightened Melo out and Melo says he's eternally grateful for Kobe:

"Everybody said, 'Well, they're better without Carmelo,' and all this nonsense," Bryant said. "You guys really put the hammer on him, and as a result, he kind of got a little gun shy and a little self-conscious about things.

"I asked him, 'What's going on? What the hell are you doing?' I said, 'Do what you do best.'"

Last week, Anthony recalled the conversation he had with Bryant.

"He was just like, 'What's wrong? You know you're not healthy. Just make sure you get healthy and come back and do what you've got to do. Try not to worry about what's going on, what's being said and just play basketball,'" Anthony said. "'You know what you can do. You know what you're capable of. Go from there.'

"At that point in time it was something that was good to hear, especially coming from a guy like that."

"Melo does it all and he's as strong as a bull," Bryant said told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2013, 07:06 PM
^ looks like the storm clouds are gathering Spur fan :lol

DMC
11-29-2013, 07:06 PM
all this means is that we now have a real opportunity to solidify our bench even further by signing K-Mart...I'm still praying we sign Barbosa and Martin to deepen our Bench even further....

if this happens and Obama wins re-election I think I just might turn gay :lol as in happy :lol

Kobe
Dwight
Nash
Pau
Artest
Hill
Jamison
Meeks
Barbosa
K-Mart
Blake
E-Banks

just fucking sick...just fucking sick...:toast

Do It Mitch...Just fucking Do It Man!!!!

Leetonidas
11-29-2013, 07:09 PM
the fuck does Kobe know about defending someone? :lmao

Leetonidas
11-29-2013, 07:10 PM
you're just mad that he treated the nuggets like a fat slump busting whore

:lol Nuggets making the playoffs without him
:lol Knicks are garbage year in and year out since he got there
:lol Soon to be leading the Lakers to first round exists

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2013, 07:12 PM
In an interview (http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-saturday-bryant-dishes-on-legacy-teammates/) with Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld, Bryant said:
I would actually like to play with Melo. Championships are won on the inside and I’m always thinking about winning the title. I would love to play with Melo because I would know that I have an inside presence. That’s really been the biggest strength with our Lakers team.

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Melo and Kobe working toward a goal that both desperately want....will certainly learn how to play to each others strengths.

LkrFan
11-29-2013, 07:15 PM
Kobe and Melo both are beasts in the post. The Lakers have bigs that can hit 15-17 footers to provide unique spacing - ala the Bulls back in the day. People like to joke around about MJ winning without a 20-10 center, but the reality is, MJ and Pip were the best perimeter players in the game - who just so happened to have really good post games. Go to the block and score at will or kick out to open bigs that can knock down jumpers. Same effect as throwing it down low to a dominant big and having him kick it out to a shooter.

Like Kobe, Melo is a closer. Melo is someone that will command double and triple teams. In tandem, they would put a lot of pressure on defense because of how lethal they are on the block and the fact that they both have legit midrange games and 3pt range.

I imagine even Wade and Bron having a hard time guarding these two at the end of quarters/games. We know Wade can't handle Kobe on that low block, and I'd imagine Bron having issues Melo down there as well (because other than blind side blocking, his low post defense sucks). This is where Miami would get exposed.

Farmers on here like to joke around about a Kobe/Melo pairing, but the reality is not too many defensive tandems will be able to handle these two. Including Bron and Wade.

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Kobe and Melo both are beasts in the post. The Lakers have bigs that can hit 15-17 footers to provide unique spacing - ala the Bulls back in the day. People like to joke around about MJ winning without a 20-10 center, but the reality is, MJ and Pip were the best perimeter players in the game - who just so happened to have really good post games. Go to the block and score at will or kick out to open bigs that can knock down jumpers. Same effect as throwing it down low to a dominant big and having him kick it out to a shooter.

Like Kobe, Melo is a closer. Melo is someone that will command double and triple teams. In tandem, they would put a lot of pressure on defense because of how lethal they are on the block and the fact that they both have legit midrange games and 3pt range.

I imagine even Wade and Bron having a hard time guarding these two at the end of quarters/games. We know Wade can't handle Kobe on that low block, and I'd imagine Bron having issues Melo down there as well (because other than blind side blocking, his low post defense sucks). This is where Miami would get exposed.

Farmers on here like to joke around about a Kobe/Melo pairing, but the reality is not too many defensive tandems will be able to handle these two. Including Bron and Wade.

Can you name for me a single person on the Spurs that can stop or even slow down Melo...not a fucking person and Spur fan knows it...they're not looking at this thing properly you double Kobe and Melo will feast....pick your poison....

