PDA

View Full Version : When Posts Come Back to Haunt You

Alamode
07-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Cruising through old posts I just had to show these again. How things can change in one season. :lol Always great to have the last word.

09-06-2004, 04:16 PM
RevMouse

Top 10 reasons Why it Sucks to be a Spurs fan
Why it Sucks to be a Spurs fan, let me count the ways.....

#10 You have no David Robinson and you will never win a ring w/o him

#9 Coach Pop has no idea who to play and when very sad,

#8 Tim Duncan is one smack to the knee away from retiring early

#7 You have A laker on your team

#6 You might have a Former Laker and Jazz player on your team, That sucks royal

#5 You have no outside shooters

#4 You have to play in the west where there are 5 teams better than yours

#3 You have only 10% real fans 90% are band wagon fans

#2 No matter how long you stand in line for tickets some kid in his basement will buy them all just to sell them to tourist

#1 no matter if you win or lose your owner won't be sober enough to remember.

feel free to add to the list

Ps: Before you say this topic is tasteless? keep in Mind I had respect enough to leave out the Coyoty
__________________________________________________ ________________

Also: I haven't been around for very long for this discussion. When is the head shave?

:king

mouse
Toot My Van Horn

I will shave my head if................
The Spurs win an NBA Championship this year,
Some of you don't know all the details of the last head shave, Kori posted why it did not take place, And this time Kori or LJ, or anyone else dose not have to shave their heads, This is just me and the Spurs. I already spoke with Nate Lundy we will do it at the SBC and the coyote will hand the clippers off to a 8 year old kid. Don't miss this it will be epic...But then again your Spurs have to win an NBA Championship ring And I don't see it most teams that peak to soon lose there steam at the end.

Solid D
07-28-2005, 11:42 AM
:lol we've grown accustomed to this type of baloney from mouse.

ALVAREZ6
07-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Nice call on that one...

tekdragon
07-28-2005, 11:54 AM
I got clippers!

Solid D
07-28-2005, 12:02 PM
How about when Kori posted this thread prior to re-signing Manu last spring.."What's the maximum you would give to Manu?"?
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2588

05-17-2004, 12:21 AM #37
SequSpur

vBookie Cash: $
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fifty Cents.

Manu sucks.

Package him and a few others and get some consistent talent.

:lol

travis2
07-28-2005, 12:06 PM
How about when Kori posted this thread prior to re-signing Manu last spring.."What's the maximum you would give to Manu?"?

Yes, but unfortunately clippers won't work for this instance...

spur219
07-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Nice to see how stupid the post seems now.

Kori Ellis
07-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Yes, but unfortunately clippers won't work for this instance...

It depends on what you are clipping :wow

clubalien
07-28-2005, 12:10 PM
to be fair alot of these are true

Top 10 reasons Why it Sucks to be a Spurs fan
Why it Sucks to be a Spurs fan, let me count the ways.....

#9 Coach Pop has no idea who to play and when very sad,

#8 Tim Duncan is one smack to the knee away from retiring early

#7 You have A laker on your team

#6 You might have a Former Laker and Jazz player on your team, That sucks royal

#5 You have no outside shooters

#3 You have only 10% real fans 90% are band wagon fans

#2 No matter how long you stand in line for tickets some kid in his basement will buy them all just to sell them to tourist
more liek season holding scalpers and other stuff
general idea though waiting in line no tickets avilable

Solid D
07-28-2005, 12:13 PM
#9 is true, clubby? Putting Bowen on Billups and Parker on Hamilton was nails. Coaching clinic.

AlamoSpursFan
07-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Also: I haven't been around for very long for this discussion. When is the head shave?

:king

Right after Tpark leaves the board for a year.

travis2
07-28-2005, 12:22 PM
It depends on what you are clipping :wow

:wow

Ouch! :lol

clubalien
07-28-2005, 12:24 PM
remember tim duncan had to request KErr be put in pop didn;t do it

i belive it was either bowen or parker that suggested the swtich and it was only for a short period of time ofcourse on e coudl argue it was not used alot so they didn't adjust

but i am still nto sure it was actuals pops idea think i read differnt elsewhere

picnroll
07-28-2005, 12:25 PM
How about a LakerGod's ten greatest posts.

Solid D
07-28-2005, 12:32 PM
clubalien, watch the 4th quarter of game 7 again on the dvd and watch some of the coaching moves in particular. Just watch it from a coaching perspective. You might see it a little differently afterward.

nkdlunch
07-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Right after Tpark leaves the board for a year.

How can I forget the most classic post ever :lol

If the Spurs win the championship, wich they arent....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will not post for 1 whole year.

The day the Spurs win, wich they wont cause they dont want to, I will stop posting, and will stay away for

1 whole year.

That simple.

noone will ever beat that in a 1000000 years :lmao

MaNuMaNiAc
07-28-2005, 12:40 PM

Interesting to see how many people thought Manu would be nothing more than a bench player

tekdragon
07-28-2005, 12:45 PM

i belive it was either bowen or parker that suggested the swtich and it was only for a short period of time ofcourse on e coudl argue it was not used alot so they didn't adjust

but i am still nto sure it was actuals pops idea think i read differnt elsewhere

Have we verified that clubalien is not = ducks?

tekdragon
07-28-2005, 12:55 PM
:lol In the Manu thread:

5 years. $5.5 million

And I'm being generous.

Dump Bowen and Hedo. Pray Rose goes to the Bobcats. Ask Horry to retire.

Classic! Hey, at least you got Hedo right...

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2005, 01:20 PM
omg.
I've only been around since april or may.... but i've gotta say:
this stuff is priceless. :lmao

GoSpurs21
07-28-2005, 04:50 PM

but i am still nto sure it was actuals pops idea think i read differnt elsewhereonce again the idiots continue to show off their skills
gotta love the summer

Pop Haters = Bob Hill lovers that still havent gone through puberty
grow up haters, or you will never be able to buy beer.....mmm beer

clubalien
07-28-2005, 04:58 PM
I belive bwoen was invterviewd on tv and said it was his idea to gaurd billups

lets not get in the way of facts to praise pop as god

smeagol
07-28-2005, 05:38 PM
This is what people predicted Manu's contract would look like:

TimVP - $50 million
TPark - $50 million
Brodels - $46 million
Marcus - $65
Baseline - $50
CoachTF - $42
Iceman - billion; open market $7-8/yr
Nikos - $50
SequSpur - $.50
DasTexan - 6 miilion (? per year avg)
SAmikey - $42
SpursWoman - whatever he wants (not sure if she's referring to money )
picnroll - $45 raise to $50
grjr - $50 ( + endorsement money under the table)
bigzak - $7 million (? per year)
Spurminator - $6.5 million average
KoriEllis - $48 revised to $52
SpursFanInAutin - $54
Hegamboa - $48

Most of the people were right on the money ($46 - 52 million).

But even though he doesn't like me, I give the trophy to MB. If Manu was an FA today, he would easily commnad $65MM.

Mixability
07-28-2005, 05:40 PM
hey clubalien, remember when you thought that the movie "Like Mike" was a real game being broadcast? or do I have to go find that thread, so you can admit you're an idiot?

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-28-2005, 06:24 PM
hey clubalien, remember when you thought that the movie "Like Mike" was a real game being broadcast? or do I have to go find that thread, so you can admit you're an idiot?

I thought this was a thread about subpar fencing work. I've been haunted by a few badly installed posts in my day.

SequSpur
07-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Blow me.

mouse
07-28-2005, 07:07 PM
Rack this topic!

I have no problem defending what I said, when I said it, We could never get Nate Lundy and Cyber Bob to get the head shave on radio/Tv so it did not take place,

As for what I said , yes it was the beer talking, but at the same time, It was 95% true,

Pop was making some of the worst player subsitutions I have ever seen in my 50 years of watching sports, and that includs jr high and high school basket ball also..

And I was right about the ticket sales, They sold out in 15 seconds.

plus you guys almost got Karl Maolone on your team,

many other of my bold statements which I will gladly address later.. I have to go record Big Brother or my girlfriend will make me get a real job....

I will say this , I bet it took you all day to find something I said that was not true, people have been searching for years and never could find anything that was not true, your lucky. now it's my turn , I shall go to page 30 and see how 90% of you was worried about being 2-2 to the Sonics :lmao

Once again congrats to you all , you guys proved to be the best team in the NBA. and that is something no one can take away, or until next season :smokin

And I give props ,whenthey are due, I shall eat my crow .

Rack anyone who pulls out old topics to prove a point.
a man must honor his word, so call me the Anti-Tpark :lmao

ALVAREZ6
07-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Mouse got owned.

tw05baller
07-28-2005, 08:14 PM
:lmao^^^

milkyway21
07-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Rack this topic!

I have no problem defending what I said, when I said it, We could never get Nate Lundy and Cyber Bob to get the head shave on radio/Tv so it did not take place,

As for what I said , yes it was the beer talking, but at the same time, It was 95% true,

Pop was making some of the worst player subsitutions I have ever seen in my 50 years of watching sports, and that includs jr high and high school basket ball also..