Kobe and Melo will be like MJ and Pippen

spurraider21
11-29-2013, 07:19 PM
c'mon mitch! c'mon fredo! we all know you can get melo pls do it!

Rogue
11-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Kobe has every reason to want Melo in LA so he would have a rival competing against him for the lowest FG% of the team.

Bulaien999
11-29-2013, 07:44 PM
No way Kobe and Melo can keep their egos in check. Who takes the last shot... and if its a miss, who takes the blame. Pau has been the whipping boy long enough

Leetonidas
11-29-2013, 07:45 PM
:lol not just a river in Africa

Bulaien999
11-29-2013, 07:46 PM
P.s. I hope melo goes to the Lakers :lol

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2013, 07:48 PM
P.s. I hope melo goes to the Lakers :lol

:lol so do I....

what's funny is Rocket fan stuck with Mental Midget Dwight and tryanna rag on Melo...

Melo is 5x the player that Dwight is....

Rogue
11-29-2013, 07:55 PM
No way Kobe and Melo can keep their egos in check. Who takes the last shot... and if its a miss, who takes the blame. Pau has been the whipping boy long enough
non-issue, you believe kobe can still play that ball-hogging style as he used to? Melo would be brought in as a partner to Kobe but he'd later find himself being made a successor to him, like J to K in man in black.

spurraider21
11-29-2013, 07:58 PM
:lol 5 year commitment to a 30 year old loser

we all know Fredo has at least 1 more franchise destroying move in him. lets do it

LkrFan
11-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Can you name for me a single person on the Spurs that can stop or even slow down Melo...not a fucking person and Spur fan knows it...they're not looking at this thing properly you double Kobe and Melo will feast....pick your poison....

Kobe and Melo will be like MJ and Pippen
I can't and neither can these farmers. With Howard aboard, it was easy to pack the paint and double Kobe at the same time. Howard had no postgame nor was he a perimeter threat so it worked more often than not. Melo's postgame >>> Howard's ever was. And he has a potent midrange game. And he has 3pt range. And he can pass. And he can hit his FTs. Double him and Kobe is going backdoor (no pun intended :lol).

Most NBA champions had at least a potent 1-2 punch. KAJ/Magic/Worthy. Bird/Mchale/Chief. MJ/Pip. Kobe/Shaq. Kobe/Pau. Bron/Wade/Bosh. When the games are tight and you need a bucket, you always need an ace or two in the hole. Players who can take over games when called upon. All of the great teams had them.

I could see Kobe/Melo as the foundation of building another winner in LA. Both are triple threats. Both command double/triple teams. Both can takeover games. Modern day MJ and Pip indeed.

Michael Jordan.
11-29-2013, 09:55 PM
I can't and neither can these farmers. With Howard aboard, it was easy to pack the paint and double Kobe at the same time. Howard had no postgame nor was he a perimeter threat so it worked more often than not. Melo's postgame >>> Howard's ever was. And he has a potent midrange game. And he has 3pt range. And he can pass. And he can hit his FTs. Double him and Kobe is going backdoor (no pun intended :lol).

Most NBA champions had at least a potent 1-2 punch. KAJ/Magic/Worthy. Bird/Mchale/Chief. MJ/Pip. Kobe/Shaq. Kobe/Pau. Bron/Wade/Bosh. When the games are tight and you need a bucket, you always need an ace or two in the hole. Players who can take over games when called upon. All of the great teams had them.

I could see Kobe/Melo as the foundation of building another winner in LA. Both are triple threats. Both command double/triple teams. Both can takeover games. Modern day MJ and Pip indeed.

You have literally been wrong about everything so far. But this time, you won't be able to back out and call it trolling :lol

LkrFan
11-29-2013, 09:58 PM
You have literally been wrong about everything so far. But this time, you won't be able to back out and call it trolling :lol
I was right about you not winning jackshit during the Showtime Era. The '80s was the toughest era in NBA history. For some reason you didn't win. Care to explain why? ;)

elmanutres
11-29-2013, 10:01 PM
I pray capriaids man's wishes come true to see...once again the hilarious meltdown that he will go through.

ambchang
11-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Hey. At least Kobe admitted that inside players were the lakers strength.

LkrFan
11-29-2013, 10:13 PM
:lol Nuggets making the playoffs without him
:lol Knicks are garbage year in and year out since he got there
:lol Soon to be leading the Lakers to first round exists
-10 points for bad spelling son. :lol

Leetonidas
11-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Damn you Firefox :cry