And I was right about the ticket sales, They sold out in 15 seconds.

plus you guys almost got Karl Maolone on your team,

many other of my bold statements which I will gladly address later.. I have to go record Big Brother or my girlfriend will make me get a real job....

I will say this , I bet it took you all day to find something I said that was not true, people have been searching for years and never could find anything that was not true, your lucky. now it's my turn , I shall go to page 30 and see how 90% of you was worried about being 2-2 to the Sonics :lmao

Once again congrats to you all , you guys proved to be the best team in the NBA. and that is something no one can take away, or until next season :smokin

And I give props ,whenthey are due, I shall eat my crow .

Rack anyone who pulls out old topics to prove a point.
a man must honor his word, so call me the Anti-Tpark :lmao:lmao

don't worry mouse you're better than Samparks(Nuggets in 6).:lol or LakerGod....:lmao

mouse
07-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Mouse got owned.

I am not sure coming from you if it means anything, after all you told someone else today they was gay. how do you get your info?

ALVAREZ6
1+1=2
Are you stupid or are you gay?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=408774#post408774

mouse
07-28-2005, 10:33 PM
:lmao

don't worry mouse you're better than Samparks(Nuggets in 6).:lol or LakerGod....:lmao

Not to mention Sequ and Aggie both bailed out also. man I am going to have a field day going back 30 pages to see how others in here, put there feet in there mouths also. I hope you don't get offended either :lmao

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Mouse-Hits.jpg

SequSpur
07-29-2005, 12:12 AM
Bailed out on what?

WTF?

Solid D
07-29-2005, 12:17 AM
I still know what you said last summer.

http://www.smgfan.com/summer/ikpictures/ikwydls04.jpg

mouse
07-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Bailed out on what?

WTF?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14349&highlight=sequ+bandwagon

04-25-2005, 07:09 PM #1
SequSpur
I Start Sheyittt

Position: Volatile Forward
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $600
SequSpur earned this Spur by being an original member of SpursTalk.com.

Default It's Over.
Yep, that's right. It's over. Tim Duncan is not healthy. He has no chance of getting healthy, the more he plays the more risk he's taking on getting hurt more.

The failures of the past are still haunting the Spurs. The inability to make a shot during crunch time. The poor execution, missed shots, weak defense.

There is no chemistry on this team. I don't give a crap what you say. Players are not setting screens, they aren't making good passes. Tony and Manu are driving the ball into the paint without success and making stupid decisions.

Rasho is hurt, Devin is hurt. We have a rookie pg that sucks. We have new faces that don't know each other yet.

The Spurs have been playing like shit for 2 months now. This is not fresh stuff. I don't know if you realize this but #2 seeds don't lose to #7 seeds.

This is no fluke, Denver is a better team than San Antonio since Duncan is barely 50%. Without Tim, this team has no chance.

Tim should rest and blow off this year. Save the embarassment, at least POP will have a reason.

SequSpur
07-29-2005, 12:24 AM
And?

You want a cookie or what?

mouse
07-29-2005, 12:33 AM
And?

Sure! stop by my place tonight so I can Chip Ahoy dat ass :lmao

smeagol
07-29-2005, 06:01 AM
And?

Sorry ass quitter!

You and TPark are one and the same . . .

Louae
07-29-2005, 08:23 AM
I say 6 year contract, $35 mil. If anything, not a shade above $40 million.

Of course, there is also the concern of another team offering more, so the Spurs might be forced to overpay for Manu.

But as for what Manu brings to the table: he's a talented shooting guard (a position where there are LOTS of talented swingmen in the NBA), but inconsistent performances throughout the season. He's a streak shooter, and not a great defensive player.

My point is that there are lots of players who will bring a similar skill set as Manu, and will cost you a lot less as well. Why do you think Michael Finley is always on the block here in Dallas? Because he's a good shooting who is WAY overpaid.

Interesting how much Manu's image has changed since last summer. Boy, what a difference a year makes.

nkdlunch
07-29-2005, 11:03 AM
:lol this thread is the shiz

tekdragon
07-29-2005, 11:10 AM
Denver is a better team than San Antonio

:lmao
That's good stuff!

fastestxc
07-29-2005, 02:25 PM
i am a huge spurs fan myself but #1 is definitely true. During the ceremony when stern presented the trophy to the spurs owner, Holt, he was drunk off his ass and didn’t even know where he was.

another fun moment after the spurs game 7 win was when Beno was hugging on to Barry a lil to close